Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Future Power Con Exclusive Figure Suggestions - repaints / parts swapping ONLY

Widget

Future Power Con Exclusive Figure Suggestions - repaints / parts swapping ONLY

In the main Power Con thread Val suggested:

“Remember that, at least for now, we have to look at just strict repaints / parts swapping for future Power-Con exclusives. But it can include soft goods.
    Also, new characters / unreleased variants are the focus. Not re-releases of prior MOTUC figures. So we won't be doing another Frostra, for example.

That's the current marching orders on future exclusives. So if you all want to get creative with suggestions for characters, I'm all ears! AND I appreciate the suggestions!”

I thought I would start a new thread to consolidate all suggestions for future figures.

I took a look at some of Axel's unmade designs and a few other characters where I thought I could cook up a recipe for new figures using existing parts.

First up, Man Crystal

Man Crystal (Final Design).jpg

As you can see, Axel’s design calls for a new head and tunic. However, if instead, we repurpose Fighting Foe Men Dritztroyer’s Head and Cape, the rest of Axel’s Design can be honored and the figure would look substantially similar without the need for new parts. The thing that really sells the figure would be translucent “crystal” body parts.

Next, Princess Kirma from Brazilia Editora Abril comics, which can be made with Angella's head and Granita's body.

igKnt28.jpgPrincess Kirma Classics Design.jpg

Royal Guard She-Ra can be made using New Adventures She-Ra head, arms and torso, plus Battleground Teela waist and legs. She would lose the interchangeability of Axel's design, but the character could still get made.

Royal Armor She-Ra (Axel -Nate).jpg

Golden Rod is made of existing Roboto and MultiBot parts

Golden Rod.jpg

Reptilax could be made, but would have to lose Axel's suggests RE: reworking the head and would have to come with existing armor instead of new armor.

Reptilax -2.jpg

Josh could be made as long as people would be willing to accept a Mo-Larr head with different colored hair. There aren't a lot of options for Male heads. He-Man's is too recognizable. Bow's no-mustache head is too likely to be displayed alongside Josh. The only possibility seems to be Mo-Larr's since it had has an affable facial expression and with chestnut hair I think it could serve as a workable Josh.

Josh & Kowla (Final Design).jpg

Outside of Axel's designs; there is the potential to build a UK Comics Horde Prime figure based around the alternate head that came with the original Horde Prime release.

Horde_Prime_UK.jpg

The recipe I'd propose would be something like Alternate Horde Prime head, Horde Prime Cape, Might Spector Upper body, Hordak legs (for the Horde symbol on the upper boots) with Statos feet. The gigantic Horde Symbol on the chest of the cape isn’t perfect to the comic design, but it is the best cape option available in my opinion

Finally, a couple repaint suggestions: Los Amos Skeletor and Mer-Man .

s-l1600.jpg

I feel a bit lukewarm on these guys being offered at $55 as convention exclusives, but they are a possibility worth mentioning.

Finally, I think there some trooper builder options like single carded Skelcons, or some of the Horde Troopers with the variant heads from General Sunder as single carded options (Aquatic Troopers). There is also the possibility of creating "new" Horde Troopers with repaint options like black deco "commando" or red armor "Royal guard" variant Horde Troopers with soft goods capes. (consider a 3-pack with UK Horde Prime and 2 "Royal Guard" Horde Troopers).

Perhaps, a single-carded Snake Man with a repainted body with green or black skin. You could even repaint the Kobra Khan "hooded" head to look like a real cobra or the Serpentine King Hiss Alternate head to include as a "new look" for the army builder Snake Man.

I someone who subscribed to the GI Joe Figure Subscription Service, I am very used to repainted, repurposed parts being used to create new figures. I think there are a lot of possibilities out there even with the limitations Val mentioned. I can't wait to head what other people cook up!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes to a comic version of Horde Prime!
    Danielsan52

HELP! The Devil's in my Car!!
    The B-52's

Mini-Comics Tri-Klops and Pink Teela would be popular.

Two of my guesses for next year are She-Ra and Catra MOTUC variants since it is supposed to be POP heavy. Maybe, they could get a variant from the new She-Ra toyline as well from Mattel (if it ever comes out).

I wonder what the costs would be to flock Panthor. I still think flocked Panthor won that SDCC vote...

Secret Liquid of Life Teela.

There are now enough parts from various female figures to make her.

