Thread: Super7 5.5 Movie MOTU?

Widget

Super7 5.5 Movie MOTU?

So we just got the pre-order for the Movie Classics He-Man Skeletor and Karg. It seems like the loop-hole is that they are "based" on concept artwork for the movie citing "William Stout."

My question is How likely will we get these in 5.5 retro size?

I'd really like to ask Super7 if we can finally complete our vintage movie line!

I'd like to see He-Man, God Skeletor, Regular Skeletor, MAA, Teela, Sorceress, Troopers and Karg. None of the earth people, please. I pretend that part of the movie didnt happen. Any thoughts?

If they do them, Evil Lyn is a must too

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

I totally expect this to happen.
    Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by flounnderr View Post
    So we just got the pre-order for the Movie Classics He-Man Skeletor and Karg. It seems like the loop-hole is that they are "based" on concept artwork for the movie citing "William Stout."

I'd really like to ask Super7 if we can finally complete our vintage movie line!

I'd like to see He-Man, God Skeletor, Regular Skeletor, MAA, Teela, Sorceress, Troopers and Karg. None of the earth people, please. I pretend that part of the movie didnt happen. Any thoughts?
    I'm completely with you on this.

My Toy/Nerd Blog - Ubernerd, Beyond Loserdome https://beyondloserdome.blogspot.com/

Travel down the Rabbit Hole into my take on the Eternian Mythos:

Direct link to the Google Slides - https://goo.gl/0DJy5p

Link to my Thread in the Fan Fiction Forums - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...e-MOTU-Mythos)

Heroic Warrior
    I would think this is actually fairly likely, since they already invested a lot of work and money into the licensing and creative work to bring out the classics line. Would only make sense to also re-use this for the 5.5 line; especially seeing that they have really tried to get as much as they could out of all their recent investments (crystal man-at arms, gold he-man, ice teela - just so they could make some more cash off the existing molds and tooling).

Court Magician
    I would prefer more 7" scale figures (Teela, Man-At-Arms, Evil- Lynn, Julie, Charlie, Lubic) be made before doing more 5.5" figures, but I guess there's no reason to release them concurrently?

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I really hope so!

Would be great to finally see Karg in that scale, also movie versions of He-Man & Skeletor, Beatsman and Teela
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Uncle View Post
    I would prefer more 7" scale figures (Teela, Man-At-Arms, Evil- Lynn, Julie, Charlie, Lubic) be made before doing more 5.5" figures, but I guess there's no reason to release them concurrently?
    I agree. Since we will be getting the William Stout collection, it is only logical to continue in the 7" scale and get the rest of the '87 movie characters. I hope there will be a wave 2 of William Stout Collection with: Evil-Lyn, Beast Man, Kevin, Julie, and Wave 3 with: Teela, man-At-Arms, Sorceress, Black Stormtrooper.

Quote Originally Posted by flounnderr View Post

That's what I want to see! As much as I love the Classics versions I just can't collect them anymore. Too big, to expensive. Would love to see 5.5" versions

This 5.5 line is just weird to me. If I collect that size it'll be the actual vintage figures from the 80's. These seem to me like they're just throwing out another MOTU toy line. I guess it's good to cover a bunch of different areas but these are a ridiculously easy pass for me and I love almost all things MOTU. Oh well, more power to those who like them.

Heroic Warrior
    As a vintage and new 5.5 collector, I would like a 5.5 William Stout collection simply because not all the movie figures were made for Vintage. The movie figures are actually a hole in vintage. We deserved them first, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonWalker77 View Post
    ...Black Stormtrooper.

Warlord too, if they've got the licence for him!

I was 7 years old, it was the first episode I saw, and because of that screenshot I thought it was spelled with an 'E'... "I didn't invent the ****ing thing!" - Kyle Reese
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________________

REIGNBOW BRUTE; Crushing Your Childhood One Dream at a Time!