Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Mega Construx Castle Grayskull

THE OP the Matrix refused stprime's Avatar
    how do you get them to match it? do you place the order and then call to get it adjusted?
    "I invent, transform, create, and destroy for a living, and when I don't like something I change it."
    Evil, it's just sooo much easier,"til all are NONE. Destructicons, UNITE!!!!
    FEEDBACK

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by stprime View Post
    how do you get them to match it? do you place the order and then call to get it adjusted?
    I had to go to the store and show the amazon price and then they applied the 25% off. 125 total.

Heroic Warrior
    Target has marked the castle down to 154.99. If you have a target red card they are offering an extra 25% off one toy purchase until dec 7th and 5% off one transaction until dec 14th. All this on top of the 5% for the red card. Pretty good deal.

Is that online? I just ordered and there’s was no 25 percent off.

- - - Updated - - -

I wasn’t able to get the 25 but I ordered it.
    Last edited by stprime; December 7, 2019 at 08:05pm.
    "I invent, transform, create, and destroy for a living, and when I don't like something I change it."
    FEEDBACK

Heroic Warrior
    Is that online? I just ordered and there’s was no 25 percent off.

- - - Updated - - -

I wasn’t able to get the 25 but I ordered it.
    That is weird. Not sure why I had it then. Sorry for the misinformation. Glad you for it though.

Target now has 25 off 100 dollars or more. If you call them they might be able to adjust the price so you don’t have to buy it and return the other. Almost the same price with the 25% off.
    Last edited by j-manbp; December 9, 2019 at 11:18am. Reason: Update

$130.90. I wasn't skipping it. Plus I got Scareglow and Startos. AND the Wind raider for $10!
    FEEDBACK

Heroic Warrior
    Amazon and walmart have it for 130

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1

FEEDBACK

Heroic Warrior

Where did you get the two figures?

Heroic Warrior
    Grabbed scare glow and stratos from megalopolis.toys Tuesday they had the castle for 75 but sold out in seconds. Heard target and amazon got it for 130 for castle. Downfall of megalopolis is there's no option for shipping other than 2 day so it cost 15 but will be here tomorrow or today I forget. But got em for 5.99. So. Now bring on the first motu wave to America. Honeslty thought I was gonna miss out on these versions of scare glow and stratos. Glad they are finally out the way after like 8 months of waiting.

I'd register at megalopolis and keep watch on the site in case they get more in. Sucks the castle sold out in seconds that was a steal. But it would be smart to register and keep an eye onntheir site for more figures. https://megalopolis.toys/account/reg...=2802725978205

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by unclassified; December 11, 2019 at 08:57am.

i just registered.
    FEEDBACK

Heroic Warrior
    Target price matches and walmart and amazon have it up for 129.99. Stack the 25 off 100 it brings it down to 104.99. 5% off with red card will bring it down more. Not 75 dollars good but with shipping that will be about even.

Just scored Battle Bones for $60 shipped. Not too bad I suppose.

Looks like I'm going to be going to the store. That's another $25 off that I can get!
    FEEDBACK

Heroic Warrior
    My scare glow and stratos arrived. Man the four horsemen weren't lying when I think it was Eric who said he was blown away how megalopolis packed their packages. Excellent job and the cards are nice and crisp. Being forced to pay 2 day shipping blows but that's probably cause most collectors need it now.

On a group someone that was able to get a castle from megalopolis said the shipping was 15. The night before the sale stsrted I checked the shipping price in a mock up, they gave you free option or 15. I figured the free option would change but was curious on the price of shipping. So them that got it from there got it for 90. That's excellent and here months ago I was happy with the price I paid for it haha. Oh well..

This megalopolis came in my newsfeed awhile back but I never heard of em so I ignored them and didn't take them serious. Then awhile later the four horseman partnered with them to sell and handle their line and I was like that's that place I seen in my fb feed awhile back. After that I could never remember how to spell the name and kept putting in megatropolis.com lol. I wanted to check them out cause now I knew they were legit with the four horsemen back them up and working together. Then in a group the other day someone posted a pic of their sale on the castle. In the pic showed a donatello and I was like wait, that's from that scarce glow wave. So seen the address and went there real fast, sure enough there they were for 5.99. So I hopped on it and then seen the shipping and only one option and for 2 days. I almost backed out. But then I was like man I got burned last time when these were originally showing up. So I paid it. Didn't understand the shipping at that point. I should've added more to balance out the shipping.

Also, I love that they have a point system. I think it's a point for every dollar spent. After you spend so much there you can buy toys with them or put it towards a bill. I think 20 points equates to a dollar. I dig that alot. Love bbts Pol and low shipping, but a point system really makes things super cool if you biy a lot of toys. Noticed all their prices seem to be retail and not bumped up. Another plus. I foresee me and megalopolis.toys having a great relationship in the future. I only collect a few lines and so far these guys sell them. If they put up the s7 conan and other things then it makes sense to go with them. Just not sure how they work preorders if they charge now or later. Depending on that time of my life I need to think get hit early or get hit later cause I can't afford to be hit now.

