Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Terminator: Dark Fate

T-800 featurette

- - - Updated - - -

Carl!!!!!!!!

"I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Not directly related, but thought I'd share this video .... a fan spent four years making a fully articulated, 1:1 scale T-800 exoskeleton out of aluminium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAKhYzmQkSg

The amount of effort and dedication is mind boggling...

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvart View Post
    Not directly related, but thought I'd share this video .... a fan spent four years making a fully articulated, 1:1 scale T-800 exoskeleton out of aluminium.

The amount of effort and dedication is mind boggling...
    Wow! Very coooooool!
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

damn, linda hamilton has not aged well

i have no interest seeing this.. enough is enough
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post

Carlo, don't give up!!! BTW, mission accomplished: Linda Hamilton has said that she wants people to say or recognize that she's gotten really old.

- - - Updated - - -

I bought my tickets today! YEAH!

You're not seeing it because she's, shock horror, aged?

Heroic Warrior
    Reminds me of when fans mocked Carrie Fisher , she was like "yeah , but youve gotten old since '77 too !"
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

don't get why age mattered at all, she's not like Forty something that indulged into hardcore drug at the moment.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

The first reviews are in, and they are good! https://comicbook.com/movies/2019/10...t-reactions/#6

Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    The first reviews are in, and they are good! https://comicbook.com/movies/2019/10...t-reactions/#6
    Sadly a lot of movie reviews can't be trusted anymore. But hopefully the movie is good.

The Alamo Drafthouse screened it last night to unsuspecting audiences who thought they were going to see T2: Judgment Day with a 20-minute sneak peak at the new one. What they got instead was the full movie. Apparently, it's a well-done movie that doesn't necessarily do anything new, but does what it does rather well. Linda Hamilton sounds like she's amazing in this.

Heroic Warrior
    There is a particular, common thread in those "reviews" . . . and it's not really about the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Sadly a lot of movie reviews can't be trusted anymore. But hopefully the movie is good.
    Funny you should say that...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGPcUUpBc0M
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

I hope so too. So you can listen to us and we can all go in on it together. We can be pleasantly surprised or disappointed but hopefully the former.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    Funny you should say that...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGPcUUpBc0M
    After all the review scandals with Ghostbusters 2016 and The Last Jedi I just tend to not trust the majority of reviewers as if they are not basically promoting it for their own gain they are just pushing their agenda.

After all the review scandals with Ghostbusters 2016 and The Last Jedi I just tend to not trust the majority of reviewers as if they are not basically promoting it for their own gain they are just pushing their agenda.
    Ditto. I do not believe all of this manufactured outrage they try to drum up to sell tickets or merch either.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

She was fine looking in her prime and she never looked better than in Beauty and the Beast the series and in T2.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

A great spoiler-free review. He even explains that he took his gf to see T2 to catch her up before DF - joke was on him as she went from T1 to DF.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    She was fine looking in her prime and she never looked better than in Beauty and the Beast the series and in T2.
    She was in a great ''Murder, She Wrote'' episode ''Menace, Anyone?''.

- - - Updated - - -

Ditto. I do not believe all of this manufactured outrage they try to drum up to sell tickets or merch either.
    Reminds me of that film ''The Producers''.

This review seems to be trustworthy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2A5m9PrXHc
    I was talking to someone the other day about how certain franchises are dead, yet Hollywood keeps trying and trying to resurrect them. Amongst Terminator, Aliens and Predator I really don't know which one is more of a corpse at this point. However, I do think there is some hope. After watching Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance on Netflix and seeing how wonderful it was, I wondered if other franchises would be served better in the same tv series-esque format... For ex: The Terminator and Predator comics are pretty good probably due to the stories having adequate time to be told--the same as a tv series. I'm beginning to even think StarWars would do better as a tv series since Clone Wars was so great and the Mandalorian looks very promising too. Either way, Terminator, Predator and Alien movies need to stop being made yesterday for all our sakes
    Last edited by He-Kal; October 23, 2019 at 09:08pm.

Agreed! Very good review. Thanks, He-Kal!

This review has A LOT of spoilers!!! I do not mind because I have no intention of seeing it in theaters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEvwz2eVbek

- - - Updated - - -

NSFW and TONS of spoilers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmkF5a1ysYM

This review has A LOT of spoilers!!! I do not mind because I have no intention of seeing it in theaters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEvwz2eVbek

- - - Updated - - -

NSFW and TONS of spoilers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmkF5a1ysYM
    I was just about to post a link to this review. You beat me to it.

I was just about to post a link to this review. You beat me to it.
    Great minds! Never heard of him before, but I may have to sub now. He cracked me up. I do not understand why he kept calling him the Apple dude though.

Great minds! Never heard of him before, but I may have to sub now. He cracked me up. I do not understand why he kept calling him the Apple dude though.
    His videos are pretty funny, I think you will like them. I think he keeps calling him the Apple dude because he looks like a generic person that works in an Apple Store Genius Bar.
    Watch his other Terminator videos.