Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Grayskull Wave 3 Shipping/Arrival Thread

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Agreed. I speak with my wallet. Skipped this wave after seeing the results of the last one and I'm glad I did. Cherry picked the next from a reseller. Not going to pay that kind of money for disappointing figures.

The problem with that though is that it's not like there's another option to buy a "better" version from someone else. It's either you take it or leave it. If these were oranges and I didn't like the way that they looked yea, I could simply go to another grocer and buy theirs. Here you're just screwed.

When your in a position where you've been waiting forever for something like this with no guarantee that you'll ever see it again, people adopt the mindset of "something is better then nothing."

Once that incurs, you get this situation where yea, some people will fall off and simply not buy them, but others still will even though dissatisfied simply because there is no alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    The problem with that though is that it's not like there's another option to buy a "better" version from someone else. It's either you take it or leave it. If these were oranges and I didn't like the way that they looked yea, I could simply go to another grocer and buy theirs. Here you're just screwed.

When your in a position where you've been waiting forever for something like this with no guarantee that you'll ever see it again, people adopt the mindset of "something is better then nothing."

Once that incurs, you get this situation where yea, some people will fall off and simply not buy them, but others still will even though dissatisfied simply because there is no alternative.
    very true! and it does not help when Bryan gives snarky, snide comments during the Pixel Dan interview about the machine having difficulty stamping the eyes. sadly, it's a trend I see more and more across various brands, companies, and merchandise. companies and their reps gaslighting, mocking, and invalidating the customer. the days of the "customer is always right" are over. companies seem to be using the same tactics used by abusers and narcissists. also, when fans/customers have legitimate gripes, the white knight (enablers of the abusive tactics) come out of the wood work.

BTW, She-ra's eyes look like $%&. Super 7 should be embarrassed. but it's the only Filmation She-ra we are likely to get

I was happy-ish with my She-ra until the picture above was re-shown and I forgot that, that was supposed to be a production She-ra. Now that I see them side by side I’m even more disappointed. Mine is the one on the right :/...oh well I’ll go back to cherry picking or make the movie wave my final purchase from this awesome line. I’m not even trying to get Snake Mountain as I feel the price is too high for a playset and my other collection for WWE gets most of what disposable income I do spend now.
    C34FF44B-8D0F-428F-9812-EE3B54766CD3.jpg

My god that’s depressing.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    No one else is going to step up.
    I, and my MOTU dollars, patiently await Mondo's (albeit original) take on She-Ra in the 1/6th scale. It won't be Filmation, but I have confidence she will look amazing.

How can Brian even say that we are whining about her like he so unprofessionally did in Pixel Dan's interview when you have a comparison pic like that? Yes we are whining and we have every right to.

I’ve decided to see about getting a new one Fromm Super7, I’ll keep everyone updated on the process as I move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by ManKindRam View Post
    I’ve decided to see about getting a new one Fromm Super7, I’ll keep everyone updated on the process as I move forward.
    That left eye is pretty bad. Keep us informed.

I was happy-ish with my She-ra until the picture above was re-shown and I forgot that, that was supposed to be a production She-ra. Now that I see them side by side I’m even more disappointed. Mine is the one on the right :/...oh well I’ll go back to cherry picking or make the movie wave my final purchase from this awesome line. I’m not even trying to get Snake Mountain as I feel the price is too high for a playset and my other collection for WWE gets most of what disposable income I do spend now.
    Yeah, that is pretty depressing. She does look pretty gorgeous on the left there. (still no MOTUC Teela, but close!)

The one on the right...still not god awful (especially when you consider it probably looks okay from a distance), but she is certainly not the beaut that is there on the left. And that is unfortunate.

I was happy-ish with my She-ra until the picture above was re-shown and I forgot that, that was supposed to be a production She-ra. Now that I see them side by side I知 even more disappointed. Mine is the one on the right :/...oh well I値l go back to cherry picking or make the movie wave my final purchase from this awesome line. I知 not even trying to get Snake Mountain as I feel the price is too high for a playset and my other collection for WWE gets most of what disposable income I do spend now.
    That's unfortunate. You can easily tell the eyes were applied at an angle compared to the 'good' production figure that was on display. Hope you are able to get your replacement figure.