Like normally I stick with s7. But now that bbts does the same exact pricing, and don't charge now and low shipping, I need to start going there with everything. And I go to dorkside for sw bs. Low shipping, retail price, can order individually within a wave. Great site. But waiting on my wedge and luke to ship. They said Nov and it's now almost my birthday and then xmas. But it's cool. I dealt with him before and had great dealings so. And I'm never in a hurry to get my things. All I care about is being locked in to a retail price and they can ship whenever lol. But if megalopolis carries the sw bs and all s7 ultimates, and retail price, it clearly makes sense for me to shop there and gain points for the future.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by unclassified; December 11, 2019 at 03:58pm.

You have to be careful with BBTS. They are my store of choice but they don't always have the exclusives. Like Hasbro Pulse made them pull certain products.

- - - Updated - - -

So I just got off the phone with Target. The customer service rep told me "We will not price match until after christmas, I think...". WHAT?!

Needless to say, I'll be speaking with a manager and if they don't give me the discount I'll return BOTH and order from Amazon Prime.

That's just ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by j-manbp View Post
    Where did you get the two figures?
    target.com
    FEEDBACK

Heroic Warrior
    You have to be careful with BBTS. They are my store of choice but they don't always have the exclusives. Like Hasbro Pulse made them pull certain products.

- - - Updated - - -

So I just got off the phone with Target. The customer service rep told me "We will not price match until after christmas, I think...". WHAT?!

Needless to say, I'll be speaking with a manager and if they don't give me the discount I'll return BOTH and order from Amazon Prime.

That's just ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

target.com
    Was it from target or a third party seller?

Target. I just drove an hour to the closest target. Spoke to the manager. I got it for $105.
    FEEDBACK

Swami of Construx Old Bolty-Neck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilJam View Post
    Didn't like the odd single center tooth so I changed that to have two front teeth without the tips for the other upper teeth.
    All of those five cone teeth on the Castle were bothering me since finishing the Castle build over the weekend, so I replaced them all with some of the extra parts.
    grayskull teeth 02.jpg
    I have shown in the picture which pieces I used -- I've identified them with snips taken from the instruction book.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DavidDraper View Post
    Question: any suggestions on how to keep the jaw bridge shut? Mine just wants to fall open all the time. I have replaced the 1x1 thin flat w/ one slanted side brown pieces on the top corners of the door with regular 1x1 thin flat brown pieces, and then just jamming the jaw bridge into the arch, and that works. (When I did it with the original pieces, at least one would pop off when I pushed it into the arch.) Any suggestions that you have for keeping the bridge up without having pieces snap off is appreciated! Thanks.

David
    I affixed a figure (He-Man) by at least one of his feet to the "tongue" of the jawbridge. That served to give enough counter-weight pulling the door inward. Then you have a dramatic/surprise reveal when Skeletor uses the power sword to open the door.
    My fan interests include: Classic Horror • Star Trek • DC Comics primarily Superman • Marx Brothers • Muppets • MOTU • Whose Line? • trance music • I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue • the historical sharpshooter Annie Oakley • fonts with kerning • bottom-posting
    My Mega Construx gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Old Bolty-Neck View Post
    All of those five cone teeth on the Castle were bothering me since finishing the Castle build over the weekend, so I replaced them all with some of the extra parts.
    grayskull teeth 02.jpg
    I have shown in the picture which pieces I used -- I've identified them with snips taken from the instruction book.

- - - Updated - - -

I affixed a figure (He-Man) by at least one of his feet to the "tongue" of the jawbridge. That served to give enough counter-weight pulling the door inward. Then you have a dramatic/surprise reveal when Skeletor uses the power sword to open the door.
    Cool idea!

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Cool idea!
    Yeah, this is well done thanks!

grayskull teeth 02.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

That looks great. I might borrow that design.

The castle needed a nose job in my opinion, so I found another way to frame the nasal cavity. I also had some InstaMorph sitting around and made a quick-n-ugly Spirit to go with the Castle. Y'know, a la "King of Castle Grayskull" and such.

redone-nose-01.JPG
    redone-nose-02.JPG
    spirit-atop-tower-01.JPG
    spirit-beside-castle.JPG
    spirit-beside-wind-raider.JPG
    My fan interests include: Classic Horror • Star Trek • DC Comics primarily Superman • Marx Brothers • Muppets • MOTU • Whose Line? • trance music • I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue • the historical sharpshooter Annie Oakley • fonts with kerning • bottom-posting
    My Mega Construx gallery

Widget
    So I’m just curious I got this for Christmas and I have been building and it’s a blast but there is one piece for the life of me I cannot why it came with it. it’s a spring. Has anyone used it specifically for anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You'll want to use that part in Step 462. The purpose of it is to keep the elevator car flush against its rail as you slide it up and down. In the instructions, it's understandable that the part doesn't look spring-like and is thus less recognizable -- they have drawn it with the spring in coiled position (the two red ends pushed close together), but that's the part you use at that step.
    My Mega Construx gallery

Widget

Mega Construx Castle Grayskull

You'll want to use that part in Step 462. The purpose of it is to keep the elevator car flush against its rail as you slide it up and down. In the instructions, it's understandable that the part doesn't look spring-like and is thus less recognizable -- they have drawn it with the spring in coiled position (the two red ends pushed close together), but that's the part you use at that step.
    Hey thanks just thumbed through the instructions at first and didn’t notice it so much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro