Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Mega Construx Castle Grayskull

Quote Originally Posted by foots_mcgee View Post
    I've been wanting this since it was announced. I finally broke down and ordered one from deepdiscount for $85. My son and I look forward to building it.
    85!?! When?
    cogito ergo doleo

I figured out the gate issue! Super fun build. We just finished. My wife and son loved it. I used some clear pieces for the wind raider stand and I built some extra weapon racks, pipes, tables and a few other modifictions.

Bring on some more sets!
    BA74FF7F-4447-47BA-973E-92B3757AAFB0 by Comedian Horseman, on Flickr

5C0A0426-2DE5-44E1-B6CA-A3762EFB1DD7 by Comedian Horseman, on Flickr
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    85!?! When?
    Yeah Iím seeing it for $225 on that site. I was about to be peeved because I just paid $165 on Walmart.com.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mizterfish View Post
    Yeah Iím seeing it for $225 on that site. I was about to be peeved because I just paid $165 on Walmart.com.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It was $85 for the past few days. Just noticed it go back up today. Didn't realize it had gone back up when I posted.

Panthor at Point Dread Old Bolty-Neck's Avatar
    @horseman1981 -- Cool!!! You have some really creative stuff added in that assembly!
    Of course there are more important things than toys, cartoons, movies, comics, and so forth. That's obviously true. I assume this is an understanding shared by everyone here, and that therefore my participation in a discussion thread is not interpreted as a sign that I am lacking in the aforementioned understanding. Thank you for observing that courtesy.

My Mega Construx gallery

On facebook, a site/ad popped up and was selling this for $55 and free shipping. The pictures were all official and pic of the box. Not sure if I want to take a chance or not and buy another one for extra pieces to add on to the two we have.

Found it. Havent had anytime to research it yet.

https://www.cupiesk.com/shopping/unc...c4zTPM8dRWsmRs
    Last edited by banthafett; April 6, 2020 at 10:42am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by banthafett View Post
    On facebook, a site/ad popped up and was selling this for $55 and free shipping. The pictures were all official and pic of the box. Not sure if I want to take a chance or not and buy another one for extra pieces to add on to the two we have.

Found it. Havent had anytime to research it yet.

https://www.cupiesk.com/shopping/unc...c4zTPM8dRWsmRs
    The site wonít except my card. I knew it was too good to be true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cryanmchsi View Post
    Update I was able to order the MC Grayskull for $55. Now we will see if it actually ships.

Heroic Warrior

- - - Updated - - -

Update I was able to order the MC Grayskull for $55. Now we will see if it actually ships.
    The site looks a little fishy to me. Just clicking around on it and there were lots of issues. That and they have a Nintendo switch listed on there for 119. It would be nice if it was legit though.

Widget

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm... while doing a google search about the site I came across this - https://de-reviews.com/newspecial-zsrsome-store/

Dear lord no one is giving these sites their info are they? The one Star Wars toy site I go on just had a ton of people scammed for Poe’s x-wing. The refunds are lower than what they sent the site, some are not getting refunds and PayPal looks do be siding against customers. Plus they even said in their receipt they will use your info....selling your info to other sites.

When something is to good to be true, it usually is.

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    I figured out the gate issue! Super fun build. We just finished. My wife and son loved it. I used some clear pieces for the wind raider stand and I built some extra weapon racks, pipes, tables and a few other modifictions.

Bring on some more sets!
    https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...a0e468e7_k.jpgBA74FF7F-4447-47BA-973E-92B3757AAFB0 by Comedian Horseman, on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...3f265c34_k.jpg5C0A0426-2DE5-44E1-B6CA-A3762EFB1DD7 by Comedian Horseman, on Flickr
    Hey! How did you fix your gate issue, think Iím having the same problem.
    Til all are one, and one for all... wait, that's not right.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoGrimlock View Post
    The bottom wood pieces on the front werenít pushed all the way in, those flat prices are rough. Once I made share the pieces on the gate were tight, it stayed up just fine.

The bottom wood pieces on the front weren’t pushed all the way in, those flat prices are rough. Once I made share the pieces on the gate were tight, it stayed up just fine.

