Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: After the William Stout Collection...what┤s next?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    I really like the idea of a movie line…but what about 80s fantasy/sci-fi movies in general and not just Cannon Pictures? We're already getting the Stout wave and the Arnold Conan movie figures…Red Sonja would be a logical add on. They could continue to build on that. In addition to your other character suggestions I think Beastmaster would be good for this as well…
    Yeah. It’s just like... Mattel seems to be letting Reaction continue.

I think Super7 can probably even get Mattel cooperation easier if the branding is different.

I don’t mean the “unofficial” Ultimates/Classics multifranchise line they have going.

But if the LINE was something like “Ultimate 80s Cartoon Classics” as the big logo and MOTU was in the small print as “Masters of the Universe (TM) Ram Man”, I really do think Mattel would play nicer with that.

Super 7 is producing "adult collectable" figures, where as Mattel is making toys, meant to be played with. I think this is the reason Super 7 is able to continue to acquire licenses for these properties, as well as the superb skill of the Four Horsemen. Even MOTUC was a "collectors" line. I don't think Mattel is interested in making adult, high end, or higher priced highly detailed product.
    Mattel is interested in making mass produced toys for a younger generation.

About the only thing Mattel made a high end collectable was Barbie.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I don't think mattel would like the use of the word classics for William stout. It honestly should just be called The William stout Collection.
    Call it "The William Stout Jamboree" for all I care! Just bring it so I can buy it and add it to my collection!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

William Stout has a number of incredible designs for many different projects...

I wouldn't mind if Teela, Duncan and Evil-Lyn found their way into a series of figures based on his overall portfolio.

His characters/monsters would fit right in to a world like MOTU.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Just my personal opinion.

If some MOTU Classics characters finds it difficult to appeal to even current Classics collector even with the MOTU branding, I doubt there will be enough pre orders to justify another William Stout Collection in case it is considered to be produced without MOTU branding and generic name.

I think if MAA, Teela, SheRa, Sorceress and whoever Mr.Stout designed for the movie will be considered to be made, it will need the MOTU branding to be feasible.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post

If some MOTU Classics characters finds it difficult to appeal to even current Classics collector even with the MOTU branding, I doubt there will be enough pre orders to justify another William Stout Collection in case it is considered to be produced without MOTU branding and generic name.

I think if MAA, Teela, SheRa, Sorceress and whoever Mr.Stout designed for the movie will be considered to be made, it will need the MOTU branding to be feasible.

I think the only thing that hurt sales of the wave that's coming is there's two Skeletors AND Karg is a repaint of a figure we only recently got. A second wave with more unique figures would probably sell well enough to get made and not need the MotU branding since we'd all know who they are. Just like we all knew Battle Fist was actually Fisto.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    I think the only thing that hurt sales of the wave that's coming is there's two Skeletors AND Karg is a repaint of a figure we only recently got. A second wave with more unique figures would probably sell well enough to get made and not need the MotU branding since we'd all know who they are. Just like we all knew Battle Fist was actually Fisto.
    That's my point. it is only us and not all those who knows actually buy. And WS wave still hurt even having motu branding and heman and skeletor with it. Admittedly there is 2 skeletor but that is 1 variant that is most desirable. Karg is the weakest character there with repaint but we all know he was needed to justify that wave (production cost wise).

The other WS design, I just can't see it justified without the MOTU branding

Being limited, only showing figures at a select few conventions, targeting a select audience, all contribute to low sales. Obviously, showing them at a place like SDCC should generate enough buzz to get people interested, but I'm sure there's a whole group of people who would be interested in them. As soon as we see them, we're already asking about pre-sales. It would almost benefit them to take them to multiple shows before putting them up for pre-order, just to generate more business.

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post

Potentially, the opposite could happen.

An all-encompassing line of movie-styled figures based on a Hollywood artists designs?

It could contain figures anywhere from Ralph Bakshi's Wizards to Guillermo del Toro's Pan's Labyrinth. William Stout's artwork and designs are incredible... people would love to get their hands on 3-Dimensional versions of his work!

His portfolio is the stuff of dreams... I think people would eat it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post

An all-encompassing line of movie-styled figures based on a Hollywood artists designs?

It could contain figures anywhere from Ralph Bakshi's Wizards to Guillermo del Toro's Pan's Labyrinth. William Stout's artwork and designs are incredible... people would love to get their hands on 3-Dimensional versions of his work!

Hopefully for those who wanted it and those you mentioned, may it happen.

Heroic Warrior

Exactly. If handled properly, Super7 and the 4H could be sitting on top of a goldmine with something like that.

Todd Mcfarlane did that with figures in the 90's.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    Todd Mcfarlane did that with figures in the 90's.

Yes but they were VERY limited in their posing. They were more like statues with some points of articulation.

Yes, but it was the huge leap in detail, getting licenses and creating "adult collectable" figures. As you said, they weren't necessarily "action" figures due to their basic articulation, but some of the various Spawn figures were AMAZING.

Like I said before, we were lucky that Mattel created a collector's line of figures. They want to get back to the mass market to boost sales. However, the Classics line got me collecting He-man again. The 200x visually was cool, but Mattel screwed it up with short packing new figures and over packing variants.

When I saw the Schwarzenegger Conan figures....WOW! More of my money spent.
    William Stout collection..WOW, again. Imagine doing other licences like this....original Predator figures, video game figures like Mortal Combat, etc. I'd keep buying figures.

I must admit my excitement for Origins has really cooled off. The more I have been studying the movie figures I really like them. It would be a shame if the rest of the main movie characters could not get released.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I must admit my excitement for Origins has really cooled off. The more I have been studying the movie figures I really like them. It would be a shame if the rest of the main movie characters could not get released.
    Especially considering that the only two "good guys" are He-Man and Gwildor.

Especially considering that the only two "good guys" are He-Man and Gwildor.
    The only good guys to release are Man-At-Arms and Teela...maybe Sorceress.
    Bad guys just Beastman, Evil-Lynn and the troppers.

Of course someone will say their collection will never be complete without Pigboy or Carl.

Heroic Warrior

Of course someone will say their collection will never be complete without Pigboy or Carl.
    C'mon! You know we need Carl! (Errrr...which one was Carl again?)

Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    C'mon! You know we need Carl! (Errrr...which one was Carl again?)

The guy Beastman attacked in the school.

Heroic Warrior
    The guy Beastman attacked in the school.
    Ah, the poor janitor guy! That's right!

Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    Ah, the poor janitor guy! That's right!
    Watch someone now make a petition or poll and telling Brian and Super 7/Mattel they want Carl in MOTUC.

I think that you could make a strong argument for Detective Lubic as well.

Heroic Warrior

How about the music store guy? You know his name...I know you know.....

I think that you could make a strong argument for Detective Lubic as well.
    True but then the debate of his police outfit or his Eternian clothes at the end of the movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Webstor's Ghost View Post
    How about the music store guy? You know his name...I know you know.....
    Ah yes Charlie. Obviously though they will keep him to come with the much requested Charlie's Music Store playset.

question for anyone in the know. I pre-ordered the Comic Conan on the same pre-order as William Stout 4 figure set. The latest email has ship time of December for William Stout figures and January for Conan. Will Super7 ship these orders separately, or will they ship both orders together when the Conan ships in January??