Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lets figure out the best parts reuse to minimize tooling so we could get our NA

Lets figure out the best parts reuse to minimize tooling so we could get our NA

With the disappointing news that 30th anniversary of NA brandishing no new classics figures, many fans of feel that the reality of finishing either of these two factions is becoming much more challenging. I feel the same way honestly, but it doesn't mean its the end, and as a community we need to figure out the easiest way for S7 to put these characters out, which means being creative about mixing and matching parts that we already have molds of, and only using new tooling where its really necessary (usually head, armor, weapon)

from our very own Val Staples "Let me start by saying, I want to see NA completed in CC. At least the original figure run from the 80s/90s, and hopefully a few choice characters from the cartoon.

So that said, let's not forget that NA has never been extremely popular with fans. Even when Classics started up, we didn't have fans lining up to see NA in the line. In fact, if you go through old discussions, you see multiple people talk about how they want many other things before getting to NA, out of fear they'd miss out on more popular MOTU characters, followed by POP characters.
    Also, if you check social media discussion, trends on Google, and discussion here on the forums, the 87 movie gets more traction than NA does.

I'm not saying this to rain on anyone's parade. I just think it's important we keep perspective.
    Super7, Mattel, Power-Con... none of us are against NA, and none of us are trying not to release NA figures. What it comes down to is releasing things that are felt to have the best chance at selling at this point in time, while keeping tabs on tooling/production costs. For us at Power-Con, for 2019, new tooling wasn't an option. And for Super7, the movie figures are in more demand than the NA characters.

jzachery is right. We're down to the characters that won't make everyone happy, no matter what is selected. But just because Super7 doesn't have immediate plans for NA doesn't mean there won't ever be plans for NA. So let's please not assume the worst.

IMO, the best thing you all can do is be supportive, and be positive or at least constructive with your feedback, which helps to push for good things. At the same time, I ask people try to be as objective as possible. Try to look at this from the business POV and not just from an individual fan request POV. MOTUC is going into it's 11th year. That's a very old toy line! It's going to need our support as a whole it if we want the line to keep going."

So in the spirit of trying to keep the dream alive of finishing these characters out, take a look at our existing parts library and create these NA characters, try to use as many as possible and where you have throw in new parts. This is what MOTUC has been about, this is how MOTU started, as a fan base if you want to see this as a reality, participate in problem solving the solution that might not have been thought of. A reality might be that we have to sacrifice unique legs for Butthead, in the interest of saving on tooling, but if it means getting the figure with Darius legs or dare i say it , Trap Jaw legs or nothing at all, i think may will sway towards getting the figure.

Another thing that also messes with their design, is that the figures and the Jetlag characters differed from slightly (Slushhead) to drastically(Hoove), my take on all NA Characters has always been to take the best elements of the two and combine them. But you do it your way and have fun with it.

Me and Uncle Jake did it a while back on the NA Thread, Figure Id just transfer it over hear to start things off. Its not over yet, have faith!

Uncle Jakes Recipes
    When I used make customs, I had recipes for all of the remaining NA's, minus heads and a few parts here and there. Most of the parts I planned were straight swaps from existing figures to avoid having to paint. The parts are there, if people are willing deal with fewer new toolings. I for one would gladly take less new tooled figures to get the NA's completed.

Here are my recipes:

KAYO

Head ???
    King He-Man Chest
    Horde Prime Arms
    Blast Attak Arms
    Strobo Loincloth
    Dare Legs
    Strong-Or Boots
    Vykron Belt
    Chief Carnivus Vest
    Icarius Wing
    Mosquitor Gun
    Vykron Helmet

VIZAR

Head ???
    Dekker Body, Arms & Legs
    Hydron Loincloth
    Optikk Left Arm, Boots, Pin & Gun
    Webstor Backpack
    Demo Man Band
    Icarius Head & Helmet

NOCTURNA

Head ???
    Keldor Body, Arms & Legs
    Blade Arms
    Icarius Loincloth
    Zodak Boots
    Ninjor Bow
    Batros Harness
    Demo Man Band
    Darius Helmet

