Thread: Super7 Masters of the Universe ReAction blind boxes

Super7 Masters of the Universe ReAction blind boxes

They are now available. This was just posted on Instagram by Super7:

Screenshot_20190306-172416.jpg

I personally am not interested in these due to the fact that the card art is half of the reason that I enjoy collecting the ReAction figures.
    Last edited by depp76; March 6, 2019 at 05:46pm.

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    They are now available. This was just posted on Instagram by Super7:

Screenshot_20190306-172416.jpg

I personally am not interested in these due to the fact that the card art is half of the reason that I enjoy collecting the ReAction figures.
    Are these going to retail stores or just available on S7's website?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

Quote Originally Posted by nickdoobs View Post
    Are these going to retail stores or just available on S7's website?

S7 and then eventually BBTS Im sure.

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    S7 and then eventually BBTS Im sure.
    Looks like they're available wholesale so some specialty toy stores may also carry them.

Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

Available specifically where on the site, though?
    I'm having trouble locating these.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Available specifically where on the site, though?
    I'm having trouble locating these.
    Super7.com...scroll down to Featured Collections and then just swipe left over the circles to scroll over and see them.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Thank you!
    Sure thing!

Heroic Podcaster
    I want them but $240 plus tax plus shipping for a complete collection is ludicrous. And you end up with 8 extras you don't need or want. Why didn't they just card these? Even these small indie toylines cant resist changing packaging on a whim, leaving completionists and MOC collectors in the lurch.

Really want the cartoon colors. Couldn't care less about gold-this and invisible-that and metallic-this-other-thing.

Super7, I would have paid $15 each for all 16 of these even though they are simple repaints. Plus tax, plus shipping, the whole deal. I hope jumping on this blind box bandwagon is a great success for you but I won't be contributing.

Put these on cards like they always should have been and we can talk.
    THE VINTAGE-TO-CLASSICS COUNTDOWN IS COMPLETE!!!

Yeah, I dunno know about these now... LOL. I got excited and put both in my cart and saw the total and told myself: "Snake Mountain", and quickly deleted them. I don't want to sell the extras at a loss and will probably just wait to see if these turn up in any local shops and maybe buy one or two here and there. After the initial excitement eased up, I realized these aren't necessarily things I need to rush to get.

The blind boxing has to go. It works for toys that little kids might grab at the checkout or for stuff that sits in bins at the store to grab as stocking stuffers. Items that adult collectors are probably only ever going to find online have no business being blind boxed, though. That just makes no sense. I've stopped buying stuff like this because it just seems to ridiculous.

We need Toyguru and Mattel's lawyers to come in and remind Super7 that they could be guilty of conducting an interstate lottery. Remember that?
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Court Magician
    I don't need several duplicate figures, and I'm not wild about these specific repaints so I will be passing on this.

I did buy the first wave of Alien blind box figures, but I was fine having extra xenomorphs as they are not unique characters.

So I have pre-ordered both of the 12 box sets, but as i haven't been opening the Reaction figures, leaving them on card, not actually sure what I will do when they arrive. Would much rather have these on card to display with the rest of my figures.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Unmotivated webcomicker KidTDragon's Avatar
    Are the non-variants just straight reissues of the carded figures? I haven't noticed any deco changes in the pictures I've seen.
    Track your MotU collection at shmax.com!

Almost Comics: Occasionally updated. Occasionally funny.

XBL Gamertag: KidTDragon
    PSN User ID: KidTDragon
    Nintendo Network ID: KidTDragon
    Steam: KidTDragon

Quote Originally Posted by KidTDragon View Post
    Are the non-variants just straight reissues of the carded figures? I haven't noticed any deco changes in the pictures I've seen.
    The figures appear to be in Filmation colours as opposed to the original releases - Skeletor's Havok Staff has the bone rams head, Trap Jaw and Beast-man definitely cartoon colours, Teela has more of the cartoon gold on her bodysuit and Orko's scarf is a different colour. Not sure how or if He-man and Duncan or Mer-man are different.
    Last edited by Swanmarsh; March 10, 2019 at 05:20pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    The figures appear to be in Filmation colours as opposed to the original releases - Skeletor's Havok Staff has the bone rams head, Skeletor and Beast-man definitely cartoon colours, Teela has more of the cartoon gold on her bodysuit and Orko's scarf is a different colour. Not sure how or if He-man and Duncan or Mer-man are different.
    Ah, yes, I see, now that I've actually bothered to look at both side-by-side.

It looks like blind box He-Man has orange bracers and a belt, Mer-Man has painted gloves and boots, and Man-At-Arms has a blue belt. Cool. I feel less stupid about buying a box of each knowing that there are deco changes (minor as they may be).

Master of Disasters MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Iím happy with my carded versions with the amazing artwork. I donít plan to get in on the blind boxes. Iíve never been a fan of buying the unknown. I like to know what Iím getting upfront so I donít waste money on doubles and time on having to sell them off.
    MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Filmation Buzz-Off, Filmation Sy-Klone, Ice Armor He-Man

Heroic Warrior
    The blind stuff really must appeal to retailers. As a collector, it's not fun to me.
    Oh and $10 for a blind box but $15 for the carded known figure. Hmmm....Wonder what these 3.75 really cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Yin Chan Vo View Post
    The blind stuff really must appeal to retailers. As a collector, it's not fun to me.
    Oh and $10 for a blind box but $15 for the carded known figure. Hmmm....Wonder what these 3.75 really cost?
    Keep in mind that the carded figures all have unique packaging, whereas the blind boxes are all sharing the same packaging. That's going to bring down the overall production costs some when you can use the same box for 8 different figures.

what is the point of these if they are already on cards and you know who you are getting.?

this blind box craze is something i don't understand, i get it with trading cards but with something like a costly action figure where you buy two and end up with two skeletors? not for me.
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

Widget
    Yeah, I'm with you guys, not going to spend money on blind box items when they are already costly from the start. Similarly, I'd really like to get a set of the Keshi MOTU POP and Evil Horde, but $4 per box, and $192 both of the flats? Come on, Super 7.

Heroic Warrior
    Have these been seen at retailers yet? I’d pick up a couple, but not a case.

BBTS has pictures of the variants that are included in these Grayskull and Snake Mountain Reaction cases. They are either translucent or metallic/GITD, and Orko is glitter translucent.

Midnight Shadow Skeletor
    Invisible Energy Mer Man
    Ghost Beast Man
    GITD Metallic Trap Jaw

Transforming He-Man
    GITD Metallic Man-at-arms
    Golden Goddess Teela
    Magic Orko

And yes the regular versions have Filmation color schemes.

If these were carded it would be a different story for me. But with them being in blind boxes and no card art, I am out. Plus you end up with 8 unnecessary duplicates.
    Last edited by depp76; April 5, 2019 at 10:18pm.

Received my blind box cases from BBTS today. I have mostly been a MOC collector of the ReAction figures but really happy to have these core cast members loose. The variants look incredibly nice in hand.

Also, I was lucky to maintain fully sealed blind boxes for the doubles of regular Teela, Orko, Skeletor, Trap Jaw and Mer-man. This was a fortunate bonus.

I may open some of my doubles of MOC earlier waves to expand my new loose display.

Heroic Warrior

I was excited to add these fellows to my collection. I like that their Filmation flavor makes them a little different from their vintage counterparts. I got a great deal from Sneaky Peteís.