Thread: Advice Appreciated - Pop Culture Shock He-Man and Orko Exclusive

Widget

Advice Appreciated - Pop Culture Shock He-Man and Orko Exclusive

Hello fellow MOTU fans,

I am quite new to this forum and this is my very first post, but I was wondering if I could ask some advice. I live in the UK and have wanted to acquire the He-Man/Orko exclusive that was put out by Pop Culture Shock a number of years ago (see image below). They are very limited (only 350 were produced) and difficult to find - but the thing is, I have an opportunity to purchase one (in brand new condition) here in the UK for £700 (around $914). I can collect it, so there wouldn't be any shipping or (obviously) import charges.

Before I commit to it though I just wanted to ask for anyone's opinion, as it is a lot more money than it originally went for - but is it a fair price, considering they're hard to come by now? Every time I come across one on eBay they seem to be listed for over $1,000 - and then there's shipping/import tax on top of that. I really don't know what to think, as it's a lot of money to part with - but if it's genuinely a good price then I will seriously consider it.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated - many thanks! I'm turning into a bit of an Orko collector, and while the He-Man statue is amazing I just love that it includes what is, in my mind, a perfect representation of Orko!

Many thanks,

Richard

maxresdefault.jpg

100% the statue is worth it. Amazing rendition of the character. I would ask to see photoís of the piece, even if brand new in box. A lot of these suffered from paint cracking, I have seen quite a few like it.

Only noticed the hands of mine starting to do it

If you love the piece and happy to spend the $$ go for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It really is an amazing statue. I purchased mine from eBay from a seller that listed it as brand new but having minor paint cracks like the power of 3 states above. I received the statue and the few minor cracks are completely unnoticeable when displayed. The kicker is that I only paid $220 for it including shipping. It is by far the biggest steal I've come across related to MOTU. I can't wait for my battle-cat and She Ra to arrive. I purchased those straight from PCS.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by the power of 3 View Post
    100% the statue is worth it. Amazing rendition of the character. I would ask to see photo’s of the piece, even if brand new in box. A lot of these suffered from paint cracking, I have seen quite a few like it.

Only noticed the hands of mine starting to do it

If you love the piece and happy to spend the $$ go for it

Many thanks for your advice, the power of 3. I'm probably going to go for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Turk81 View Post
    It really is an amazing statue. I purchased mine from eBay from a seller that listed it as brand new but having minor paint cracks like the power of 3 states above. I received the statue and the few minor cracks are completely unnoticeable when displayed. The kicker is that I only paid $220 for it including shipping. It is by far the biggest steal I've come across related to MOTU. I can't wait for my battle-cat and She Ra to arrive. I purchased those straight from PCS.
    Many thanks for that Turk81 - sounds like you for it for an amazing price! I've pre-ordered a Battle Cat statue too and can't wait! But I'm not sure how this He-Man would look with it because of the style differences. Are you planning to display them together?

No problem at all mate, happy to help. Just make sure you check the QC on it. I only found that on mine, as I got it out the box recently as Iím selling it

Widget
    No problem at all mate, happy to help. Just make sure you check the QC on it. I only found that on mine, as I got it out the box recently as I’m selling it

Thanks so much! I'm still slightly torn, but as I live in the UK I'm guessing this opportunity might not come up again. The great thing is I can pay in three monthly installments too. Do you honestly think it's worth around $900 and would it be an investment? Are any others likely to sell for less, would you say?

They have sold for less and they have sold for more. I think itís a fair price in the market now, and given a payment plan arrangement on a sold out piece, thatís great terms

To me the statue is worth it, low numbered and literally looks like the characters walked out of the cartoon.

However investment and collectables I wouldnít think of that way.. you will always have your money in something for sure, but to guarantee a return at same amount or more, I wouldnít invest in collectables

Widget
    They have sold for less and they have sold for more. I think it’s a fair price in the market now, and given a payment plan arrangement on a sold out piece, that’s great terms

To me the statue is worth it, low numbered and literally looks like the characters walked out of the cartoon.

However investment and collectables I wouldn’t think of that way.. you will always have your money in something for sure, but to guarantee a return at same amount or more, I wouldn’t invest in collectables

Many thanks for your thoughts. I guess I'm just thinking I might want to sell it on one day, but understand that they shouldn't be thought of as investments. I think I'll have to go for it.

I've pre-ordered a Battle Cat from PCS and not sure how good they'll look together, due to the difference in styles, but it is my favourite statue of He-Man (I don't like the more 'realistic' ones).

Battle cat will look awesome with him, exactly what I was going to do. I even commissioned a Cringer statue to put on one side of him and battle cat on the other
    But since Iím moving this one, Cringer will go too. Getting a custom he-man statue instead

Go for it for sure, you definitely wonít regret it

Widget
    Battle cat will look awesome with him, exactly what I was going to do. I even commissioned a Cringer statue to put on one side of him and battle cat on the other
    But since I’m moving this one, Cringer will go too. Getting a custom he-man statue instead

Go for it for sure, you definitely won’t regret it

Thanks so much power of 3 - I'm literally on the brink of going for it (I promised the seller I'd let them know by today).

I love your idea of Cringer on the other side - I was just concerned about the two different styles not working. Do you not think the more realistic Battle Cat will overshadow the He-Man? Sorry for all the questions - ha ha, I'm just looking for as much reassurance as I can! I don't own any statues at the moment, and jumped at the chance when Battle Cat became available again. It was going to be a center piece at home. Sorry, I'm just very new to it all.

I think battle cat will work perfectly.. the helmeted version 100% will be fine next to the statue, Iím sure many people would have or will do that, me being one of them and having the same thoughts

The he-man Iím getting is more comic/ realistic so I plan to put the EX battle cat with him and have the unhelmeted sculpt on as it works better

You canít go wrong with this piece at all, itís a focal point in any collection and room

Quote Originally Posted by animatorrich View Post
    Many thanks for your advice, the power of 3. I'm probably going to go for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Many thanks for that Turk81 - sounds like you for it for an amazing price! I've pre-ordered a Battle Cat statue too and can't wait! But I'm not sure how this He-Man would look with it because of the style differences. Are you planning to display them together?
    I will have them displayed on the same shelf. Not necessarily next to one another. I have all my MOTU PCS statues on a wall unit. The helmeted battlecat should fit right in with the filmation. He is huge... Like nearly 3 ft long.

Widget
    I think battle cat will work perfectly.. the helmeted version 100% will be fine next to the statue, I’m sure many people would have or will do that, me being one of them and having the same thoughts

The he-man I’m getting is more comic/ realistic so I plan to put the EX battle cat with him and have the unhelmeted sculpt on as it works better

You can’t go wrong with this piece at all, it’s a focal point in any collection and room

Again, many thanks! You've sold it to me - well, the seller has! I can't wait to eventually display Battle Cat with it. I managed to pre-order the EX version too - it seemed like a very tight opportunity to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Turk81 View Post
    I will have them displayed on the same shelf. Not necessarily next to one another. I have all my MOTU PCS statues on a wall unit. The helmeted battlecat should fit right in with the filmation. He is huge... Like nearly 3 ft long.
    Thanks Turk81. Yes I'm very excited about the Battle Cat. Do you have him already from last time? There seems to be a new batch of them being produced - not too sure why, but I'm chuffed to have been able to pre-order the EX version.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    You can buy this statue without hesitation, it is pure gem.
    I have all He-man statues made so far and that is my favorite by far.
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    You can buy this statue without hesitation, it is pure gem.
    I have all He-man statues made so far and that is my favorite by far.
    Thanks. I've secured it now - can't wait to see it!

That's amazing that you have all statues so far - if you get a chance it'd be great to see some photos of them all together.

Congrats on getting this statue, thatís great news and in addition Battle Cat. Both will make a perfect MOTU display

Widget
    Congrats on getting this statue, that’s great news and in addition Battle Cat. Both will make a perfect MOTU display

Many thanks. I can't wait to display them together. I'm wondering if someone out there has a photo of the two together - but, like you say, they should work fantastically!

Thanks again for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by animatorrich View Post
    Again, many thanks! You've sold it to me - well, the seller has! I can't wait to eventually display Battle Cat with it. I managed to pre-order the EX version too - it seemed like a very tight opportunity to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Turk81. Yes I'm very excited about the Battle Cat. Do you have him already from last time? There seems to be a new batch of them being produced - not too sure why, but I'm chuffed to have been able to pre-order the EX version.
    I ordered from the second batch so no I do not have it yet

Widget
    Hi everyone, I just wanted to thank you for urging me to purchase the He-Man/Orko statue that came up for sale. I’m so pleased with it! It’s in perfect condition, with no cracks anywhere, and the seller turned out to be somebody semi-involved with the design process - and knows Jerry! Really glad to have got this for £700 - now I just need to stop myself from wanting more! ED665BC3-4BFC-41CE-9696-018AF24A6E40.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Serving the Universe DennyCrane's Avatar
    As great as these statues look, I wish they were available in smaller sizes. Just don't have the display space for 1:4 anymore.

Congrats on your buy! Am I hearing right they're making more EX Battle Cat? Weren't those a limited set edition?
    Shop DC Collectibles for Pop Culture Entertainment -
    Hot Toys, Action Figures, Game & Hobby, Comic Book, Retro / Vintage & More!
    http://DCCollect.com ē #24Tuesday ē Free Shipping ē More!

Get Social for the latest news and reviews, product updates and sale announcements:
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Pinterest

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    As great as these statues look, I wish they were available in smaller sizes. Just don't have the display space for 1:4 anymore.

Congrats on your buy! Am I hearing right they're making more EX Battle Cat? Weren't those a limited set edition?
    Thanks DennyCrane. I agree they are very big, which is why I’ll probably stick with just this He-Man and Battle Cat when he arrives. I managed to pre-order an EX Battle Cat when it went up for sale again earlier this year. I don’t quite know the story, but I think there were QC issues with the first run, causing a lot of people to cancel their pre-orders, hence more becoming available for pre-order. There is a wait list for it now, but the standard version can still be ordered from Sideshow’s site. If you have the space and can afford it he seems like a fantastic statue, but yes - he’s huge!

Was that the Sideshow preorder? I admit I put my ring in the hat for Battlecat but have been back and forth about it several times and would have been impossible during the move. If my number comes up now, I will be very tempted to take it. That said, I don't like the fact you have to remove his head to turn the light on. With something that fragile they should've gone a different way. If I had the space, no question I'd own em all. But it's just not practical right now so...
    Shop DC Collectibles for Pop Culture Entertainment -
    Hot Toys, Action Figures, Game & Hobby, Comic Book, Retro / Vintage & More!
    http://DCCollect.com ē #24Tuesday ē Free Shipping ē More!

Get Social for the latest news and reviews, product updates and sale announcements:
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Pinterest

Widget
    Was that the Sideshow preorder? I admit I put my ring in the hat for Battlecat but have been back and forth about it several times and would have been impossible during the move. If my number comes up now, I will be very tempted to take it. That said, I don't like the fact you have to remove his head to turn the light on. With something that fragile they should've gone a different way. If I had the space, no question I'd own em all. But it's just not practical right now so...
    Yes it was suddenly available for pre-order at Sudeshow again, but then the opportunity disappeared after a day or so. I just responded when I got an email from them as they knew I was interested. I do agree regarding the head - I doubt they will address that in this new ‘batch’, since I guess they’d have to be identical to the ones that have already gone out. Good luck with getting one though. As a side note, I want to get the Orko statue from Sideshow but am torn by how to go for it, since I’m U.K. based. I’ve posted a separate discussion on it - but do you have that by any chance?

No, Cat would be my first (and likely only). If I got one of the Sideshow I'd want them all, and since I can't I won't go down that rabbit hole. I could be ok with just Cat as he's not Sideshow House. Orko looks nice though. I say go with your gut. It's seldom wrong and if it is you have something to pass the blame

Widget
    No, Cat would be my first (and likely only). If I got one of the Sideshow I'd want them all, and since I can't I won't go down that rabbit hole. I could be ok with just Cat as he's not Sideshow House. Orko looks nice though. I say go with your gut. It's seldom wrong and if it is you have something to pass the blame
    Ha ha, thanks. My gut is telling me to go with the exclusive but it’s just import charges that bother me. I need to decide quickly though, before they sell out.