Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Super7 Conan license question? - He-Man's / 3.75 or 6"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    That'd be cool!
    This would be great!

Off the top of my dome here's who'd i'd like aside from who they've announced.

Conan King
    Conan pit
    Conan with the war paint
    Conan destroyer with & without clothes
    Wizard guy from destroyer with that red cap (man that would be awesome)
    Andre's monster at end of destroyer
    Wilts character
    mako (I think that was his name)
    grace jones character
    the girl & thief guy in a two pack
    the evil lady
    Thulsa doom, one as snake & robe.

I apologize for not having the correct names, too lazy to look them up. But i'd buy all these.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Uncle View Post
    I'm not a licensing expert either, but I'm guessing the Arnold movies are something completely different, especially when it comes to using the likenesses of actors.

Licensing and selling toys is weird. For example, NECA is making Ninja Turtles figures (normally Playmates makes TMNT) but NECA is allowed to make figures based on how much the figures cost and where they sell them (i.e. GameStop and the electronics section of Target, where Playmates is not present).

Funko did show of a 5.5" x line of Conan figures based on Conan the Barbarian (it was part of their Savage World line), but I haven't heard much about it after they showed it some time last year.
    From what I gather, Funko long planned to do Conan in October 2019 as 5.5 but had QC issues with a single run of Thundercats and DC Primal Age in 2018. While they changed factories in 2019 and fixed the QC issues (the 2019 stuff is their best stuff), the sales nosedived and they let the Conan license lapse. Basically, wave 2 Thundercats and MAYBE wave 3 and 4 Primal Age will happen depending on those sales numbers but management is leaning towards abandoning the 5.5 format. TCats wave 2 is definite. DC wave 3 is maybe and wave 4 is unlikely.

Some of the DC stuff leaked and sounded interesting. Deathstroke, Ninja Batman (I think?) it was not the predictable stuff.

But the Conan stuff was basically not something they could hit the sales numbers they wanted for it at the $12.99 price.

Why is the Super 7 Conan's swords out of scale? I know the 4 Horsemen have taken liberties with some sculpts not being true to the source material but the sword looks to be taller than the figure! It should be just over half that length.
    conan.jpgconan figure.jpg
    At least NECA made the sword the right size.
    conan neca.jpg
    I wish NECA had the Conan licence and was making Ultimate figures. Hopefully when the new Conan movie comes out.
    Last edited by Mark M; October 22, 2019 at 09:09am.

Heroic Warrior
    Pre orders for the Conan figures (and Andre the Giant) are supposed to be starting today.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcr4 View Post
    Pre orders for the Conan figures (and Andre the Giant) are supposed to be starting today.
    The Conan figures are available, however, they're hidden. You have to go to the Andre pre-order and scroll through other items, and the Conan figures show up. The strange thing is, its not the same Conan figure shown at SDCC. It's the gladiator Conan before he's free to become a barbarian.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Don't understand why they changed Conan's head sculpt. The prototype looked fantastic! While the new closed mouth head looks fine the open mouth portrait looks…off. I'll be getting Conan and Thulsa Doom…can't justify getting the other two at $45 a pop. Thankfully Entertainment Earth has them and won't charge till they ship. I'm really surprised Super7 didn't do an exclusive snake head for Thulsa that would only come with the order if you got all 4 figs direct from Super7. Lost opportunity for both fans and for Super7 to boost sales.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Brian made a comment that the version shown at SDCC was the Conan the Destroyer version and would probably be released in another wave.

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Don't understand why they changed Conan's head sculpt. The prototype looked fantastic! While the new closed mouth head looks fine the open mouth portrait looks…off. I'll be getting Conan and Thulsa Doom…can't justify getting the other two at $45 a pop. Thankfully Entertainment Earth has them and won't charge till they ship. I'm really surprised Super7 didn't do an exclusive snake head for Thulsa that would only come with the order if you got all 4 figs direct from Super7. Lost opportunity for both fans and for Super7 to boost sales.
    The biggest omission from Thulsa Doom is his lack of bow and snake arrow.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    Brian made a comment that the version shown at SDCC was the Conan the Destroyer version and would probably be released in another wave.

Ahh gotcha. I can live with that explanation. Hopefully if/when that one comes we also get Grace Jones' Zula!

Super 7's Barry Smith Conan has started popping up on the internet.

From what I've seen, he looks great... no shiny plastic, good amount of shading used on the flesh, good likeness to the source (although, still way too buff...)

I'm a sucker for anything Conan, so this is still exciting to me! (But not as much as Mezco's One:12 version coming soon!)

Also, Toy-Bro did a great review of the figure here:

We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Super 7's Barry Smith Conan has started popping up on the internet.