I tried securing the connection of the "wood" tiles on mine but the jawbridge would still fall down too easily. My solution was replacing the shield with an extra green half oval tile, which still looks shield-like. I think the shield and swords make the gate too front heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilJam View Post
    I tried securing the connection of the "wood" tiles on mine but the jawbridge would still fall down too easily. My solution was replacing the shield with an extra green half oval tile, which still looks shield-like. I think the shield and swords make the gate too front heavy.
    Thatís good. Glad it worked for you. At first I was leaving he-man on the tongue. His weight secured the gate. Plus it looked cool when it dropped down....when he stayed attached(about half the time).

I just twisted the door latch the other way around to get it to stick. I think the instructions were just mistaken here. With the latch handle pointing out, it can snap in-between the door's teeth and hold it closed.

20200411_153705.jpg

Widget
    Here is my solution (I did see this somewhere online but I forgot where, maybe even here). Just squeeze the bricks marked with red towards the door until you get enough friction to keep the door upright, but not too much so the opening mechanism would still work. I have no problem with the jaw bridge since I've done that.
    Jawbridge.jpg

After about a week of working on it off and on when I had the chance, Grayskull is complete! I was missing an entire bag of pieces, but fortunately, no unique parts were inside it, as I got by fine by pilfering parts from other bags. I used some of the extra pieces to add more debris around the perimeter of the castle, and touched up a few of the interior setpieces. I need to rearrange a bit to give it its own space, but here it sits in its temporary home!

When I have the chance, I need to dig through my LEGO bin to find some clear pieces so I can have the Wind Raider hovering overhead. I'm looking forward to working Roton, Battle Cat, Panthor, and the Talon Fighter into the picture later this year!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Fist View Post
    After about a week of working on it off and on when I had the chance, Grayskull is complete!
    Great figure posing! I especially like Faker on the gun and Beast Man leaning out the window.

Thanks! I tried to pose them all so that we're seeing a moment in time seconds before everything goes crazy. Skeletor about to combine both halves of the sword while He-Man frantically rushes to stop him, Stratos about to pounce on Faker, Beast Man scrambling out the window to stop He-Man from making it to Skeletor in time, the skeleton army about to swing their weapons, Scareglow about to run afoul of Teela, etc.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I finally got round to building Castle Grayskull last week (thanks to lockdown), having had it since last summer.

It was a really enjoyable (if slightly painful) experience (bricks are sharper than Lego bricks)

Absolutely having a blast playing with this thing, glad I picked up Battle Bones last year. Can't wait to buy the new forthcoming sets for 2020.

Some quick pics attached

image0.jpg
    image1.jpg
    image2.jpg
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Drunken Fist.
    Really awesome. Super jealous of the Simpsons I see there. Any pics of those?

Orkos magical hat.

Very nice. Love the battle bones. I canít justify the price for that, but he looks great.

Yes this bricks are sharp. When I assembled the roof sections, my family heard words from my lips that have never been uttered.

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Love seeing the pics of everyone's Castles. I miss mine. I've spent the past 5 weeks of isolation away from home, with family outta state, and while that has made the time pass better I miss my stuff.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Amazing photos!!
    Odd Man Out

Drunken Fist.
    Really awesome. Super jealous of the Simpsons I see there. Any pics of those?
    Sure! I had to take the Simpsons House apart a few months ago because of space issues-- I rotate out the large LEGO sets I keep displayed every so often-- so all of the minifigs are hanging out at the Kwik-E-Mart and Bart's treehouse for now. I don't wanna derail the thread with unrelated photos, so I'll just drop a link where I uploaded a couple of quick pics.

Widget
    A couple of months ago I made a little scene within my castle, I called it "Club Grayskull"
    The computer looked like a perfect DJ booth, and it all went from that

IMG_20200220_212901.jpg
    IMG_20200219_215655.jpg
    IMG_20200205_192314.jpg
    IMG_20200205_192306.jpg
    IMG_20200205_191852.jpg
    IMG_20200205_191935.jpg
    IMG_20200205_192427.jpg
    IMG_20200205_192018.jpg
    IMG_20200205_191829.jpg

Right now there is a small battle scene in-front of the Castle, on my tiny MOTU shelf
    IMG_20200331_202507.jpg
    Last edited by tottimas; April 19, 2020 at 05:49pm.