Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega Construx Castle Grayskull

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    Actually yes...the 12" Bubble Power She-Ra figure.
    I didn't see that. Was that the only thing? I was hoping to see some of the stuff they had at last year's PowerCon, and that Mega Construx Grayskull.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I've never even heard of Paulmartstore. Are they a trustworthy site to buy from?
    Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    I've never heard of them either. And they are giving a June 2019 release date.
    I ordered several times from them (intl. Customer) and everything went absolutely smooth!

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmonster31 View Post
    Follow the link. 3rd Picture bottom right behind the Sorceress...
    Thanks!

(Now I'm wondering how I managed to miss it!)
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

Master of Disasters MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Iím surprised BBTS hasnít listed it for Pre-Order yet.
    MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Filmation Buzz-Off, Filmation Sy-Klone, Ice Armor He-Man

It's up for pre-order on Entertainment Earth now, estimated release June 2019, $249.

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/p...layset/mtggj67
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

MC-CastleGrayskull-box.jpeg

The piece count dropped a bit from "over 3,600" down to 3,508.

When the TMNT Technodrome came out it was also $250. I waited until it went on sale ($100 off) at TRU and then they allowed me to use a bunch of rewards checks on it. I got the price down to almost $100. My only pet peeve with Megablox is that they threw the 3,000 pieces into the box basically unlabeled. It took my hubby days to sort them out before he and my son could even start to build. I hope they do not do that with Grayskull.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I’m surprised BBTS hasn’t listed it for Pre-Order yet.
    I ordered a book from them (pre-order) for my hubby TWO Christmases ago. I just got the book in the mail two or three weeks ago - LOL! I am kind of terrified of their 'pre-orders' now.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

Some recent Pokemon sets have had numbered bags like Lego, they could do the same with CG. It looks like there are some types of bricks that are used a lot, so much of it could be organized as bags full of each piece that is used repeatedly in the build and a few bags of more unique parts.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilJam View Post
    Some recent Pokemon sets have had numbered bags like Lego, they could do the same with CG. It looks like there are some types of bricks that are used a lot, so much of it could be organized as bags full of each piece that is used repeatedly in the build and a few bags of more unique parts.
    Maybe ours was a fluke, but there were no numbers on the bags. Just three big bags of bricks.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    From what I've read the TOS Enterprise did not have marked bags either (I have one, but haven't built it yet). I saw a lot of comments saying that LEGO has some sort of patent on how they mark their bags when I was reading up on the Mega Bloks/Construx Enterprise; I don't know how accurate that is, but it could explain why MC hasn't yet had marked bags.

Court Magician
    That CG looks sooo nice. Hope, that the price drops below the 200$ mark in order to make it affordable for shipping it to Europe. So, based on the actual pictures: do you think that the castle will be foldable?

Btw.: to what "Astronaut figure" or "Astronaut suit" are some of you referring to?

Not to yuck on anyones yum, but I can't see this selling well, even to the hard core fans. It's basically yet another redo in brick format of the classics castle greyskull. Nothing new or note worthy about it, plus comes at a time when Snake Mountain is up for pre-order for 600+.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    Maybe ours was a fluke, but there were no numbers on the bags. Just three big bags of bricks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
    From what I've read the TOS Enterprise did not have marked bags either (I have one, but haven't built it yet). I saw a lot of comments saying that LEGO has some sort of patent on how they mark their bags when I was reading up on the Mega Bloks/Construx Enterprise; I don't know how accurate that is, but it could explain why MC hasn't yet had marked bags.

Mega just started doing the numbered bags in some (not all) sets this past year. Lapras and Mew vs Mewtwo from the Pokemon series both had numbered bags like Lego does. The volcano set may have had numbered bags, but can't certinly recall if it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Orko Within View Post
    That CG looks sooo nice. Hope, that the price drops below the 200$ mark in order to make it affordable for shipping it to Europe. So, based on the actual pictures: do you think that the castle will be foldable?

Btw.: to what "Astronaut figure" or "Astronaut suit" are some of you referring to?

The castle does appear to have hinges on the corner between the front and side portions. You can also see an open space in the wall above the prison cell so the middle platform can go into that when closed.
    I think the price will drop some in the future. I'll hold off on buying a second one until then, but may not be able to resist buying one at full price. The second set will be used as parts to build additions.

The Astronaut suit was a cardboard cutout from the original Castle Grayskull seen here.
    I was also hoping that was going to be another actual figure with the Mega CG instead of just printed bricks or stickers.

Anyone faces same issues due to geo-blocking: I cannot access the link to preorder out of Switzerland... :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Silverhawk View Post
    Anyone faces same issues due to geo-blocking: I cannot access the link to preorder out of Switzerland... :-(
    Jep, the same in Germany. Had to use a VPN tool!

---- Edit ----
    Got an Email from GameStop, why they geoblock european Customer now - I ordered several times from the in the past without problems - this is the answer:

Hello,
    We apologize for the frustration this may have caused.
    Due to recent international regulations, we are unable to create orders for guests in European countries. Please visit http://www.gamestop.eu/ if you wish to place an online order.
    If you require any additional assistance, please feel free to reply to this email, and we will be more than happy to assist you.
    Regards,
    Aline, S. C104483.
    GameStop Guest Care.
    Last edited by Harbi; February 24, 2019 at 10:19am.

Thanks Harbi!

Master of Disasters MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I’m surprised BBTS hasn’t listed it for Pre-Order yet.
    Good news. BBTS just put up the Mega Construx Wind Raider Attack and Heroes Battle for Eternia 5-pack for Pre-Order. I suppose within the next few days they will hopefully post Castle Grayskull for Pre-Order.
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; March 5, 2019 at 06:18pm.
    MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Filmation Buzz-Off, Filmation Sy-Klone, Ice Armor He-Man

Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

Quote Originally Posted by Greenskull View Post
    Well, if BBTS is $240 then what is the actual retail price? $250 was a little high in my opinion but knocking it down to $225 is a little more palatable.

Guys, guys.. (and girls) youíre forgetting the most important part!

Where can I get my hands on this in EUROPE!? 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Razzerian View Post
    Guys, guys.. (and girls) you’re forgetting the most important part!

Where can I get my hands on this in EUROPE!? ��
    You can order from Entertainment Earth, which is what I'm probably going to do ... though I expect it'll attract a fair whack of customs duty... I think BBTS deliver to Europe too.

Yes... I’m not eager to pay €100 in customs so I’m really hoping there will be Europe based sellers carrying this! I’ve ordered from BBTS once before and I ended up paying 109 euros on import on top of the 365 dollars I had paid for the item + shipping (shipping was 65 bucks).

So if I order ot there I’d be paying €380-400 probably, no thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Razzerian View Post
    Yes... I’m not eager to pay €100 in customs so I’m really hoping there will be Europe based sellers carrying this! I’ve ordered from BBTS once before and I ended up paying 109 euros on import on top of the 365 dollars I had paid for the item + shipping (shipping was 65 bucks).

So if I order ot there I’d be paying €380-400 probably, no thank you!
    I really hope so too, but I can't say I'm optimistic!

Think I will preorder through bbts.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Court Magician
    Why do we have to wait like 1 year in between each He-Man mega construx piece! This is killing me lol. I just got the wind raider and i want this thing now! The pic of the front of it just sold me bad!

So hoping Mattel will dive deep into some He-Man Mega Construx stuff as the movie gears. Just was looking at all the toys they had - would be so awesome to have Eternia, or Battle Cat version of this. w/ Lego so big in the market right now, Mattel needs to expand this side of their toys.