Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Grayskull Wave 3 Shipping/Arrival Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    If you don't think the sculpt isn't cutting it why not email your concern to the Four Horsemen as they sculpted her and the factory cut the steel mold based on the Horsemen sculpt.
    Well.....because what the 4H sculpted IS NOT this.....Or let's put it this way.....If that is indeed the sculpt and NO alterations were ever made along the way, they are either using some magical warlock paint to make these things look the way that they do, OR the ball is SERIOUSLY being dropped in one more places along the way and something is being lost in translation.

I'm not turning this in to another endless debate about the same thing that we've already been over and was simply making a comment. I don't wanna hear about the "proto" may change and crap either argument. Minor changes are acceptable. THIS is not minor.....

I'm sure that there are plenty of better pictures out there, but this is what I found in the moment. This is what the horsemen put out there....She-Ra 4 H protp.jpg

If you think that this resembles what was actually pumped out, well then.....I'll just leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    This is what the horsemen put out there....She-Ra 4 H protp.jpg

If you think that this resembles what was actually pumped out, well then.....I'll just leave it at that.
    Riddle of Steel dropping the axe of truth.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    Proof's in the jello pudding!

Attachment 119803Attachment 119804

Much better in hand. Like it!

Finally Fisto!

Attachment 119805
    That is one nice She-Ra. Congrats.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Serving the Universe DennyCrane's Avatar
    No question something was lost in translation...but can you honestly name one single line where the final product looks exactly like the prototypes? Not even the Four Horsemen Mythic Legions can claim that. Often it's better, but that's splitting hairs. The point is, at this point it's pretty well expected. And if you don't own one of these figures, you really should before passing judgement. She-Ra looks very nice in person, and very much reminds me of the animated appearance. That's really what we're aiming at right? Not matching a prototype. Job done in my mind. Is there some room for improvement. Of course always. But have they improved leaps and bounds since Day 1. I think so.
    Shop DC Collectibles for Pop Culture Entertainment -
    Hot Toys, Action Figures, Game & Hobby, Comic Book, Retro / Vintage & More!
    http://DCCollect.com • #24Tuesday • Free Shipping • More!

Get Social for the latest news and reviews, product updates and sale announcements:
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Pinterest

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    No question something was lost in translation...but can you honestly name one single line where the final product looks exactly like the prototypes? Not even the Four Horsemen Mythic Legions can claim that. Often it's better, but that's splitting hairs. The point is, at this point it's pretty well expected. And if you don't own one of these figures, you really should before passing judgement. She-Ra looks very nice in person, and very much reminds me of the animated appearance. That's really what we're aiming at right? Not matching a prototype. Job done in my mind. Is there some room for improvement. Of course always. But have they improved leaps and bounds since Day 1. I think so.
    The problem is you can’t have an issue with anything because there are posters who would call it canon if Super7 literally shipped horse manure in a classics box instead of the figure we ordered.

As you’ve said though I’m looking forward to having her in hand to see what she looks like in person.

Well.....because what the 4H sculpted IS NOT this.....Or let's put it this way.....If that is indeed the sculpt and NO alterations were ever made along the way, they are either using some magical warlock paint to make these things look the way that they do, OR the ball is SERIOUSLY being dropped in one more places along the way and something is being lost in translation.

I'm not turning this in to another endless debate about the same thing that we've already been over and was simply making a comment. I don't wanna hear about the "proto" may change and crap either argument. Minor changes are acceptable. THIS is not minor.....

I'm sure that there are plenty of better pictures out there, but this is what I found in the moment. This is what the horsemen put out there....She-Ra 4 H protp.jpg

...Bravo!!! Completely agree 100%.

Looks good together.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

You got a great She-Ra! Also great shot of the Power Twins! Thanks for posting!

Nice She-ra!!!

Here is a pic of the She-Ra that was on display at NYCC 18:

And, while not perfect, looks a trillion times better than the figures that are being shipped.

