Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Mega Construx Castle Grayskull

Virginia, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyjoe View Post
    I caved recently and paid 450$AUD for this through amazon. They sent it internationally with no box or packing materials whatsoever and stickers and tape all over the retail box. Not happy. Do I have any recourse with amazon or am I stuck with this?
    In the states there are forms on site where you can complain about this stuff. You can also give him a poor rating for the feedback if you haven't already. I got mine from GameStop during that sale window, mine had the brown mailer and it was in another box with bubble wrap on top of that.

Separately, I would go over every bag and box and make sure they didn't send you an incomplete set. There is a parts list in the back of the instructions that should help. Be sure you didn't get someone's leftovers they used for parts scavenging.
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties and comics. My YouTube Channel titled: Feb Mon
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCr-M2kh33ALM2nEzcKZKNKQ

Mostly Playlists & used for commenting on videos. Still, Check it out if you have time.

Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    Good to hear because this is what I did and I'm still waiting for some sort of response. It's only been 4 days though.

- - - Updated - - -

From a private, 3rd party seller? CG has a brown distribution box that snuggly fits the gorgeous retail box inside. Yours shoulda been shipped in this from any reasonable seller. It's how mine came from Game Stop
    from amazon llc, I don't think thats a private seller, and no brown mailer box

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by griffen112182 View Post
    In the states there are forms on site where you can complain about this stuff. You can also give him a poor rating for the feedback if you haven't already. I got mine from GameStop during that sale window, mine had the brown mailer and it was in another box with bubble wrap on top of that.

Separately, I would go over every bag and box and make sure they didn't send you an incomplete set. There is a parts list in the back of the instructions that should help. Be sure you didn't get someone's leftovers they used for parts scavenging.
    Thanks mate, I have opened it up and none of the 4 boxes inside appear to have been opened so should all be in there

Quote Originally Posted by Old Bolty-Neck View Post
    I used their web form when there was a part missing in a set. The part simply showed up in my mailbox after a reasonable turnaround time.
    https://support.megabrands.com/en/cu...ce/webform.php
    Contact Mega Construx via email and take pics of the instructions to show what you are missing. The parts list should have what you need and include the parts numbers as well. Also include as much contact info as you feel comfortable with In case you want to talk to a CS rep directly at some point.
    I used the web form as well...no response yet but it's only been a couple of days. The only part # I could use was for the whole figure, not just a hand, so I wasn't sure how they would...handle () that.

But I will definitely contact them further if nothing comes of it (in a reasonable amount of time).

I got mine together. I love this set. I can’t wait to get more. No missing pieces in mine.
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    MY pieces are tough and tight. I'm more accustomed to building LEGO sets with my daughters... CG pieces snap together more rigid. I don't fear them falling apart nor did I have any stress issues with the plastics.

Side note: just requested my 2 missing pieces thru their website.
    My replacement pieces arrived on Saturday!
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Quote Originally Posted by ersatz.kate View Post
    I used the web form as well...no response yet but it's only been a couple of days. The only part # I could use was for the whole figure, not just a hand, so I wasn't sure how they would...handle () that.

But I will definitely contact them further if nothing comes of it (in a reasonable amount of time).
    Any progress on your figure replacement? Or can they do just the hand? Any contact from Mattel/MCX at all?

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties and comics. My YouTube Channel titled: Feb Mon

Mostly Playlists & used for commenting on videos. Still, Check it out if you have time.

Any progress on your figure replacement? Or can they do just the hand? Any contact from Mattel/MCX at all?
    They sent a survey asking about my experience with their service...but that's it...

I've been really busy and kind of forgot, otherwise I would have tried calling and speaking with someone. We'll see! I tend to be (overly) patient with things like this...but I'll probably try and speak to someone next week.

Quote Originally Posted by soundwavempl View Post
    So far just online but I think it has been spotted at Thinkgeek or Gamestop stores in the US.
    I saw a couple here in TN. We are near a Huge distribution hub so that may be why.

