Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Super7 Wave Four 5.5" - Buzz Off, Evil-Lyn, Evil Seed, GITD He-man, Shadow Orko,

Quote Originally Posted by whakojacko View Post
    I honestly see zero benefit to buying these directly from Super 7 as opposed to BBTS. Better customer service with BBTS, easier to cancel your preorder, cheaper shipping options too. Also easier to add to an existing order. Plus if you collect other non Super 7 items you can combine them with your MOTU items and have them all shipped together with BBTS.
    What is BBTS?

Big Bad Toy Store. Online retailer.

Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER View Post
    She is a little bit smaller and thinner, IMO she is better on his stand to be displayed with vintage POP.

http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/autres/shado1.jpg

http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/autres/shado2.jpg

http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/autres/shado3.jpg
    oh wow, weaver looks good with vintage.. i'll be getting her for sure
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Heroic Warrior
    Wave 4 is now in stock at Big Bad Toy Store.
    Last edited by whakojacko; October 18, 2019 at 08:30am.

Wave 5 is now in stock at Big Bad Toy Store.
    You mean 4?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah sorry

I just got mine today, and just wanted to give a warning about buzz off. His wings are pretty brittle, and one of the posts broke when I was attaching them. It would probably be wise to heat them up first.

Heroic Warrior

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sailoruranus View Post
    I just got mine today, and just wanted to give a warning about buzz off. His wings are pretty brittle, and one of the posts broke when I was attaching them. It would probably be wise to heat them up first.
    Cash has been tight for me so I have not picked up any of these new figures. Other than Buzz Off is the line appropriate for kids to play with? I let my kids play with my Classics and in general they hold up other than the original King Grayskull that broke even during shipping. I normally pick up one to keep MOC and one for them to play with.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by sailoruranus View Post
    I was careful attaching mine based on what you said. Also based on what you said I would like to advise people to make sure that they are attaching each set of wings onto the correct side. It should be the longer wing on top for each side unless you personally want the smaller one on top. I recommend doing it the right way the first time since you probably won’t want to have to pull them back out for risk of breaking them.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwinter View Post
    Cash has been tight for me so I have not picked up any of these new figures. Other than Buzz Off is the line appropriate for kids to play with? I let my kids play with my Classics and in general they hold up other than the original King Grayskull that broke even during shipping. I normally pick up one to keep MOC and one for them to play with.
    I personally find this wave a bit more fragile than the previous one for whatever reason. Apparently Buzz-Off’s wings are fragile and it really seems like Stratos’s are as well. My Buzz-Off’s legs are pretty stiff too. I’m going to apply some heat before trying to move them into a proper standing position. I’m not sure how well the tail of Shadow Weaver’s hood will hold up during play as it’s pretty thin and made from a very hard plastic. Her and Evil Seed both are very hollow although there doesn’t look to be much on Evil Seed to break. Only 3 POAs. Evil Lyn is the only one I see little issue with in terms of fragility. They all look nice otherwise.

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar

I personally find this wave a bit more fragile than the previous one for whatever reason. Apparently Buzz-Off’s wings are fragile and it really seems like Stratos’s are as well. My Buzz-Off’s legs are pretty stiff too. I’m going to apply some heat before trying to move them into a proper standing position. I’m not sure how well the tail of Shadow Weaver’s hood will hold up during play as it’s pretty thin and made from a very hard plastic. Her and Evil Seed both are very hollow although there doesn’t look to be much on Evil Seed to break. Only 3 POAs. Evil Lyn is the only one I see little issue with in terms of fragility. They all look nice otherwise.
    I appreciate the response. The kids really want Shadoweaver and for obvious reasons the Classics version is not an option.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwinter View Post
    I appreciate the response. The kids really want Shadoweaver and for obvious reasons the Classics version is not an option.
    For my own personal needs Shadow Weaver is fine but yeah her hood and sleeves are a bit sharp. I honestly wasn’t expecting her to be like this. I thought the sleeves and hood would have been made of something a tad more rubbery.

Nice!

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

How does Weaver look with the Horde guys?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    How does Weaver look with the Horde guys?
    A6598B3E-8C19-4061-912F-5AEF32A73C34.jpg
    If I get time I’ll try to get better pics.

Just an FYI: Shadow Weaver has articulation at the wrist for anyone wondering.