Even worse, is the figure that Super 7 has on their own website:

CG She-Ra.jpg

This is not the figure that they are selling.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Got my figures a few days ago! Opened them today! I'm really happy with the quality of the figures! Another Wave of MOTUness

The Eyes of She-ra are a little bit far away from each other and the Face of He-man is a little bit shiny! I think many of the fans have the same concerns...

...but also this two figures look very good, if i look at the overall look of the figure!

...the quality is stil a little bit less then Mattels but not much!

My most likes figures are 1. Mantenna, 2. Grizzlor, 3. Slkeletor, 4. He-man!

but can you honestly name one single line where the final product looks exactly like the prototypes?
    Sure can, and I don't even have to go that far to do it....Man-at-arms....Now I'm not gonna go out there and say that it's 100% match to the proto, but pretty damn close considering that it's a production piece. I'd love to know how his face got the attention and detail that it deserved, but She-Ra didn't...

Same factory right? Both flesh toned right? She-Ra even had an advantage since she came out AFTER he did so I can't even use the excuse that they were still in the "learning/ironing out process," so what happened? These are legitimate questions and while some of you may look at this as "bashing" please note that ALL of us do this out of concern and not hate.

We wouldn't spend our time doing this or buying these if we truly didn't care. I look at it as constructive criticism in hopes that "they" Super7 see these sorts of things and then do what is needed to fix them. If no one says anything, it's then considered fine/acceptable which means nothing gets done.

I also from time to time see people interpreting comments such as these from "children" complaining about toys. Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I can't tell you when was the last time I saw a "child" drop $35.00 plus shipping on an "Action Figure/Toy of this sort." So,...the next time some one has that thought, just think of who is "actually" buying these.

People have a right to say/expect something when they are the ones flipping the bill for a certain quality of product. These are considered "adult collector's items" and should be treated as such.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Here is a pic of the She-Ra that was on display at NYCC 18:

http://media.toyhypeusa.com/2018/08/...3-dsc_0004.jpg

And, while not perfect, looks a trillion times better than the figures that are being shipped.

Even worse, is the figure that Super 7 has on their own website:

CG She-Ra.jpg

Good picture.
    Last edited by Riddle of Steel; March 17, 2019 at 06:37pm.

I just wish I knew what was going on with my order. It meant to have shipped on 1st March according to the tracking number but there was no movement for nearly a fortnight. I then contacted customer service to then be told the shipment had been returned to them by USPS and they would get it re-shipped. I messaged again Friday to see if they had shipped my order again and am waiting on a reply. Hopefully I'll get some news tomorrow (Monday)

I have to admit this and all the complaining has kinda killed the excitement I had for this wave. I've decided I'm skipping the current Collector's Choice wave.
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Whiplash, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, Two-Bad, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

Court Magician
    More importantly, which version of Godzilla is that?
    X-Plus Gigantic Godzilla 1962!

- - - Updated - - -

Sure can, and I don't even have to go that far to do it....Man-at-arms....Now I'm not gonna go out there and say that it's 100% match to the proto, but pretty damn close considering that it's a production piece. I'd love to know how his face got the attention and detail that it deserved, but She-Ra didn't...

Same factory right? Both flesh toned right? She-Ra even had an advantage since she came out AFTER he did so I can't even use the excuse that they were still in the "learning/ironing out process," so what happened? These are legitimate questions and while some of you may look at this as "bashing" please note that ALL of us do this out of concern and not hate.

We wouldn't spend our time doing this or buying these if we truly didn't care. I look at it as constructive criticism in hopes that "they" Super7 see these sorts of things and then do what is needed to fix them. If no one says anything, it's then considered fine/acceptable which means nothing gets done.

I also from time to time see people interpreting comments such as these from "children" complaining about toys. Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I can't tell you when was the last time I saw a "child" drop $35.00 plus shipping on an "Action Figure/Toy of this sort." So,...the next time some one has that thought, just think of who is "actually" buying these.