I LOVE this set. I made a few cosmetic changes so that the teeth don't swing out sideways etc and lay more natural.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Widget
    I’ve been planning / designing a platform-diarama to display my CG. I’m going to embed some LEGO blocks in the surrounding platform. I’m going to be fiberglassing the whole thing and hand airbrushing it. What I can’t decide on is, should I design it for CG to be open or closed? I may try to design it to be displayed either way.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by 829racer View Post
    Iíve been planning / designing a platform-diarama to display my CG. Iím going to embed some LEGO blocks in the surrounding platform. Iím going to be fiberglassing the whole thing and hand airbrushing it. What I canít decide on is, should I design it for CG to be open or closed? I may try to design it to be displayed either way.

Thoughts?
    It probably is best if you can display it open, closed, and with the inside facing out so you can see the different floors. Maybe a "lazy Susan" under your display platform could give you some more options?

Has anyone tried contacting Wal-Mart through some form of social media?

We aren't getting much from Mattel/MCX and Wal-Mart is the other side of the equation. I am glad Pixal Dan will be trying to get a statement from Mattel at Power-Con. Hope he can clear up this issue.

I forgot to call for an update but... my replacement He-Man arrived! Just got my mail and was confused about what it was until I saw the label.

So... I'm impressed. It took a little while but they sent out a whole new figure... with both hands and everything!

Quote Originally Posted by ersatz.kate View Post
    I forgot to call for an update but... my replacement He-Man arrived! Just got my mail and was confused about what it was until I saw the label.

So... I'm impressed. It took a little while but they sent out a whole new figure... with both hands and everything!
    That's awesome news. I heard they stood behind their products, and it's good to see proof of that!
    Last edited by Green Goddess; August 21, 2019 at 08:58pm. Reason: Autocorrect hates me!
    I am the Green Goddess!
    https://amzn.to/2N420aD

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goddess View Post
    That's awesome news. I heard they stood behind their products, and it's good to see proof of that!
    Right?! I was really pleased to see it.

Now I just want them to let me buy their other stuff! Scare Glow where are you?!

Finally got the money to buy this and there’s no Canadian retailers selling for msrp anymore, all sold out

Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy_j View Post
    Finally got the money to buy this and thereís no Canadian retailers selling for msrp anymore, all sold out
    Really??

Well, damn! Hopefully there will be a restock for you at some point. I would add it to my cart on Amazon (from whatever third-party seller), "save it for later" and then keep checking to see if it comes back.

Heroic Warrior
    Amazon and Walmart have it for 174.99 right now. Might have to pick it up at this price.

Quote Originally Posted by j-manbp View Post
    Amazon and Walmart have it for 174.99 right now. Might have to pick it up at this price.
    I just ordered from Amazon after assembling the Battle Bones. I’m ready for a challenge and I love these things!
    Snake Mountain, FINALLY!!!

Adora and I don't have a lot of free time to work on it, but when we get a chance to, we have a blast!

Quote Originally Posted by j-manbp View Post
    Thank you for sharing this! I ordered it with free next day shipping at https://amzn.to/2NI4KuF and confirmed it is not a 3rd party seller but Amazon directly for 30% off!
    I am the Green Goddess!

Widget
    Heres my little display set up. Trying to create a mini eternia with my middle son. I'm in the process of buying alot more foliage legos and a clear flight stand for the wind raider. I love how I can finally use my Cat stone statue for the land of the big cats that I'll br creating.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goddess View Post
    Thank you for sharing this! I ordered it with free next day shipping at https://amzn.to/2NI4KuF and confirmed it is not a 3rd party seller but Amazon directly for 30% off!
    So now the price went back up to $222. I hope everyone got one while the going was good!
    I am the Green Goddess!

Canadian PSA -

Castle Grayskull is in stock on Amazon... and 8% off...

Amazon Warehouse Deals has an extra 20% off the already low prices on some "used-very good" and "used-like new" condition Mega Construx Castle Grayskull sets:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...condition=used

It brings the prices down under $150 before tax. Better get them quick because there might only be a handful of these available.

Heroic Warrior
    Amazon and walmart have it listed as 166.99. If you have the target 25% off one toy item it applies to the Castle. You just have to get it price matched to the 166 get the 25% off and 5% off with the red card which brings it to 118 or so before taxes. Had to buy it at this price.