Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Grayskull Wave 3 Shipping/Arrival Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Finally got my BBTS She-Ra. Finally got a sample with straight eyes! A few paint QC issues, and the ankles are a bit loose, but not terrible. I sprayed her with matte to take away the gloss. I am pleased!
    https://i.imgur.com/alSgREg.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/t5e0Hqa.jpg
    Congrats.

I can't wait to have mine but it will still be for a while. I however won't do the matte spray technique, all my Super7 figures is ok by itself, the figure shine seems to be "worse" only on photos. My Teela and Sorceress are both ok imho.

But i respect those who uses matte paint on their figures, it does closely resemble the painted prototype after this matte painting technique.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    Last edited by motogp_fanatic; March 24, 2019 at 10:36am.
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Congrats.

I can't wait to have mine but it will still be for a while. I however won't do the matte spray technique, all my Super7 figures is ok by itself, the figure shine seems to be "worse" only on photos. My Teela and Sorceress are both ok imho.

But i respect those who uses matte paint on their figures, it does closely resemble the painted prototype after this matte painting technique.

The gloss really isn't that bad on this wave. It's more a matter of personal preference. I tend to prefer matte finish on everything. I have even sprayed other toylines as well.

The gloss really isn't that bad on this wave. It's more a matter of personal preference. I tend to prefer matte finish on everything. I have even sprayed other toylines as well.
    It does make the figure of yours nice.

Finally got my BBTS She-Ra. Finally got a sample with straight eyes! A few paint QC issues, and the ankles are a bit loose, but not terrible. I sprayed her with matte to take away the gloss. I am pleased!
    https://i.imgur.com/alSgREg.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/t5e0Hqa.jpg
    What Matte spray do you use?

That She-Ra is beautiful.

Actually that's the best one I've seen! She looks pretty ok! the one I had the eye wonk was terrible. Sold it for 90 on EBAY and ordered a new one from BBTS for 50. Fingers crossed she half as pretty as yours.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    What Matte spray do you use?
    I use Tamiya Color Flat Clear spray. You can find it mostly on hobby sites and ebay. I love it.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Tamiya-Spray-...5803027&chn=ps

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    I am happy-ish with my She-Ra, but I think and will continue to think that her mis-stamped/derpy eyes take away from her true Filmation look. She is Filmation-ish. IMO I have yet to see one single pic that looks like the one pictured above. All the eyes are off in some manner. I like her but she just doesn't hit the Filmation mark like the other three do.
    Agreed. As many have said before, painting the faces really makes them look so much more toon accurate, and she needs it. I also think that the female characters have such delicate features that they have to be executed better to look right. If you look at the prototype and then the production She-Ra, not only is the painted skin tone better but the attention in the eyes and shape of the lips is a big part of what captures the likeness.

I think the She-Ra sculpt survived tooling better than Teela, she just needs a repaint. So far I have repainted all of the Super 7 females and they look so much better.

Well I received my two She-Ra's from BBTS and I'll join the chorus of those saying she looks absolutely fantastic in person. To me she came out perfect, this is the Filmation She-Ra I've been wanting for over 30 years!

20190325_135214.jpg

20190325_135239.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Khev; March 25, 2019 at 03:02pm.

Looks like BBTS got all the good ones! So glad I ordered an additional one from them!

Looks like BBTS got all the good ones! So glad I ordered an additional one from them!
    Yep, she's a total winner, glad I ordered two.

Obviously she doesn't match that one convention prototype but she *does* match S7's official promo image as long as you get a good one. I think that this is the best She-ra figure ever made bar none. Well done S7, keep it up!

The Demon of Screamin' JonnyTyler's Avatar
    Finally bit the bullet, and ordered She Ra from BBTS. Hoping she shows up looking as good a some of the later pics I've been seeing.
    Please Give My MOTUC Sale Thread A Look! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...easts-For-Sale
    I have a new Thread in the Vintage Marketplace! Check it out!! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=209217
    Here's my Trader's Review too: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ght=Jonnytyler

Quote Originally Posted by Khev View Post
    Well I received my two She-Ra's from BBTS and I'll join the chorus of those saying she looks absolutely fantastic in person. To me she came out perfect, this is the Filmation She-Ra I've been wanting for over 30 years!

20190325_135214.jpg

20190325_135239.jpg
    I wouldn’t say she is perfect, but she is definitely not as bad as everyone is thinking she is.
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

Finally received mine from BBTS, and I am stoked! All look and feel absolutely great. She-Ra looks perfect, and I only don't like the elbow articulation since you cannot pose her very naturally. I feel like all the complaints come from looking at close up pictures, not the actual figure in hand from a normal human eye viewing distance. Grizzlor has somewhat loose legs, but that is all I have to say from the lot. Excellent wave, and can't wait for wave 4 and hope Super 7 keep it up.

IMG_20190326_180044.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by InnocentSmith View Post
    Finally received mine from BBTS, and I am stoked! All look and feel absolutely great. She-Ra looks perfect, and I only don't like the elbow articulation since you cannot pose her very naturally. I feel like all the complaints come from looking at close up pictures, not the actual figure in hand from a normal human eye viewing distance. Grizzlor has somewhat loose legs, but that is all I have to say from the lot. Excellent wave, and can't wait for wave 4 and hope Super 7 keep it up.

IMG_20190326_180044.jpg
    Congrats, that She-Ra is nice.

I received my order of new MOTU stuff from Super7 last night. I've only opened Fisto from this series thus far. I like him although the range of motion in the head is really quite poor. Also, what's up with his sword? It feels really odd, almost of if it was printed from a really rough 3D printer. It's sharp, though, I'll give it that. The fist is really cool and the figure feels sturdy.

Edit: I opened Grizzlor last night. Man, he is really nice. I'm definitely a bigger fan of the Classics style than the Filmation style figures but I really like the quality of Grizzlor. He feels very solid, matches the style of the show well, and has some nice accessories. He's very playable, something many of the other figures struggle with a bit.
    Last edited by Barbecue17; March 28, 2019 at 08:40am.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

There's no denying it, this face is terrible and not what was shown. I saw on Instagram where someone painted over the face and you can tell that it was actually sculpted wrong.

Untitled
    Instagram: toysgotme

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumFist View Post
    There's no denying it, this face is terrible and not what was shown. I saw on Instagram where someone painted over the face and you can tell that it was actually sculpted wrong.

Well The Sculpting is done by the Four Horsemen.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Heroic Warrior
    I didn't really notice before, but what's up with the shoulders? Grayskull-She-Ra-33.jpgGrayskull-She-Ra-08.jpg Are everyone's this bad?

Widget
    Yeah, that was actually my photo on Instagarm: https://www.instagram.com/p/BvhUkp9HkWT/

Her eyes are sculpted too far apart but the paint is making it even worse. The sculpt of the nose and lips is also not 100% accurate to the Filmation cartoon (She-Ra never had a duck lips)

I repainted my one to make it more accurate to the cartoon. It's not 100% perfect but I think it looks better.

Last edited by zelu1984; March 29, 2019 at 09:56am.

Widget
    got my she ra

and had nightmares because of her eyes in the past

but now in hand she is nearly perfect,

really great job super7!

Quote Originally Posted by sarkami View Post
    got my she ra

and had nightmares because of her eyes in the past

but now in hand she is nearly perfect,

really great job super7!
    Still haven't got my She-Ra but IMHO it is established that the fear of "ugliness" is mostly based on pictures with those camera lighting and mega super close up, (though the derp and uneven eyes are valid issues specifically quality control issues). But without that issue,all Super7 females looks good in hand. To be honest Mattel painted face Evil Lyn is the lesser amongst the females of CG thus far but even she still looks good in hand. With Shadow Weaver coming in for wave4, I'm only looking out for Adora and Queen Marlena,the last 2 females I need/ want on CG for my collection.

Still haven't got my She-Ra but IMHO it is established that the fear of "ugliness" is mostly based on pictures with those camera lighting and mega super close up, (though the derp and uneven eyes are valid issues specifically quality control issues). But without that issue,all Super7 females looks good in hand. To be honest Mattel painted face Evil Lyn is the lesser amongst the females of CG thus far but even she still looks good in hand. With Shadow Weaver coming in for wave4, I'm only looking out for Adora and Queen Marlena,the last 2 females I need/ want on CG for my collection.

Wouldn’t you want a Queen Elmora figure in Club Grayskull? We are getting weapons from Phantos with figures and we have a Strong Arm figure in classics. She could come with Photanium chains or a body cell and the extra she demon head.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Congrats.

I agree with you 100%. Ultimate He-Man, Skeletor, and She-ra are absolute jaw-droppers standing on my shelf in ways that simply don't translate in photographs. I'd barely even notice any existence of "gloss" whatsoever without all the online pics and videos calling it out. In real life the way the light hits them the plastic pretty much looks the same as my old vintage figures. Yes you can notice differences if you scrutinize them side by side or place them at a very specific angle so the light hits them just right but under "normal" day to day viewing circumstances these figures are all homeruns. No complaints whatsoever.

I thought that I'd need to spray matte finish on them or have someone repaint She-ra's face after early reviews online but not at all anymore after having them in person.

Very few online pics and reviews have remotely done these figures justice with regard to what you see when you get them in hand.

www.toyark.com's She-ra gallery does a much better job of showing what she actually looks like in hand under normal interior lighting.

I'm very curious about these Toyark pictures.

What is going on with She-Ra's shoulders in these shots? The arm doesn't seem to line up with the socket, or it is mis-sized.

Does anyone else have this probem?

I bought four of these from BBTS and I haven't opened them yet, but I didn't notice this "feature" on mine. I am eager to get home and see again.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

I can see them planning on rereleasing her in a Female line of the Great rebellion so they most likely didn't want her to be that perfect. That will get us to buy yet another She-ra with her issues being fixed.
    MYP SKELETOR , Kay-la, ABC GIANTS, MYP Evil-lyn, MYP Sorceress, MYP Captain Miro, Queen Andreeno ,MYP King Randor, MYP or Dc Tri-Klops, MYP Squeeeze, General Rattlor, MYP Roboto