Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Club Grayskull Wave 3 Shipping/Arrival Thread

If I there is one thing I don't like with Club Grayskull now is that the packaging approach wherein the figure itself is on static pose and accessories on the side.
    It is very evident on Super7 wave 2 and 3. Super7 wave 1 figures (except Hordak) have excellent poses holding weapons inside the packaging very similar to the Mattel wave (except Evil Seed). Static pose is dull, an unappealing. IMHO packaging should revert to figures in "action" poses, they are after all action figures.

Hope wave 4 will be packaged again on exciting poses.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    IMHO packaging should revert to figures in "action" poses, they are after all action figures.
    All the more reason to free them from their confines.

I have always been of the impression that most collectors (well at least those who open their figures) prefer to have the figures unposed and not holding accessories in the package as this prevents the warping of the figure itself and the accessories.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Quote Originally Posted by TigerBlade View Post
    All the more reason to free them from their confines.
    This is why CG line is nicer, you can open them and have them back in the box after.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    I have always been of the impression that most collectors (well at least those who open their figures) prefer to have the figures unposed and not holding accessories in the package as this prevents the warping of the figure itself and the accessories.
    I see your point but regardless of the poses, packaging can unintentionally warp figure, sorceress leg comes to mind, pixel dan video review is one good example. Another is merman left armor flaps, both in static pose but with warping issues.

Man -At-Arms pose is ok by simply holding his mace and Mattel Evil lyn pose is nice too.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Widget
    For those who had issues or defective figures and sent them back, has anyone received their replacement figures yet? I sent mine back 6 weeks ago, and I was told that replacement swill be sent after all orders we filled, the figs I sent back were received by Super 7 about 5 weeks ago, I checked in after hearing and receiving nothing about the status of my replacement 3 weeks ago and heard from Rudy (continued point of contact since I needed to send them back) that replacement will be sent in a week, and I will receive tracking, I wait two more weeks and still nothing so I reach out again early this week and Rudy now states that all wholesale orders need to be fulfilled and this was Unforeseen by Super7 and replacements will resume once all wholesale figures orders are fulfilled. I have ordered every wave from them and this is my first issue. Should it really take over 2 months to receive replacement figures after I paid for them 8 months in advance? Quality is terrible and after looking forward to Snake Mountain for years, I’m very skeptical of this is how issues are handled for sub par quality issues for expensive figures.

I’m still waiting. Sent 2 defective figures back they they received them on 3/22.
    Snake Mountain, FINALLY!!!

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    I am waiting on replacements. They got my figures back on 3/27.

Nope, will be a month next week..

and over 6 weeks just waiting for my original order to ship with a working tracking number for me

I would be even more upset than I already am if folks were getting replacements shipped while I'm still waiting for my original order to ship!
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Whiplash, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, Two-Bad, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    and over 6 weeks just waiting for my original order to ship with a working tracking number for me

I would be even more upset than I already am if folks were getting replacements shipped while I'm still waiting for my original order to ship!
    This happened to me with the wave one figures.

People started getting their replacement figures a good while before my order arrived...

This, coupled with the fact that none of my emails were answered, left a bad first impression. I was less than enthusiastic to say the least.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    I got a similar reply. Sounds like they are trying to fill BBTS orders before they send out replacements. Hopefully, there are enough.

Or better yet, maybe we will get a second run of She-ra figures that look like She-ra!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    That's true for me. I've always disliked the forced poses and the resulting damage they cause. Yes, the static poses can also be problematic, but not to the same degree.

I've always been annoyed by the waste of plastic. There is no good reason for squeezing a figure between two or more 'clam shells'. The old MOTU packaging - card back and plastic front - was adequate.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    This happened to me with the wave one figures.

People started getting their replacement figures a good while before my order arrived...

This, coupled with the fact that none of my emails were answered, left a bad first impression. I was less than enthusiastic to say the least.
    How long did it take them to sort it from when the figures started shipping to when you got a valid tracking number? and what was their reason for the delay on your wave 1 package? Same as me (a tracked package that just did not move at all and so thought to be lost?)

I was told that their logistics partner would go to USPS to track down my package this past week but customer service have not been back in touch as of yet. I'll send another email tomorrow (Monday) for an update. I'm wondering if it would just be easier to ask for a refund and order a single set of wave 3 and the Ultimates from BBTS... I just don't get how they think it's acceptable to make me wait over 6 weeks to get my package shipped with a working tracking number when they could just re-ship my stuff from remaining inventory. Only thing I can think of is they are frightened the original package might somehow be found and start moving resulting in me receiving double the figures I ordered.

I could understand it if the package was untracked and uninsured as they would have to wait x amount of time for the package to be declared 'lost' by the postal service but since my package had tracking it shouldn't surely be that diffilcult to sort it out?

How much longer do folks think it's reasonable to wait before just asking for a refund instead? I'm not an impatient person but I don't want to be treated like an idiot by Super7 either.
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Whiplash, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, Two-Bad, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

How long did it take them to sort it from when the figures started shipping to when you got a valid tracking number? and what was their reason for the delay on your wave 1 package? Same as me (a tracked package that just did not move at all and so thought to be lost?)
    I never heard back from customer service (seriously, it was almost a running joke when all of this happened) and I figured I would request a refund from my CC company. Then, one day after work, the package finally arrived. I feared the worst after seeing all of the horrible botch-jobs that people were receiving with wave one, but luckily, my figures all turned out decent... except for Teela, but she is beyond help because of her entire design and execution... terrible figure.... ugh.

How much longer do folks think it's reasonable to wait before just asking for a refund instead? I'm not an impatient person but I don't want to be treated like an idiot by Super7 either.
    Personally, I think you've already exhibited the patience of a saint.

The one thing that every company should have is good customer service.... Sadly, it doesn't seem like Super7 has ANY customer service.

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    Getting pretty irritated with the quality of these figures. I had She-Ra on display on my desk. I moved her, and she dropped her shield. I attempted to put the shield back in her hand and the handle broke off. This is literally the second time I put the shield in her hand.

I feel like I'm paying a lot of money for these figures and that they should be able to hold up to being displayed.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    I got a similar reply. Sounds like they are trying to fill BBTS orders before they send out replacements. Hopefully, there are enough.

Or better yet, maybe we will get a second run of She-ra figures that look like She-ra!!!
    Just arrived from BBTS
    Is this seriously what we are expected to display as she-Ra?
    And from other horror stories in this thread Iím sure Iíll get told this is one of the better ones

Yes she-ra always had 1 HUGE eye bag and wonky eyes when I remember watching the cartoon...
    I know sheís getting old, but sheís not fallen foul of Nicole Kidmanís surgeon yet

0B4B015C-464B-4812-9EE9-17049922DC6D.jpeg

Serving the Universe DennyCrane's Avatar
    With all these complaints, beginning to wonder if we should have ours framed!
    Shop DC Collectibles for Pop Culture Entertainment -
    Hot Toys, Action Figures, Game & Hobby, Comic Book, Retro / Vintage & More!
    http://DCCollect.com ē #24Tuesday ē Free Shipping ē More!

Get Social for the latest news and reviews, product updates and sale announcements:
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Pinterest

I’ll say it once and I’ll say it again, She-ra is the biggest disappointment from Super7. She looks horrible much worse than Teela and Sorceress. Every time I see her she reminds me of the sloth character from Ice Age.

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    Iíll say it once and Iíll say it again, She-ra is the biggest disappointment from Super7. She looks horrible much worse than Teela and Sorceress. Every time I see her she reminds me of the sloth character from Ice Age.
    I agree She-ra was poorly executed. Teela still takes the crown as the worst figure. All that really matters is that after all of this time you can not trust them to produce a good looking, high quality figure, even of a flagship type character like She-ra.

I’ll say it once and I’ll say it again, She-ra is the biggest disappointment from Super7. She looks horrible much worse than Teela and Sorceress. Every time I see her she reminds me of the sloth character from Ice Age.
    Sid lol!!! She definitely resembles Sid or Sloth from the Goonies better than she does She-Ra.

I got 3 She-ra's and the face paint was ok. Not bad enough to risk getting another one. Just good enough to recognize it's She-ra.

What makes me the most upset is the shoulders that are all jacked up and the lack of swivel in the legs of the female figures.

Those shoulders are messed up. Can't put them down all the way and they peg for them looks to be too small...
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

I realize Iím not the best at finely detailed painting and I need to tweak/clean up a bit, but adding a little thickness to the eye outlines seems to do wonders for the tired/baggy eye look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    Sid lol!!! She definitely resembles Sid or Sloth from the Goonies better than she does She-Ra.
    she-ra-promo-img.jpg

"For the Honor of Grayskull!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    she-ra-promo-img.jpg

"For the Honor of Grayskull!"
    This is fantastic!!! A spitting image!

Heroic Warrior
    I just got She-Ra from BBTS and I think she turned out great, she's the right height, love the overall animation look of her, and to me her face and eyes are fine. She stands great next to Filmation He-man, which I also got in.