From what I've seen, he looks great... no shiny plastic, good amount of shading used on the flesh, good likeness to the source (although, still way too buff...)

I'm a sucker for anything Conan, so this is still exciting to me! (But not as much as Mezco's One:12 version coming soon!)

https://i1.wp.com/thefwoosh.com/wp-c...ize=768%2C1062

https://i1.wp.com/thefwoosh.com/wp-c...size=768%2C845

https://i2.wp.com/thefwoosh.com/wp-c...ize=768%2C1058

Also, Toy-Bro did a great review of the figure here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnbuX4WZnRQ
    Mine arrived yesterday. I’m very happy with it, but I’m a MiB collector so I can’t comment on the figure beyond that. The box is awesome though. I’m on the fence about Mezco figure. I love Frazetta, a fellow Brooklynite (and my part of Brooklyn) but don’t normally collect their line. I’d LOVE a Buscema version in the future. I just discovered a Toy Bro channel yesterday while looking for reviews. I subbed. Seems like a great channel for Mythic Legion reviews as well.
    I had an opportunity to be Barry’s assistant in 96 or 97 but didn’t follow through with it. I always regretted it but I’m way to young to retire and with the state of the comic industry right now I like to think I was wise to go down another carrier path.

The face sculpts and paint apps are terrible looking. Completely ruin the figure.
    Hopefully Hasbro can release a superior comic Conan in Marvel Legends.

I'm sorry and I'll keep it short, but in summary, you'd never know that was a $35 figure at retail.

Did Super7 ever release or are going to release that awesome Conan figure that was a spitting image of Arnold that they showed last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Did Super7 ever release or are going to release that awesome Conan figure that was a spitting image of Arnold that they showed last year?
    Not yet.

Super 7 has a "Quarter 2" release date scheduled for series 1 of the Conan movie figures.

I think that would normally translate to summer/early fall 2020...

I assume you mean the Conan the Destroyer figure they showed first and not that terrible Pit Fighter figure...
    No word on the Destroyer figure.

Not yet.

Super 7 has a "Quarter 2" release date scheduled for series 1 of the Conan movie figures.

I think that would normally translate to summer/early fall 2020...
    Ok, so maybe the Arnold version will be in the second wave, sometime in 2021.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I assume you mean the Conan the Destroyer figure they showed first and not that terrible Pit Fighter figure...
    No word on the Destroyer figure.
    Yes, the Destroyer prototype that looked exactly like Arnold - it was brilliant and I must have it!

Heroic Warrior
    Ok, so maybe the Arnold version will be in the second wave, sometime in 2021.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, the Destroyer prototype that looked exactly like Arnold - it was brilliant and I must have it!
    Yeah Brian said recently that Destroyer Conan got moved to wave 2 (or maybe he just said specifically a future wave, I forget).

Conan the Barbarian Update:

Looks preeeeety good.... but there is just something about the buck that seems off to me. He looks almost too squat or something...?

https://www.figures.com/wordpress/wp..._o-816x408.jpg

https://www.figures.com/wordpress/wp...16634982_o.jpg

Looks preeeeety good.... but there is just something about the buck that seems off to me. He looks almost too squat or something...?
    The MOTUC buckbis no good for realistic proportions.
    Also the face sculpts look awful.
    Why can't they just give him a natural unhelmeted head.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    The MOTUC buckbis no good for realistic proportions.
    Also the face sculpts look awful.
    Why can't they just give him a natural unhelmeted head.
    Yeah, I don't know what they're going for with that second head... they already have the pit-fighter Conan coming out, so there is no need for another version of his unkempt portrait.

Why not just a natural (or even an angry) head without the flowing hair?

I think it might be the delts. It looks like they may have tooled new shoulders so he could do that pose from the movie. They look odd in the more natural pose.

Just like the current Conan, this next Conan will be a hit for the Conan and Arnold fans.. Finally nice something is being made to the MOTUC buck to make it different at least, to distinguished this Ultimate line to MOTUC line. I mean not to make Ultimate line one off seems a bunch of custom MOTUC figures but more of a line on it's own and more authentic when opened from packaging and in loose condition.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Yeah, I don't know what they're going for with that second head... they already have the pit-fighter Conan coming out, so there is no need for another version of his unkempt portrait.

Why not just a natural (or even an angry) head without the flowing hair?
    I think Super7/4Horsemen should stay away from the angry/shouting expressions as they look really odd.
    A natural head and hair would be better.
    Hopefully they could improve the face sculpt/paint as it is a very poor likeness compared to the first prototype they showed for Conan the Destroyer.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MJOLNIR View Post
    I think it might be the delts. It looks like they may have tooled new shoulders so he could do that pose from the movie. They look odd in the more natural pose.
    I agree the shoulders are what's throwing it all off. They seem too bulbous and too smooth.