Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: ReAction MOTU Variable Variants and Slime Pit He-Man

Widget
    Finally got slime and Hordak after almost 3 weeks (and I live about 35 min away from the San Fran store!). The paint apps on my Slime Pit are much better than those posted earlier. I really like Hordak though. Nice to have him in the collection, and looking forward to blowing a bunch of cash on the upcoming wave.

Gotta say, opening these and seeing the art on the cards makes for a cool experience. I’m a huge Star Wars junky, but I don’t feel quite the nostalgia and delight seeing those cards as I do these ReAction figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Rammy View Post
    ...Man-At-Arms ...I've bought TWO! And of course I bought TWO Ram Men.
    Hmmm, I don't think I'll buy directly from The States again, I'll have to use eBay instead. It's nobody's fault, but the CUSTOMS & EXCISE people (not to mention the PARCEL HANDLERS themselves) have DESTROYED the contents of my wallet.... Crikey!

I was 7 years old, it was the first episode I saw, and because of that screenshot I thought it was spelled with an 'E'... "I didn't invent the ****ing thing!" - Kyle Reese
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________________

REIGNBOW BRUTE; Crushing Your Childhood One Dream at a Time!

I'm currently reviewing these for anyone interested. I'm making my way through the series but so far I've checked out:
    Man-At-Arms (Movie): http://www.actionfigurebarbecue.com/2019/05/action-figure-review-man-at-arms-movie.html

Hordak (Grey): http://www.actionfigurebarbecue.com/2019/05/action-figure-review-hordak-grey-from.html

I'll post more soon!
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Widget
    Anyone still interested in who Shiva Teela is I contacted Brian from super7 and this was his reply.

Every version of the repaints have been specific references to actual items. In the case of Shiva Teela, we were discussing all the Leo Variants from India, and there is not one for Teela. We joked about it being Shiva and colored it up. Mattel approved the color way much to our surprise, so we made that one. It is the first that doesn't have a tie into classic reference of some kind.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausbot View Post
    Anyone still interested in who Shiva Teela is I contacted Brian from super7 and this was his reply.

Every version of the repaints have been specific references to actual items. In the case of Shiva Teela, we were discussing all the Leo Variants from India, and there is not one for Teela. We joked about it being Shiva and colored it up. Mattel approved the color way much to our surprise, so we made that one. It is the first that doesn't have a tie into classic reference of some kind.

Hope this helps.
    Now that is cleared...

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausbot View Post

Hope this helps.
    I love this. I wish Mattel would loosen the reins and let Super7 go nuts with MOTU.

Heroic Warrior Ben Solstice-Moon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun Flaherty View Post
    I love this. I wish Mattel would loosen the reins and let Super7 go nuts with MOTU.
    This is true! So "Shiva" is a "what if" version of Teela if it had been done back-in-the-day. I like it! I would like to see them, more so, go nuts with these 3 3/4". I'll do the repaints, variants, etc., but I also would like to see new stuff. I love that Stinkor is coming soon, but there are a ton more classics I'd love to see done, including Battle Cat/Panthor, and perhaps a mini, cheezy version of Castle Grayskull. To me, the cheeziness is the selling point! These look like they've sprung right out of the '80's.

Heroic Warrior
    Just got my variables and they are, like all the ReAction figures so far, awesome!

The card art is amazing and I love unique packaging of Slime Pit He Man.

Unmotivated webcomicker KidTDragon's Avatar
    Still no word on when Stinkor's coming out, huh?
    Track your MotU collection at shmax.com!

Almost Comics: Occasionally updated. Occasionally funny.

XBL Gamertag: KidTDragon
    PSN User ID: KidTDragon
    Nintendo Network ID: KidTDragon
    Steam: KidTDragon

Heroic Warrior
    Hopefully we’ll get some good news at SDCC.

Widget
    Recolors I'd like to see are filmation skin Evil lyn, Wundar, Leo toys Faker and ZodaK.

Unmotivated webcomicker KidTDragon's Avatar
    I'd like to see Zodak and 200X colors Evil-Lyn.
    Track your MotU collection at shmax.com!

Almost Comics: Occasionally updated. Occasionally funny.

XBL Gamertag: KidTDragon
    PSN User ID: KidTDragon
    Nintendo Network ID: KidTDragon
    Steam: KidTDragon