Thread: Beast Gods of Eternia

Heroic Warrior

Beast Gods of Eternia

You know what, instead of linking all the threads, I just put in a link to the last one, the one about the He-Men.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...207-The-He-Men

You find links to my pther threads there.

And now something I cobbled together today.

The Beast Gods of Eternia

Besides the Ancients, there were several impressive animals that were worshiped in Preternia and for some time afterwards.
    This list is obviously not nearly complete.

Zoar
    While the eternian eagles had always been big, Zoar, first sighted shortly after the era of the Sorcerer Kings, was the biggest by far. The giant creature was also really long-lived and had a dominated a large territory with the Mystic Mountains in the center. The ape like Beast Men who would later become the Winged Tribe and then the Avionians worshiped it (the sex of the eagle has never been known) as well as the humans who would become the Eagle Tribe and many others. Zoar was, however, also feared, as it needed to eat a lot and was able to kill even the biggest livestock humans had. Creatures walking on two legs were not its prey, but some where killed when they attacked it.
    Some worshipers sacrificed livestock to it, some approached it as a rite of passage and tried to bring back a giant feather. Even to the giants, Zoar was a big creature that deserved respect and the occasional offering of dinosaur meat. They were less afraid, though, even touching the eagle on occasion.
    It is unknown when Zoar died, since at least one of its offspring was of similar size and often confused with it. It is known, however, that the Snake Men hunted down the biggest of the eternian eagles.
    After death, however, Zoar didn't rest. Its worshipers prayers reached it in the Spirit World and it sometimes manifested, in a visible form, in a vision or possessing a worshiper. It was unknown until diplomatic contact with the Avionians was finally established not too long ago, but the spirit Avios that gave them wings was none other than Zoar.
    The name Zoar came from the Eagle Tribe. The reason that this is the name it is known under in most of Eternia is that it was also the name of the second Sorceress of Grayskull who came from said tribe.

Sarcedon
    Sarcedon was a titanic snake, equally feared and respected. For some time he was a threat to the people of Eternia, but Ka found and tamed him. The human tribes seeing this event would later form the Snake Clan.
    Sarcedon went on to live in Ka's hidden domain. During the time when Ka was caring for the injured Serpos (and hiding him from King Hssss) the two giant snakes grew close and were often seen sunbathing together. When Hssss used the Medaillon of Serpos to force his god back under his command, Sarcedon reacted with fury and attacked the Snake Men army. While he killed many Snake Men, Hssss forced Serpos to fight him and Sarcedon nearly died in the fight against the bigger snake. Ka attempted to nurse Sarcedon back to health, but soon sacrificed himself to petrify Serpos. Sarcedon lived for some time in Ka's former domain but didn't do well. He barely moved, ate little and finally just died.
    Before meeting Serpos, Sarcedon did mate with several female snakes who were just big enough to make that possible. On of his descendants was found and enslaved by the Snake Men and later freed by Hordak, becoming the loyal guardian of the Fright Zone.

Spydor
    Nobody knows for sure how long the giant Spydor had already roamed the Canyon of Spiders. The first to worship him were the Arachna Spider Warriors. Those blue-skinned goblinoids came to Eternia via a magical portal created by the sorcerer warlord Lodar and were hired by him as mercenaries alongside Orcs, Torcs, Goblins and Kobolds. When King Gryskull's daughter defeted Lodar and destroyed the portal, they were stranded. Searching for a new home, they found the Canyon of Spiders that had giant spiders just like the ones they had domesticated at home. Encountering Spydor, however, they didn't even attempt to tame that creature, worshipping it instead and sacrificing everything from smaller spiders to prisoners to keep him content.
    After his death, the worship of Spydor only increased. His remains were magically preserved and became the center of the (small) Arachna civilization.
    The accounts of Sharella suggest that one day, old magic and technology will bring Spydor back to life in a different form, but we don't know any details.

Zoar an eagle? Not falcon?
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Nice you should also do Horokoth and Monstorid.

These all sound interesting
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Neophron View Post
    Zoar an eagle? Not falcon?
    This Zoar, yes. Later, Kuduk Ungol has a falcon named Zoar and even later, Teela Na's falcon form is called Zoar. But the first one is an eagle in this version. The idea comes from the german audio plays.

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    I covered Horokoth here:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...5-The-Ancients
    Last edited by Capeträger; March 16, 2019 at 03:38pm.

Monstorid? I think facet means Monstroid.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Neophron View Post
    Monstorid? I think facet means Monstroid.
    I guess so and now I noticed, that I did not answer that.
    Neither the original Monstroid nor the Monstroids from Filmation appear here so far, because in my version they have never been to Eternia. The heroes encounter them elsewhere. But I will find a place to tell about those, I think.