- - - Updated - - -

One thing that I don’t care for with Shadow Weaver is the stand she comes with that is supposed to give the impression that she is floating. I don’t understand why it’s so big. It’s way too tall. I think they should have scaled it down quite a bit to help hide that it’s even there. As of right now I have a stack of 4 quarters centered under her to mimic her floating. It’s much less noticeable and creates the effect more convincingly. I’ll probably eventually customize a stand out of a water bottle cap or something sooner or later.

- - - Updated - - -

7F7D258F-D2C8-402B-BE23-56D47BB47503.jpg
    Here she is using the stack of quarters instead. Hard to get a good picture of it though. Looks better in person.
    Last edited by whakojacko; October 22, 2019 at 06:50pm.

Serving the Universe DennyCrane's Avatar
    Tried a milk jug cap? That ought to be the right diameter. Not sure about height.
    Shop DC Collectibles for Pop Culture Entertainment -
    Hot Toys, Action Figures, Game & Hobby, Comic Book, Retro / Vintage & More!
    http://DCCollect.com • #24Tuesday • Free Shipping • More!

Get Social for the latest news and reviews, product updates and sale announcements:
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Pinterest

Super7 Wave Four 5.5" - Buzz Off, Evil-Lyn, Evil Seed, GITD He-man, Shadow Orko,

Anyone order from Entertainment Earth and get theirs yet? Thinking about cancelling and re-ordering from BBTS.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mizterfish View Post
    Anyone order from Entertainment Earth and get theirs yet? Thinking about cancelling and re-ordering from BBTS.

I can’t answer that since I bought mine from BBTS but I have monitored these on several sites (EE included) since the earliest waves and out of all of them BBTS almost always seems to get these first. There are some companies outside of the US that get them sooner though. Also Super 7 had the “Statue” variants before BBTS. Otherwise it’s usually BBTS first. Some of the other sites seem to take an extra month plus to get these in for whatever reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    Tried a milk jug cap? That ought to be the right diameter. Not sure about height.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I did try this but it was a bit too big and can’t be hidden as well as something the size of those quarters.
    Last edited by whakojacko; October 25, 2019 at 10:49pm.

Serving the Universe DennyCrane's Avatar
    Happy to help and good to know. I'm getting her but will probably stay carded for the collection.
    Shop DC Collectibles for Pop Culture Entertainment -
    Hot Toys, Action Figures, Game & Hobby, Comic Book, Retro / Vintage & More!
    http://DCCollect.com • #24Tuesday • Free Shipping • More!

Get Social for the latest news and reviews, product updates and sale announcements:
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Pinterest

I got my shipment and Evilseed was missing from it. Annoying, but I emailed Super7 to see what they can do. There was no shipping invoice, but my original email has him listed there. Otherwise, the figures all seem fine paint app wise and as far as card condition goes. Will open 'em later. Shadow Weaver is my favorite so far!

Since I haven’t heard anything about EE getting their Wave 4 stock in yet, let alone shipping it out to those that pre-ordered, I cancelled my order and ordered from BBTS. It should ship within 2 days. Wish I had done that from the beginning.

Love this line and hate to see it end so early.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mizterfish View Post
    Since I haven’t heard anything about EE getting their Wave 4 stock in yet, let alone shipping it out to those that pre-ordered, I cancelled my order and ordered from BBTS. It should ship within 2 days. Wish I had done that from the beginning.

I don’t know what the deal is with a lot of these sites that carry them. Like I said BBTS from what I can tell is usually way ahead of everyone else with these. At one point I had Wave 1 She-Ra preordered from Deep Discount back this time last year and that went from ‘Preorder’ to ‘Backorder’ where they remained for the majority of 2019. I just noticed about a week ago that they were finally in stock. That’s about 1 whole year since they were released. All the other sites I monitor these on are usually way behind BBTS when it comes to these particular figures. Many still haven’t received Wave 3 yet. Maybe BBTS has some special relationship with Super 7.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipNSC7 View Post
    Love this line and hate to see it end so early.
    I feel the same . My hope is that the new origins line is more kid friendly.My children broke the Super7 guys in minutes. Those legs snap off so easily.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendfang View Post
    I feel the same . My hope is that the new origins line is more kid friendly.My children broke the Super7 guys in minutes. Those legs snap off so easily.
    I think they would be more kid friendly than the S7 ones, plus I think most of the figure comes apart and you will be able to swap parts.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |