Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Zach Snyder's comments regarding Batman and superheros in general.

Ha, it is a bad movie but some people will NOT concede. They are going to die on that hill, Megalodon. BvS forever ever!!!

Is it odd though that I still enjoyed the battle scene even though the movie was BAD?!?

Oh and Man of Steel was not good either. Do you know how many times I fell asleep watching it before I actually finished the dang movie?!?
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

As bad as BvS is I think we can all agree that one of the worst things about the movie was the casting of Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor.

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    As bad as BvS is I think we can all agree that one of the worst things about the movie was the casting of Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor.
    Yeah, that was particularly terrible!

I still think Batman Versus Superman: Dawn Of Justice is a brilliant movie, and Jesse Eisenberg made a surprisingly good Lex Luthor, in an appropriately psychotic way. The fight scene with Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman against Doomsday was exciting. Man Of Steel was awesome too. I'm never going to agree with all the negative remarks, because in my opinion, DC's movies will always be awesome and brilliant. I never follow the status quo, I make up my own mind.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I still think Batman Versus Superman: Dawn Of Justice is a brilliant movie, and Jesse Eisenberg made a surprisingly good Lex Luthor, in an appropriately psychotic way. The fight scene with Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman against Doomsday was exciting. Man Of Steel was awesome too. I'm never going to agree with all the negative remarks, because in my opinion, DC's movies will always be awesome and brilliant. I never follow the status quo, I make up my own mind.
    And we are entitled to the TRUTH

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    And we are entitled to the TRUTH
    That's not TRUTH, that's your OPINION. People are just as entitled to love these films and they don't deserve to be treated as being wrong for loving them. .
    Last edited by Uki; June 6, 2019 at 10:06pm.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

Worst.Luthor.Ever! I did like him in Zombie Land though.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    Worst.Luthor.Ever! I did like him in Zombie Land though.
    I don't dislike the actor. I just don't think he was right for Lex or that the Lex in movie was the type of Lex people wanted.

And you are 100% entitled to feel that way. I have absolutely no problem with it. And if feeling that way beings you joy, more power to you.

Just be aware that its not really possible to have any kind of real dialogue about the subject when you've already predetermined you are going to 100% love something - sight unseen.

I still will not follow the opinions of the rest of the world. I never have and I never will, and as long as my true friends have no issue with that and are still my dear friends, even if we don't always agree, then I can't help what other people think of me. I've not actually argued with anyone though, I've only stated how I feel.

Also, I'm not trying to force anyone to like anything, but I will not be told something is bad when I believe it isn't, and I won't stop defending DC.
    Last edited by Uki; June 6, 2019 at 10:02pm.

Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar
    I still will not follow the opinions of the rest of the world. I never have and I never will, and as long as my true friends have no issue with that and are still my dear friends, even if we don't always agree, then I can't help what other people think of me. I've not actually argued with anyone though, I've only stated how I feel.

Also, I'm not trying to force anyone to like anything, but I will not be told something is bad when I believe it isn't, and I won't stop defending DC.
    Nothing is perfect... but please carry on...

Nobody is trying to force his or her opinion on anyone, although some members here are showing a clear lack of respect for one another, and that has to stop. Refrain from attacking one another’s opinions. Here’s a link to the Forum Rules if you’d like a refresher.

Please don’t make me issue refractions. We’re all familiar with this by now.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

I have very personal reasons for loving and defending DC Comics as much as I do, reasons I do not at all feel comfortable discussing in public. The thought of losing DC - and other things I love - brings back painful memories that I have buried deep in my subconscious. I don't wish to elaborate any further on this matter.

Doesn't anyone here remember the 90s dark age of comics which took the wrong lessons from Alan Moore, Frank Miller and Katushiro Otomo and try to copy their successes?
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

I remember Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns was adapted into an awesome 2 part animated feature.

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    I have very personal reasons for loving and defending DC Comics as much as I do, reasons I do not at all feel comfortable discussing in public. The thought of losing DC - and other things I love - brings back painful memories that I have buried deep in my subconscious. I don't wish to elaborate any further on this matter.
    Then why bring it up?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Then why bring it up?
    I brought it up to illustrate that I do have those reasons for why I love and defend DC, that my posts are not just superficial ones, but there is a meaning behind them. I shouldn't have to go into those reasons.

I brought it up to illustrate that I do have those reasons for why I love and defend DC, that my posts are not just superficial ones, but there is a meaning behind them. I shouldn't have to go into those reasons.
    Reasons you do not share are functionally no different than reasons that do not exist. It provides the reader with no more information than he had before. All it does is draw unwanted attention to something you do not wish to speak about. Hence, why bring it up at all?

Marvel does better casting than DC eh?
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    Marvel does better casting than DC eh?
    Not al the time but overall for the most part yes.

I respectfully disagree, I believe DC has the better casting, this is only my personal opinion of course.

I only say that due to the vast amount of Marvel Cinematic Universe movies compared to DC and the amount of characters in them.
    If I was including the non MCU movies that would be a different story.

I respectfully disagree, I believe DC has the better casting, this is only my personal opinion of course.
    These sorts of declarations are not conducive to a productive conversation. They are simply a contrarian assertions without support: "I disagree, I believe the opposite." What is one to do with this sort of statement?

Conversations require push and pull, so if you disagree or hold an opposing belief, then please explain the nature of your disagreement or the basis for you belief. Otherwise, simply contradicting someone without explanation or support communicates to him that 1.) his opinion or belief is invalid, and 2.) that your opinion or belief does not need to be qualified in any way, because it is unquestionably correct.

Not only does it do nothing to increase the understanding of others of your position, but it alienates them in a way that I do not think you intend.

By posting an opinion ( whether one wants to defend it or not), one is not “instigating the argument.” Please understand this; that is not making things personal. Calling someone out, on the other hand, is, and is liable for moderation. I will not post any further warnings. I urge anyone who has a problem with how other members post their thoughts or opinions to use that handy ignore Feature.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

I thought calling someone out was like 'Hey *insert name here* You are *insert insult here*' or saying 'You know so and so is a real so and so.' I guess I am confused on what calling out is. If someone posts something and another person asks for clarification, that is also considered calling out?!?