Thread: Toy Fair 2019 Non-MOTU reveals

Toy Fair 2019 Non-MOTU reveals

So, I am just now wrapping my head around all of the amazing reveals from the past few days!

Neca, as always, seems to up their game every year... the Cartoon Turtle 2-Packs are a god-send for all of those who couldn't afford the SDCC multi-pack, plus Rocksteady and Beebop look incredible!!

I also have to hand it to Diamond Select for picking up the Castlevania license! The statues are looking good, and I cannot wait to get the actual figures!! (There had BETTER be a Dracula included at some point!!)

The company that really blew my mind though is Boss Fight Studios!

The Vitruvian HACKS line is expanding into something really special! There are so many (virtually unlimited) mix and match characters that can be made, and they all have that sword & sorcery feel - not unlike the Mythic Legions, just in a smaller scale...

The Bucky O'Hare line is really filling out nicely as well. I would have liked to have seen Al Negator along with Bruiser though, but don't get me wrong, the Toad Troopers and Bruiser are looking fantastic!

Anyone else see something that will eventually spell doom for his wallet?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

That Omega Supreme is just an amazing piece of plastic. I really hope I can get one if and when it goes down in price.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Omega Supreme and Jetfire will be mine.

Friday the 13th Part V Roy/Jason NECA figure is an instant done

Was hoping to see the NECA Ultimate John Connor, maybe at sdcc…..

I was big time letdown with the One:12 Batman 1989 & the DC Batman & Joker 1989 Toybiz remakes, well Joker was ok but Batman was a hot mess. Maybe if they are on the gold cardbacks like in '89 I'd consider them to go alongside my originals, provided they make some changes to the Batman figure. Not sure the size of these two figs...

Nothing else really interested me, nice to see but stuff I wouldn't purchase
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

The DC Luchadore figures
    Bossfight Sam and Max
    Storm Collectibles Bane and Sagat
    Diamond Selects Bruce Lee Figures
    A bunch of Marvel Legends and some of the Power Rangers figures

Master of Disasters MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Iím excited about the Super7 Rocky ReAction figures.
    MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Filmation Buzz-Off, Filmation Sy-Klone, Ice Armor He-Man

I'm earnestly happy with Hasbro this Toy Fair. The Uglydolls license they're the master license for for the movie is adorable (and really feels like a great fit from the indie brand it was, they have tons of characters in the line, especially the blind bag line, that were so minor in the original toyline, that seeing them shine like this is amazing)!

I'm also really excited for BotBots, just seeing how weird and wild Transformers is taking this line, it's a breath of fresh air that the Transformers franchise really just needed.

Court Magician
    Storm Collectables Sagat
    Omega Supreme
    Marvel Legends Ragnarok figures
    Icon Heroes Daniel & Johnny

Quote Originally Posted by Dcr4 View Post
    Storm Collectables Sagat
    Omega Supreme
    Marvel Legends Ragnarok figures
    Icon Heroes Daniel & Johnny
    That Sagat will be my first purchase from Storm Collectables.

Oh, and I like the second wave of DC Primal Age. Pixel Dan talked to the one dude at Funko who said there is no new news about the line, which is a bummer. I wonder if this is it for DC Primal Age? If so, it might have to do with the crappy QC and how the figures broke out of the box.

I'll still complete the line they have though.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

the Halloween 3 trick or treat'ers take the cake for me...
    "The worst horror movie i saw last year...was the best movie i saw last year"- Stephan King

I absolutely love the DC °Lucha Explosiva! figures.

And I think the Beebop and Rocksteady will actually fit in really well with my NECA comic TMNTs, April, Shredder and Foot Soldier figures, so I have to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Neca, as always, seems to up their game every year... the Cartoon Turtle 2-Packs are a god-send for all of those who couldn't afford the SDCC multi-pack, plus Rocksteady and Beebop look incredible!!
    Anyone else see something that will eventually spell doom for his wallet?
    I too am super excited about the Neca releases. I switched from the playmates classics to s.h. figuriarts for my tmnt display. Then they cancelled the line (shredder looked so great too). I held off on the Neca releases, despite their inclusion of bad guys, as I thought they would release no new characters. And I didnít want to collect another dead line. But beebop and rocksteady changed all that. If they sell well, this series will have a great chance of getting a bunch of the core+ cast out.

Neca was genius how they worked around playmates toy stifling Ip rights. Any other tmnt lines had to start at like $35 per toy and up. And they couldnít be in the toy aisles. So neca made 2-packs, and put them in with video games. So smart!

Itíll be tough shelling out $200 for another set of turtles. But getting shredder, a crappy krang, and 2 foot soldiers - finally - will be so nice. And at least beebop and rocksteady (and probably splinter and April) in August is awesome.

Did you see that Super 7 is also going to do a new TMNT Classics line?! At 7Ē scale, theyíll be quite a bit larger than Neca and S.H. figuarts tmnt lines. And over time, I think S7ís will be the ultimate tmnt collection. But with 4-8 figure releases per year, starting who knows when, it will be years until they catch up to where Neca will be in August.

