Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Terminator: Dark Fate

Terminator: Dark Fate

I am a HUGE Terminator fan, but I have to say that none of the films have really stuck with me like Judgement Day. It has always been my favorite in the franchise and I could never understand why none of the sequels used the original cast (outside of Arnie) or followed the story line everyone came to love. Or worst yet, drastically changed it.

I am so stoked to hear that there will be another installment and this one ignores all of the movies since two. This is a direct sequel to Judgement Day! I have not been able to find the footage they are talking about, so if someone has a link please post it here. Is anyone else SUPER DUPER excited? Cause I might have to break my theater rule for this one.

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/04/te...on-1202055948/

This video says a few cuss words, but it describes the new footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAtlxBdrG9E
    Last edited by IceyCat; April 11, 2019 at 07:08pm.
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    I am a HUGE Terminator fan, but I have to say that none of the films have really stuck with me like Judgement Day. It has always been my favorite in the franchise and I could never understand why none of the sequels used the original cast (outside of Arnie) or followed the story line everyone came to love. Or worst yet, drastically changed it.

I am so stoked to hear that there will be another installment and this one ignores all of the movies since two. This is a direct sequel to Judgement Day! I have not been able to find the footage they are talking about, so if someone has a link please post it here. Is anyone else SUPER DUPER excited? Cause I might have to break my theater rule for this one.

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/04/te...on-1202055948/

This video says a few cuss words, but it describes the new footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAtlxBdrG9E
    Much like Halloween, I have feel this franchise is beating a dead horse. Any time a franchise wants to erase what they've already done and only keep part of it... my interest wains drastically.

I felt 3 and 4 continued on the same story fairly well. It was a little stale by then, but it was a continuing narrative. I thought Genysis was okay and had a few fun twists, but over all.... a bit stale.

I think the biggest problem is Arnold. The idea behind terminators was that they looked human and could infilatrate the camps and kill their targets... having so many look like Arnold regardless of whatever age he's up to now... defeats the purpose.

As for picking up after 2... 2 was the end. they beat the system and stopped Judgement day. It had a happy ending. It really should have stopped there.

It is the time travel problem. A story can never truly be finished if you can constantly send people back in time to change the past.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

I personally feel this cinematic franchise should just end already! T2 was the last great Terminator film in my view as it ended the story well and Judgement Day never happened at the end as Skynet was destroyed and defeated at last when the chip with T-800 died in the smelt. I felt the same for the Alien franchise after Aliens as to me the story on film ended with Aliens and i HATED HATED Alien 3, Resurrection, AVP 1 and 2, Prometheus and Coveneant. I also felt the same way with Predator after Predator 2 which i love P2 for it did different things and felt that was the last great Predator film as i thought Predators was a boring remake/rip-off of Predator and The Predator made the character into a joke and i felt it was a really poor film. I also love Robocop 1 and 2 (yes i do love 2 as i will defend it) but loath 3, the live action TV show and remake which all watered down the character and turning him into a joke.

Then they just beaten that dead horse with the other sequels and i totally disliked them, i mean face it, your just gonna keep getting diminishing returns. And when that happens, just end the franchise aleady and so something else and new. I mean i do support fresh new franchises like John Wick which i adore the franchise and i'm glad Mission Impossible franchise is still as strong as ever with no diminishing returns except i found the Ghost one to be disappointing but the next 2 sequels made up for that one.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Heroic Warrior
    It is the time travel problem. A story can never truly be finished if you can constantly send people back in time to change the past.
    Sure it can... If you kill Hitler in the past, then Hitler isn't in the future to use the time machine. That was kind of the point. They weren't hoping to win the war in Judgement day... they wanted to the war to never happen in the first place.

In order to move forward they need to introduce some NEW threat that rose up BECAUSE they beat Skynet before it was born...

That PlanetEternia.de guy Sir Reilly's Avatar
    To my own surprise, I actually enjoyed Genesys. Far from perfect, but more "in tone" with the first two movies.
    The new one, I honestly don't care about at this point until I get to know more about the actual story.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    To my own surprise, I actually enjoyed Genesys. Far from perfect, but more "in tone" with the first two movies.
    The new one, I honestly don't care about at this point until I get to know more about the actual story.
    I didn't mind it, but I didn't associate it with the original two. Just another take on the story. Once they corrupted 'the savior' I had a problem with that. I guess it was a new twist though on the story, eh? I saw it coming a mile away though. It was kind of predictable.

I guess the reason why I am excited about the new one is because I loved the characters and the story so much and would love to see it carry on. If they do right by the original story and characters I am cool with a third.