SPINWIT

Head ???
    Snake Armor He-man Body
    Snout Spout Arms
    Batros Legs
    Darius Arms
    Saurod Boots
    King Randor Hands
    Sy-Klone Loincloth
    Icarius Armor
    (2) Icarius Arm Armor
    Hydron Trident

ARTILLA

Vykron Tank Head
    MultiBot Parts & Guns
    Flogg Arms

BUTTHEAD

Head ???
    Snake Man-At-Arms Body & Legs
    Optikk Arms
    Mighty Spector Boots
    Snout Spout Arms
    Dawg-O-Tor Armor
    Sky High Loincloth
    Bow Emblem
    Mekanek Long and Short Necks
    Slushhead Gun

STAGHORN

Head ???
    Trapjaw Body
    Batros Hands & Boots
    Mighty Spector Boots
    Flogg Armor
    Quakke Armor
    Icarius Loincloth
    Whiplash Gold Weapon

HOOVE

Head ???
    Optikk Body
    Standor Loincloth
    Darius Armor
    Intergalactic Skeletor Boots
    Saurod Gun

LIZORR

Squeeze Cast Head
    Darius Helmet
    Saurod Body & Armor
    Snake Face Loincloth
    Clawful Feet
    Optikk Gun

Facets Recipes
    Kayo

Attachment 114370
    Head Flipshot head
    King He-Man Chest
    Horde Prime arms(toy) or Flipshot arms (cartoon)
    Flipshot Loin or Stonedar Loin
    Dare Legs
    Strong-Or Boots or Geldor boots
    Could pull of the the darius armor
    New armor, weapon, helmet, and shield would all benefit him greatly including shoulder mounted rocket launcher from the blacksmith of creles
    I mean the loin, boots, and arms 100% but for the sake of using the existing parts library a good a good paint deco can make this character look awesome.

Vizar

Dekker body, shoulders and biceps,
    Goatman forearms and hands
    Hydron Legs and Loin or flipshot/seahawk loin
    Strongarm or Saurod boots
    Reworked He-ro or Dawgator armor
    Palace guard head
    New weapon, grappling hook, helmet
    He really would benefit from new armor and head

Spinwit

I actually started a custom of him, liked the way it was going
    Na Heman head with Dawgator visor
    Flipshot armor with neck removed, or dare armor
    Strongarm buck and arms or bow arms(more accurate)
    human hands
    Syclone Loin
    Snout Spout Legs
    Blast Attack boots
    New lower body Tornado effect in Ab Region(kinda like the addon that optikk had) weapon, and arm sheilds

Nocturna

Keldor buck and biceps
    DC batman or seahawk loin or snout spout loin
    hydron upper legs
    Saurod forearms and boots
    blade hands
    new head, neck collar, bandolier

Artilla

Vykron Tank head ( for toy version, minus gun)
    Twistoid biceps
    Multibot buck, Blue leg thighs,red hands and maybe loin
    Mosquitor feet
    New shoulders, forearms, lower legs (Tuskadors shoulder could work but i think they are too big)

Now onto the mutants
    Butthead

Lord Dactus buck
    Goatman arms OR oolar arms with mosquitor hands and space ace arm guards
    seahawk loin
    darius thighs
    manefaces lower legs
    extender neck extension
    Maybe goat man armor
    New head, armor piece and weapon
    He could benefit from new shoulders and boots although i think they could pull him off using existing parts

- - - Updated - - -

Lizzor

manefaces or king hiss shoulders
    lizard biceps ( not sure who has them, not snake faces, without the fins)
    Saurod lower legs
    squezze thighs
    whiplash feet
    Snake face loin
    New weapon, Armor, Backpack, head, helmet, and forearms
    Could certainly benefit from new shoulders, loin, thighs, boots
    Honestly if anyone needs new parts it would be Lizzor, IMO