The only female by Super 7 I haven't been disappointed by is Granita. Sold off or dropped my pre-orders for the others, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about Kittrina.

Heroic Warrior
    [QUOTE=ManKindRam;3826441]I was happy-ish with my She-ra until the picture above was re-shown and I forgot that, that was supposed to be a production She-ra. Now that I see them side by side I知 even more disappointed. Mine is the one on the right :/...oh well I値l go back to cherry picking or make the movie wave my final purchase from this awesome line. I知 not even trying to get Snake Mountain as I feel the price is too high for a playset and my other collection for WWE gets most of what disposable income I do spend now.
    You need to send that back you were robbed go to the police station and file a report

Have we even seen a She-Ra that has the correct eyes like the production one Super7 showed off? I'd be curious to see if any of them are like that.

Quote Originally Posted by FAN-DOR View Post
    Have we even seen a She-Ra that has the correct eyes like the production one Super7 showed off? I'd be curious to see if any of them are like that.
    That's easy lol. NO. And Brian said to Pixel Dan about us complaining about her that all we had to do was return her for a replacement if we were not happy with how she looks. Ummm...and how is that gonna work when they ALL have a gimpy face?
    Last edited by depp76; February 27, 2019 at 09:55pm.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    This was a final looking sample that Super7 had on display at NYCC this past October.

Why did this become what everyone is receiving. It痴 not like Super7 told the factory to paint the eyes differently: badly.

The factory is at fault. They need to make it right.

I don't mean to cause any controversy, and I absolutely sympathize with everyone who's gotten She-Ras with the wonky eyes as have been posted. But, we got 2, and both look almost exactly like this NYCC one you posted. In fact, I just grabbed mine and held it up to the computer screen directly beside your pic, and there is no discernible difference! Again, I feel terrible for everyone who got a wonky one, but I wanted to chime in if for no other reason than to offer some hope that perhaps it is NOT the majority that are bad, but only the "few" that people are posting about...? I hope so, and I hope everyone can get one they're happy about through exchange, or luck like we perhaps had.

I知 in nyc too... did you order just one complete wave? I致e been noticing that of you order more than that, you are not first to receive your shipment... you are pushed later... I ordered more than one complete wave, but mine have yet to ship.
    I ordered 2 sets and got mine today in Ohio, Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    I don't mean to cause any controversy, and I absolutely sympathize with everyone who's gotten She-Ras with the wonky eyes as have been posted. But, we got 2, and both look almost exactly like this NYCC one you posted. In fact, I just grabbed mine and held it up to the computer screen directly beside your pic, and there is no discernible difference! Again, I feel terrible for everyone who got a wonky one, but I wanted to chime in if for no other reason than to offer some hope that perhaps it is NOT the majority that are bad, but only the "few" that people are posting about...? I hope so, and I hope everyone can get one they're happy about through exchange, or luck like we perhaps had.

I ordered 2 sets and got mine today in Ohio, Brian.
    OK I will be the first to ask lol. If yours looks identical to the NYCC one pictured above as you state can you please post a pic of yours?

Agreed if you indeed have one that looks like that image, it will give me hope that my Goonies She-ra will indeed be replaced with a superior one. Please post a photo of you can

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Agreed. I speak with my wallet. Skipped this wave after seeing the results of the last one and I'm glad I did. Cherry picked the next from a reseller. Not going to pay that kind of money for disappointing figures.
    Absolutely.

Hopefully, more and more people will stop giving Super 7 money for subpar figures... ones that look extremely different from the 'sales-pitch' versions. This is really the only way Super 7 will listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    Agreed.

The only other option is stop buying them altogether. I never want to wish ill on any company, but this is a situation where fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

I think a large number of fans are sick of being fooled. She-Ra is a face of the franchise, and I can barely stomach a look at her...

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I, and my MOTU dollars, patiently await Mondo's (albeit original) take on She-Ra in the 1/6th scale. It won't be Filmation, but I have confidence she will look amazing.
    Here, here!

I believe that Mondo is actually out to do the franchise justice with a unique take on these beloved characters... Whereas, to me, it feels like Super 7 is out to make a buck off of the die-hard fan base...

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    But, we got 2, and both look almost exactly like this NYCC one you posted. In fact, I just grabbed mine and held it up to the computer screen directly beside your pic, and there is no discernible difference!
    Well, if this is true, then people should send their figures back to Brian and demand one that looks like yours.

