Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega Construx Castle Grayskull

250.... hmmm maybe yes, but I want see the skull design before.

<3

Quote Originally Posted by Old Bolty-Neck View Post
    Now, the whole point of building sets is that it's up to you to build it. What if you don't follow the instructions and decide instead to make a four-walled castle with any interior or exterior characteristic you want to give it? Given that you have the pieces on hand of course, more power to you, it's not like the Toy Gods will banish you to Despondos for not sticking to the intended build. If there's any toy form factor where you have the maximum freedom to make the toy your dream version, no matter how much that dream version differs from the picture on the box, this is that form factor. This is your chance. Mattel/Mega has to pick SOMETHING as the intended build, though, and I think they made the right choice by approximating the vintage and MOTUC look.
    This exactly. The whole fun of building sets like this is customizing and putting one's own spin on it! Space and spare parts allowing, we can build whatever Grayskull we want!

Not that anyone is saying it is over priced, but I just want to add to the conversation on the price, LEGO charges roughly 10 cents per brick. Give or take. and as has been stated other mega Construx sets like the star trek and tmnt sets having equally as large a brick count also ran $250. Finally, to compare it directly to lego, the death star with 4016 pieces is $499. A new large set from the new lego movie has 3178 pieces and is $299

I am a little underwhelmed by the thing being a direct MoTUC transfer to bricks, but it is what it is. Its a nice piece, and one I want, tho may not buy.... $250 is a big price tag in general, but as said, its not over priced as compared to other brick build sets. In general brick built items have been running more expensive in recent years not just due to plastic prices rising but the demand, LEGOs in specific have become super popular among multiple crowds and that has been setting the price for their competitors. I hope this does well. I would love to see a brick built snake mountain and slime pit, but alas this may also be where I am out on this line. Between having trouble finding the figures in store and this price tag, I'm not sure I can continue collecting this AND classics/grayskull, in fact I know I can't. It saddens me, as this is awesome, but it is what it is at this point. I also dislike ordering anything from gamestop in general, so I would want to get this from another retailer.
    It always takes me 10 minutes to figure out how to edit this signature

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

Are they really expecting people to preorder this without one picture of the front of the castle?

250$ blind bag at the moment.

Heroic Warrior
    Yes ... the magic of bricks is that you can build whichever shaped castle you want, but as any Lego collector will tell you, you won’t be able to build a decent castle with four sides without buying at least two of these. So make it half a grand for the Castle G of your dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    This! We need that suit!! And the weapons rack!! King Grayskull could be an expansion character set.
    I love King Grayskull, so I'm really hoping he is offered single carded down the road. I admit I'm a little surprised that that armored suit isn't included. It seems like that would have been easy-peasy.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; February 12, 2019 at 03:17pm.
    Odd Man Out

I absolutely love it. It is better than I could have expected and a total surprise. It is probably a fair price, as I am familiar with similar Lego set pricing (as others have commented).

I also want to see just exactly how skelly n he man look. Since they call green goddess n red beastman just teela and beastman. Could be any repaint version

As to price though, even if is fair, just too much. I will definitely get it when I can but I am also keeping an eye on it and waiting for either bbts, non-gamestop, or marked down elsewhere after a while.

Now I just have to find the wind raider n figs in-store, if I can.

This is really cool, but I think I will have to pass. I need to spend my extra money and use my extra space for the classics Snake Mountain.

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Bolty-Neck View Post
    Now, the whole point of building sets is that it's up to you to build it. What if you don't follow the instructions and decide instead to make a four-walled castle with any interior or exterior characteristic you want to give it? Given that you have the pieces on hand of course, more power to you, it's not like the Toy Gods will banish you to Despondos for not sticking to the intended build. If there's any toy form factor where you have the maximum freedom to make the toy your dream version, no matter how much that dream version differs from the picture on the box, this is that form factor. This is your chance. Mattel/Mega has to pick SOMETHING as the intended build, though, and I think they made the right choice by approximating the vintage and MOTUC look.
    The key being having the needed pieces on hand. Given the look and color, etc, odds are someone would have to buy a second castle just to have enough pieces to do that.