- - - Updated - - -

Hoove

IG Skeletor buck, arms, legs
    Standor loin( from the cartoon perspective) or General Sunder loin (toy perspective)
    New head,helmet, armor and weapons(both blaster from hoove and too tall hoove figures)

Staghorn( no pics for him ran out of room)
    Dekker head reworked
    Lord dactus buck
    regular biceps
    Plundor Loin
    Darius Thighs
    manefaces feet
    Horde trooper Hands (from Toy Perspective)
    New Head, Helmet, antlers, armor, weapon, boots, forearms
    Last edited by facet; March 10, 2019 at 11:52pm. Reason: Updated recipes

The extra head that came with Flipshot could be remade with red hair for Kayo
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Very useful thread.
    Hope that can convince Super7 to make them because that is easier and less expensive than they thought
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

At the very least, Nocturna could be made with virtually no new tooling at all. You could even use a He-Man or Oo-larr head with the hair colored black. Obviously, I'd prefer he had a unique head, but if we had to get really creative, his hair is similar to Classics He-Man's.

Also, I made a custom Artilla using a lot of Multi-Bot parts, which worked well for him. Plus I used the Tank Top head as well. At some point I'll need to upload all of my NA customs that fill the gap (hopefully only temporarily) until official versions are made. At this point, I've made everyone except Butthead.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by wayne-klops; March 6, 2019 at 06:52am.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    At the very least, Nocturna could be made with virtually no new tooling at all. You could even use a He-Man or Oo-larr head with the hair colored black. Obviously, I'd prefer he had a unique head, but if we had to get really creative, his hair is similar to Classics He-Man's.

Good call on Nocturna! We need as many straight up repaints here as possible if we have any hope of ever seeing some of these!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    The extra head that came with Flipshot could be remade with red hair for Kayo
    Another good idea!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Also, I made a custom Artilla using a lot of Multi-Bot parts, which worked well for him. Plus I used the Tank Top head as well. At some point I'll need to upload all of my NA customs that fill the gap (hopefully only temporarily) until official versions are made. At this point, I've made everyone except Butthead.

I would love to see that these customs please upload them to the thread.

Laser Force Zodak has made some great customs NA customs using existing parts
    Crystoll

Recipe-Spirit of hordak buck, arms and head, added something to the top not sure what, saurod armor, karatti armor cut up a bit, flogg loin, squeeze thighs, flogg lower legs , sll mace

Kayo

Recipe- IG Skeletor buck,arms and legs, flipshot loins, strongarm boots, helmet is palace guard, face mask ?, Head ?, Darius armor, with lower half of stratos armor, Looks like flipshot missles from his wings. mosquitorgun and flipshot shield

Vizar

Recipe-Dekker buck, arms , palace guard head, tricolps visor altered, flipshot loin, green legs, bow boots, dragstor weapon, strobo weapon, i think dawgator armor, palace guard forearm armoo, and something on the thigh

Spinwit

Syclone head, NA Heman armor with shoulder pads added, half flipshot wing attached to wrist, bow arms, syclone loin, regular thighs and manefaces lower legs. hydron trident gun

and Heres my version of Spinwit

Recipe: i used a strong arm buck with 2 left arms, a syclone loin and snout spout legs, modified flipshot armor and a modified NA Heman head (created the visor using scupltie). Slush head calfs with he-ro feet. The design combines the toy version (colors of the armor and loin) and the Jetlag figure ( color of the legs and arms). I felt like the armor looks to much like flipshots, so the color change was in order. The weapon was created from parts from fodder bins. Made some wings using some ring pop holders and half of a flip shot wing. Also added some knee pads to the top of the boots him to make them look closer to the original.
    Last edited by facet; March 7, 2019 at 12:14am.

