Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Terminator: Dark Fate

I have T2 on laser disc. Loved that movie and saw it in theaters. T1 I saw on vhs back in the day. Trailer feels like a good combo of both... hopefully it will be good. I remember the trailer to Terminator Salvation looked good but heard it wasn't

I finally watched Salvation a few months ago. I was pretty bored most of the time.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Did you guys enjoy the Sarah Connor Chronicles? I thought it was fun.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    Did you guys enjoy the Sarah Connor Chronicles? I thought it was fun.
    I loved that show and then fox prematurely cancelled it. It was well done and I own the seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I finally watched Salvation a few months ago. I was pretty bored most of the time.
    I heard it was slow and not done well. Never saw it though cause of the backlash of how bad it was

Quote Originally Posted by HE-FAN79 View Post
    I heard it was slow and not done well. Never saw it though cause of the backlash of how bad it was
    Yeah it was not very good. It was probably my least favorite movie in the franchise.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

Heroic Warrior
    Yep, it wasn't very fun. I was always torn on a sweet idea I had for that one.... If John Connor had actually died during that movie and the terminator had taken his place before the war... that could have been a real fun twist.

The 'real' John connor that saved humanity and inspired the humans and won the war.... was actually a robot... The attempts to murder John before he was born were doomed to fail... Skynet had created their own worst enemy... And John had been raised thinking he would be the hero.... and wasn't.

There were more than a few times I thought that they were going to pull that switch... but they didn't. They backed off, played it safe, and took the most boring route possible with that show.

And I can understand that... I think it would be an unexpected twist, but it could also tick off a LOT of the fans of the franchise who wanted to watch John finally reach that destiny. I'm not sure if completely twisting the franchise like that would have been good in the long run.

Not a fan of time travel movies. I liked Terminator 1 and 2. Haven't seen the sequels.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Yep, it wasn't very fun. I was always torn on a sweet idea I had for that one.... If John Connor had actually died during that movie and the terminator had taken his place before the war... that could have been a real fun twist.

The 'real' John connor that saved humanity and inspired the humans and won the war.... was actually a robot... The attempts to murder John before he was born were doomed to fail... Skynet had created their own worst enemy... And John had been raised thinking he would be the hero.... and wasn't.

There were more than a few times I thought that they were going to pull that switch... but they didn't. They backed off, played it safe, and took the most boring route possible with that show.

And I can understand that... I think it would be an unexpected twist, but it could also tick off a LOT of the fans of the franchise who wanted to watch John finally reach that destiny. I'm not sure if completely twisting the franchise like that would have been good in the long run.
    I thought that was pretty much what they were going to do with Salvation, but then fans got wind and they changed it. I remember going into it thinking that was going to happen and trying not to be ****** and give the movie a chance. Take this with a grain of salt, I cannot remember what I did last week - LOL! #MomBrain

It was pretty awful - and that's even in comparison to later entries like Genesys.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"All you have is your fire, and the place you need to reach
    Don't you ever tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash"
    - Hozier, "Arsonist's Lullabye"

This video contains a lot of spoilers (?!?), so do not watch it if that is going to set you off. I will say if these leaks are correct I am not sure about the future of the franchise. Maybe it should have been 'terminated' already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEPOzxzGVYQ

- - - Updated - - -

The guy says he is a huge Terminator fan and it has shaped his tastes in movies, video games and stories in general. I can totally relate. Ever since my Dad rented T2 for me when I was a kid my taste in literature, movies, video games, etc. changed. I became REALLY interested in post apocalyptic tales.

And if this is yet another franchise BROKEN by the woke machine I swear Hollyweird is dead to me. Sarah Connor was one of the first strong women I watched on the big screen. How much stronger can you get than a mortal woman who can take on a robot from the future? T2 is literally one of my favorite movies of all time. Just watch the video and let me know what you think (in spoiler tags for those who do not want to be spoiled).
    Last edited by IceyCat; June 12, 2019 at 04:35pm.

This video contains a lot of spoilers (?!?), so do not watch it if that is going to set you off. I will say if these leaks are correct I am not sure about the future of the franchise. Maybe it should have been 'terminated' already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEPOzxzGVYQ

- - - Updated - - -

The guy says he is a huge Terminator fan and it has shaped his tastes in movies, video games and stories in general. I can totally relate. Ever since my Dad rented T2 for me when I was a kid my taste in literature, movies, video games, etc. changed. I became REALLY interested in post apocalyptic tales.
    This is why time travel is a terrible story device. If this is true, which I fully believe it is, that pretty much has destroyed the story of the franchise.

Just watched another video on You Tube (definitely cannot link it due to the political nature) where someone who screened the movie leaked that it is more a hit piece about Trump and his border policy than a woke feminist propaganda piece. UGH. Why can't we just have entertainment that is free from proselytizing?!? Is this even possible? I thought they wrapped principle photography, but were no where near a finished piece.

That's sad if yet ANOTHER movie has taken on a political agenda within the film, but how can one really be surprised anymore.

'There’s a feeling that Cameron, who’s never been one to shy away from social allegories in his films, definitely has something to say about borders, immigration and where our best chance at a future stems from.'

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he..._medium=social

- - - Updated - - -

Oh no, he had a Terminator video too - LOL! This guy is such a smarty pants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVVX6a4fWMw

'There’s a feeling that Cameron, who’s never been one to shy away from social allegories in his films, definitely has something to say about borders, immigration and where our best chance at a future stems from.'

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he..._medium=social

- - - Updated - - -

Oh no, he had a Terminator video too - LOL! This guy is such a smarty pants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVVX6a4fWMw
    His Terminator video is brilliant. LGBTQ1000 LOL. It could be an interesting film but the if the story is what it's supposed to be it has completely ruined the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    His Terminator video is brilliant. LGBTQ1000 LOL. It could be an interesting film but the if the story is what it's supposed to be it has completely ruined the franchise.
    I just want someone to wake me when this SJW revolution is over. Hopefully there will still be some media standing when the dust settles, but if not I have plenty of things to keep me busy.

I'm no fan of the Terminator movies but the social justice warrior revolution cannot end until discrimination, bigotry, prejudice and hatred are eliminated.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Or until Hollywood goes bankrupt - LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I'm no fan of the Terminator movies but the social justice warrior revolution cannot end until discrimination, bigotry, prejudice and hatred are eliminated.
    It would be great if the was no more racism and bigotry etc but I honestly don't think the way movies and TV shows are going about it is the right way.

What has these reassigned gender and sexuality movies accomplished? Nothing except hate and contempt for various franchises being ruined just so the media industry can cash in trying to appeal to SJWs.

I could be wrong on this but if I am not mistaken T3 and The Sarah Connor Chronicles already had female Terminators so really don't understand what Dark Fate is supposed to accomplish.

The more you inject identity politics and social justice themes into everything, the more people revolt. Even normal folks like me who typically agree with equality and have nothing against certain groups. People want to be entertained and not 'splained to.

The more you inject identity politics and social justice themes into everything, the more people revolt. Even normal folks like me who typically agree with equality and have nothing against certain groups. People want to be entertained and not 'splained to.
    I agree. I have nothing against them including certain groups of people...I just don't think doing remakes and reboots things to destroy franchises is the best way to go about it.

I just want someone to wake me when this SJW revolution is over. Hopefully there will still be some media standing when the dust settles, but if not I have plenty of things to keep me busy.
    It's not a recent thing. Entertainment has always been political.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    It's not a recent thing. Entertainment has always been political.
    In my 40 years I have never seen anything like what is going on right now in Entertainment.