Additionally Super7 could paint SLL Teela a blue-grey, and add armor from the move to make “Movie Teela”!
    Danielsan52

HELP! The Devil's in my Car!!
    The B-52's

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Secret Liquid of Life Teela.

Additionally Super7 could paint SLL Teela a blue-grey, and add armor from the move to make “Movie Teela”!
    I think we can hold out hope that Super 7 has the rights to make an actual "Movie Teela" in the wake of the ToyFair reveals!

Anti Eternia 3-Pack. Man-At-Arms would follow the color pattern of AE He-Man, Keldor would be left up to the imagination as some fans have interpreted the color scheme differently and/or with a skull, and Orko would be the simplest of the three as all he would need is newly painted "evil eyes".

D27686E6-5243-401B-B0EB-8ADA93E5B88F.jpg
    just made this anti Eternia prince Keldor based off the secret of Keldor mini comic
    Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    Anti Eternia 3-Pack. Man-At-Arms would follow the color pattern of AE He-Man, Keldor would be left up to the imagination as some fans have interpreted the color scheme differently and/or with a skull, and Orko would be the simplest of the three as all he would need is newly painted "evil eyes".
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by MikeR601 View Post
    In the main Power Con thread Val suggested:

“Remember that, at least for now, we have to look at just strict repaints / parts swapping for future Power-Con exclusives. But it can include soft goods.
    Also, new characters / unreleased variants are the focus. Not re-releases of prior MOTUC figures. So we won't be doing another Frostra, for example.

That's the current marching orders on future exclusives. So if you all want to get creative with suggestions for characters, I'm all ears! AND I appreciate the suggestions!”

I thought I would start a new thread to consolidate all suggestions for future figures.

I took a look at some of Axel's unmade designs and a few other characters where I thought I could cook up a recipe for new figures using existing parts.

First up, Man Crystal

Man Crystal (Final Design).jpg

As you can see, Axel’s design calls for a new head and tunic. However, if instead, we repurpose Fighting Foe Men Dritztroyer’s Head and Cape, the rest of Axel’s Design can be honored and the figure would look substantially similar without the need for new parts. The thing that really sells the figure would be translucent “crystal” body parts.

In regards to him i dont think could reuse dittsoyers head coause i dont think its bald underneath the hood, we would need a new head but instead of thcap you suggest, use veenas shawl instead, everything else exists in regards to parts, Check out the custom i made of him

Next, Princess Kirma from Brazilia Editora Abril comics, which can be made with Angella's head and Granita's body.

igKnt28.jpgPrincess Kirma Classics Design.jpg

This is a great Idea and i would be Totally down for this

Royal Guard She-Ra can be made using New Adventures She-Ra head, arms and torso, plus Battleground Teela waist and legs. She would lose the interchangeability of Axel's design, but the character could still get made.

You wouldn't lose the interchangeability because you would be using SMS top, which has The ability to to swap out logo, which means the logos would have to be made, thats all

Royal Armor She-Ra (Axel -Nate).jpg

Golden Rod is made of existing Roboto and MultiBot parts

Golden Rod.jpg

This is a great suggestion, would love this as a powercon exclusive

Reptilax could be made, but would have to lose Axel's suggests RE: reworking the head and would have to come with existing armor instead of new armor.

Reptilax -2.jpg

Josh could be made as long as people would be willing to accept a Mo-Larr head with different colored hair. There aren't a lot of options for Male heads. He-Man's is too recognizable. Bow's no-mustache head is too likely to be displayed alongside Josh. The only possibility seems to be Mo-Larr's since it had has an affable facial expression and with chestnut hair I think it could serve as a workable Josh.

Josh & Kowla (Final Design).jpg

He-ro's head looks and fits his look to the t in my eyes, check out this custom i made of him, but we still need the belt quiver and crossbow,

Outside of Axel's designs; there is the potential to build a UK Comics Horde Prime figure based around the alternate head that came with the original Horde Prime release.

Horde_Prime_UK.jpg I would use grizzlor boots instead to be more uniform with the pics

The recipe I'd propose would be something like Alternate Horde Prime head, Horde Prime Cape, Might Spector Upper body, Hordak legs (for the Horde symbol on the upper boots) with Statos feet. The gigantic Horde Symbol on the chest of the cape isn’t perfect to the comic design, but it is the best cape option available in my opinion

Finally, a couple repaint suggestions: Los Amos Skeletor and Mer-Man .

s-l1600.jpg

I feel a bit lukewarm on these guys being offered at $55 as convention exclusives, but they are a possibility worth mentioning.

Finally, I think there some trooper builder options like single carded Skelcons, or some of the Horde Troopers with the variant heads from General Sunder as single carded options (Aquatic Troopers). There is also the possibility of creating "new" Horde Troopers with repaint options like black deco "commando" or red armor "Royal guard" variant Horde Troopers with soft goods capes. (consider a 3-pack with UK Horde Prime and 2 "Royal Guard" Horde Troopers).

Perhaps, a single-carded Snake Man with a repainted body with green or black skin. You could even repaint the Kobra Khan "hooded" head to look like a real cobra or the Serpentine King Hiss Alternate head to include as a "new look" for the army builder Snake Man.

I someone who subscribed to the GI Joe Figure Subscription Service, I am very used to repainted, repurposed parts being used to create new figures. I think there are a lot of possibilities out there even with the limitations Val mentioned. I can't wait to head what other people cook up!
    Mortella would be easy, helmeted teela head, with marlena dress and body,bg evil cape, all you gotta is add the head band.

winged skelecons would just need Dactys Wings and a new weapon

Anti eternia man at arms and orko, same color scheme as heman

Negative heman, another weird doppleganger of heman from german comics

Thats all i got for now, ill come up with more

Anti Eternia Orko looks the same as the regular Orko, per the same German audiotape from which the Anti dimension was established. All he would really need is yellow evil eyes sans pupils, and years ago I gave an example with a pic provided of how he could look. I believe the episode was from The Return of Orko's Uncle when he was under Azrog's spell.

Now that I think of it, another easy repaint would be the unofficial mascot of the ORG from back in the day, Gorpo with the dark purple hat with yellow stars painted on pre-Unnamed One.

Sweet customs, by the way.
    Last edited by Shecky; February 20, 2019 at 07:37pm.

Hollywood Warrior InspectorZartan's Avatar
    I'd really like to see the rest of the POP horses make it in the line so those would probably be my most wanted repaints.
    TOP WANTS
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Malektha/Twiggets/RedKnight
    200X:Miro/Hawke/Illumina/BoneWarrior/ABCGiants
    NA:Nocturna/Sagitar/Kayo/Lizzor/Hoove/Vizar/
    Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    JETLAG:Sebrian/Andros/Drissi/Gleep/UR
    MISC:Delora/MOPDemons/LtAndre/EvilRobot/Damon
    BEASTS:Clawdeen/Storm/Bionotops/Mantisaur/
    TyrantisaurousRex/Moonbeam/Sundancer

Heroic Master of Typos davidlogan's Avatar
    Catra Style Guide v2

Corrected paint Frosta

Reptilax

and as mentioned by the OP. UK Horde Prime! That is such a brilliant idea!!!

Also, Man Crystal or Golden Rod would be great too. I could also accept Josh, using Bow's toy head with the headband. Lots of great ideas already!
    "..."

Widget
    I love the Anti-Eternia suggestions.

How about 2 3-packs:
    -Anti-Eternia Villains: Anti-Man-at-Arms (just like Facets), Anti Teela (black skin, black armor with red highlights. 2 heads, one with red hair, the other with the skull cap to wear bright red snake armor) and Anti-Orko with black outfit with a red "O" (audio drama description aside this makes for a cooler figure)

-Anti-Eternia Heroes: Heroic Keldor (head per Facets cool custom, body of King Randor), Heroic Evil-Lyn (with her old school yellow skin, but white/gold Teela style armor and tiara, BG Evil-Lyn cape in white), and Heroic Beast Man (colored so the Weapons Pack armor matches him well and with a recolored 200x Moss Man head to give him a more gentle appearance)

as an extra they can throw in the updated He-Man head (originally packed with Oo-Lar) in Anti-Eternian deco.
    Last edited by MikeR601; February 20, 2019 at 09:10pm.

I'd like to see Marlena Glenn in her white spacesuit....

Disco Skeletor or bust.

I’d LOVE an Org version of Gorpo!

Other ideas I’d like to see include Starburst She-Ra (it as close as we could get with existing parts and cloth goods), a toy repaint of Catra, Crystal MAA (the CC/MOTUC version), AE MAA, Pink Teela & Sorceress, and I’d get a huge kick out of some Fuerza-T!

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    Anti Eternia Orko looks the same as the regular Orko, per the same German audiotape from which the Anti dimension was established. All he would really need is yellow evil eyes sans pupils, and years ago I gave an example with a pic provided of how he could look. I believe the episode was from The Return of Orko's Uncle when he was under Azrog's spell.

