Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 156 Discussion

Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 156 Discussion

Episode 156 of He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner is here!
    We hope you're hungry.

Val Staples, Danielle Gelehrter, Nate Baertsch, Rob Base, and Daniel Benedict are back to discuss He-Man and She-Ra.

In this episode they discuss
    matte finish on figures,
    Power-Con 2019,
    She-Ra and the Princesses of Power,
    Attendee and Non-Attendee pre-sales,
    exclusives pricing,
    New Adventures toys,
    12" Starburst She-Ra,
    soft goods,
    Slamurai symbol design,
    history of the characters in the 3-pack,
    bringing family to Power-Con,
    cost of travel,
    and much more!

Also, don't forget the Roast Gooble Dinner iPhone App, which is great for organizing and downloading current and past episodes. Click here to get yours today!

And if you have a comment or a question, please call us at (310) 933-5993 or at our Skype account "roastgooble" and leave a voicemail (in Skype, please go to Call Phones and enter roastgooble as the phone number and dial in. Please do not add roastgooble to your contact list as we won't accept the request. Sorry!) We'll try to work your voicemail into the show, so please call! Otherwise, you can e-mail us at gooble (at) he-man (dot) org. One or more of the hosts will read your e-mail on the show. Please keep e-mails short and sweet!

So pull up your chair and fill up your plate! It's time to chow down on a tasty serving of fandom here on He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner!

Recorded on April 4, 2019
    Runtime: 1 hour, 13 minutes, 20 seconds

Direct link for Episode 156

Subscription info:

Link to subscribe with iTunes
    or
    Direct link to RSS feed
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

More! MOAR!

Doing a good job at keeping this a weekly thing guys, I appreciate it! I’m loving the show. Is there a way to listen to those shows that don’t show up on the iTunes feed?

- - - Updated - - -

I see that the Roast Gooble app has episodes 1-48 (iTunes only goes down to 49) but no 145-152 sadly!

- - - Updated - - -

Recznt Roast Gooble confirmed what you said, these PC exclusives are produced at the Mattel factory.
    Interested in the following loose Classics figures: Ram Man, Griffin, Mekaneck, 200x King Hisss and figure stands (prefer Snake Mountain stands)!

Contact me per PM or my razzerian@gmail.com

Looking to pre-order Snake Mountain? Check out this thread to see where you can do so! Found a new retailer selling it, drop a line in said thread to add it to the list.

I am always hungry for more Gooble, very excited to listen!

As to the topic of the podcast, I get that people think $165,- for a 3-pack is “too much” or $55,- per figure is too much. But complaining about itvis pointless, if you really think it’s too much, maybe pass on these figures? I get that being priced out isn’t fun. But you need to understand that it’s either at these numbers, or no figures at all. These are exclusives after all.

Personally I will probably only end up getting the Slimepit He-Man through SPACE, depending on the final price, since they will have to mark up more in regards to importing those figures as well.

Let’s just all be happy that we’re getting annual exclusives to begin with! Like the guys (and lady) mentioned on this episode, many other brands don’t even get an exclusive figure. And when they do they’re usually straight up repaints.
    Interested in the following loose Classics figures: Ram Man, Griffin, Mekaneck, 200x King Hisss and figure stands (prefer Snake Mountain stands)!

Contact me per PM or my razzerian@gmail.com

Looking to pre-order Snake Mountain? Check out this thread to see where you can do so! Found a new retailer selling it, drop a line in said thread to add it to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzerian View Post
    Personally I will probably only end up getting the Slimepit He-Man through SPACE, depending on the final price, since they will have to mark up more in regards to importing those figures as well.
    The prices from BBTS and SPACE are posted on the Power-Con site
    Not sure when their sales start on the 8th though.
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

I'm thinking I'll do 2020 instead of this year's con and- based on where it's held (fingers crossed for Anaheim again!), save money starting soon(ish) and plan on that bigger week-long CA adventure next August. But every time I hear the new podcasts, I end up hopping on Jetblue "just out of curiousity" and looking at the dates for this year... LOL!

Heroic Master of Typos davidlogan's Avatar
    Listening now. Here's hoping the full artwork from that 3 pack is revealed soon!
    "..."

Heroic Warrior
    Fell asleep halfway through it, so I'll have to re-listen again tonight.

Not saying it was boring, BTW, I was just very tired.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    Fell asleep halfway through it, so I'll have to re-listen again tonight.

Not saying it was boring, BTW, I was just very tired.
    It was the soothing tones of my voice.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    It was the soothing tones of my voice.

That MUST have been it!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Another great episode, I think itís great to have the insight around the cost of the exclusives. I managed to reach out to the very kind offer from luge on the forums to pick these up for me. So happy that this Avenue was offered for international fans, and all fans that are unable to make it. It softens the blow slightly of not being there.
    "Where does he get those wonderful toys?"

Good podcast, I appreciated getting the exclusives through the non-attendee program before, and I'm totally fine with the new programs for getting the figures.

While listening to this episode, it made me sad that Val has to continually justify the costs of these exclusives EVERY year. It’s almost as if people continually don’t pay attention when he explains the economics of this stuff or they just go out of their way to forget every year. Either way, it’s tiring.

The business model is MORE than fair and I appreciate what Val and the entire Power Con staff do for us every year. Thanks, guys. Looking forward to Anaheim!

Heroic Warrior AlternativeMindz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Ham View Post
    While listening to this episode, it made me sad that Val has to continually justify the costs of these exclusives EVERY year. Itís almost as if people continually donít pay attention when he explains the economics of this stuff or they just go out of their way to forget every year. Either way, itís tiring.

The business model is MORE than fair and I appreciate what Val and the entire Power Con staff do for us every year. Thanks, guys. Looking forward to Anaheim!
    Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    www.alternativemindz.com

Abstract the Perspective

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Ham View Post
    While listening to this episode, it made me sad that Val has to continually justify the costs of these exclusives EVERY year. It’s almost as if people continually don’t pay attention when he explains the economics of this stuff or they just go out of their way to forget every year. Either way, it’s tiring.

In general, for whatever reason, a number of people don't take the time to read or listen. I've lost count of how many times we post information in a social media post only for someone to ask a question answered by that very same post.

For example, there were a dozen or so people really angry when they discovered the BBTS and SPACE pricing when the Non-Attendee pre-sales went live, despite the prices having been posted on the Power-Con site weeks ago, along with the Attendee-to-Non-Attendee option where they could have saved money through other fans.

So I've just gotten use to repeatedly explaining. If I'm really busy, I may instead cite a previous post or link to where the info exists.

Thank you for everythin' you did and you're doin'.
    It's weird to hear from you the same things that I thought about my death all this stuff that I will leave behind.
    A big hug to everybody!
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; April 12, 2019 at 06:33pm.
    I met 3 heroes: their names are Jedi_Kunle, Mikethedrummer and Miracle Max.
    And I also met an angel called David. Good journey, sit tibi terra levis.

Heroic Warrior AlternativeMindz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    Thank you for everythin' you did and you're doin'.
    It's weird to hear from you the same things that I thought about my death all this stuff that I will leave behind.
    A big hug to everybody!
    Right back at ya!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    www.alternativemindz.com

Abstract the Perspective