Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Super7 Wave Four 5.5" - Buzz Off, Evil-Lyn, Evil Seed, GITD He-man, Shadow Orko,

Heroic Warrior
    Blow up Mattel on All social media we want more Super7 motu products. They want to make them Mattel wants to force origins down our throats. Btw can wait for this wave to hit

Heroic Warrior
    I want Origins more than I want this. This is why social media pushes like this are silly. Am I supposed to petition them never to let Super touch MOTU again just to counterbalance the anti-Origins folks?

Heroic Warrior
    I am the opposite would rather have Club Grayskull and Filmation 5.5 then origins. Should be a way we all get products we want like every other brand but when it’s life or death for a company we get 1 product

Quote Originally Posted by quick16tt View Post
    I am the opposite would rather have Club Grayskull and Filmation 5.5 then origins. Should be a way we all get products we want like every other brand but when it’s life or death for a company we get 1 product
    Then you have pretty much answered the question for yourself why Mattel want to be the only one making MOTUC products.

It's a shame there won't be anymore vintage 5.5" figures, those look pretty cool and I am thinking of getting some, but I am really excited for the Origins toyline.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    DON'T SAY THAT! KEEP HOPE ALIVE!

Seriously Weaver looks very good. I wish she were more red that maroon, but hey....a commercially-made widely-available COTU-esque Weaver? Shut up and take my money.

(And give me Bow, Scorpia, Catra, Glimmer, Adora, Octavia....)
    I donít know... The fact that Mattel put an end to these because they thought it might hurt the sales of the Origins line seems a bit ridiculous. I think they should just let Super 7 just keep doing their thing. Personally I think there is room for both. IF Origins fails I donít think it will have anything to do with the continuation of Vintage or Retro. I donít quite understand ďOriginsĒ. The only figure that made sense to me was the blue-vested Prince Adam with the comic book head sculpt. He was something different. Iím not seeing the appeal of these personally. It almost seems that this is a step backwards from Classics from a sculpt and articulation standpoint but then in a way everything since Classics has been a step backwards in the sense. On the other hand I see the appeal of the Retros because they speak to the adult collector of today who was a kid in the 1970s and 1980s as this was the style of a good chunk of figures from that era. Plus MOTU hadnít really been done like that before. The Vintage line is similar to the Retro line again speaking to the adult collector born in that era but this was more of a supplement to the existing line you had as a kid. Hereís a chance to add to what MOTU you already own. Then Origins feels like hereís your chance to start the whole thing over again for whatís likely the 3rd time for many collectors. Assuming that they likely owned the original figures, possibly bought into Classics due to the upgrade in articulation and now Origins. It just seems to me that what Origins is trying to do was already done only better throughout the Classics or Club Grayskull line. Personally I donít need yet another Beastman or Teela for the umpteenth time that doesnít look that much different than the others. Itís not that Origins is terrible although thereís something about them that makes me think of the MOTU Robot Chicken segments... Theyíre fine figures but it just feels like this line should have preceded Classics at least in my opinion. The good news is that they will have a retail presence (maybe) as well as a movie (maybe) to back them up. Plus maybe weíll see if these get picked by fans/collectors that didnít buy the previous MOTU lines that sold most heavily online. Oh and $15 per figure sounds reasonable compared to what weíve been paying... gotta give Ďem that. Itíll be interesting to see how these fair once theyíre released. To each his own. If you like them buy them and enjoy them.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by whakojacko View Post
    I don’t quite understand “Origins”.

They pretty clearly stated that they wanted to get MOTU back into the hands of kids to build a new generation of fans. How is it that folks around here can't see past the tip of their own nose with this stuff? Always "classics this and that". F' classic for all I care, that line has run its course after 10 years. Us older guys have gotten so much out of this franchise, starting with the original toys and various later iterations. I think it's time to make some room for a new generation of children to get hooked in the same way. And the figures produced by S7 are simply not meant to be played with, let's be honest.
    Last edited by Lasastard; October 2, 2019 at 04:07am.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasastard View Post
    They pretty clearly stated that they wanted to get MOTU back into the hands of kids to build a new generation of fans. How is it that folks around here can't see past the tip of their own nose with this stuff? Always "classics this and that". F' classic for all I care, that line has run its course after 10 years. Us older guys have gotten so much out of this franchise, starting with the original toys and various later iterations. I think it's time to make some room for a new generation of children to get hooked in the same way. And the figures produced by S7 are simply not meant to be played with, let's be honest.
    I believe we are all in agreement that motu needs the new and young generation, it make sense to all parties from to stakeholders (that is mattel) to that simplest casual motu fan.

