Thread: Super7 Japanese Box 5.5" He-Man and Skeletor

Super7 Japanese Box 5.5" He-Man and Skeletor

I must admit that I am loving the boxes that these guys come in. I think they are quite a bit more special than the Los Amos editions which I did not get. But I already own the single carded figures and the Epic Battles figures, so do I really need a third figure of each? I really like those boxes though! Arghhh...Attachment 119986
    Last edited by depp76; April 4, 2019 at 09:50pm.

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    I must admit that I am loving the boxes that these guys come in. I think they are quite a bit more special than the Los Amos editions which I did not get. But I already own the single carded figures and the Epic Battles figures, so do I really need a third figure of each? I really like those boxes though! Arghhh...Attachment 119986
    I like them too! The 5.5 Gargamel vinyl figures also came in these boxes and the vinyl figures fit perfectly to this style. I would have prefered more Gargamel figures (with new characters) instead of the neo vintages but i understand the decision for this release.

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    Just for the boxes, these are collection worthy presentation.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

sofubi pics for comparison:
    s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg

These are cool on so many levels.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

I pre-ordered a Skeletor via BBTS, purely as a display piece. I've wanted a figure using this packaging art for years!

The boxes look so great, but I'm not collecting the filmation 5.5" figures. I really wish Super7 had an interest in reissuing some of the original toy-line figures. A classic 80's He-Man and Skeletor with this presentation would've been really cool.

Will just reuse this topic...

Anyway, I just wanted to ask those who already have this in hand:

1. Does the package have an inner blister for additional protection or is He-Man just secured by a twist-tie at the back of the cardboard?

2. Is it the same He-Man figure or is it a different production run of the same mold but with design improvements like a better harness?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    The boxes look so great, but I'm not collecting the filmation 5.5" figures. I really wish Super7 had an interest in reissuing some of the original toy-line figures. A classic 80's He-Man and Skeletor with this presentation would've been really cool.
    They’re not allowed to.

Serving the Universe DennyCrane's Avatar
    Mattel already had original reissues made. Look up Commemorative Series. They were limited editions. At this stage with Origins on the horizon, I doubt Mattel would want such similar (and arguably superior) product out there to compete with Origins.
    Shop DC Collectibles for Pop Culture Entertainment -
    Hot Toys, Action Figures, Game & Hobby, Comic Book, Retro / Vintage & More!
    http://DCCollect.com • #24Tuesday • Free Shipping • More!

Get Social for the latest news and reviews, product updates and sale announcements:
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Pinterest

Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    I doubt Mattel would want such similar (and arguably superior) product out there to compete with Origins.
    You are joking, right?

Serving the Universe DennyCrane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    You are joking, right?
    About original Mattel being superior to Origins? Not at all. Adding articulation to those sculpts doesn't automatically make them superior. Balance is important too. If those figures aren't readily available though on shelves or preorder? Makes Origins look a whole lot better. Mattel knows this and for a while at least will be going out of their way to eliminate the "competition".
    Last edited by DennyCrane; October 20, 2019 at 06:03pm.
    Shop DC Collectibles for Pop Culture Entertainment -
    Hot Toys, Action Figures, Game & Hobby, Comic Book, Retro / Vintage & More!
    http://DCCollect.com • #24Tuesday • Free Shipping • More!

Get Social for the latest news and reviews, product updates and sale announcements:
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Pinterest

Commemoratives were not great.

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suckator View Post
    Commemoratives were not great.
    You don’t like He-Man’s new face?

I was still a sucker and bought them all. I still have my Legends of Eternia 10 pack although it got damaged in a move.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    About original Mattel being superior to Origins? Not at all. Adding articulation to those sculpts doesn't automatically make them superior. Balance is important too. If those figures aren't readily available though on shelves or preorder? Makes Origins look a whole lot better. Mattel knows this and for a while at least will be going out of their way to eliminate the "competition".
    Thought you meant Super 7, not original Mattel.

Figures...

Got to say this...the Japanese box looks great as presentation to this neo-vintage, better than the los amos packaging and the 2pack packaging... of course the exploding rock cardback is still the best for me.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Figures...

Got to say this...the Japanese box looks great as presentation to this neo-vintage, better than the los amos packaging and the 2pack packaging... of course the exploding rock cardback is still the best for me.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    The art work and design of the Japanese Super 7 boxes are beautiful.

Has anyone opened their Japanese box He-man or Skeletor? I'm wondering if they're identical to the wave 1 releases, or if they have improved QC (i.e. functional hips that won't break) like the later waves have had.

Quote Originally Posted by clark View Post
    Has anyone opened their Japanese box He-man or Skeletor? I'm wondering if they're identical to the wave 1 releases, or if they have improved QC (i.e. functional hips that won't break) like the later waves have had.
    I’ve opened the Japanese-boxed He-Man & Skeletor. They definitely feel sturdier/higher quality than the first release figures. I have both releases open and compared. The Japanese-boxed figures feel very much like the wave 2 - 4 figures.
    SUPERHEMANMIKE

"It tasted good..." - Gwildor