Thread: Has She-Ra and the Princesses of Power introduced you to Masters of the Universe?

Has She-Ra and the Princesses of Power introduced you to Masters of the Universe?

I'm really curious if we have any newcomers here who have been introduced to the world of Masters of the Universe through the Netflix She-Ra and the Princesses of Power! Looking at some of the cool cosplay group photos that have been posted and hearing a lot of the feedback it seems that the show definitely seems to be reaching a different demographic of fans, predominantly folks in their late teens- mid 20s viewers. I'm guessing there are lots of folks watching the show for whom this is their first introduction to Masters of the Universe.

I'm actually really curious what you think about the property coming to it fresh. Are you checking out the older She-Ra stuff? Interested in MOTU as a whole? If you're a new fan to the world of He-Man and She-Ra what are your thoughts so far?
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

In a sense for me. I was familiar with MotU as a brand in itself, but I had never actually checked it out. The hype with She-Ra's release, along with a Tumblr blog I follow posting a couple clips of the original She-Ra show, got me to start checking out the original two shows wholeheartedly.

I am not sure the youngsters visit message boards with all of their social media sites - LOL!
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    I am not sure the youngsters visit message boards with all of their social media sites - LOL!
    I'm pretty sure most go to places like Discord or Reddit, over social media sites when it comes to that kind of thing.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    Yeah, I'm under the impression that message forums have never been a thing for the younger generations that have grown up in a Facebook/Twitter world. Plus all the loops one needs to go through in order to register at He-Man.org have probably put off and kept away the few that maybe ever visited this site.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Hey there, just a little bit late but I'm one of these fans! Kind of. I'd always been passingly familiar with MotU and was kind of into its aesthetic (and randomly knew about Wonderbread He-Man???), plus I've been a fan of the 1987 movie for years, but I didn't ACTUALLY get into the series proper until the Netflix series was announced. Since then, I've been voraciously consuming every bit of MotU media I can find (including watching all of New Adventures, which reminds me -- is there a support group for people who watched all of NA? I think I need an adult.)

I also know a few other people who got into the vintage series through similar routes but they definitely aren't the message board types, and also didn't get into the series hardcore enough to watch NA.

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Yeah, I'm under the impression that message forums have never been a thing for the younger generations that have grown up in a Facebook/Twitter world. Plus all the loops one needs to go through in order to register at He-Man.org have probably put off and kept away the few that maybe ever visited this site.
    I mean... you aren't wrong! I'm in my late 20s, so I have the excuse of being from the tail-end of message board culture, but I'll just say that... I wish I had known to sign up with my business e-mail, instead of my Gmail account.

(... the avatar I would have chosen would be a really low-quality screencap of Slush Head that made me chuckle, though, so I'm pretty happy with what I managed to get as an avatar anyways)

Quote Originally Posted by LordMo View Post
    I mean... you aren't wrong! I'm in my late 20s, so I have the excuse of being from the tail-end of message board culture, but I'll just say that... I wish I had known to sign up with my business e-mail, instead of my Gmail account.

(... the avatar I would have chosen would be a really low-quality screencap of Slush Head that made me chuckle, though, so I'm pretty happy with what I managed to get as an avatar anyways)
    You can still change your e-mail adress, which I believe should grant you full access?
    Interested in the following loose Classics figures: Ram Man, Griffin, Mekaneck, 200x King Hisss and figure stands (prefer Snake Mountain stands)!

Contact me per PM or my razzerian@gmail.com

Looking to pre-order Snake Mountain? Check out this thread to see where you can do so! Found a new retailer selling it, drop a line in said thread to add it to the list.