Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 168

Thread: Zach Snyder's comments regarding Batman and superheros in general.

  1. #126
    Heroic Warrior IceyCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Castle Chill
    Posts
    2,492
    Ha, it is a bad movie but some people will NOT concede. They are going to die on that hill, Megalodon. BvS forever ever!!!

    Is it odd though that I still enjoyed the battle scene even though the movie was BAD?!?

    Oh and Man of Steel was not good either. Do you know how many times I fell asleep watching it before I actually finished the dang movie?!?
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

    You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

  2. #127
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    401
    As bad as BvS is I think we can all agree that one of the worst things about the movie was the casting of Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor.

  3. #128
    Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    13,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    As bad as BvS is I think we can all agree that one of the worst things about the movie was the casting of Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor.
    Yeah, that was particularly terrible!
    ____________________________________________

  4. #129
    Catwoman...Hear Me Roar! Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Catwoman's Catacomb
    Posts
    5,697
    I still think Batman Versus Superman: Dawn Of Justice is a brilliant movie, and Jesse Eisenberg made a surprisingly good Lex Luthor, in an appropriately psychotic way. The fight scene with Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman against Doomsday was exciting. Man Of Steel was awesome too. I'm never going to agree with all the negative remarks, because in my opinion, DC's movies will always be awesome and brilliant. I never follow the status quo, I make up my own mind.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

    - Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

  5. #130
    Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Snake Mountain
    Posts
    4,883
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I still think Batman Versus Superman: Dawn Of Justice is a brilliant movie, and Jesse Eisenberg made a surprisingly good Lex Luthor, in an appropriately psychotic way. The fight scene with Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman against Doomsday was exciting. Man Of Steel was awesome too. I'm never going to agree with all the negative remarks, because in my opinion, DC's movies will always be awesome and brilliant. I never follow the status quo, I make up my own mind.
    And we are entitled to the TRUTH

  6. #131
    Catwoman...Hear Me Roar! Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Catwoman's Catacomb
    Posts
    5,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    And we are entitled to the TRUTH
    That's not TRUTH, that's your OPINION. People are just as entitled to love these films and they don't deserve to be treated as being wrong for loving them. .
    Last edited by Uki; June 6, 2019 at 10:06pm.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

    - Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

  7. #132
    Heroic Warrior IceyCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Castle Chill
    Posts
    2,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    As bad as BvS is I think we can all agree that one of the worst things about the movie was the casting of Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor.
    Worst.Luthor.Ever! I did like him in Zombie Land though.
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

    You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

  8. #133
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    401
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    Worst.Luthor.Ever! I did like him in Zombie Land though.
    I don't dislike the actor. I just don't think he was right for Lex or that the Lex in movie was the type of Lex people wanted.

  9. #134
    Master of DVDs BCI Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    6,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I still think Batman Versus Superman: Dawn Of Justice is a brilliant movie, and Jesse Eisenberg made a surprisingly good Lex Luthor, in an appropriately psychotic way. The fight scene with Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman against Doomsday was exciting. Man Of Steel was awesome too. I'm never going to agree with all the negative remarks, because in my opinion, DC's movies will always be awesome and brilliant. I never follow the status quo, I make up my own mind.
    And you are 100% entitled to feel that way. I have absolutely no problem with it. And if feeling that way beings you joy, more power to you.

    Just be aware that its not really possible to have any kind of real dialogue about the subject when you've already predetermined you are going to 100% love something - sight unseen.

  10. #135
    Catwoman...Hear Me Roar! Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Catwoman's Catacomb
    Posts
    5,697
    I still will not follow the opinions of the rest of the world. I never have and I never will, and as long as my true friends have no issue with that and are still my dear friends, even if we don't always agree, then I can't help what other people think of me. I've not actually argued with anyone though, I've only stated how I feel.

    Also, I'm not trying to force anyone to like anything, but I will not be told something is bad when I believe it isn't, and I won't stop defending DC.
    Last edited by Uki; June 6, 2019 at 10:02pm.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

    - Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

  11. #136
    Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Snake Mountain
    Posts
    4,883
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I still will not follow the opinions of the rest of the world. I never have and I never will, and as long as my true friends have no issue with that and are still my dear friends, even if we don't always agree, then I can't help what other people think of me. I've not actually argued with anyone though, I've only stated how I feel.

    Also, I'm not trying to force anyone to like anything, but I will not be told something is bad when I believe it isn't, and I won't stop defending DC.
    Nothing is perfect... but please carry on...

  12. #137
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    11,791
    Nobody is trying to force his or her opinion on anyone, although some members here are showing a clear lack of respect for one another, and that has to stop. Refrain from attacking one another’s opinions. Here’s a link to the Forum Rules if you’d like a refresher.

    Please don’t make me issue refractions. We’re all familiar with this by now.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

    Instagram: Just_Thommy

  13. #138
    Catwoman...Hear Me Roar! Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Catwoman's Catacomb
    Posts
    5,697
    I have very personal reasons for loving and defending DC Comics as much as I do, reasons I do not at all feel comfortable discussing in public. The thought of losing DC - and other things I love - brings back painful memories that I have buried deep in my subconscious. I don't wish to elaborate any further on this matter.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

    - Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

  14. #139
    Heroic Warrior HarryCanyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Santa Ana, California
    Posts
    2,090
    Doesn't anyone here remember the 90s dark age of comics which took the wrong lessons from Alan Moore, Frank Miller and Katushiro Otomo and try to copy their successes?
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

  15. #140
    Catwoman...Hear Me Roar! Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Catwoman's Catacomb
    Posts
    5,697
    I remember Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns was adapted into an awesome 2 part animated feature.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

    - Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

  16. #141
    ▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I have very personal reasons for loving and defending DC Comics as much as I do, reasons I do not at all feel comfortable discussing in public. The thought of losing DC - and other things I love - brings back painful memories that I have buried deep in my subconscious. I don't wish to elaborate any further on this matter.
    Then why bring it up?

  17. #142
    Catwoman...Hear Me Roar! Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Catwoman's Catacomb
    Posts
    5,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Then why bring it up?
    I brought it up to illustrate that I do have those reasons for why I love and defend DC, that my posts are not just superficial ones, but there is a meaning behind them. I shouldn't have to go into those reasons.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

    - Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

  18. #143
    ▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I brought it up to illustrate that I do have those reasons for why I love and defend DC, that my posts are not just superficial ones, but there is a meaning behind them. I shouldn't have to go into those reasons.
    Reasons you do not share are functionally no different than reasons that do not exist. It provides the reader with no more information than he had before. All it does is draw unwanted attention to something you do not wish to speak about. Hence, why bring it up at all?

  19. #144
    Heroic Warrior HarryCanyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Santa Ana, California
    Posts
    2,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    As bad as BvS is I think we can all agree that one of the worst things about the movie was the casting of Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor.
    Marvel does better casting than DC eh?
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

  20. #145
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    401
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    Marvel does better casting than DC eh?
    Not al the time but overall for the most part yes.

  21. #146
    Catwoman...Hear Me Roar! Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Catwoman's Catacomb
    Posts
    5,697
    I respectfully disagree, I believe DC has the better casting, this is only my personal opinion of course.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

    - Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

  22. #147
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    401
    I only say that due to the vast amount of Marvel Cinematic Universe movies compared to DC and the amount of characters in them.
    If I was including the non MCU movies that would be a different story.

  23. #148
    ▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I respectfully disagree, I believe DC has the better casting, this is only my personal opinion of course.
    These sorts of declarations are not conducive to a productive conversation. They are simply a contrarian assertions without support: "I disagree, I believe the opposite." What is one to do with this sort of statement?

    Conversations require push and pull, so if you disagree or hold an opposing belief, then please explain the nature of your disagreement or the basis for you belief. Otherwise, simply contradicting someone without explanation or support communicates to him that 1.) his opinion or belief is invalid, and 2.) that your opinion or belief does not need to be qualified in any way, because it is unquestionably correct.

    Not only does it do nothing to increase the understanding of others of your position, but it alienates them in a way that I do not think you intend.

  24. #149
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    11,791
    By posting an opinion ( whether one wants to defend it or not), one is not “instigating the argument.” Please understand this; that is not making things personal. Calling someone out, on the other hand, is, and is liable for moderation. I will not post any further warnings. I urge anyone who has a problem with how other members post their thoughts or opinions to use that handy ignore Feature.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

    Instagram: Just_Thommy

  25. #150
    Heroic Warrior IceyCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Castle Chill
    Posts
    2,492
    I thought calling someone out was like 'Hey *insert name here* You are *insert insult here*' or saying 'You know so and so is a real so and so.' I guess I am confused on what calling out is. If someone posts something and another person asks for clarification, that is also considered calling out?!?
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

    You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •