Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Zach Snyder's comments regarding Batman and superheros in general.

Gang, let's keep the discussion off of personal remarks and focus on the actual discussion. Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion, and everyone is entitled to disagree or think what they may.

Don't make me get the mod stick out!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

My opinion does not change because I am a devoted fan of everything I am passionate about. My longtime friends on the forum - and in offline life - know I am neither fake nor phony and my personality is the same everywhere I post. I pride myself in being honest at all times, even if adamantly so. I never said it wasn't OK to dislike something, it's just that I feel otherwise and I have neither argued nor called anyone names in the way that people seem to be doing to me. I have not talked over anyone, or interrupted anyone, I just post what I feel, and I am the same in offline life, when my mind is made up, it stays that way, whether I am talking about things I love or fighting for social justice. I love the DC movies and feel they do much justice to my beloved characters, just in different ways. There are many ways to interpret a character and they are all equally valid in my view. I will not agree with someone who tries to get me to change my mind in a way that is not true to me. I have not told anyone they were wrong, just because other people are cynical and jaded, it doesn't mean I have to be that way to be seen as "honest". I express my honesty in a different way than many people here and I always have.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Is it true they are releasing the Snyder version of Justice League from before Joss Weadon took over?

Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Gang, let's keep the discussion off of personal remarks and focus on the actual discussion. Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion, and everyone is entitled to disagree or think what they may.

Don't make me get the mod stick out!
    It is about the topic (Zack Synder)

Why is it that other people can't have opinions about this subject? If one person likes it fine but what about the others that don't? If 9 out of 10 people don't like something and the tenth one does shouldn't we listen to ALL of the people instead of just one?

No matter what people say facts are facts Snyder has ruined the DCEU when he was on it and that's sad and factual you can believe what you want but it's the truth and we need to be heard as well...

Chris here...

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    It is about the topic (Zack Synder)

Why is it that other people can't have opinions about this subject? If one person likes it fine but what about the others that don't? If 9 out of 10 people don't like something and the tenth one does shouldn't we listen to ALL of the people instead of just one?
    Of course. But just because one person has a different view, doesn't make their view invalid just because it's in a minority. Different things appeal to different people, and positives & negatives, however obvious they may seem to one person or one million people, are all still matters of opinion.

If we're talking about Mikey specifically, I've known him (albeit only in an online capacity) for 17 years and he is someone who is passionate about his opinions when it comes to the franchises he loves. I can only speak from my personal interactions with him, but although he & I have many matching opinions, we also, sometimes, have different opinions too, yet he has never once shown anything but respect towards my differing opinion, on any subject. I haven't read all the posts in this thread, so I am open to a degree of correction, but reading back the most recent stuff all I actually see is him stating his own opinion, not attacking anyone else's.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    No matter what people say facts are facts Snyder has ruined the DCEU when he was on it and that's sad and factual you can believe what you want but it's the truth and we need to be heard as well...
    I actually share some of your opinion about Snyder and the DCEU, so I have some sympathy with what you're saying - but with the very greatest of respect, saying that Snyder has ruined the DCEU (or that Kathleen Kennedy has ruined Star Wars...or that strawberries are better than raspberries...or which is the best shade of green...or any other statement along those lines) is all just opinions.

This will be my last word on this out of consideration for Uki trying, quite correctly, to get this thread back on track rather than into the territories of personal attacks. I vowed when I came back to lurking and occasionally posting here that I would stay out of these types of things for the sake of my own sanity, but I really felt like I had to speak up.

Take care...
    Part of the "Kidult" craze long before it was a thing! : )

Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Fan View Post
    Chris here...

Of course. But just because one person has a different view, doesn't make their view invalid just because it's in a minority. Different things appeal to different people, and positives & negatives, however obvious they may seem to one person or one million people, are all still matters of opinion.

If we're talking about Mikey specifically, I've known him (albeit only in an online capacity) for 17 years and he is someone who is passionate about his opinions when it comes to the franchises he loves. I can only speak from my personal interactions with him, but although he & I have many matching opinions, we also, sometimes, have different opinions too, yet he has never once shown anything but respect towards my differing opinion, on any subject. I haven't read all the posts in this thread, so I am open to a degree of correction, but reading back the most recent stuff all I actually see is him stating his own opinion, not attacking anyone else's.

I actually share some of your opinion about Snyder and the DCEU, so I have some sympathy with what you're saying - but with the very greatest of respect, saying that Snyder has ruined the DCEU (or that Kathleen Kennedy has ruined Star Wars...or that strawberries are better than raspberries...or which is the best shade of green...or any other statement along those lines) is all just opinions.

This will be my last word on this out of consideration for Uki trying, quite correctly, to get this thread back on track rather than into the territories of personal attacks. I vowed when I came back to lurking and occasionally posting here that I would stay out of these types of things for the sake of my own sanity, but I really felt like I had to speak up.