Now that I think of it, another easy repaint would be the unofficial mascot of the ORG from back in the day, Gorpo with the dark purple hat with yellow stars painted on pre-Unnamed One.

Sweet customs, by the way.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I’d LOVE an Org version of Gorpo!

Other ideas I’d like to see include Starburst She-Ra (it as close as we could get with existing parts and cloth goods), a toy repaint of Catra, Crystal MAA (the CC/MOTUC version), AE MAA, Pink Teela & Sorceress, and I’d get a huge kick out of some Fuerza-T!
    Carnivore was supposed to be in the third ubg so he’s an easy one to make and relevant.

Master of Disasters MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Disco Skeletor. Easiest repaint ever.
    MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Filmation Buzz-Off, Filmation Sy-Klone, Ice Armor He-Man

Style Guide colors Catra
    Starburst She-Ra (w/soft goods)
    Vintage Toy Costume Catra (with soft goods)
    Storm
    Clawdeen
    Crystal Sundancer
    Crystal Moonbeam
    Disco Skeletor
    Mini Comic Tri-Klops
    Pink Teela
    Pink Sorceress
    Last edited by bcrduke; February 25, 2019 at 09:52pm.
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Heroic Warrior
    Hearing that Soft Goods are acceptable now... my first thought is a new Sorceress. I know it's about 'new characters', but Sorceress NEEDS a soft cape attached to the wrists in order to ever be 'accurate' and be able to sit on her throne. For that matter I'd love a Randor, Marlena, King He-man... basically ANY character that should be sitting on a throne but got screwed over with plastic capes.

For new characters...yeah, I gotta go with 'starburst She-ra', and if the movie figures are open... Let's get those calls for Detective Lubic going again

Otherwise... I don't know... Most of the characters I want have already been made... some a FEW times. I'm about out of silly repaints that I would actually want to buy. if they're expanding on their lines... I STILL want a real Blackstarr figure that I made from a fairly simple repaint of FF He-man.

Maybe since they FINALLY got the filmation sword right with the new Adam... we could see a He-man or 12 sporting that perfect filmation sword. My personal favorite version is original Classics, with Toy head (repainted Toy Faker head from E-bay) and a Filmation sword (Shapeways) but if we could get an iconic He-man with that sword that would be amazing. Probably something like the Ultimate he-man but with the filmation sword.
    Last edited by phantom1592; February 21, 2019 at 02:23am.

Heroic Warrior
    An obvious choice from the first MOTU annual is Gorpo.

Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Heroic Warrior
    I’d love a Monogram Talon Fighter repaint and mini comics Clawful.

I feel like Fuerza-T was made for this. And I've been aching for them.
    Thundercats Hooooooooooo!

Heroic Warrior
    COLLECTORS' CHOICE:

'Clash of Arms' Whiplash
    Mini-Comics Tri-Klops (with soft goods)
    Crystal Man-At-Arms
    Starburst She-Ra (with soft goods)
    Clawdeen
    King Randor (New Adventures color scheme)
    Queen Marlena (New Adventures color scheme)
    Pink Teela
    Anti-Eternia Man-At-Arms
    Anti-Eternia Orko
    Snake Man (Blue color scheme)
    Snake Man (Bright Green color scheme)
    Mer-Man (Vintage Toy version)
    Battle Ground Evil-Lyn (Yellow color scheme)
    Felinor (Fuerza-T)
    Disco Skeletor

CLUB GRAYSKULL:

Faker (Vintage Toy color scheme)
    Crystal Man-At-Arms
    Frozen Teela
    Gold He-Man
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Toy colors Man-E-Faces.

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    I think Zeelahr (is that the name of the brother of Zodak that was devoured by King Hisss?) is doable taking parts from Marzo (loincloth or whatever that part is called), He-Ro`s boots, Flogg's shoulders and neck piece, Zodak's arms and heads (so that we have helmeted and unhelmeted heads) and some soft goods for the clothes.

Also you have many options if you would like to create your own original Cosmic Enforcers from different races/colors.

What about the reptilian cosmic enforcer using Saurod's parts? Or Lizard Man's body (always using the so generic helmeted head shared by Zodac, Zodak and Strobo). Man, you could have a Cosmic Enforcer's 3 pack!

Finally I support Fuerza-T characters, if licenses are not an obstacle.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar