View Poll Results: Should the new movie include a Skeletor origin story?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it should be an important part of the first act.

2 25.00%
  • Yes but only mentioned in passing.

2 25.00%
  • No, I don’t think it’s important.

4 50.00%
  • I don’t care, either way is fine.

0 0%

Thread: Would you like a Keldor/Skeletor origin story in the upcoming movie?

Would you like a Keldor/Skeletor origin story in the upcoming movie?

Greetings fellow journey(wo)men!

With a potential new MOTU film on the horizon, I have been thinking to myself “what way are they going to play this?”. For instance, I’m a fan of the main antagonist’s origin story being fleshed out, I loved the Skeletor origin story told in the MYP cartoon.

Now my question to you is, would you like to see the movie include an origin story to Skeletor?

Not in this one.
    I think there's so much stuff they're going to need to introduce new audiences to, that cramming Skeletor's origin in there (in addition to He-Man/Adam) and explaining Eternia and Grayskull and all the rest, could end up bloating the movie. I'd rather see a lean, mean, streamlined script and if this one does well, subsequent movies can flesh out Skeletor's backstory (no pun intended).
    That's one of the things that I actually DO like about the '87 movie.
    We hit the ground running and never spent 3/4ths of the movie learning where He-Man and Skeletor came from.

I believe it could be done, but if you focus too much on Keldor's origin, you need to also tell He-man's origin as well. Doing that would set up a situation where He-man's presence in the movie would be a very small portion of what's going on. I know I've seen origin stories told in flashbacks, where the main character shows up fully formed and in the thick of the action, they then work their way back through the story, showing key moments that lead the character to the point they are as the hero. It takes a very non-linear approach, and can be difficult to follow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I actually like the idea of a prequel focussing more on Keldor/Skeletor, should this one do well of course, wish I had included that as an option on the poll!

Heroic Warrior
    I would identify Skeletor as Keldor but not put much time in it, because it isn't that important for this movie. Like, mention at the start that Randor's brother Keldor wasn't seen since the Great Unrest (or whatever thing in the past), maybe show Keldor getting skull faced while fulfilling the first stage of his plan (something really initial, like getting the Havoc Staff) and have a point where it is revealed to Adam that Skeletor is Keldor - which does not really mean much for Adam, I guess.
    If we get a sequel where Keldor's connection to the Evil Horde is important, we can get deeper into it.
    By the way, for a movie, I would simplify everything significantly. For example, make Keldor Randor's full brother and have him just have blue skin whithout explanation when we see him in the present for the first time. The explanation is obviously magic, but the movie doesn't have to spell it out.

Nope because Skeletor could carry a prequel movie based on its own popularity alone
    I'd like an entire movie based on one the most famous villain in the pop culture, infect there's enough material for 2hrs long, starting with Keldor then leading to The Great Battle with Randor and basically MYP "The Beginning" Skelly's storyline. A young Lyn with The Faceless One should be introudiced as well a young Trapjaw, sorta like X-men first class
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"