Take care...
    I GET IT BUT that could be said about other people as well are we not passionate as well?? It's not a one way street..

I do not mind passion, but I rarely see that. I see bull dozing others opinions because they do not align with your own. I do not mean specifically in this thread or any one particular Orger, but it does tend to be a thing these days. It is making me want to become an introvert - LOL!
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

I was not singling anyone out in my mid-note, but I will once people fail to respect the rules and guidelines of the Forums. Please understand what the difference between facts and opinions; please respect one another.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

In my opinion, Zack Snyder has not ruined anything in the DCEU, to say otherwise is NOT FACT or TRUTH, it's YOUR OPINION as well. There's your two way street. I'm just as allowed to my right to express my own opinion without anyone telling me I'm wrong. I have not bulldozed or argued with anyone, but I will stand up for myself and my beliefs which everyone should be allowed to do without a witch hunt going on, and like it or not, that's what is happening here, and it's happened to me before on these forums. This is who I am and these are my beliefs which are just as valid as everyone else's. This is yet another reason why I don't venture into the Tar Swamp.

Chris, thank you again my dear friend, your thoughts and feelings, as well as friendship and support mean the world to me as always and thanks for your continuing kindness.
    Last edited by Mikey; June 4, 2019 at 11:51pm.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

Where is there a witch hunt? I tried to help point out why people tend to get annoyed with you. No one is attacking you, but pointing out that you really do not engage in discussions at all, but just issue proclamations. Have you ever stopped to think that it is not everyone else, but maybe you? If a bunch of people took issue with the way I conducted myself I would have to ask myself is was THEM or ME. Maybe just be aware of this?!?

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

It's always the same people attacking me. Chris and my other dear friends here know I am honest and speak my feelings without making the kind of remarks that some people have, so I know it's not me. I'm not "issuing proclamations", but I do state my feelings and opinions about what I'm passionate about. Most people I've known well here don't have a problem with that. I've not conducted myself in any negative way, nor have I attacked or argued with people. I merely state what I believe in and I've had many wonderful discussions with people over the years on the forums about things we have mutually in common, and even if we do disagree it's always been with respect, and I definitely have not disrespected anyone here in all my years of posting.

My point is it is a message board where people discuss things. You tend not to discuss, but just make statements. If people disagree with said statements then you come in with the proclamations. You are rarely specific about why you love anything, you just basically type the same thing over and over again. Maybe post a little more from the heart and maybe folks will act differently. If you cling to those who think the same as you then you effectively live in an echo chamber, which is obvious by the way you respond to those who do not think the same as you. This is a MAJOR problem with the world today. Be a little more Mikey and a little less robotic. I bet people will respond differently. Just trying to help here!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    It's always the same people attacking me. Chris and my other dear friends here know I am honest and speak my feelings without making the kind of remarks that some people have, so I know it's not me. I'm not "issuing proclamations", but I do state my feelings and opinions about what I'm passionate about. Most people I've known well here don't have a problem with that. I've not conducted myself in any negative way, nor have I attacked or argued with people. I merely state what I believe in and I've had many wonderful discussions with people over the years on the forums about things we have mutually in common, and even if we do disagree it's always been with respect, and I definitely have not disrespected anyone here in all my years of posting.
    Hi @Mikey, what do you think of the new DC series Swamp Thing? Seems promising with Crystal Reed also in it.

On topic, casting Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman was a nice master stroke by Snyder in DCEU, so I guess no ruining there.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

I am being true to myself and this is how I truly feel about things. I'm being as polite as possible and I prefer not to argue with people. That's just not my nature. I'm not "clinging" to anyone, but if I tend to sound warmer toward those who have been my longtime friends, then it's because they understand that this is how I express myself. I'm not making "proclamations" at all, but I post from the heart and I don't discuss things I'm not genuinely interested in because it feels like a pointless waste of my time and energies. This is why I avoid the Tar Swamp, because I don't feel happy arguing with people and am happiest when I state my feelings without resorting to arguments.

Hey fellow Michael. I haven't actually yet seen the new Swamp Thing, but it's on my *to do list*. Right now I'm about to embark on a mega nightly marathon of Power Rangers on Netflix with all 25 seasons so far. I totally LOVE Gal Gadot and feel she is amazing as Diana/Wonder Woman. I can't wait to see her take on The Cheetah (Kristen Wiig) next year in Wonder Woman 1984. I only wish it was THIS year. I'm not always patient when it comes to waiting for things I love.
    Last edited by Mikey; June 5, 2019 at 09:21am.

Just trying to help you, Mikey. You seem baffled as to why you get this response and I am just trying to give you some outsider perspective.

I am being true to myself and this is how I truly feel about things. I'm being as polite as possible and I prefer not to argue with people. That's just not my nature. I'm not "clinging" to anyone, but if I tend to sound warmer toward those who have been my longtime friends, then it's because they understand that this is how I express myself. I'm not making "proclamations" at all, but I post from the heart and I don't discuss things I'm not genuinely interested in because it feels like a pointless waste of my time and energies. This is why I avoid the Tar Swamp, because I don't feel happy arguing with people and am happiest when I state my feelings without resorting to arguments.

Hey fellow Michael. I haven't actually yet seen the new Swamp Thing, but it's on my *to do list*. Right now I'm about to embark on a mega nightly marathon of Power Rangers on Netflix with all 25 seasons so far. I totally LOVE Gal Gadot and feel she is amazing as Diana/Wonder Woman. I can't wait to see her take on The Cheetah (Kristen Wiig) next year in Wonder Woman 1984. I only wish it was THIS year. I'm not always patient when it comes to waiting for things I love.
    You and me both but what can we do but wait for WW next year, right.

Gal Gadot is perfect for the part....

I have my reservations about Gal because she was so skeletal in the Fast and Furious movies, but I love her now and I cannot imagine anyone else being Wonder Woman. My daughter is completely enamored with her and all other female super heroes seem to pale in comparison. Unlike Brie's Captain Marvel, Gal brought a sense of innocence and humility to the character. She was confident, but never cocky. She made Wonder Woman a human being first. I think this is why she is more appealing to my kiddo. She had a lot more character development than Captain Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    You and me both but what can we do but wait for WW next year, right.

Gal Gadot is perfect for the part....

I still can't believe we have to wait 2 YEARS to see the new MOTU movie, I know I definitely can't wait patiently for that either!

I can't wait to see the first photos of Kristen Wiig as Cheetah. Admittedly, I'm not really familiar with Kristen's body of work as an actress, but I sure do love the character!

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    I have my reservations about Gal because she was so skeletal in the Fast and Furious movies, but I love her now and I cannot imagine anyone else being Wonder Woman. My daughter is completely enamored with her and all other female super heroes seem to pale in comparison. Unlike Brie's Captain Marvel, Gal brought a sense of innocence and humility to the character. She was confident, but never cocky. She made Wonder Woman a human being first. I think this is why she is more appealing to my kiddo. She had a lot more character development than Captain Marvel.
    You are not only one who thought of that. When I heard the news Gal was cast as WW , I am happy and seeing her intro appearance in BvS iis the best part of that movie.

I don't see this need to compare Captain Marvel to Wonder Woman... they are in different league, character wise and film wise.

I still can't believe we have to wait 2 YEARS to see the new MOTU movie, I know I definitely can't wait patiently for that either!

I can't wait to see the first photos of Kristen Wiig as Cheetah. Admittedly, I'm not really familiar with Kristen's body of work as an actress, but I sure do love the character!
    I have a lot of faith with Patty Jenkins in handling the sequel, I'm sure Cheetah will come out menacing and equally appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    I don't see this need to compare Captain Marvel to Wonder Woman... they are in different league, character wise and film wise.

I only compared them because of my daughter. I actually enjoyed CM except for a few small issues I had with it (like the Avengers name sake).

I only know Kirsten Wiig from two movies....and one of them was Ghostbusters which was an absolute mess. A terrible unfunny script that did pretty much nothing but pander to SJWs.
    I am sure she will be fine as Cheetah.
    Gal Gadot was very good as Wonder Woman. One good choice by Snyder.

I am a devout social justice warrior, but I'm not really a Ghostbusters fan, so I haven't seen the new movie. I have seen the others in the franchise, but as I said, I'm just not really into it. No offense to fans though.

I am a devout social justice warrior, but I'm not really a Ghostbusters fan, so I haven't seen the new movie. I have seen the others in the franchise, but as I said, I'm just not really into it. No offense to fans though.
    I don't like the term SJW. There is nothing wrong with people wanting equality etc.
    But there is just crazy levels of things SJWs want.
    There was a recent article they wanted a female Joker and the character to be a hero.

2016 is just awful. It actually did have it's moments when they could have done something great but instead they just made a boring, predictable and unfunny film. Also every male character in the film was basically an idiot.

I like the term social justice warrior because for me it's about fighting for equality in a world of racist, sexist, homophobic morons. I want people to know I stand against that sort of thing. I don't have any such ridiculous demands, but the term can be a positive one, no matter what people say.

Actually, in the animated Flashpoint Paradox movie, after Flash goes back in time to save his mother and causes time to significantly mess up everyone's lives for a dystopian world of war and suffering, Bruce Wayne is killed in the alley, and his father Thomas Wayne becomes a much grittier, darker Batman, while Martha Wayne is driven crazy by the ordeal and becomes The Joker. Now admittedly, I wasn't happy with Aquaman and Wonder Woman being the villains at first, but it WAS a good story and had a lot of interesting plot twists and story ideas.

As I've said before, I loved Suicide Squad, especially Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, and Cara Delevingne as June Moone/Enchantress.