Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Club Grayskull Wave 3 Shipping/Arrival Thread

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Got my wave 3 over Easter and overall I am happy with the figures.

She-Ra - Was dreading this, but she turned out pretty well, yes her face does have some issues but honestly it's not bad in person - maybe I just got a good one. The paint apps were neat for the most part and I like her accessories, although the handle came off the shield.

Fisto - The one I was most looking forward to, he turned out as expected, no flaws that I can see, just wish the sword, fist and armor weren't painted.

Mantenna - Probably the standout of the wave, very vivid colours and no QC issues, all the joints are nice and tight. I like the additional head. The extra hands seem pointless tbh. I do still prefer my MOTUC Mantenna figure, but this is a nice variation.

Grizzlor - A nice surprise, I didn't like how he was executed when first revealed but I really like the figure. I like how he is taller than the rest and I like his sharp claws. Again dumb idea to paint the weapons in flat paint with no coating!

I noticed the figures seem less shiny than the previous wave, She-Ra's face is the worst for this. Also Grizzlor's face is like a soft sculpt, it doesn't "pop" as it should.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Connoisseur of plastics VelvetPython's Avatar
    Still haven't gotten mine, the package apparently never left California. I've been waiting patiently, it's been a few weeks since I emailed Super7.
    Skeletor?!? May the dark gods burn his evil soul!

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetPython View Post
    Still haven't gotten mine, the package apparently never left California. I've been waiting patiently, it's been a few weeks since I emailed Super7.
    Same for me Customer Service told me they will reship my order from their own warehouse once they receive the leftover stock from their shipping partner. It was meant to arrive into their warehouse this week.

If it isn't sorted by Monday I'm just going to ask them to refund me.
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Whiplash, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, Two-Bad, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Same for me Customer Service told me they will reship my order from their own warehouse once they receive the leftover stock from their shipping partner. It was meant to arrive into their warehouse this week.

I'd recommend you give them a bit of time after Monday. They announced that they are moving warehouses, so all shipments from them will be delayed a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    I'd recommend you give them a bit of time after Monday. They announced that they are moving warehouses, so all shipments from them will be delayed a couple of weeks.
    I have already been waiting nearly 2 months already! It's not my fault that my shipment never left the USA nor is it my problem they are moving warehouse. At this point I think I'm done with the line and will probably just cherry pick the odd figure from BBTS going forward.

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Whiplash, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, Two-Bad, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    I received my She-Ra yesterday. I bought individually from a fellow orger in the He-Man.org marketplace, which has proven to be safer, since he receives in the USA, ships to my PO Box in the USA and that courier ships to my country.

Now, about the figure itself, I was skeptikal after seein so many bad pics and the worst seen so far in Pixel Dan's video, BUT as many said, it's not terrible in hand, in fact it's quite acceptable: no sunburn on cleveage, no paint apps mistakes on legs (from boots) and the eyes are not so far appart for my She-Ra. Also, the plastic is not so shiny, it looks good actually (Ultimate Filmation is terrible though, it came first to my door). However, the problems with the engineering of the conection of arms to shoulders is bad.

I have my theory about the "in hand" factor. I'm a 45 years old man collecting these figures, my sight is not what it used to be, my presbyopia is progressing (as normal at this age), so I think that counts towards the improved perception once you have the figure in hand, as opposed to the issues revealed by hi-res pics. Also, the reseller i buy from is known to filter major QC issues and deal with S7 before sending the figures to end customer (thanks for that!)
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post

Super7 re-shipped my figures yesterday and since today there is movement on the tracking so I have my fingers crossed I'll receive them in a week or so. Hopefully anyone else who has had the same issues have also got their order sorted out

Quote Originally Posted by neozach View Post
    Looks good to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a chance to get She-Ra while waiting for my wave 3 set. As expected, in hand she is nice and I'm very satisfied. While I see the issue, it really does not bother me personally. Now I may end up with 2 She-Ra's, now that's more of a problem, in a good way.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Just got mine (from a UK online retailer) and i’m happy with them mostly!

She-Ra looks pretty good in hand, not perfect but waaaaaaay better than Teela to me.

My main gripe is the articulation, no torso crunch is a bummer but I can live with it for the aesthetic, but the elbows only having 90 degree bends is frustrating.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.lukespicer.com

Got my She-Ra a few weeks back one of the eyes was not even completely painted. However thanks to the incredable paint work of Alessandra, my She-Ra Ra finally looks like the princess of Power. For me this just proves how poor the paint application was on She-Ra's face. I'm much happier now!
    Screenshot_20190503-160322.jpg
    Screenshot_20190503-160209.jpg
    Screenshot_20190503-160201.jpg
    Screenshot_20190503-160155.jpg
    Screenshot_20190503-160133.jpg
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Woooow!! That is amazing! It looks like She-ra walked right out of the tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    Got my She-Ra a few weeks back one of the eyes was not even completely painted. However thanks to the incredable paint work of Alessandra, my She-Ra Ra finally looks like the princess of Power. For me this just proves how poor the paint application was on She-Ra's face. I'm much happier now!

Proper matt paint apps for her face and decent eye decals would have made all the difference.

IMG_20190524_193117_640.jpg
    IMG_20190524_212137_700.jpg
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    Your She-Ra is amazing! Excellent work!

Heroic Warrior
    Proper matt paint apps for her face and decent eye decals would have made all the difference.

IMG_20190524_193117_640.jpg
    IMG_20190524_212137_700.jpg
    WOW she looks fantastic! It actually is amazing what matt paint and properly following the sculpt for the details will do!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Got a chance to get She-Ra while waiting for my wave 3 set. As expected, in hand she is nice and I'm very satisfied. While I see the issue, it really does not bother me personally. Now I may end up with 2 She-Ra's, now that's more of a problem, in a good way. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...906109e1bc.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...4d77f73438.jpg

Finally my first She-Ra arrives ( my 2nd one i did acquired first) anyways, my 2nd looks nice but this one is nice I'm so stoked and feels quite lucky. Thanks Super7.

By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Widget
    Please details of the amazing person that repainted this for you?
    I see you are Uk based.. (she looks so good now)

Wowsers!!!

BEAUTIFUL work there, A!

Her name is Alessandra. You can see her IG: alessandrafcustoms and FB; AFCustoms