Bringing back Arnold and Linda Hamilton is good enough for me, it's kinda strange they took out John Connor out of the movie and make Sarah Connor on spotlight again. I was curious enough to search Dark Fate on google image and by far with the so called preview? I'm impressed.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    Bringing back Arnold and Linda Hamilton is good enough for me, it's kinda strange they took out John Connor out of the movie and make Sarah Connor on spotlight again. I was curious enough to search Dark Fate on google image and by far with the so called preview? I'm impressed.
    I was under the impression that he is in the movie, but is younger since it is supposed to be after two.

Things got messed up when the original T2 ending was scrapped in favor of something that allowed sequels. Now it's hard to say what counts as "canon" because all the films & the TV series happened but time travel keeps changing things. This even happened in the show itself with characters remembering events that no longer happened due to all the temporal tinkering.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    Things got messed up when the original T2 ending was scrapped in favor of something that allowed sequels. Now it's hard to say what counts as "canon" because all the films & the TV series happened but time travel keeps changing things. This even happened in the show itself with characters remembering events that no longer happened due to all the temporal tinkering.
    I never knew there was an alternate ending. Just Googled it, thanks for sharing. I definitely prefer the one in the film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wkrLOC7x14

I was under the impression that he is in the movie, but is younger since it is supposed to be after two.
    They both are now in upper middle age, My impression is going to be CGI faces for the protagonist.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

They both are now in upper middle age, My impression is going to be CGI faces for the protagonist.
    Oh no, I mean John Connor is going to be recast because he is still younger in the movie. Eddie Furlong is too old to play the part. Plus I am not even sure he has acted in years, has he?

Oh no, I mean John Connor is going to be recast because he is still younger in the movie. Eddie Furlong is too old to play the part. Plus I am not even sure he has acted in years, has he?
    Oh definitely, basically we're both misunderstood, I was thinking how will it be a direct sequel if Arnold and Linda Hamilton is nearly going to be an old age. Like I said, I saw the preview of Linda Hamilton and it excite me, going to be good.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

Oh definitely, basically we're both misunderstood, I was thinking how will it be a direct sequel if Arnold and Linda Hamilton is nearly going to be an old age. Like I said, I saw the preview of Linda Hamilton and it excite me, going to be good.
    YAY! I am excited too, Linda is my home girl. Ha!

Terminator Dark Fate

https://youtu.be/jCyEX6u-Yhs

Cautiously optimistic.

I woke up to my Mom sharing this on her FB page this morning (she is a huge fan too):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_W9Iapw924

Looks good! The gal who plays the young, female Terminator looks a bit like Sarah Connor in her youth.

Before long it will be 2029 - I haven't seen any mechanical Arnold clones running around yet.
    Still, this could be a good movie and I am big Linda Hamilton fan.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"All you have is your fire, and the place you need to reach
    Don't you ever tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash"
    - Hozier, "Arsonist's Lullabye"

Quote Originally Posted by HE-FAN79 View Post
    https://youtu.be/jCyEX6u-Yhs

Cautiously optimistic.
    Holy internet jinx. Did we post at the same time?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-Man View Post
    Before long it will be 2029 - I haven't seen any mechanical Arnold clones running around yet.
    Still, this could be a good movie and I am big Linda Hamilton fan.
    When I was a kid I wanted to grow up and have arms like Linda Hamilton in T2. I did, for a while. Ha!

I liked the trailer! But... where the F is JOHN!?

Holy internet jinx. Did we post at the same time?

- - - Updated - - -

When I was a kid I wanted to grow up and have arms like Linda Hamilton in T2. I did, for a while. Ha!
    Lol probably. Sorry made the dupe thread I hardly post here. I hope this is closer to t2 theme wise and isn't crazy. I never saw a Terminator past t3 which was ok but still left a sour taste.

It is supposed to be a direct sequel following T2 as if the other movies did not happen, so I am hoping it is everything fans have been waiting for. Of course folks are already complaining - LOL!

I woke up to my Mom sharing this on her FB page this morning (she is a huge fan too):
    Your mother like Terminator series? I wish my parents were hips like that, Well my dad was but he's like me now, disliking visual moving pictures.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

Your mother like Terminator series? I wish my parents were hips like that, Well my dad was but he's like me now, disliking visual moving pictures.
    Oh yeah, my Mom and Dad both (well before he died). My Dad rented T2 for me when I was a kid. He wouldn't let me watch the first one though at first because he said I was too young. My Mom is a HUGE fan of the cinema and is a sci fi junkie - LOL!

Oh yeah, my Mom and Dad both (well before he died). My Dad rented T2 for me when I was a kid. He wouldn't let me watch the first one though at first because he said I was too young. My Mom is a HUGE fan of the cinema and is a sci fi junkie - LOL!
    My dad rented T2 and when I saw the first movie I wasn't impressed by it. But seriously, with censorship over graphic element in the Nuclear blast scene on Youtube or DBS or maybe Netflix sure irks me a lot. But I'm glad I still remember the scene and have fond memories of how eff up the world would be with Nuclear warfare.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO