Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: ReAction MOTU Variable Variants and Slime Pit He-Man

Widget
    Finally got slime and Hordak after almost 3 weeks (and I live about 35 min away from the San Fran store!). The paint apps on my Slime Pit are much better than those posted earlier. I really like Hordak though. Nice to have him in the collection, and looking forward to blowing a bunch of cash on the upcoming wave.

Gotta say, opening these and seeing the art on the cards makes for a cool experience. I’m a huge Star Wars junky, but I don’t feel quite the nostalgia and delight seeing those cards as I do these ReAction figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Rammy View Post
    ...Man-At-Arms ...I've bought TWO! And of course I bought TWO Ram Men.
    Hmmm, I don't think I'll buy directly from The States again, I'll have to use eBay instead. It's nobody's fault, but the CUSTOMS & EXCISE people (not to mention the PARCEL HANDLERS themselves) have DESTROYED the contents of my wallet.... Crikey!

I was 7 years old, it was the first episode I saw, and because of that screenshot I thought it was spelled with an 'E'... "I didn't invent the ****ing thing!" - Kyle Reese
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________________

REIGNBOW BRUTE; Crushing Your Childhood One Dream at a Time!

I'm currently reviewing these for anyone interested. I'm making my way through the series but so far I've checked out:
    Man-At-Arms (Movie): http://www.actionfigurebarbecue.com/2019/05/action-figure-review-man-at-arms-movie.html

Hordak (Grey): http://www.actionfigurebarbecue.com/2019/05/action-figure-review-hordak-grey-from.html

I'll post more soon!
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Widget
    Anyone still interested in who Shiva Teela is I contacted Brian from super7 and this was his reply.

Every version of the repaints have been specific references to actual items. In the case of Shiva Teela, we were discussing all the Leo Variants from India, and there is not one for Teela. We joked about it being Shiva and colored it up. Mattel approved the color way much to our surprise, so we made that one. It is the first that doesn't have a tie into classic reference of some kind.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausbot View Post
    Anyone still interested in who Shiva Teela is I contacted Brian from super7 and this was his reply.

Every version of the repaints have been specific references to actual items. In the case of Shiva Teela, we were discussing all the Leo Variants from India, and there is not one for Teela. We joked about it being Shiva and colored it up. Mattel approved the color way much to our surprise, so we made that one. It is the first that doesn't have a tie into classic reference of some kind.

Hope this helps.
    Now that is cleared...

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

ReAction Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausbot View Post

Hope this helps.
    I love this. I wish Mattel would loosen the reins and let Super7 go nuts with MOTU.

Heroic Warrior Ben Solstice-Moon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun Flaherty View Post
    I love this. I wish Mattel would loosen the reins and let Super7 go nuts with MOTU.
    This is true! So "Shiva" is a "what if" version of Teela if it had been done back-in-the-day. I like it! I would like to see them, more so, go nuts with these 3 3/4". I'll do the repaints, variants, etc., but I also would like to see new stuff. I love that Stinkor is coming soon, but there are a ton more classics I'd love to see done, including Battle Cat/Panthor, and perhaps a mini, cheezy version of Castle Grayskull. To me, the cheeziness is the selling point! These look like they've sprung right out of the '80's.

Heroic Warrior
    Just got my variables and they are, like all the ReAction figures so far, awesome!

The card art is amazing and I love unique packaging of Slime Pit He Man.

Unmotivated webcomicker KidTDragon's Avatar
    Still no word on when Stinkor's coming out, huh?
    Track your MotU collection at shmax.com!

Almost Comics: Occasionally updated. Occasionally funny.

XBL Gamertag: KidTDragon
    PSN User ID: KidTDragon
    Nintendo Network ID: KidTDragon
    Steam: KidTDragon

ReAction Master
    Hopefully well get some good news at SDCC.

Widget
    Recolors I'd like to see are filmation skin Evil lyn, Wundar, Leo toys Faker and ZodaK.

Unmotivated webcomicker KidTDragon's Avatar
    I'd like to see Zodak and 200X colors Evil-Lyn.
    Track your MotU collection at shmax.com!

Almost Comics: Occasionally updated. Occasionally funny.

XBL Gamertag: KidTDragon
    PSN User ID: KidTDragon
    Nintendo Network ID: KidTDragon
    Steam: KidTDragon

Widget
    so hopefully ZodaK, Wundar are on their way and with a little mix and matching they could make a decent Horde prime as well.
    Other things they could do is repackage classics Kowl, screech, Zoar and Skeletor's Robots (Or Robits as he man would say) as decent reaction sized figures.

Stinkor this the only one I'm interested in in this new wave. I know he's made up of all existing parts but he still a previously unreleased character so its strange to see him in a repaint wave not a regular wave. But glad to be getting him.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Yea, I'll bite on all these as I've been with everything else. I have "all day sucker" tattooed on my forehead! I'm really just waiting for Stinkor, but I see Leo-Faker is in-the-running now. What are that Skeletor and Beastman supposed to be modeled after though in the first image with the triangles?

I'm intrigued by the Beastman with the weapons pack armor and all the weapons pack accessories! I wonder how this is going to be packaged?

Where did these images even surface?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Solstice-Moon View Post
    Yea, I'll bite on all these as I've been with everything else. I have "all day sucker" tattooed on my forehead! I'm really just waiting for Stinkor, but I see Leo-Faker is in-the-running now. What are that Skeletor and Beastman supposed to be modeled after though in the first image with the triangles?

I'm intrigued by the Beastman with the weapons pack armor and all the weapons pack accessories! I wonder how this is going to be packaged?

Where did these images even surface?
    Super7 have posted them on their social media pages.

According to the post the Skeletor and Beastman supposed to be Leo recolours just like the Faker.

67547468_10157640686465820_2653293824666763264_n.jpg67180895_10157640685790820_5600090011941732352_n.jpg67177548_10157640686950820_2009879518675730432_n.jpg67233953_10157640686930820_423669043094880256_n.jpg67591593_10157640687020820_6649628183400284160_n.jpg

Wanted:

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Got it! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction 13977!

Don't get me wrong, I'm in on these as with all the waves so far. The Leo-recolors are nice. That dark blue on Skeletor really makes that particular figure pop! Still, I really hope they get on the fast-track with something other than constant repaints. Moss Man, Whiplash, Webstor, etc.

I wonder if Stinkor smells. It would be cool if they had some Power-Con exclusives like last year or at least had these there.

ReAction Master
    Looking forward to Stinkor! The prototype looks to have red gloves, but that paint app seems to be missing in the carded image. Hopefully, they’ll be there on the production figure.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    They look good! I like how the back of the card shows the cross sell like the Leo Mattel figures.

I'll probably just get Stinkor and maybe Faker (he needs the Havoc Staff) out of this wave.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Looking forward to Stinkor! The prototype looks to have red gloves, but that paint app seems to be missing in the carded image. Hopefully, theyll be there on the production figure.
    Well spotted. I hope the production figure has the gloves, looks very odd without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I wonder if Stinkor smells. It would be cool if they had some Power-Con exclusives like last year or at least had these there.
    If I remember correctly last year they were announced very last minute.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking forward to Stinkor! The prototype looks to have red gloves, but that paint app seems to be missing in the carded image. Hopefully, they’ll be there on the production figure.
    The more I think about it, maybe this is why Stinkor got bumped from the last lot of Variable Variants in April, because they had to fix the red gloves issues.
    I still think its odd that he's getting released in a limited variants wave and not a regular wave.

Wanted:

I love Mos Eisley Cantina BoShek's Avatar
    I found these online. My guess is that they are the Power Con exclusive Reactions.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by BoShek View Post
    I found these online. My guess is that they are the Power Con exclusive Reactions.
    Yeah what are those lol? I mean obviously it's vintage Mantenna, black-faced Grizzlor, and what is that Modulok lol.
    Last edited by depp76; August 2, 2019 at 06:58pm.

I love Mos Eisley Cantina BoShek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    Yeah what are those lol? I mean obviously it's vintage mantenna black-faced grizzlor and I don't know what that modulok is lol.
    Based off the 1987 Argentinan Top Toys figure. https://www.he-man.org/collecting/toy.php?id=424
    Please watch my videos!
    http://www.eaglekillerstudios.com