The issue with classics is that how it was being considered as a "sort of hindrance" to origin and in maybe the plan in attracting new and young fans. Classics can coexist to whatever Mattel plans and to Origins. Classics don't take resources away from Origins and from Mattel itself, it being currently in the hands of Super7. Also Classics market is the adult collector market thru pre-orders which does not hinder in acquiring the target market of Origins which is more to the masses and it being offered via retailing.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by motogp_fanatic; October 2, 2019 at 06:04am.
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Couldn't agree more. Well said.

Heroic Warrior
    Look I understood when the new She-Ra stuff was put out there in line with the new Netflix series. The cartoon and the toys both reflect a modern style. This Origins Series seems like the closest thing it reflects is the original MOTU figures and to a lesser extent the old DC comics. This is targeted towards kids? Mattel clearly looks to attract the old crowd with these. Even the packaging mirrors the original line. If it was truly a line aimed at kids they should have modernized the style a bit more if you ask me. The kids aren’t interested in this stuff the same way kids were 20+ years ago. Sure some kids will enjoy these but if the goal is to get the kids interested I think they need an updated spin on this. Let the kids have their own MOTU lines not one that straddles the line between the old and the new yet heavily leaning towards the old. Let the old guys have their own lines.

Look I understood when the new She-Ra stuff was put out there in line with the new Netflix series. The cartoon and the toys both reflect a modern style. This Origins Series seems like the closest thing it reflects is the original MOTU figures and to a lesser extent the old DC comics. This is targeted towards kids? Mattel clearly looks to attract the old crowd with these. Even the packaging mirrors the original line. If it was truly a line aimed at kids they should have modernized the style a bit more if you ask me. The kids arenít interested in this stuff the same way kids were 20+ years ago. Sure some kids will enjoy these but if the goal is to get the kids interested I think they need an updated spin on this. Let the kids have their own MOTU lines not one that straddles the line between the old and the new yet heavily leaning towards the old. Let the old guys have their own lines.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post

Thanks and to your point, I believe we all agree we need new blood in the MOTU world... universe too. Just like DC and Marvel characters, I want to see these MOTU characters stick around for 80+ years (we’re almost half way there). And I’m not saying Origins is some horrible line that will absolutely end in chaos lol. I’m just sayin I don’t understand it on a few levels. When I first saw the alternate heads for He-Man and Prince Adam I thought this might be a line that focuses more on the Mini Comics and/or the Alcala style but it just looks like a slightly updated versions of the actual original figures. Either way I don’t think this caters towards the kids if that’s the goal... which just confuses me all the more.

And as I said before, those of you that like them can buy them and enjoy them. That’s awesome and to each his own.
    Last edited by whakojacko; October 2, 2019 at 09:54am.

Thanks and to your point, I believe we all agree we need new blood in the MOTU world... universe too. Just like DC and Marvel characters, I want to see these MOTU characters stick around for 80+ years (we’re almost half way there). And I’m not saying Origins is some horrible line that will absolutely end in chaos lol. I’m just sayin I don’t understand it on a few levels. When I first saw the alternate heads for He-Man and Prince Adam I thought this might be a line that focuses more on the Mini Comics and/or the Alcala style but it just looks like a slightly updated versions of the actual original figures. Either way I don’t think this caters towards the kids if that’s the goal... which just confuses me all the more.

And as I said before, those of you that like them can buy them and enjoy them. That’s awesome and to each his own.
    Personally I am not a big fan of the new Origins head. it's nice enough but I prefer the vintage head. Hopefully Mattel will update the Origins head sculpt.

The only way for MOTU to get in new fans is to focus on things for new fans not just stuff aimed at adult collectors.

Heroic Warrior
    Setting aside kids for a moment:

The majority of older MOTU fans don’t know Classics or Super7 or He-man.org exist and probably don’t still own many or any figures.

A competing line when it comes to Google search rankings and stuff is not ideal.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    Setting aside kids for a moment:

The majority of older MOTU fans don’t know Classics or Super7 or He-man.org exist and probably don’t still own many or any figures.
    True but the only question I would have about this is how many of these people are people that will actually buy these or any action figures for that matter. Most of my friends had MOTU figures as kids but I can guarantee they would not purchase any today. A fan does not necessarily equal a buyer.

I see a logic behind a lot of what Mattel is doing here but I still think there’s some flaws to it. In fairness to them, maybe this was a mandate sent down by the retailers. “We’ll purchase these with the condition that nothing else similar that you have out there currently can interfere with these.”

I am glad Mattel is pulling MOTU back in house. I have not been happy with the S7 issues. The only thing that seems to come out without any QC issues has been the vintage figures. I love them and would love to see it continue but with Mattel and not S7. Sorry but I have paid premium prices for lackluster figures long enough. PLUS I love the $14.99 price point. LOVE Classics but feel that after 11 years, it is time to put it to rest. I for one am glad Origins is coming and I'm hoping they sell great and kids love it. We need new fans so regardless of what is offered through Mattel, I'm in. I'm just glad for the opportunity to walk into my local store and see MOTU on the pegs again.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by HORDAK004 View Post
    I have not been happy with the S7 issues. The only thing that seems to come out without any QC issues has been the vintage figures.
    Umm... are you sure you’re thinking of the vintage style figures? Lol

Cause there were some serious breakage issues with these early on. It a shame now that they’ve seemed to improve that it’s coming to an end.

How does Weaver look next to a vintage POP She-Ra?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    How does Weaver look next to a vintage POP She-Ra?
    She is a little bit smaller and thinner, IMO she is better on his stand to be displayed with vintage POP.

Heroic Warrior
    I don’t know... The fact that Mattel put an end to these because they thought it might hurt the sales of the Origins line seems a bit ridiculous. I think they should just let Super 7 just keep doing their thing. Personally I think there is room for both. IF Origins fails I don’t think it will have anything to do with the continuation of Vintage or Retro. I don’t quite understand “Origins”. The only figure that made sense to me was the blue-vested Prince Adam with the comic book head sculpt. He was something different. I’m not seeing the appeal of these personally. It almost seems that this is a step backwards from Classics from a sculpt and articulation standpoint but then in a way everything since Classics has been a step backwards in the sense. On the other hand I see the appeal of the Retros because they speak to the adult collector of today who was a kid in the 1970s and 1980s as this was the style of a good chunk of figures from that era. Plus MOTU hadn’t really been done like that before. The Vintage line is similar to the Retro line again speaking to the adult collector born in that era but this was more of a supplement to the existing line you had as a kid. Here’s a chance to add to what MOTU you already own. Then Origins feels like here’s your chance to start the whole thing over again for what’s likely the 3rd time for many collectors. Assuming that they likely owned the original figures, possibly bought into Classics due to the upgrade in articulation and now Origins. It just seems to me that what Origins is trying to do was already done only better throughout the Classics or Club Grayskull line. Personally I don’t need yet another Beastman or Teela for the umpteenth time that doesn’t look that much different than the others. It’s not that Origins is terrible although there’s something about them that makes me think of the MOTU Robot Chicken segments... They’re fine figures but it just feels like this line should have preceded Classics at least in my opinion. The good news is that they will have a retail presence (maybe) as well as a movie (maybe) to back them up. Plus maybe we’ll see if these get picked by fans/collectors that didn’t buy the previous MOTU lines that sold most heavily online. Oh and $15 per figure sounds reasonable compared to what we’ve been paying... gotta give ‘em that. It’ll be interesting to see how these fair once they’re released. To each his own. If you like them buy them and enjoy them.
    Well said.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Quote Originally Posted by HORDAK004 View Post
    I am glad Mattel is pulling MOTU back in house. I have not been happy with the S7 issues. The only thing that seems to come out without any QC issues has been the vintage figures. I love them and would love to see it continue but with Mattel and not S7. Sorry but I have paid premium prices for lackluster figures long enough. PLUS I love the $14.99 price point. LOVE Classics but feel that after 11 years, it is time to put it to rest. I for one am glad Origins is coming and I'm hoping they sell great and kids love it. We need new fans so regardless of what is offered through Mattel, I'm in. I'm just glad for the opportunity to walk into my local store and see MOTU on the pegs again.
    Yes the vintage figures look awesome.

When Origins does hit the toy isles I hope the scalpers don't ruin it for new fan and actually leave some products on the shelves for kids to buy.
    And I hope Mattel doesn't repeat the distribution/case ratio mistake of 200X.

Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER View Post
    She is a little bit smaller and thinner, IMO she is better on his stand to be displayed with vintage POP.

http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/autres/shado1.jpg

http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/autres/shado2.jpg

http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/autres/shado3.jpg
    Shadow Weaver fits well with vintage POP. That is nice.

Heroic Warrior
    The way I see it, if we were only to get one figure out of this line, Shadow Weaver was the one. She looks excellent too.

Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER View Post

http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/autres/shado1.jpg

http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/autres/shado2.jpg

http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/autres/shado3.jpg
    OMG ... Five year old me is GEEKING OUT AT THESE PICS!!!

Thank you so much for posting them! *Happy dance* A dream realized!

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Shadow Weaver fits well with vintage POP. That is nice.

I think it's a.... funny Weaver but still inferior (moreso a fan custom) in respect to the amazing original she-ra from the 80s. Look at that! Still rocking 30+ years later, just unbelievable. It's a test of quality over time!
    Now S7 give me a ReAction Ghostbusters Prime Evil and I'll be fine
    Last edited by Triklops 1; October 3, 2019 at 07:17pm.
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

I was recently thinking that I had no idea when these are supposed to ship and then I got an email from Super7 today. Apparently they are shipping within a few weeks. I ordered Evil-Lyn and Shadow Weaver; they'll look great displayed with the other vintage figures.