Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Zach Snyder's comments regarding Batman and superheros in general.

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    The problem is that some people conflate being polite with being respectful. However, a respectful conversation requires two or more people to talk with one another, not one person to use the posts of others as a platform to talk at everyone else. This style of posting in particular is not a dialogue, it is a monologue. The people who post in this manner seem less interested in others engaging with their ideas—hence, why they make bold declarations and do not feel the need to justify them—than in supplanting an opinion they do not like with one of their own. It seems passive-aggressive, and creates a lot of unnecessary hostility.

What some people here want is for me to come around to their way of thinking which is never going to happen. As my friends have said, my posts are neither robotic nor phony. Admittedly, I can be sometimes repetitive when I'm excited about something, for which I apologise, but the level of harshness I've been subjected to is NOT OK and I haven't deserved it. I have not been rude or bullying anyone, I've just been discussing how I feel about things. Toxic negativity on these forums has hit an all time low, they are not the place they once were. Sorry, but that's the truth.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    What some people here want is for me to come around to their way of thinking which is never going to happen.
    No, people just want you to engage in actual conversation instead of repeating the same things over and over again. You are free to like what you like.

I have a few people on IGNORE now so I won't be reading their comments. Posting them is a waste of time. Also, if I were being negative about things like the Disney movies, people would not be accusing me of repetition and being robotic and everything else. That's the truth and those people know it. Negativity is as annoying to me as my positivity is to them.

I've decided to end this discussion as of now.
    Last edited by Mikey; June 7, 2019 at 11:11pm.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    Catwoman with Halle Berry was a dumpster fire of a movie. SO bad! Then again I like Breakin' and Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo, so I am not sure I have room to talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Even I like Suburban Commando.
    I think we have cheesey movies that we enjoy. I know I certainly do. But my expectations of a Catwoman movie are far different than something like Breakin' or Suburban Commando.

Lovely and talented Adrienne Wilkinson (Livia/Eve from Xena: Warrior Princess) has a good motto: Stay close to people who feel like sunshine. That is what I intend to do from now on.

Of course, this is ironic since my favourite season is Winter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I think we have cheesey movies that we enjoy. I know I certainly do. But my expectations of a Catwoman movie are far different than something like Breakin' or Suburban Commando.
    Ha, right? There are SO many bad comic movies. I know it is blasphemy to say, but the MCU is not without its issues either. I am sorry, but I think End Game could have been a lot better.
    Last edited by Uki; June 8, 2019 at 09:09am.
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

It is funny that your friends tell you that you are not robotic, because most of the board says otherwise. Or at least the people who post regularly - LOL!

- - - Updated - - -

Ha, right? There are SO many bad comic movies. I know it is blasphemy to say, but the MCU is not without its issues either. I am sorry, but I think End Game could have been a lot better.
    I liked Endgame overall but yes it did have some things I wasn't too keen on, mostly the time travel.
    As far the MCU movies I am not keen on a few of them, especially Incredible Hulk, Ironman 3 and Thor The Dark World,

- - - Updated - - -

There are some actors and you pretty much know what to expect with their type of movies.
    I haven't seen all of Catwoman but from what I did see of it, it really doesn't seem like the Catwoman film most fans of the character wanted.

I liked Endgame overall but yes it did have some things I wasn't too keen on, mostly the time travel.
    As far the MCU movies I am not keen on a few of them, especially Incredible Hulk, Ironman 3 and Thor The Dark World,
    Oh yes, Ironman 3 and Dark World were not great.

I guess for me I cannot take anyone seriously who cannot think critically about the properties they like. I have friends who will die on the hill claiming TLJ was a superb Star Wars movie. Now I understand that SW has been their entire world since they were a kid, but how can you be OK with the treatment of the original cast?!? When someone fan boys so hard that they ignore problems with the property I just cannot take them seriously.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

I guess for me I cannot take anyone seriously who cannot think critically about the properties they like. I have friends who will die on the hill claiming TLJ was a superb Star Wars movie. Now I understand that SW has been their entire world since they were a kid, but how can you be OK with the treatment of the original cast?!? When someone fan boys so hard that they ignore problems with the property I just cannot take them seriously.

Absolutely Icey. But then there are the fans who state when other fans are being critical then they are being whiney. I am dealing with that on a Star Trek message board I frequent. A lot of Star Trek fans there complain about fans on a podcast being critical about the new show Discovery, like we are not allowed to be critical something we are fans of and just be thankful is exists.

Back to topic: I am a huge DC fan, but I recognize there are a lot of bad DC movies. There are also bad DC comic stories. But there are many amazing comic stories. But yeah, you gotta take the good with the bad.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

I loved Star Wars since I seen Return of the Jedi on TV when I was 3 or 4 years old around '87 or '88. I still love the original and some of the cartoons, TV shows, the Ewoks movies and some of the comics and expanded universe novels. But I m not a fan of what Disney have done to the franchise and characters...or the Holiday Special.

I don't think it's wise no matter how much you like certain properties to not be critical of some things. Without criticism how can the change and improve things.

As much as I am a fan of lots of different movies and TV shows and toy lines I can't claim to like everything about them or agree with all the decisions made concerning them.

Keep this thread ON TOPIC.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

I don't think it's wise no matter how much you like certain properties to not be critical of some things. Without criticism how can the change and improve things.
    Ding, ding, ding! Exactly! Nothing will ever be perfect of course, but if you shut down valid criticism then things will stagnate and eventually go the way of the dodo. Then no one is happy. I want to see my favorite characters, but I want to see them done justice. Not just used to make a quick buck.

Not everyone has to be critical of things in order to be viewed as honest or genuine, some people have unbridled love for a franchise and they should not have to justify or defend their opinion every five seconds just because someone thinks it's "robotic or phony", which is a load of CRAP. I love DC along with many other properties and I am not going to defend that stance for anyone. I'm entitled to my beliefs and don't deserve to be harassed for them. I wasn't hurting anyone but this witch hunt is vile and needs to stop. I don't attack people this way, but I've had enough. Not every opinion HAS to be defended. That's ridiculous and these forums are not a police state where people have to defend their beliefs to other people.

I'm just glad that Snyder is no longer involved with the DCEU. He basically derailed it before it even got started. At least without his involvement, we are getting some decent films. I enjoyed Wonder Woman and Shazam. They both had very different tones, obviously, but both were enjoyable. I haven't watched Aquaman yet, but plan to. Hopefully the Wonder Woman sequel will be good.

I'm just glad that Snyder is no longer involved with the DCEU. He basically derailed it before it even got started. At least without his involvement, we are getting some decent films. I enjoyed Wonder Woman and Shazam. They both had very different tones, obviously, but both were enjoyable. I haven't watched Aquaman yet, but plan to. Hopefully the Wonder Woman sequel will be good.
    I also haven't seen Aquaman yet but I enjoyed Wonder Woman and Shazam.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I saw Aquaman twice at the cinema, I have it and Wonder Woman on DVD, and in mid-July Shazam will be released on DVD.
    I will get Shazam on DVD and Wonder Woman eventually. I have various DC animated movies and TV shows but the only live action films I have are Batman 1-4. I only got it for Batman and Batman Returns. It worked out cheaper buying the boxset rather than the two movies separately.

I really enjoyed man of steel and justice league, didn't like batman v superman though, I don't know what camp that puts me in though