Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Toyfair Reveals + News

Regarding Karg, if youíre honest with yourself about this fandom, you know that if they wouldnít have made this version weíd have a 30-page thread about now we have movie figures and the Karg we have is in the wrong color and Super 7 has kiled teh movey lein.

Interesting that the movie wave is being called the "William Stout Collection." So the production designer from the movie ended up with the rights to the designs? Seems odd, but fair. Maybe him giving the license meant that there could be no other figures in the wave? He seems like a very proud person judging by interviews.

I do find the comments on here entertaining and not the least bit surprising. Everyone wants something based on their own preference without any understanding of business or economics. I'm sure Super7 worked hard for the license to produce the movie figures - a feat that Mattel was never able to accomplish. It makes complete sense that they would immediately capitalize off the license and include repaints to offset the high costs of new tooling. Very shortly, there will be posts complaining about PowerCon repaints. I want Lady Slither and some more NA and POP too, but I also recognize that there're hundreds of options out there, and everything can't come at once. The "waiting and finally getting" is part of the excitement of collecting for me. I've been waiting for these figures since 1987, and they look great! Looking forward to Evil Lyn and the Trooper. Good job Super7!

Court Magician
    I'm super hyped for the movie figures and the new reaction figures!

Hopefully there's more to come. The only MotU and PoP thing in this video is She-Ra and He-Man on that backdrop.

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I think they executed these movie figures brilliantly, but I'm probably going to be skipping this wave (a first for Classics for me).
    What I am getting fatigued on in regards to Masters is, everything Super7 is cranking out is feeling like it's variants at this point. I miss getting unique characters "first time in this style and scale" type of action figures.
    This is sort of like what happened with the 200X toy line. I was left wanting new characters and the dirge of variants eventually clogged the pegs at brick and mortar and contributed to killing the line prematurely. I know the model of producing and selling these figures is quite different now, but lately the reveals from Super7 have me going "Yeah, these are cool, but I already have a different version of this same character... so..."
    Also the track record lately of the finished product coming out less than stellar dampens my excitement each time.
    Getting a Karg variant so soon seems a bit much. It's a repaint with the hook the original prototype was shown with and he looks good, but I just don't need two Kargs.

I do like the ReAction figures being shown and might get that whole set.
    Last edited by zodak74; February 16, 2019 at 11:38am.

Okay; "Langellator" (you know what I mean) and especially "(God-like) Langellator" have my attention.

The promise of more info on "Snake Mountain" come May or so definitely HOLDS my attention...

Heroic Warrior
    Well, I know there was demand for these, but I'm not thrilled that the whole wave is nothing but movie figures, including two versions of the same character, and another that's just a redeco of a figure that was just released. They do look very nice, but the complete lack of NA, mini-comic, 200x, etc is a bummer.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Whew! I was afraid these reveals were going to cause me to second guess my previous decision to bail on MOTUC. Nope, I can see I made the right choice.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I didn't state anything as fact i'm going by what is shown so don't assume what I was saying please?
    Not trying to cause an argument here, but you said twice that it was coming with the hook shown, not that it looks like it is. I was only pointing out that the prototype of the last version showed that hook and we didnít get it in the end.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm excited for these reveals today, never really cared for the movie but the figures in display look phenomenal! The likeness in the characters is amazing to me, I might just have to order me a set.

The other reveals so far are out of left field, a MOTU styled Toxic Avenger figure, yes please. Hope Super 7 will release a movie inspired Toxie, would be awesome. My only issue is with the movie He-Man is I hope the face is painted as to not have any unsightly gloss on them. Looking forward to the pre-orders!

Can't believe we're getting a movie He-Man (and Skeletor)!

Now why Karg has been chosen to be redone after one other Super7 rather than more charismatic characters I wonder...

On another note, it's funny to think they started as toys, brought to the silver screen, and now back to toys... (And Dolph Lundgren is like an action figure himself haha)
    Upcoming book THE PUNISHER: THE UNTOLD STORY OF AN 80s CULT CLASSIC
    www.twitter.com/punisher_book
    www.instagram.com/punisher_book
    www.facebook.com/ThePunisher.FilmBook

I love them. The biggest surprise though... first time my wife has said all of those are really cool, you should get them.....

I'll grab a Toxie figure, maybe a Voltron but I can easily skip the movie figures. I'd like to see what their designs for the Turtles are going to look like though.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    They do look very nice, but the complete lack of NA, mini-comic, 200x, etc is a bummer.
    I'm hoping NA fans get something this year. If Power-Con 2019 is partly showcasing the anniversary of the NA series and there's not something toy-wise to coincide with that, it's a missed opportunity. And it feels like we only get one wave of Classics per year and if this William Stout four figure wave is all there is... while Club Grayskull Wave Three has six figures... and yeah, I know there's Snake Mountain coming- but let's face it, not everybody is going in for that $500+ playset.

Heroic Warrior
    The movie figures look fantastic! No doubt having Karg as a repaint allowed for the new tooling for the other three. Hopefully none of them end up having Toxic Crusader face…
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Regarding Karg, if you’re honest with yourself about this fandom, you know that if they wouldn’t have made this version we’d have a 30-page thread about now we have movie figures and the Karg we have is in the wrong color and Super 7 has kiled teh movey lein.
    Hahahahah, so true...
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    Even though itís na anniversary, super7 has given us all variants and on top of that a crossover instead of new figures from the mythos. If that isnít a kick below the belt I donít know what it. Sooo disappointed in their choice of characters, and on top of that they choose to make a non heman character in a MOTUC line. What an udder waste of a slot. I wait two years to get new figures and the closet thing I get is a semi decent version of kittrina. For a collector like me, what do I have to look forward to, barely any news all year then this. Real weak. And they decide to only do 4 where cg gets 6. If they at least gave us Skeletorís troopers it would have been something worth while getting. Weak weak weak.
    We don't know 100% for certain that more reveals aren't coming or that Power Con won't have something new. It's possible (though perhaps not likely) this may be a separate line from MOTUC using the same buck, as the movie figures don't really fit the appearance of MOTUC...we'll see, I suppose.

However, the people bemoaning the lack of figures from MOTU history seem to be forgetting that a crap ton of resources have gone in to making Snake Mountain a viable option, which is likely WHY we haven't had much in the way of CC news. Another fan requested item that Mattel didn't end up delivering on despite making the proto.

Also, given how many YEARS people have been clamoring for movie figures (something Mattel never did or cared to do, whichever it is), and Super7 managed to get the license is a win.

Yeah, they're not everyone's cup of tea, but consider this; What if the movie rights and sculpts came first and the Karg we got was for the people who wanted mini-comics Karg and NOT the movie version? It may not be coincidence we got him when we did in the colors that we did. I think he's one of those characters for whom there is a justifiable reason why they'd make a second version, given the distinct look between the two, similar to Beast Man and Evil Lyn's movie and toy counterparts.

Now, if they make a Blade or a Saurod figure, I WOULD consider that a wasted slot, given the MOTUC version were so spot on to their movie counterparts, especially Blade.

I may or may not get them, as I don't really feel like I *NEED* another He-Man/Skeletor variant, but I'd be lying if I said they didn't look cool.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    I am happy with these reveals. Conan Toxie and Voltron are cool ideas and make me hopeful for other properties in the future. I think this was great. I mean, of course I want mini-comic and other characters more, but I will still buy these and not complain. They look great and check a few more boxes. S& delivered what Mattel couldn;t in 30 years...I would say that is impressive.
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

The movie figures look really good but I'm disappointed the whole wave is movie figures. I wish it was a 6-figure wave like CG and we'd got say Colonel Blast and Lizzor along with these movie figures.
    Super7 please, please paint all the flesh parts of this He-Man including his face. I really don't want him to turn out super shiny.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Regarding Karg, if you’re honest with yourself about this fandom, you know that if they wouldn’t have made this version we’d have a 30-page thread about now we have movie figures and the Karg we have is in the wrong color and Super 7 has kiled teh movey lein.
    I'm still offended that Super7 didn't also show the 1988 minicomics version of Detective Lubic who appeared in panel 3, page 7 of the promotional minicomic included as Fruit Brute cereal pack in only in Lithuania. Why is Super7 so disrespectful to their fans?
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Mod Note:

Seriously guys, everyone is entitled to their opinions.
    Stick to the toys and stop with the personal attacks on both sides. It's called respecting the opinions of others. There is no reason to call anyone out for an opinion you may not agree with. Move on or use your ignore feature. We are all adults here, please remember that. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Soothe777 View Post
    Then, to your point, shouldnít the wave had been Lady a Slither, Movie Skeletor, Hunga, and a 2-pack if the Masks of Power Demons?

I try not to complain too much, but as a NA fan I'm a bit miffed at the lack of representation this year so far. It's the anniversary of the line, the Power Con logo is based on NA, and we haven't seen anything. I'm hoping for some NA figures from Power Con, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinobot View Post
    I try not to complain too much, but as a NA fan I'm a bit miffed at the lack of representation this year so far. It's the anniversary of the line, the Power Con logo is based on NA, and we haven't seen anything. I'm hoping for some NA figures from Power Con, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
    If Power-Con is offering nothing but repaints with maybe some soft goods as their exclusives, I'm not thinking that New Adventures fits this mold (no pun intended). I can't think of any existing NA Classics figures that would warrant a repaint.