I'm not necessarily disappointed in the design as-is, but it does seem like a missed opportunity in some respects. It would have been nice if they tried to give the Sorceress her Filmation thrown or something like that.

Still, I plan to get this.

Quote Originally Posted by Soothe777 View Post
    Are they really expecting people to preorder this without one picture of the front of the castle?

250$ blind bag at the moment.
    Yup, that's it. The front will never be revealed until you get it in hand. Doubt they have it up at Toyfair this weekend or anything.
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

This is awesome. I really love the figure selection. Wish we also go the space suite.
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

How tall is this likely to be?

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Looks like the interior two levels is about 20 or 21 bricks tall. Not counting the "attic" or handle. Assuming the render is accurate.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Jeeze and I was was cringing at Lego Voltron.
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Heroic Warrior
    I feel like I'm getting priced out.

Quote Originally Posted by Yin Chan Vo View Post
    I feel like I'm getting priced out.
    All large sets like this are hundreds of dollars. The ghostbusters fire house from LEGO was $350.00. I never bought it,cool as it was it was just to much. That doesn’t mean I don’t love my Ecto-1 with figures. What I’m saying is you can still buy the small sets and figures with out having the castle.

Another thought, not that I advocate for waiting.....but every Mattel construct set has been on discount at some point. Now that was also with toysrus around. But there is always waiting.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I did an estimate (if the rendering is accurate) of about 8-1/2". Pretty small in height.

This is such a masterpiece. Totally worth the price!

very cool they added extra characters such as green goddess and sorceress.

oh! Man now I can only dream for the entire 80s toy line re-done in this scale , please just do more vehicles, playsets!! (unlikiley we'll fnish up them all in motuc)
    what a nostalgia trip!
    Last edited by Triklops 1; February 13, 2019 at 06:27pm.
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "LET THE POWER RETURNS....!"

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    I did an estimate (if the rendering is accurate) of about 8-1/2". Pretty small in height.
    I am no master with a protractor, but I think your estimate is largely askew. Baileyrecords estimate is probably closer.

Mega Construx Castle Grayskull Pre-Order

So I saw this when the link started making its rounds and I figured GameStop jumped the gun and posted it early. I think itís obvious these are placeholder drawings and not the final images used to sell the thing. Still, I have reservations.

The price comparisons to Lego donít ease my sticker shock. Mega Construx ainít Lego. I had designs on buying two and either building it double-sized or building a back, but dang it, Iíve got a 401k to contribute to.

Yep, itís a building set, which means that you are free to do whatever you want, but still I had hoped to see something unique and interesting. Not just another form of something I already spent $250 on.

All in all I am whelmed.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    So I saw this when the link started making its rounds and I figured GameStop jumped the gun and posted it early. I think it’s obvious these are placeholder drawings and not the final images used to sell the thing. Still, I have reservations.

The price comparisons to Lego don’t ease my sticker shock. Mega Construx ain’t Lego. I had designs on buying two and either building it double-sized or building a back, but dang it, I’ve got a 401k to contribute to.

Yep, it’s a building set, which means that you are free to do whatever you want, but still I had hoped to see something unique and interesting. Not just another form of something I already spent $250 on

I feel EXACTLY the same.
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

The Mega Construx Technodrome set was $300 upon initial release, so the $250 price tag for something similar in size, and likely made in lower quantities, is not surprising at all to me.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Master of Disasters MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Is this going to be sold strictly at Game Stop, or do you all think other stores like BBTS will eventually list it for pre-order?
    MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Filmation Buzz-Off, Filmation Sy-Klone, Ice Armor He-Man

Heroic Warrior
    I am thinking of getting rid of my Classics collection and going all in on the mega construx
    Most Wanted:

Snake Mountain and Eternia Playsets!

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    I am no master with a protractor, but I think your estimate is largely askew. Baileyrecords estimate is probably closer.
    Just going off of the rendering it appears that the levels are roughly 10 "double-height" bricks high. I believe those bricks are around 1/4"-5/16". (Again, I could be wrong as we don't know if the rendering is accurate and I'm just guessing on the height of a double-height brick.

What was his estimate? I just saw him say how many bricks per level.
    Last edited by WDWFreak53; February 14, 2019 at 10:48am.