Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Super7 Wave Four 5.5" - Buzz Off, Evil-Lyn, Evil Seed, GITD He-man, Shadow Orko,

They already took orders for it. It’s due in October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wave 4 is shipped by German retailers, so our Vintage Collection expert Sebastian takes a look (in German):

Transforming He-Man and Shadow Orko were shipped with wave 3:

News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

Heroic Warrior
    Thank goodness they toned-down Evil-Lyn’s yellowness.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    They all look really good, Evil-Lyn and Buzz-Off in particular. My preorder at BBTS should be charging soon then.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

I so wish I understood German. And that he had unboxed them...

...so it looks like Weaver *does* include a fabric cape!

Still haven’t seen a notice from Super7 about wave 3

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mizterfish View Post
    Still haven’t seen a notice from Super7 about wave 3

Wow really? I’ve had Wave 3 in hand for over a week now through BBTS. Apparently not much of a benefit getting them straight from the source. Seems like BBTS has always been ahead (of most) when it comes to these figures. I hope they ship for you guys soon. Does anyone think they might be waiting for Wave 4 and the all of “statue” variants as well as TF He-Man and Shadow Orko to get off the boat so they can ship them all out to people at the same time? If you purchased both waves that is.

Quote Originally Posted by whakojacko View Post
    Wow really? I’ve had Wave 3 in hand for over a week now through BBTS. Apparently not much of a benefit getting them straight from the source. Seems like BBTS has always been ahead (of most) when it comes to these figures. I hope they ship for you guys soon. Does anyone think they might be waiting for Wave 4 and the all of “statue” variants as well as TF He-Man and Shadow Orko to get off the boat so they can ship them all out to people at the same time? If you purchased both waves that is.
    Not sure... I ordered wave 4 from EE

Jessica Drew (Spider-Woman) is back!! Crow's Avatar
    I really don't see the point in ordering from Super 7 anymore. I'm going to go the BBTS route (already have with Ren/Stimpy, Thundercats, etc.). Plus, you get great customer service and only $4 to ship. I'll only use Super 7 for exclusives and their after con sales.

Crow T. Robot
    "Mike, what the hell is this?!"

"Into the sea of waking dreams, I follow without pride"---Sarah McLachlan Possession

W3 instock at bbts, still waiting for them from S7. glad i didn't make that mistake w/ W4- ordered them through bbts this time,
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

Quote Originally Posted by Spikor1982 View Post
    W3 instock at bbts, still waiting for them from S7. glad i didn't make that mistake w/ W4- ordered them through bbts this time,
    Did you get your wave 3 ship notification today? Got mine later in the day.

Lot of people seem to like these things. These are the only MOTU figures that seem weird to me and I really didn't think they'd go over well. They're like a combo of Club Grayskull and vintage and since we already had our vintage collections and Club Grayskull is out there among the masses, it just seems like our money is getting taken a second time somehow for the same thing instead of something new. I don't know. Hey, if you guys like them, that's all that matters.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Palazzolor View Post
    Lot of people seem to like these things. These are the only MOTU figures that seem weird to me and I really didn't think they'd go over well. They're like a combo of Club Grayskull and vintage and since we already had our vintage collections and Club Grayskull is out there among the masses, it just seems like our money is getting taken a second time somehow for the same thing instead of something new. I don't know. Hey, if you guys like them, that's all that matters.
    I’m just not really into 7 inch figures. My big thing is that I strongly prefer stuff like She-Ra, Evilseed, and Shadow Weaver with no vintage toy counterpart or Hordak, Evil-Lyn or Skeletor, who are very different.

I wish they had skipped Adam, Stratos, and Buzzoff in favor of stuff like Randor (who would have a completely different body than the vintage toy) or Marlena (who has no vintage figure and probably could have been based off the new Shadow Weaver). Or stuff like Negator and Plundor.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    I’m just not really into 7 inch figures. My big thing is that I strongly prefer stuff like She-Ra, Evilseed, and Shadow Weaver with no vintage toy counterpart or Hordak, Evil-Lyn or Skeletor, who are very different.

I wish they had skipped Adam, Stratos, and Buzzoff in favor of stuff like Randor (who would have a completely different body than the vintage toy) or Marlena (who has no vintage figure and probably could have been based off the new Shadow Weaver). Or stuff like Negator and Plundor.
    Pretty much the exact same story here. I’m not a huge fan of 6+ inch figures (Exception being DCC’s Batman Animated figures) so I never bought into the Classics or Club Grayskull stuff. I simply prefer the Vintage asthstetic to anything else MOTU. I thought the Origins Prince Adam looked nice but I doubt I’ll be purchasing anything from that line as well.

...and yeah if there were any three figures they could have skipped in this Neo-Vintage line it would have been Adam, Stratos and Buzz-Off. Stratos and Buzz-Off look fine but they are just of low interest to me. Adam is ok... not terrible but definitely my least favorite of all the Neo-Vintage figures. I just wish they would have slightly modified his face from He-Man’s. Marlena, Scorpia and Catra would have been more to my liking.

Heroic Warrior
    Pretty much the exact same story here. I’m not a huge fan of 6+ inch figures (Exception being DCC’s Batman Animated figures) so I never bought into the Classics or Club Grayskull stuff. I simply prefer the Vintage asthstetic to anything else MOTU. I thought the Origins Prince Adam looked nice but I doubt I’ll be purchasing anything from that line as well.

...and yeah if there were any three figures they could have skipped in this Neo-Vintage line it would have been Adam, Stratos and Buzz-Off. Stratos and Buzz-Off look fine but they are just of low interest to me. Adam is ok... not terrible but definitely my least favorite of all the Neo-Vintage figures. I just wish they would have slightly modified his face from He-Man’s. Marlena, Scorpia and Catra would have been more to my liking.
    See: personally, I am hoping to go all in on Origins but the Super7 stuff that has my eye is stuff I doubt Origins would do, PARTICULARLY stuff that stands apart from vintage toys or which has no vintage toy counterpart.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I purchased Teela and Skeletor over the weekend, these have made it to British comic stores so it was nice to see a big display of vintage MOTU figures. I think part of the appeal of this line is the packaging, the overall product looks nice and is nostalgic, even though the figure itself might not be robust.

I think if the Club Grayskull figures came on vintage red/blue packing then this Neo Vintage line wouldn't have happened.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Just got Shadow Weaver.
    The figure is great, just a little bit too shiny but the result is very fine.
    Plastic used is pretty good.
    With swivel hands (nice surprise) and the fabric cape.
    Stand can be removed easely.

Last edited by TOKYONEVER; September 28, 2019 at 08:27am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER View Post
    Just got Shadow Weaver.
    The figure is great, just a little bit too shiny but the result is very fine.
    Plastic used is pretty good.
    With swivel hands (nice surprise) and the fabric cape.
    Stand can be removed easely.
    Congrats! Yeah she’s pretty nice looking. Seeing her makes me sad that we’ll never see Bow, Catra, Octavia, Glimmer, Adora or Scorpia in this style.

that shadow waever is nice. congrats

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

That's a great looking Shadow Weaver. Can't wait to get mine!

ReAction Master
    Beautiful figure. What could have been...

If/when Mattel abandons MOTU again, I wonder if there will be enough of us left for Super7 to pick up where they left off?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun Flaherty View Post

If/when Mattel abandons MOTU again, I wonder if there will be enough of us left for Super7 to pick up where they left off?
    I’d rather have several years with no MOTU product.

I don’t see that as abandonment. I think it’s terrible for brands like this if they don’t take 3 or 4 year breaks now and then.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun Flaherty View Post

YeS PLEASE S7 CONTINUE THIS LINE! saying when Mattel quits again. The new figures they are making is not for us vintage fans. The new collectors only wants games so they probably wont sell. Lol Back to this vintage line s7 hopefully soon.

Congrats! Yeah she’s pretty nice looking. Seeing her makes me sad that we’ll never see Bow, Catra, Octavia, Glimmer, Adora or Scorpia in this style.
    DON'T SAY THAT! KEEP HOPE ALIVE!

Seriously Weaver looks very good. I wish she were more red that maroon, but hey....a commercially-made widely-available COTU-esque Weaver? Shut up and take my money.

(And give me Bow, Scorpia, Catra, Glimmer, Adora, Octavia....)

Heroic Warrior
    It’s a shame they didn’t plan a bit better because I think the base sculpt for Shadow Weaver would have been a great Marlena.

Am I alone in thinking Evilseed looks like he’d be at home with Funko’s 5.5 inch Rick and Morty figures?