Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: After the William Stout Collection...what´s next?

I'm thinking they'll do wave 2 if these sell well. That said, we are still in need of:
    Melaktha
    Hunga
    Chef Allen
    Songster
    Masks of Power Demons
    Toy Angella
    Starburst She-Ra
    Joya
    Sagitar
    Kayo
    Vizor
    Spinwit
    Lizor
    Staghorn
    Artilla

- - - Updated - - -

Evil Lyn could be a fun SDCC exclusive.
    Thundercats Hooooooooooo!

If they can make a comic book version of Conan, I'd actually love to see some Frazetta characters made into figures like these.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I'd love for them to get as many Frazetta, sword & sorcery, barbarian characters as they can. But I'd definitely want some movie Conan and Conan the Adventurer figures in MOTUC style.

As well as Fire & Ice.

Fire and Ice.jpg
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Lizorr, T-Rex, Great Black Wizard, rest of New Adventures, MOP Demons, Dream Mistress.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Ileena, Twiggets, Dragoon, Widgets, Dark Dream, Lady Valtira, Count Marzo, Chimera.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I'd love for them to get as many Frazetta, sword & sorcery, barbarian characters as they can. But I'd definitely want some movie Conan and Conan the Adventurer figures in MOTUC style.

As well as Fire & Ice.

Fire and Ice.jpg
    Oh yeah! You know what I mean

Heroic Warrior
    Moebius did an iteration of movie He-Man, I'd love to see a figure based on that version of the character.

I’m okay with this wave, and I’ll even plunk down my money for it (though I wish they “fit” in with the Classics look more as far as faces go - I’d have like alternate, “Classics” heads at least). Still, I’d prefer the future consist of characters in my signature.

I do like the idea of Vintage PoP figures, more NA, and such.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Oh heck yeah!

Put me down for some Fire & Ice figures!!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

The should do the Mark Taylor collection of his concept figures
    https://battleramblog.com/t-mark-taylor-sketches-2/
    God I hate Stratos.

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftJustice View Post
    The should do the Mark Taylor collection of his concept figures
    https://battleramblog.com/t-mark-taylor-sketches-2/
    I would be behind this 100%!
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

That's a really cool idea. I would support this 100%. I love those designs!
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Designs from Mark Taylor would be awesome in MOTUC buck. But realistically, now that I saw what was shown at previous Cons, I understand that William Stout Collection was not the last wave of MOTUC, it was the first wave of that larger program S7 for MOTUC buck, followed by ThunderCats, Conan, TMNT. I would love to see more "signature" waves. How cool would be to have Mark Taylor collection or Axel Gimenez Collection, but I don't think those designs belong to the designers, most likely they belong to Mattel.

I would suggest to consider Fuerza T.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Heroic Warrior
    Really still holding out hope for a SECOND William Stout wave consisting of Evil Lyn, Beast Man, Teela and Man-At-Arms!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Really still holding out hope for a SECOND William Stout wave consisting of Evil Lyn, Beast Man, Teela and Man-At-Arms!
    We also need two versions of the Sorceress, Com-Tech, Pig Boy, and all the different troopers!

Heroic Warrior
    If we just got these to round out the '87 movie figures, I'd be happy. I mean, of course there's others I want in Collectors Choice and Club Grayskull, but as far as the '87 movie figures go, I'd be content.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    MotU Classics has been officially put "on hold", which is codeword for essentially dead, as there's almost zero chance anyone still collecting Classics now will keep waiting until maybe 2025 after years of no releases. Everyone will have moved onto other things by then and Classics will have become a toyline of the past, like 200X is already nowadays.

Super7 is not allowed to make any more, and Mattel has no interest whatsoever (they in fact made the decision to actively kill Classics so that they can push Origins as the new only MotU action figure toyline). So all talk about what we would have wanted next in this line has become essentially meaningless.

There won't be any more after Snake Mountain and the other ongoing pre-orders ship, sadly. No Dark Troopers, no Sagitar, no Master Sebrian, no Hunga, no General Tataran, no Twiggets, no Masks of Power demons, no Scrollos, no Colossor, no Molkrom, no Attack Trak, no Land Shark, no Batmeks, no Slime Pit, no Zodac's chair, no Fright Zone, no Crystal Castle, no...

Classics is no more. There's only Origins now. And yet some are wondering why all the backlash against the line that has effectively killed Classics...
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    MotU Classics has been officially put "on hold", which is codeword for essentially dead, as there's almost zero chance anyone still collecting Classics now will keep waiting until maybe 2025 after years of no releases. Everyone will have moved onto other things by then and Classics will have become a toyline of the past, like 200X is already nowadays.

Super7 is not allowed to make any more, and Mattel has no interest whatsoever (they in fact made the decision to actively kill Classics so that they can push Origins as the new only MotU action figure toyline). So all talk about what we would have wanted next in this line has become essentially meaningless.

There won't be any more after Snake Mountain and the other ongoing pre-orders ship, sadly. No Dark Troopers, no Sagitar, no Master Sebrian, no Hunga, no General Tataran, no Twiggets, no Masks of Power demons, no Scrollos, no Colossor, no Molkrom, no Attack Trak, no Land Shark, no Batmeks, no Slime Pit, no Zodac's chair, no Fright Zone, no Crystal Castle, no...

Classics is no more. There's only Origins now. And yet some are wondering why all the backlash against the line that has effectively killed Classics...
    Ouch. I don't like it...but I certainly can't disagree with what you're saying.

The truth hurts.

I'm also expecting MOTU Origins exclusives at Power-con in 2020 to be completely honest.
    Last edited by abaddon; September 14, 2019 at 09:25am.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Yeah I am sure all those remaining characters would have been great sellers. How foolish of Mattel to try and make money selling A list character toys at retail with the new Netflix series and movie getting released.
    Getting a small licene fee from another company to produce toys of Z list characters aimed at adults is great marketing and the best way to create new fans. If a young fan likes MOTU they can deal with scalpers to get the characters they like at ridiculous prices instead of going into shop and getting them at a normal retail price.
    Origins really deserves all the backlash doesn't it... LOL.

Heroic Warrior

Mattel doesn't own the rights to the movie designs…hence the name "William Stout" Collection. If anything were to be possible outside of Mattel's reach it'd be these figures.
    And, I'll take Mattel's word that on hold means ON HOLD. That doesn't mean dead…unless you work for Mattel and know something that hasn't been revealed.

Aside from what you said it's hilarious to see other comments calling the Attak Trak, Land Shark and the Slime Pit "z list characters" LOL!!!! And condescend to us saying there's no money in aiming a line at adult collectors who have the money…not kids. Origins shouldn't exist AT THE EXPENSE of Classics or Club Grayskull. They should all be companion lines. Mattel has said Origins is aimed at kids. Classics and CG is aimed at adults. It's two separate target audiences. So yes…to some extent, Origins is logically receiving some backlash…in the Classics Forum.
    Last edited by chuc98; September 14, 2019 at 07:33pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Mattel doesn't own the rights to the movie designs…hence the name "William Stout" Collection. If anything were to be possible outside of Mattel's reach it'd be these figures.
    And, I'll take Mattel's word that on hold means ON HOLD. That doesn't mean dead…unless you work for Mattel and know something that hasn't been revealed.

Aside from what you said it's hilarious to see other comments calling the Attak Trak, Land Shark and the Slime Pit "z list characters" LOL!!!! And condescend to us saying there's no money in aiming a line at adult collectors who have the money…not kids. Origins shouldn't exist AT THE EXPENSE of Classics or Club Grayskull. They should all be companion lines. Mattel has said Origins is aimed at kids. Classics and CG is aimed at adults. It's two separate target audiences. So yes…to some extent, Origins is logically receiving some backlash…in the Classics Forum.
    We really do need that Origins forum ASAP!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar

Mattel may not own the movie versions, but they do own the characters that those versions are a representation of. So they can't be made without Mattel's license. Except maybe the movie-specific characters (like Lubic, Pigboy, the Worruck concept, and possibly the troopers) if these were created entirely by the movie team without Mattel's involvement and the movie licensing agreement did not specify that any new characters introduced were to become the property of Mattel (I don't know the actual specifics here, so it could have been either way; maybe someone else knows more about this and would be able to clarify).

Regarding Mattel honoring their word that the line is just "on hold", the problem is, you can't put a toyline audience on hold. People will simply move on. There are too many other things where to put one's toy collecting monies. And, if Classics does indeed return after some years, chances are most if its current customer base will no longer be there, so it will just get its final nail in the coffin after the new items offered unfortunately fail to meet their minimum presales and get canceled.

As for Classics and Origins targeting two different demographics, yes, it's mostly true. But Mattel wants to pretend that those collecting Classics now will forget about Classics, put it behind, and switch to Origins as their new and "now" MotU toyline. Which couldn't be further from the truth.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    After the William Stout Collection...what´s next?
    I wonder if Super 7 struck a deal for a William Stout Collection part 2, would Mattel allow it to happen?

Although not exactly like the actual '87 movie, the Stout-designed characters could easily warrant a second wave of figures:

-Evil-Lyn
    -Duncan
    -Teela
    -Shock Troopers

...a long shot, but I believe that it could sell very well.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I wonder if Super 7 struck a deal for a William Stout Collection part 2, would Mattel allow it to happen?

Although not exactly like the actual '87 movie, the Stout-designed characters could easily warrant a second wave of figures:

-Evil-Lyn
    -Duncan
    -Teela
    -Shock Troopers

...a long shot, but I believe that it could sell very well.
    I would buy all 4

Heroic Warrior
    Mattel may not own the movie versions, but they do own the characters that those versions are a representation of. So they can't be made without Mattel's license. Except maybe the movie-specific characters (like Lubic, Pigboy, the Worruck concept, and possibly the troopers) if these were created entirely by the movie team without Mattel's involvement and the movie licensing agreement did not specify that any new characters introduced were to become the property of Mattel (I don't know the actual specifics here, so it could have been either way; maybe someone else knows more about this and would be able to clarify).

Regarding Mattel honoring their word that the line is just "on hold", the problem is, you can't put a toyline audience on hold. People will simply move on. There are too many other things where to put one's toy collecting monies. And, if Classics does indeed return after some years, chances are most if its current customer base will no longer be there, so it will just get its final nail in the coffin after the new items offered unfortunately fail to meet their minimum presales and get canceled.

As for Classics and Origins targeting two different demographics, yes, it's mostly true. But Mattel wants to pretend that those collecting Classics now will forget about Classics, put it behind, and switch to Origins as their new and "now" MotU toyline. Which couldn't be further from the truth.
    Perhaps as long as Super7 didn't call the figures by name…gave them names whatever they and Stout came up with it'd be possible. Notably, Brian says they still have a valid license that hasn't expired.
    I really don't care if the figures come in poly bags…if that's what it takes, no names and no package design…well…GIMMIE!

I do agree that Mattel is handling this all wrong. They clearly haven't learned from their past mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    We really do need that Origins forum ASAP!
    I hear you, man. It'd be nice to be able to have all of that discussion and info in one place.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

That first wave is going to do well. I would be up for a second wave with Teela, Man-at-Arms, Beast Man and Evil Lynn. I mean the movie was cheesy but the character design was....uh...well, you know they had good...um...yeah so I'd be up for a second wave.