Sadly, this might end up being another Teela situation... send her back for a refund, because you ain't gettin' a good looking figure.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    How can Brian even say that we are whining about her like he so unprofessionally did in Pixel Dan's interview when you have a comparison pic like that? Yes we are whining and we have every right to.
    I agree that it's super frustrating, and that there are real gripes with many figures including She-Ra. To play devil's advocate, I will say that there is a segment of toy collectors that are a minority, but a very LOUD and obnoxious minority, that absolutely complain about the most ridiculous things and have the craziest entitlement issues.

In no way do I think that's what we have going on here. Not in the least. But I do think sometimes the legitimate critiques and frustrations get swallowed up as just more noise from nit-picky, impossible to please collectors. It's sort of a "one bad apple" scenario. It frustrates me greatly, and I wish the noisy minority would disappear so things would change. It's getting to be a wide spread problem in the hobby and in the business.

Attachment 119601

This was a final looking sample that Super7 had on display at NYCC this past October.

Why did this become what everyone is receiving. It’s not like Super7 told the factory to paint the eyes differently: badly.

The factory is at fault. They need to make it right.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m in nyc too... did you order just one complete wave? I’ve been noticing that of you order more than that, you are not first to receive your shipment... you are pushed later... I ordered more than one complete wave, but mine have yet to ship.
    Yeah I just got the one set, no extras. It's probably easier for them to clear out complete sets to make some room. get the bulk of them out fast then cater to the mixed sets. I know 4H does it this way too with their sets. Logistically it makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

It looks like her left eye is off from the sculpt. The right eye looks fine. Mine wasn't like that but I agree the eye placement wasn't as great as in that proto. Now that I see the proto shot I'm less impressed with my She-Ra. I'm sure s7 will replace yours if you send it back. Or you can chain her to a chair in basement in front of some Erol Flynn films and give her a Baby Ruth and she'll be content.

May I also chime in to ask, Kevin, if you would post photos of your good looking She-Ra figures?

Seeing nicer looking ones will definitely calm some nerves around here...

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    They need to redo the heads for all 3, Teela, Sorceress, and She-Ra and send them to the customers Free of Charge!
    Where's the like button?
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Even the "good" one on display there has one eye higher than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    How can Brian even say that we are whining about her like he so unprofessionally did in Pixel Dan's interview
    While I'm not a toy collector, I am still very much a fan and enjoy trying to keep up with what collectables and merch there is available for the He-man and She-ra franchise. I watched this interview and was shocked at how this business man openly spoke about his customer base. I'm not one of his customers, but I was offended for those of you who are. As a customer, you have a right to express your approval or disapproval of a product...and he should listen and pay attention to your concerns...not mock and insult you for your feedback. I do hope that you guys can sort this out and that he honors what he said about making things right for you.

Good Luck

Just received my shipping email from super7 for my set of 4 and my 2 ultimates. Should be here Tuesday.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post

Here, here!

I believe that Mondo is actually out to do the franchise justice with a unique take on these beloved characters... Whereas, to me, it feels like Super 7 is out to make a buck off of the die-hard fan base...
    I think the thing that I appreciate the most about Mondo's take on MOTU right now is that they are taking things to the next level and giving us something we haven't seen in Masters before. What I'm seeing with Super7's Club Grayskull output almost feels like six steps backwards... like, some- not ALL- but inarguably SOME (and it's always the females) of these are figures with wonky QC issues look like they could be found fifteen years ago at a bootleg discount dollar store, but they're commanding the exact same price tag as the Collector's Choice/Classics figures done in the same scale, put out by the same company.
    So, yeah, if I'm going to spend money on future MOTU stuff, it can't be on figures that are coming out flawed like She-Ra, Sorceress, or Teela. I'd rather hold on to the dough and put it towards somebody else's more successful venture.
    Don't get me wrong- I think Super7 has done some cool MOTU releases... I appreciate and collect a good chunk of their ReAction MOTUs, I didn't order it but think that the rug came out great, and I'm pleased with the male figures in the Collector's Choice/Classics line. It's just stuff like them not getting She-Ra, Sorceress, or Teela right is a bummer.
    Last edited by zodak74; February 28, 2019 at 11:17am.