The he-men before he-man

I forget about their names.
    I think motuC made those ideas or?

They came after king grayskul
    One was Wun-dar? Right?
    There was also a woman wjo tuened into he man if i am right

Not sure.

Can anyone help?

Vikor was one of the first. "He-Man of the North", he was active not long after the death of King Grayskull, and faced down many horrible threats, including (but not limited to!) The Crimson Countess.

Vikor.jpg

Shortly thereafter, He-Ra stepped into action.

He-Ra concept art.jpg

Although as far as I know, she never actually laid hands on the actual Power Sword, she did do a tremendous service to the forces of good, by helping to prevent King Hsss and his Snake Men from escaping their imprisonment in the Void. He-Ra's paternal grandfather is He-Ro, and her maternal grandfather is King Grayskull, so to say that she has "got it going on", legacy-wise, is something of an understatement!

After this, there is a HUGE blank spot in our knowledge of the historic men of He. Literally thousands of years pass, without a single name or memorable action being acknowledged.

About 50 years before the birth of Prince Adam, Vykron puts in his appearance.

Vykron.jpg

While a worthy and versatile combatant, Vykron is also known to have never gotten anywhere near the Sword of Power, and his most famous footnote is the way he died, torn in two in Choloh's Vine Jungle arena by the vicious Gygor.

Then: Oo-Larr!

Oo-Larr.jpg

Operating for a brief period just before the birth of Prince Adam, this savage jungle "He-Man" made sure that a lot of the earliest Masters of The Universe stories were able to remain "canon" in an all-encompassing MoTU mythos.

And then, of course, came Prince Adam himself. And after him, his son, Dare, the Second He-Ro.

He-Ro II.jpg

If there are any others I'm forgetting, I'm sure that someone else will be able to fill you in.

Take Care! :^)
    Last edited by Snake_Man; November 18, 2018 at 06:14pm.
    "Listen Closely-- This is the TRUTH, No mere Myth!"

Heroic Warrior
    Well, if you go by the Classics biographies, you had Vikor just after King Grayskull's death, and Wun-Dar 100 years before Prince Adam. Vykron came later (50 years before Adam), but he's not really mentioned as a He-Man, so he might not count.

But probably the most important was Oo-Larr, who held the title right before Prince Adam. (This character, of course, was the real He-Man in the early minicomics.)

Personally I don't like the biographies, but there is obvious merit in trying to define a lineage of He-Man warriors.

Bios for the above can be found here: http://www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk/frame.html.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks both

Very very much

I dont like the idea of other he man.
    It's weird and confuses me.

- - - Updated - - -

I would love only our he man and king grayskull.

King grayskulls backstory should be: Oo-Larr

He's a barbarian. Lives in the jungle. Does not know he is a king. Fights demo-man ectr

Rescues green goddess. She trains him and then he found out he is the lost son of a grayskull king or something like this

Then the story we all know starts

I like the idea, but the timeline for the bios was far too compacted. It should have been hundreds or 1000s of years between He-Men, so that the tales were largely lost to history in all but vague descriptions.

You definitely might want to add He-Ro in there as well. He's before/ alongside King Grayskull, but he is part of the mythos.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

I would love a Wun-dar comic.

I would really enjoy a Vikor 1-shot. I would also like to see Oo-lar, still alive and well, come out of 'retirement' to help in a new story. In my world, not every previous He-Man must die tragically.

Actually, a mini series or ongoing about previous He-Men could be pretty cool. Imagine the new characters!
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; November 18, 2018 at 05:16pm.
    Odd Man Out

Two "Hemen" who we havent gotten yet who I think deserve a spot would be
    Torak
    torak.jpg

and Tony Guerrero He-man aka "Megaton" (unused heman name from when the line was still in development)
    tg heman.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    Torak
    torak.jpg

and Tony Guerrero He-man aka "Megaton" (unused heman name from when the line was still in development)
    tg heman.jpg
    Yes, I think that a Tony Guerrero He-Man would be awesome... and, well overdue.

Also, wasn't a thread already started for this very topic a bit ago?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Torak
    torak.jpg

tg heman.jpg

Megaton??

Never heard of.
    Tell us more please

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Yes, I think that a Tony Guerrero He-Man would be awesome... and, well overdue.

Also, wasn't a thread already started for this very topic a bit ago?
    Yes there was

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jayk View Post
    Megaton??

Never heard of.
    Tell us more please

Page 11 of the power and honor foundation book had a unused name for the character called megaton, I’ll send a photo when I get home

Heroic Warrior
    Thank you

Please do it :-)

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Great compilation so far. I'm in for an all-inclusive lineage of he-men, and not only the material from Classics. So I definitely include Tony Guerrero's He-man (let's call him Megaton then), Mark Taylor's Torak, He-Ro, King Grayskull himself, and if we're going this road, I would include Roger Sweet's Vykron as well, that character deserves the title since the toyline started based on that prototype (I never liked the treatment that the character got in Classics, just an irrelevant gladiator). And of course, Wun-dar and He-Ro II.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

tg heman.jpg
    Isn't this what became Vikor?

Quote Originally Posted by Arek Brimstone View Post
    Isn't this what became Vikor?
    I may be wrong, but I think I read somewhere that Vikor was a sketch by Mark Taylor, while the figure named in this thread as Megaton was a prototype made by Tony Guerrero on behalf of Roger Sweet. Of course, all of them tried to depict the concept of the new hero that would become He-Man, but I think both came from different artists as ideas to represent same character..
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    I may be wrong, but I think I read somewhere that Vikor was a sketch by Mark Taylor, while the figure named in this thread as Megaton was a prototype made by Tony Guerrero on behalf of Roger Sweet. Of course, all of them tried to depict the concept of the new hero that would become He-Man, but I think both came from different artists as ideas to represent same character..
    You are correct sir. He also created the character who later became known as Demo-Man...

We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    The he-men before he-man
    I forget about their names.
    I think motuC made those ideas or?
    Like Snake_Man said. One important thing in MOTUClassics lore. Is that while those He-Men were there to protect the half-sword. It was Prince Adam who actually tapped into the power of the (now) whole Powersword and became He-Man.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

B7F11B94-F6C0-413E-B5A3-A2914DCC66A8.jpg
    Sorry for the crappy photo it was megaton man but think megaton will suffice
    Thank you

Please do it :-)

Heroic Warrior
    Thank you very very much

Dont get why he was never mentioned in both netflix docus

Not sure honestly forgotten part of history maybe

Ah, okay. Thanks!

Heroic Warrior
    So it was like this ?
    The history of creating he man

1. Mark Taylors Thorak

2. Rodger Sweets Vikron

3. Rodger Sweets and Tony Guerreros Megator

4. Mark Taylor's Vikor

Then:

5. Ooh lar

So it was like this ?
    The history of creating he man

1. Mark Taylors Thorak

2. Rodger Sweets Vikron

3. Rodger Sweets and Tony Guerreros Megator

4. Mark Taylor's Vikor

Then:

5. Ooh lar
    After some researching, this is what I think is the correct order:

1. The original wielder of the sword of He es He-Ro.
    2. Then the sword is handed over to King Grayskull.

And now we try to invent a chronology based on actual precedence of concepts for the real toy figure:
    3. Torak (Mark Taylor, 1979)
    4. Vikor (Mark Taylor, don't know the year, but this was actually a sketch for the Conan toy line aborted at Mattel, but this sketch inspired the barbarian theme for He-Man)
    5. Vykron (Roger Sweet, 1981)
    6. Tony Guerrero's sculpt (this was a late prototype that even was almost stolen by a boy participating in the user acceptance test for this concept, the line was already about to be produced)

Back to the story as taken from bios:
    7. Wun-dar supposedly appeared after the vintage line was in the market, but story-wise he's prior to Oo-Larr
    8. Oo-Larr's bio clearly state he was the last of the He-Men before Adam.

9. Prince Adam
    10. He-Ro II (Dare)
    Last edited by man-at-work; November 23, 2018 at 08:48am.

I'd love to find out what happened to Oo-Lar.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Heroic Warrior
    After some researching, this is what I think is the correct order:

1. The original wielder of the sword of He es He-Ro.
    2. Then the sword is handed over to King Grayskull.

And now we try to invent a chronology based on actual precedence of concepts for the real toy figure:
    3. Torak (Mark Taylor, 1979)
    4. Vikor (Mark Taylor, don't know the year, but this was actually a sketch for the Conan toy line aborted at Mattel, but this sketch inspired the barbarian theme for He-Man)
    5. Vykron (Roger Sweet, 1981)
    6. Tony Guerrero's sculpt (this was a late prototype that even was almost stolen by a boy participating in the user acceptance test for this concept, the line was already about to be produced)

Back to the story as taken from bios:
    7. Wun-dar supposedly appeared after the vintage line was in the market, but story-wise he's prior to Oo-Larr
    8. Oo-Larr's bio clearly state he was the last of the He-Men before Adam.

9. Prince Adam
    10. He-Ro II (Dare)
    Judging from the Bios, Vikor seems to come right after Grayskull.
    Torak ... can they use Torak? I don't know. But he gives off a stone age vibe, so I would actually put him in an age before Grayskull.
    And Vykron wasn't a He-Man at all, just a gladiator.

(In my personal canon, I have Oo-Lar and Wun-Dar switched around era-wise, but that has nothing to do with classics.)

I'm not completely comfortable with calling all the guardians of the sword He-Men, but it's what Mattel did, so I will go with it, I think.
    Last edited by Capeträger; November 24, 2018 at 08:41am.