Most likely this is why S7 snuck in the tmnt card at the booth. Wanted fans to know about their line before they get too invested in Neca, despite having nothing to show.

Heroic Warrior
    I loved the boss fight reveals , I loved the dc Lucha figures (how cool would Skeletor look in this style) and I totally fell in love with Gomez from Mezco I know he doesn’t belong to any property but he’s so cool, and I was really happy about the Star Wars vintage Collection sail barge go along figures and the skiff

The single item that impressed me the most was Jetfire. Finally a Sunbow style Skyfire figure.

The toyline that had the most reveals that impressed me was Marvel Legends. A whole lot of X-Men goodness coming.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by Creedog View Post
    Did you see that Super 7 is also going to do a new TMNT Classics line?! At 7” scale, they’ll be quite a bit larger than Neca and S.H. figuarts tmnt lines. And over time, I think S7’s will be the ultimate tmnt collection. But with 4-8 figure releases per year, starting who knows when, it will be years until they catch up to where Neca will be in August.

Most likely this is why S7 snuck in the tmnt card at the booth. Wanted fans to know about their line before they get too invested in Neca, despite having nothing to show.
    Yeah... I'm not sure how I feel about Super 7 taking on the Turtles. I mean, how many times can we possibly see the four basic figures be made?!? I LOVE the Bandai Figuarts versions, and now I'm excited to get the more financially stable Neca toon versions, but now another company is throwing in their hat?

I feel that Super 7 needs to focus on the QC of their current lines before branching out to others.

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    I'm surprised no one here mentioned Kotobukiya's GI Joe line... That Scarlett piece is stunning! And about the only problem I see with this line is Lady Jaye's concept art that has her shouldering a camera, wearing some weird police captain's hat instead of a ballcap, and holding a gun shaped like a javelin instead of it just being a pole javelin.

Quote Originally Posted by The.Idea.of.Evil View Post
    I'm surprised no one here mentioned Kotobukiya's GI Joe line... That Scarlett piece is stunning! And about the only problem I see with this line is Lady Jaye's concept art that has her shouldering a camera, wearing some weird police captain's hat instead of a ballcap, and holding a gun shaped like a javelin instead of it just being a pole javelin.
    Oh yes!

Scarlett looks amazing, as does the eventual Baroness!

Plus, that Domino will be mine!

Also, it is so cool to see that Storm Collectibles is giving World Heroes some love! Fuuma and Hanzo look great! But, the icing on the cake is that amazing Ax Battler figure from Golden Axe!!!

So many cool things coming out... my wallet and I won't be on speaking terms for quite some time...

I was impressed by Storm Collectibles SFV (Sagat, Cammy & Guile), KoF (Iori) and Golden Axe figures, specially since they are pretty much in the same scale as MOTUC. Bane looks impressive as well.

NECA TMNT look amazing but I'm really mad that they are exclusive for USA market with no international distributor, which would make me think twice if I may ended up paying too much in second market.

Although, I'm not very happy with S7 figures quality, I do really want to get that Toxic Avenger Classic figure. Conan did not impress me so much, if it gets a better painting along the way, I may consider getting it (I much rather prefer SC Golden Axe figure). It is a mistery what S7 may offer for Classic style TMNT

SW Black Series Chopper and Ezra looked very appealing as well as EpI Obi Wan.

DC Collectibles Animated Style AzBat, Red Hood and Armored DK looked amazing also

It is a pity that there are no news for a new G.I.Joe line (specially wanting a 6" BS type line) from Hasbro (probably in 2022 at the ARAH 40th Ann?)
    Last edited by Rhanen; February 20, 2019 at 01:42pm.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    . Conan did not impress me so much, if it gets a better painting along the way, I may consider getting it (I much rather prefer SC Golden Axe figure). It is a mistery what S7 may offer for Classic style TMNT
    Yeah... I'll admit that basing it off the 1974 comic didn't appeal to me either. If it had looked a bit more like the painted novel covers or even Arnold's Conan... something that just screams CONAN to me I'd be more excited... but something about that pointy helmet and stuff... I don't know. Seems more like the Vikor/Conan-KO to me than a legitimate Conan figure.

I’ve wanted a great, comprehensive, modern TMNT line forever, but now it looks like we could get two. I just scored the 90s Movie TMNT FIGURES, and their greatness has me excited to together Neca’s Target sets. Still, if Super7 offers a line akin to MOTUC, pulling from every corner of the TMNT Universe, I might have to side with them (especially since they’ll fit in with MOTUC) (and extra-especially if they get me IDW versions and characters!).
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I’ve wanted a great, comprehensive, modern TMNT line forever, but now it looks like we could get two. I just scored the 90s Movie TMNT FIGURES, and their greatness has me excited to together Neca’s Target sets. Still, if Super7 offers a line akin to MOTUC, pulling from every corner of the TMNT Universe, I might have to side with them (especially since they’ll fit in with MOTUC) (and extra-especially if they get me IDW versions and characters!).
    It makes me wonder if the Super 7 TMNT line will, in fact, coincide with IDW's take on the characters and the universe... if that's the case, then I agree, put me down for it!