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    I had posted this elsewhere, but this thread seems to be the correct place, just a rough idea for Sagitar:

RE-USE:
    1) NA He-man torso and complete arms/hands for the upper part of Sagitar
    2) Ran-man's complete arms/hands and Tuskador's legs for the lower part of Sagitar
    3) Na He-man shield

NEW TOOLING:
    1) Head
    2) Armor and Sword
    3) A piece that would be the lower part buck integrating the reused parts gracefully (I would even try same Tuskador's buck if I had a spare figure for a proof of concept, in this case maybe we would just need a "neck" piece connecting the buck with an upper torso).

(If more re-use is needed I could even suggest Dawg-O-Tor's head and big Fisto's sword)
    Last edited by man-at-work; March 7, 2019 at 08:17am.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    I would love to see that these customs please upload them to the thread.

Laser Force Zodak has made some great customs NA customs using existing parts
    Crystoll
    https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-KRLOdXGMR...600/Slide1.JPG
    Recipe-Spirit of hordak buck, arms and head, added something to the top not sure what, saurod armor, karatti armor cut up a bit, flogg loin, squeeze thighs, flogg lower legs , sll mace

Kayo
    https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-RI3pwbGP2...600/Slide1.JPG
    Recipe- IG Skeletor buck,arms and legs, flipshot loins, strongarm boots, helmet is palace guard, face mask ?, Head ?, Darius armor, with lower half of stratos armor, Looks like flipshot missles from his wings. mosquitorgun and flipshot shield

Vizar
    https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2869/3...3fa4cab2_b.jpg
    Recipe-Dekker buck, arms , palace guard head, tricolps visor altered, flipshot loin, green legs, bow boots, dragstor weapon, strobo weapon, i think dawgator armor, palace guard forearm armoo, and something on the thigh

Spinwit
    https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/346/31...be3ca29e_b.jpg
    Syclone head, NA Heman armor with shoulder pads added, half flipshot wing attached to wrist, bow arms, syclone loin, regular thighs and manefaces lower legs. hydron trident gun

and Heres my version of Spinwit
    http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...nwit0_full.jpg
    Recipe: i used a strong arm buck with 2 left arms, a syclone loin and snout spout legs, modified flipshot armor and a modified NA Heman head (created the visor using scupltie). Slush head calfs with he-ro feet. The design combines the toy version (colors of the armor and loin) and the Jetlag figure ( color of the legs and arms). I felt like the armor looks to much like flipshots, so the color change was in order. The weapon was created from parts from fodder bins. Made some wings using some ring pop holders and half of a flip shot wing. Also added some knee pads to the top of the boots him to make them look closer to the original.
    I just added my NA customs to the custom section of the forums. I hope you enjoy!

CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    I had posted this elsewhere, but this thread seems to be the correct place, just a rough idea for Sagitar:

RE-USE:
    1) NA He-man torso and complete arms/hands for the upper part of Sagitar
    2) Ran-man's complete arms/hands and Tuskador's legs for the lower part of Sagitar
    3) Na He-man shield

NEW TOOLING:
    1) Head
    2) Armor and Sword
    3) A piece that would be the lower part buck integrating the reused parts gracefully (I would even try same Tuskador's buck if I had a spare figure for a proof of concept, in this case maybe we would just need a "neck" piece connecting the buck with an upper torso).

(If more re-use is needed I could even suggest Dawg-O-Tor's head and big Fisto's sword)
    I just added my NA customs to the custom section of the forums. I hope you enjoy!

Thats a great idea about the two different bucks, The upper one would be smaller then the lower one, think that would look really cool. some custom maker should do it.

Wanye-clops,love these customs , gonna steal some of these recipes to make customs of them. Think that would almost finish off the NA customs i wanna do, except Grot and Andros.

Heroic Warrior
    Lots of great ideas here! I wonder how feasible it is, though, because Super 7 has been mostly making new tooling and doesn't have the full catalog of parts from the entire line.

I do hope we get at least all of the Space Mutants. I'm definitely not an NA fan by any means, hated the toon and line as a kid, but the Horsemen treatment has really made me like them as part of my fandom of MOTU Classics. It would be a shame not to finish it out.

I also see this line as a celebration of all iterations of these characters, and want to see them all celebrated. Just because NA isn't my number 1 choice, I understand my choices also don't speak for everyone and I really hope for the NA fans out there they get the figures they deserve just like I have.

Evil Master of Spaghetti Kobra Khan's Avatar
    Thank you so so much for creating this thread. It gives me hope!
    Pasta la vista, baby!

NA in MOTUC, 10 more to go! Artilla, Butthead, Hoove, Kayo, Lizorr, Nocturna, Sagitar, Spinwit, Staghorn, Vizar.

Quote Originally Posted by snake_mole_hill View Post
    Lots of great ideas here! I wonder how feasible it is, though, because Super 7 has been mostly making new tooling and doesn't have the full catalog of parts from the entire line.

I do hope we get at least all of the Space Mutants. I'm definitely not an NA fan by any means, hated the toon and line as a kid, but the Horsemen treatment has really made me like them as part of my fandom of MOTU Classics. It would be a shame not to finish it out.

I also see this line as a celebration of all iterations of these characters, and want to see them all celebrated. Just because NA isn't my number 1 choice, I understand my choices also don't speak for everyone and I really hope for the NA fans out there they get the figures they deserve just like I have.
    From my understanding, and please if you have knowledge from a confirmed source that i don't, all existing tooling still exists, they just need to access it. They are making alot of of new tooling especially for the CG figures, but alot of it isnt reusable because its not armor, its the actually torso, chopper for instance. This thread shows how much stuff is reusable, if your cleaver in the way you use it, and the best way for that to be shown is thru visuals like what King Tamusk has done on the Fwoosh and Customs of each of these characters.

And for the sake of having some visual to refer to for Sagitar and Staghorn here are the cartoon and toy figures to visualize what parts can be used for them
    Staghorn

Sagitar

Last edited by facet; April 1, 2019 at 11:45pm.

snake armor heman head could work well for an unhelmeted nocturna

Heroic Warrior
    snake armor heman head could work well for an unhelmeted nocturna
    http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Mattel/...assics-005.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/AVJWu5E.jpg
    Brian Flynn has said that because they aren't using the Mattel factory, they have had to make new tooling as they go. So, sadly accessible tooling is only from what Super 7 has made.

Brian Flynn has said that because they aren't using the Mattel factory, they have had to make new tooling as they go. So, sadly accessible tooling is only from what Super 7 has made.
    When did he say that, from what I understood he had access.

Heroic Warrior
    I understand the need for parts reuse but I really really hate when they reuse heads. Variants I get, but not on the new characters please. New heads at the very least. I’m all good with massive parts reuse on anything else to get these characters.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahthatsme1973 View Post
    I understand the need for parts reuse but I really really hate when they reuse heads. Variants I get, but not on the new characters please. New heads at the very least. I’m all good with massive parts reuse on anything else to get these characters.
    I agree when it comes to new figures heads armor weapons those are at least what we should expect, always looking for that. But the grim circumstances we face with these na figures has me srconging for ideas.

Heroic Warrior
    When did he say that, from what I understood he had access.
    It's come up in multiple Q&A's and interviews. Originally they were going to move forward at the Mattel factory, which is what they did with the first Ultimates. Unfortunately there was costing issues that made it unfeasible to continue making them there, and Super 7 started using factory partners they already worked with. Brian also has stated that much of the older tooling is degraded and unusable, so even at the Mattel factory a lot would have to be re-tooled.

It's come up in multiple Q&A's and interviews. Originally they were going to move forward at the Mattel factory, which is what they did with the first Ultimates. Unfortunately there was costing issues that made it unfeasible to continue making them there, and Super 7 started using factory partners they already worked with. Brian also has stated that much of the older tooling is degraded and unusable, so even at the Mattel factory a lot would have to be re-tooled.
    Man what a waste. This is going to be a mess.

I really hope Super 7 can make the rest of the NA characters. Especially Hoove, Lizor, Artilla, Nocturna and Vizar.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I really hope Super 7 can make the rest of the NA characters. Especially Hoove, Lizor, Artilla, Nocturna and Vizar.
    Same! Here's hoping to get the NA faction completed!
    It's a big part of why I keep supporting to buy all regular releases of super7 motuc/club grayskull even if I feel conflicted about some choices.
    MOTU WANTS: Songster "Kevin Corrigan", Kittrina, Illumina, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Drissi, Caz Spritina, Sprag, Sprocker, Hunga the Harpy, Green Reptile Mask of Power Demon, Purple Wolf Mask of Power Demon, Lizorr, Hoove, Butthead, Staghorn, Colonel Blast, Monster Riders of Morc
    FILMATION: Battle Cat, Ram Man, Stratos Whiplash
    =>MOTU-Classics-Checklist

This is confusing, tooling is a problem for S7, and I think we've asked a lot of times if they have access to Mattel's library. I think the answer has roughly resembled a "Yes" ( I don't know why we never get stright answers to this). So, even when they have access to this library, they´re not using it, right? Because it seems they can only use it in Mattel´s factory (this is my speculation), they cannot simply take them to their own factory.

On the other hand, my understanding is that we're being encourgaed to propose reuse for Power-Con exclusives. So they are being manufactured in Mattel's factory with the tools library we're used to . So I have to conclude those tools are not so degraded as we're being told.

I would like someone to confirm this explicitly, or explain the real thing (instead of stating this has been addressed in previous Q&A rounds) because this is confusing.

If this is the case, everything is new toooling for S7 except for their own tools developed through 3 waves of CC and 4 waves of CG... not even the first Ultimates.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    This is confusing, tooling is a problem for S7, and I think we've asked a lot of times if they have access to Mattel's library. I think the answer has roughly resembled a "Yes" ( I don't know why we never get stright answers to this). So, even when they have access to this library, they´re not using it, right? Because it seems they can only use it in Mattel´s factory (this is my speculation), they cannot simply take them to their own factory.

On the other hand, my understanding is that we're being encourgaed to propose reuse for Power-Con exclusives. So they are being manufactured in Mattel's factory with the tools library we're used to . So I have to conclude those tools are not so degraded as we're being told.

I would like someone to confirm this explicitly, or explain the real thing (instead of stating this has been addressed in previous Q&A rounds) because this is confusing.

If this is the case, everything is new toooling for S7 except for their own tools developed through 3 waves of CC and 4 waves of CG... not even the first Ultimates.
    That's correct, their tooling library is limited to what they have made past the first Ultimates. They have mentioned there can be special cases for some items, i.e. the Mattel factory produced Stridor for them. But the figures are going to continue at their current factory with new tooling as needed as of now. Whether that could ever change I have no clue, but I know it comes down to a costing issue.

As far as Power-con, that's a good question for the folks in charge. Last year all the exclusives had new tooling.

So decided to try out one of my recipes, using only parts from existing motuc figures only special piece was a neck guard which was just the top of a tooth paste tube, he’s not not even painted but I gotta say he looks close already. What do you think? nocturna (WIP).jpg4FABE9BE-8201-4511-95B2-B7FA871EC162.jpeg

- - - Updated - - -

Did a mock up of vizar last night , almost all motuc parts, just the helmet were from something else, but lower legs could have easily been Darius boots. Let me know what you think. vizar WIp.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by facet; March 28, 2019 at 12:19am.

So decided to try out one of my recipes, using only parts from existing motuc figures only special piece was a neck guard which was just the top of a tooth paste tube, he’s not not even painted but I gotta say he looks close already. What do you think? nocturna (WIP).jpg4FABE9BE-8201-4511-95B2-B7FA871EC162.jpeg

- - - Updated - - -

Did a mock up of vizar last night , almost all motuc parts, just the lower legs and the helmet were from something else, but lower legs could have easily been Darius boots. Let me know what you think. 2D21EF40-07B8-447D-84BB-4BFD13FEEF3A.jpg
    Both look cool!