Thread: Two-Badd

Two-Badd

Just wanted to share a Two-badd in progress. Pencils on 11x17.

Two-badd--pencils_sharpe lo res.jpg
    Last edited by ksharpe; February 28, 2019 at 02:27pm.

Dang, that's good!!!
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Many thanks Wakko!

Love your style - the lines are tight and yet has a nice organic look to them. Your skills really bring out the textures in the character. Fantastic job!

Quote Originally Posted by ksharpe View Post
    Many thanks Wakko!
    You're welcome. I just took a deep dive into your work on deviantart. I'm floored. Really great work.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvart View Post
    Love your style - the lines are tight and yet has a nice organic look to them. Your skills really bring out the textures in the character. Fantastic job!
    Much Appreciated! I do try to get those textures in there. Hes such a fun character to draw!

Quote Originally Posted by ksharpe View Post
    Much Appreciated! I do try to get those textures in there. Hes such a fun character to draw!
    Out of curiosity, a couple of questions - did you go to art school, or did you get to this level by practising a lot? And are there any "targeted drills" you'd recommend? Thanks.

I try to , in any free time i have, practice sketching and life drawing. If i feel I'm weak on anything , I search out as much ref I can and practice that as much as possible.

No formal schooling for art, just a desire to learn . While I gravitate towards muscular figure types, in my practice i try to do as many " normal" people too. What i look for is making sure I understand what im drawing and repeatedly practice that. Perspective -- multiple point, anatomy, storytelling, composition---anything i can find.

I do " drills" in a loose sense that if I feel im weak on ..lets say..Forearms, I'll find ref, then draw as many examples and angles as I can in a session. The internet is a great tool for instant access to reference.
    Last edited by ksharpe; February 28, 2019 at 11:32pm.

You are very hard working and dedicated then when it comes to getting good at drawing, because your efforts show!

Years ago I did more drawing, these days I have gotten very lazy. After the housework, paying the bills, getting stuff ready for my kid's school, etc. I seem to find every excuse to not do something that requires "using my brain". Deep down I am probably rather lazy, my list of commitments just give me a convenient excuse.