Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Episode IX

The title Rise of Skywalker makes me think they'll correct some of the last movie's mistakes. It will be interesting to see how exactly the Emperor will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    The title Rise of Skywalker makes me think they'll correct some of the last movie's mistakes. It will be interesting to see how exactly the Emperor will be back.
    You know, I was wondering if the Emperor is really coming back, or if Disney is just using this as a ruse to pull more of the old fans back in along with putting Skywalker in the title. If this is played up and does not happen in the movie, fans are going to be even madder than they were in TLJ Btw, even if the Emperor does show up, I think this was just a way for the movie to have a decent villain since Johnson wasted Snoke in the last movie

Master of New Adventures!
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...

Gawd, is this all they've got?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    Released today at Star Wars Celebration:

https://youtu.be/adzYW5DZoWs

Not really digging the atmosphere and certainly not feeling the emotion I felt when I saw TFA trailer with reappearance of the Millenium Falcon, but I'm intrigued for Darth Sidious's last laugh...

EDIT: Mods, if you would like to add Episode IX title "Rise of the Skywalker" to the thread it would be appreciated
    - - - Updated - - -

Eeeeeeeew, I'm so scared!

PeeWee Herman could have done a better laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    So.. what does everyone think of the trailer? Looks pretty good!

That scene with Rey versus the TIE Invader is pretty incredible. Plus more Lando? Luke narration? A bit more Leia?

Oh, and that Palpatine laugh at the end? What the heck? As someone who was pretty lukewarm on TLJ (I really enjoyed TFA) this seems like it could go in the right direction. We'll see.

I wonder what the Rise of Skywalker refers to? Rey being a Skywalker? Maybe now that the Jedi are over Rey's new branch call themselves Skywalkers? Maybe Ben is redeemed, continuing the family line?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    You know, I was wondering if the Emperor is really coming back, or if Disney is just using this as a ruse to pull more of the old fans back in along with putting Skywalker in the title. If this is played up and does not happen in the movie, fans are going to be even madder than they were in TLJ Btw, even if the Emperor does show up, I think this was just a way for the movie to have a decent villain since Johnson wasted Snoke in the last movie
    Disney confirmed that the emperor is returning for the movie - we just don’t know in what form

Quote Originally Posted by Powersword123 View Post
    Disney confirmed that the emperor is returning for the movie - we just don’t know in what form
    If it's just a flashback of some kind then my previous statement still stands

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...

Gawd, is this all they've got?

- - - Updated - - -

Eeeeeeeew, I'm so scared!

PeeWee Herman could have done a better laugh.
    I think it was interesting but could not decide if it was a newly recorded laugh or from the original movies. Tbh, I'm kinda underwhelmed in a way since the Emperor had been done and was more into the idea that Snoke was Darth Plageuis or some other big baddie that was going to make the Emperor look like a novice. Then he died in TLJ without a fight.... Most.Wasted.Character.Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    Ugh, you bring me great sadness, if Rose is in the movie.

I could see them using bits and pieces from previous films to put Leia in the new one.
    I think I would take Jar Jar over Rose. It brings me great pain to say that - LOL!
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    Ugh, you bring me great sadness, if Rose is in the movie.
    \
    but, the audience CHEERED and standing ovationed poor disillusioned kelly marie tran to tears. the public obviously loves her
    Respect is Earned. NOT Given, Away.

Year Three. Trumps still doing fine...and CLEARED. have a NICE day ;o)

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    What I think is more likely is they could be using extra footage that was shot but not actually used in the previous films. For something like Rey hugging her, maybe is was an alternate take of when they hugged in TFA, but they digitally edited it so give Rey her current costume, or something akin to this. This way it would mean that Leia is not CGI, but there is no "rule" about using that technology to take actual footage of her and edit it into the movie. Maybe they can somehow build dialog for this new movie around cut dialogue of hers from the previous films.... or maybe they'll get a good sound alike to voice her over. This is all speculation on my part, but it would make the most sense.
    I can't find it, but I know I read that the Leia scenes in IX are from deleted scenes from The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi. They took the footage they had and wrote new scenes around it. Carrie Fisher's family approved of them doing it. They flat out said Leia's performance will not be CGI. I wouldn't rule out the possibility of them using CGI to change her outfit if they wanted her scenes to look consistent. They may rotoscope her into an entirely different backdrop. But her actual performance will be real.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

I think Luke was the Last "Jedi" & Rey will be calling herself "Skywalker" in his honor.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."

Heroic Warrior
    the rise of Meh.

what? am I suppose to be excited over that Crouching Tiger Hidden Jedi move?

can we please get a teaser trailer or actual trailer opening where she isn't breathing like she just ran a marathon and Luke voice over to go with it?

I'll go see it. Because Star Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    I think Luke was the Last "Jedi" & Rey will be calling herself "Skywalker" in his honor.
    I don't think they would give it that title for an honorary member. Either it is named that for Force Ghost Luke or Rey is revealed as a Skywalker or Ben Solo has a redemption arch. I am hoping for one or both of the first two.

Why y'all hating on Rose so much?

Rose suffered from being in the worst storyline of TLJ but I don't get anything from the character that makes her the problem herself. I think being in a better plot line or in a supporting role Rose would be just fine. I'm curious to see how they use her in this film. Her new outfit looks like she might be in more of a command or tech position with the Resistance.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    They need to give Rey some strong lineage to explain why she can Mary Sue so easily. Like part Kenobi blood, part Palpatine. Or part Kenobi, part Skywalker. (Mara Jade was Kenobi's secret daughter.) haha! None of the drunkard crap.

I think I would make her a Palpatine. And keep Kylo (the Skywalker lineage) evil. Up the evil factor on him. Please no redemption there. He killed Han, attacked his mother's spaceship. That boy needs some limbs chopped off and then to fall down a shaft into some lava. I like the idea of a Palpatine being the Jedi and the Skywalker/Solo being the Sith. Kylo can be jealous of her lineage and visa versa.

The real Palpatine shouldn't come back in physical form. That would lessen Vader's moment in Return of the Jedi. He can be a clone or super strong Sith Force Ghost.

Ideally, I'd like the Rise of Skywalker to refer to Luke rising from the "dead". And that should happen in the first 10 mins of the movie.

They probably won't bring Luke back... but they should. If not, super Force ghost Luke and super Force ghost Palpatine can battle it out.

In a perfect scenario, the movie would open with Luke helping Rey up from a fall on Ahch-to. She bumped her head and TLJ was all just a bad dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    They need to give Rey some strong lineage to explain why she can Mary Sue so easily. Like part Kenobi blood, part Palpatine. Or part Kenobi, part Skywalker. (Mara Jade was Kenobi's secret daughter.) haha! None of the drunkard crap.

I think I would make her a Palpatine. And keep Kylo (the Skywalker lineage) evil. Up the evil factor on him. Please no redemption there. He killed Han, attacked his mother's spaceship. That boy needs some limbs chopped off and then to fall down a shaft into some lava. I like the idea of a Palpatine being the Jedi and the Skywalker/Solo being the Sith. Kylo can be jealous of her lineage and visa versa.

The real Palpatine shouldn't come back in physical form. That would lessen Vader's moment in Return of the Jedi. He can be a clone or super strong Sith Force Ghost.

Ideally, I'd like the Rise of Skywalker to refer to Luke rising from the "dead". And that should happen in the first 10 mins of the movie.

They probably won't bring Luke back... but they should. If not, super Force ghost Luke and super Force ghost Palpatine can battle it out.

In a perfect scenario, the movie would open with Luke helping Rey up from a fall on Ahch-to. She bumped her head and TLJ was all just a bad dream.
    Yes if they bring Palpatine back I want him a clone like in Dark Empire:

Dear Hollywood,

please refrain from using following words in your movie titles: 'rise', 'dawn', 'origins' and 'returns'.

Thank you in advance.

I want to see a film entirely about Lando and I want it to star Billy Dee Williams as a buff senior citizen reflecting back on his life, featuring amazing African-American actors in those flashback roles. We know something of Lando, but I think he has one helluva story to tell. Now there's a movie!
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; April 13, 2019 at 03:59pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    Why y'all hating on Rose so much?

Rose suffered from being in the worst storyline of TLJ but I don't get anything from the character that makes her the problem herself. I think being in a better plot line or in a supporting role Rose would be just fine. I'm curious to see how they use her in this film. Her new outfit looks like she might be in more of a command or tech position with the Resistance.
    I liked Kelly Ann alot. She deserved that standing ovation after the backlash that she got from a plotline that was beyond her control. Glad the room was full of the best of the fandom and not keyboard warriors.

I've got the perfect title for that!

'STAR WARS: Dawn of the rise of Lando- Origins (A Star Wars Story)'

Jokes aside (not that that was a joke ), I'm really glad Lando's finally back in IX. His return is long overdue. Awesome to see Billy Dee again!

One of the Top 10 Funniest First Lines in a Post.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    the rise of Meh.

what? am I suppose to be excited over that Crouching Tiger Hidden Jedi move?

can we please get a teaser trailer or actual trailer opening where she isn't breathing like she just ran a marathon and Luke voice over to go with it?

I'll go see it. Because Star Wars.

I’m excited. My family is excited. Of course, this sounds like the wrong crowd to share that with.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

I don't know if you had the chance to see the trailer for the upcoming video game: "Star Wars - Jedi Fallen Order". Honestly, I got more excited by that story than Episode IX, even with Palpatine's last laugh.

My main concern is that Rey may be another child of the Force created miraculously by the midiclorians as Anakin was. Or created by Luke manipulating the midiclorians; or a clone of any other Jedi or even a clone of Palpatine... In any case, I think that they are in a deep mess that there would be no good explanation that shall suit for everyone, it would be the next topic of debate for years to come, haters vs fans, OT, Prequels and New Trilogy fans throwing opinions or justifications why "X" is good and/or bad.

Ep IX title may indicate that her linage comes from Luke and/or Leia (hidden Ben's sister?), but I definetely don't want Kylo to redeem himself. He was shown killing his father, and even when everyone is entitled for revindication to repent their sins, I think that is not the kind of message I'd like to be included in Star Wars. Even when Anakin killed the Tusken and younglings, it was done off screen and serve the way to get to the bad guy that we originally met. I'd really like Kylo to be pure evil as the force of nature (or Dark Side of the Force nature) when he first appeared and stopped a laser blast in mid air by sheer power.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    I definetely don't want Kylo to redeem himself.
    He really is the worst villain ever. He is pretty indicative of what is going on in the world. Don't like someone or something? Throw a tainty and try to destroy them. When all else fails, scream at the sky :P
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

Is this movie truly going to be the end of the main saga?

I heard that there will be no more mainline entries after IX... but, side stories, prequels, tales, origins, etc. are still on the table.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Calling it now, the last movie was last Jedi. Going forward Rey will start a new order known as Skywalkers.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    He really is the worst villain ever. He is pretty indicative of what is going on in the world. Don't like someone or something? Throw a tainty and try to destroy them. When all else fails, scream at the sky :P
    Isn't that how his grandfather was? But more in control and focused than his grandson...For me it will always be Jacen,Jaina & Anakin Solo & Ben SKYWALKER....