People have a right to say/expect something when they are the ones flipping the bill for a certain quality of product. These are considered "adult collector's items" and should be treated as such.

- - - Updated - - -

Good picture.
    Riddle is 100% right... I mean don’t these say Adult Collector on the box

You’d expect a little higher quality than mass produced ACTUAL kid’s toys

I think the current She-ra head looks fine but I won't complain if they release a Filmation Adora that has an extra She-ra head that better matches the proto packed in as a free bonus.

Serving the Universe DennyCrane's Avatar
    Actually it is. The Super7 promo pic looks almost identical to the figure in hand. At least the ones we received. This figure apparently isn't very photogenic. The flesh color is soft yes, but not really shiny, more creamy but not too creamy. Basically skin with no suntan. Fairly close to the look of the plastic on modern unpainted Joes, maybe a little more tan.

Bottom line: All these pics look washed out to the real thing. Don't let them be a deal breaker. She looks better in person.
    Last edited by DennyCrane; March 18, 2019 at 12:26pm.
    Shop DC Collectibles for Pop Culture Entertainment -
    Hot Toys, Action Figures, Game & Hobby, Comic Book, Retro / Vintage & More!
    http://DCCollect.com • #24Tuesday • Free Shipping • More!

Get Social for the latest news and reviews, product updates and sale announcements:
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Pinterest

Actually it is. The Super7 promo pic looks almost identical to the figure in hand. At least the ones we received. This figure apparently isn't very photogenic. The flesh color is soft yes, but not really shiny, more creamy but not too creamy. Basically skin with no suntan. Fairly close to the look of the plastic on modern unpainted Joes, maybe a little more tan.

Bottom line: All these pics look washed out to the real thing. Don't let them be a deal breaker. She looks better in person.
    Yes she really does look much better in person. Funny enough this picture I took yesterday of mine really looks a lot like that promo pic they used to announce the wave.

Received my shipping confirmation and tracking # from BBTS.

Anyone who ordered from them has gotten the figures yet? First time ordering from BBTS so kind of anxious to see how it will turn out.

CG She-Ra.jpg

I disagree. This is absolutely what most of the figures seem to be looking like. The derped eye seems to be in the minority. And this image looks like my figure.

I do agree that it doesn't look as good as the prototype (but they never do...you just can't compete with professionally hand painted, by an artist, figures).

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by InnocentSmith View Post
    Received my shipping confirmation and tracking # from BBTS.

Anyone who ordered from them has gotten the figures yet? First time ordering from BBTS so kind of anxious to see how it will turn out.
    I've ordered from BBTS a lot and you have nothing to worry about, they should arrive safe and sound, they pack well.

I am happy-ish with my She-Ra, but I think and will continue to think that her mis-stamped/derpy eyes take away from her true Filmation look. She is Filmation-ish. IMO I have yet to see one single pic that looks like the one pictured above. All the eyes are off in some manner. I like her but she just doesn't hit the Filmation mark like the other three do.

Quote Originally Posted by Arek Brimstone View Post
    I disagree. This is absolutely what most of the figures seem to be looking like. The derped eye seems to be in the minority. And this image looks like my figure.

I do agree that it doesn't look as good as the prototype (but they never do...you just can't compete with professionally hand painted, by an artist, figures).
    she2s7.jpg

Yea, there's defiantly like 3 different versions, although version 1 & 2 might actually be one in the same and it could be some lighting issue or such in the pictures. The proto seems to have better highlights and shading though. The proto was the best, then the S7 website pic., and then of course the production piece.

For those of you that can't see the obvious differences I don't know what to tell you....

Quote Originally Posted by djmajin View Post
    X-Plus Gigantic Godzilla 1962!
    YES!!

King Kong vs. Godzilla!

My all-time favorite version!

I love the '89 and '99 versions as well... but nothing can hold a candle to the '62 'zilla!