Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Faker 1/6 scale figure from Mondo Toys

Quote Originally Posted by pez View Post
    Mondo knocks it out of the park again. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...983d01fb32.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Slappy White View Post
    My Faker arrived today! Heís my first high end figure like this and itís fantastic!!

Quote Originally Posted by aca1raven2002 View Post
    Got home from work to this!!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...aa733e4a41.jpg

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk
    congats proud owners.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

I received my Faker today as well. He is bad ass. Each release is better than the previous one. Bravo Mondo!

Oh forgot to post this sinc the forums were down earlier. Opened Faker today and boy oh boy am I impressed. It seems they have made adjustments to the he-man body as far as the joints go. The articulation seems alot smoother and the battle damaged head is wicked cool, even the retro head doesn't look as bad as the he-man did on the figure. Took some pics. Good job Brock!

I must possess all, or I possess nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by aca1raven2002 View Post
    Oh forgot to post this sinc the forums were down earlier. Opened Faker today and boy oh boy am I impressed. It seems they have made adjustments to the he-man body as far as the joints go. The articulation seems alot smoother and the battle damaged head is wicked cool, even the retro head doesn't look as bad as the he-man did on the figure. Took some pics. Good job Brock! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...685a058588.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b08a964749.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6749c19330.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d896cc327c.jpg

Nice!

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

I understand the nostalgia factor behind Faker, but I can't help but feel that it was a missed opportunity to add an actual sculpted "cassette recorder" on his chest in stead of the sticker...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I understand the nostalgia factor behind Faker, but I can't help but feel that it was a missed opportunity to add an actual sculpted "cassette recorder" on his chest in stead of the sticker...
    Seems like a sculpted piece that was sticking out would just **** with his armor.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Didnít think about this but youíre right - sculpted into the chest would have made this so much better and unique to all other Fakers produced

Also doesn't help that the sticker on mine is crooked and not put on very good with bumps all over. And I hate the fur on the boots. Mine is falling off in little clumps (4 clumps so far). Rather have it sculpted like his undies. I took off his skirt because I hate that look.

And Im wondering. I haven't pulled my He-man and Skeletor out of their boxes because they are my least favorite characters. So when I get a few more figures, I will pull them out. But do He-man and Skeletor bodies not line up straight? My Faker the right shoulder his higher than the left. His chin on all 3 heads don't line up straight down into the center of the abs. I took him apart to get his skirt off, and was hoping that he could be put back together straight, since he was leaning to the left (from waist up) out of the box. But that cant happen. When I had his chest, arms, head together everything was straight. But its the ab part that makes everything crooked. (it also looks like a big blue wee wee head ). It doesn't fit in the the chest piece right, because of the two huge lumps on the back of the ab piece. One lump is bigger than the other, so that chest piece rides high on that bump (basically sitting on it because that huge lump will not fit inside the chest piece) and that gives the leaning to the left look. So is He-man and Skeletor like that since they are the same moulds?

I hope its just my figure and not the whole line. I hated the 200x line because everyone was hunched over. Now my favorite character leans to the left and looks like he has a bad back problem.

Still better quality than Sideshow even when they were at this price (they've out priced themselves for the crap they put out)

Other than that and the cheap fur on the boots and crooked sticker on chest , the figure is great. I have the vintage head on him.
    Last edited by banthafett; September 30, 2019 at 10:33am.

Heroic Warrior sandrockgundam04's Avatar
    I've got my review of Faker up, if anyone's interested.

Heroic Warrior
    Just got my faker in the mail. Don't have time to check it out yet.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Widget
    Great vid!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sandrockgundam04 View Post
    I've got my review of Faker up, if anyone's interested.

https://youtu.be/RnFkQqz34AU
    Great vid. And yes beyond my other issues, the hand pegs. They are weird. Because you would think the weight from the gun, sword, or axe that they would pop off. But they don't, the hands only pop off when you move the figure or bump the hands or gauntlet.

Quote Originally Posted by pez View Post
    Seems like a sculpted piece that was sticking out would just **** with his armor.
    Not if it was inset, rather than raised.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Evil and eats everything Acolyte's Avatar
    I received my Faker today. What an amazing figure. I like him even more than He-Man and thatīs saying a lot. The skin tone alone is insane. And the battle damaged head ... outstanding. Thank you so much Mondo. Three wonderful figures in a row. I cannot wait for Mer-Man. And Man-At-Arms. And ... :-D

Quote Originally Posted by banthafett View Post

I hope its just my figure and not the whole line. I hated the 200x line because everyone was hunched over. Now my favorite character leans to the left and looks like he has a bad back problem.
    Literally every single MOTUC figure I have stands leaning to the left. It's like they screwed up something with leg length or something. I love that line so much, but it's just infuriating that none of them seem to actually stand up symmetrically.

Out there somewhere, and floating in a most peculiar way...
    Got mine today. I have nitpicks, but less than I had with He-Man, and I like the battle damaged head a lot more than I expected to (and it has been implemented superbly), and the paint apps and joint movement are both noticeably improved, which is very welcome too.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
    Literally every single MOTUC figure I have stands leaning to the left. It's like they screwed up something with leg length or something. I love that line so much, but it's just infuriating that none of them seem to actually stand up symmetrically.
    Yeah, I actually didn't notice that much on my He-Man, but on my Faker it is very evident. From What I can tell, I suspect either the top part of the chest has warped slightly during the molding process, or else the connecting pieces are misaligned. Either way, it is a tad disappointing. You can usually futz things enough so it isn't quite as obvious, but it would be nice if it wasn't an issue to begin with.

As for other nitpicks, the shield is still a bit of a pain, of course (looks great, though), and it ever so slightly slightly miffs me that I can't get these into an effective two handed pose with the rifle (though, of course that's far from unique when it comes to motu figures over the years), likewise that the barrel of the gun isn't quite straight and is a touch misaligned to the rest of the length of the gun is a minor eyesore that I wish I couldn't notice. My regular Faker head also has a stripe of clear gloss that appears to have leaked onto the hair, and which distractingly catches the light. Still, again, minor nits in a figure that I am overall very happy with and glad to own.
    My momma said, to get things done
    you'd better not mess with Major Tom...