Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Terminator: Dark Fate

I enjoyed the Terminator movies, but with this franchise ... less is more.

Sometimes a series doesn't have to be a trilogy or more, having the first and then T2 would have been enough, in my opinion.

So they are doubling down on the wokeness for Dark Fate. Tim Miller is talking smack about fans. I will never watch this movie now out of principle. Congratulations, Tim Miller. You are an idiot!
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvart View Post
    I enjoyed the Terminator movies, but with this franchise ... less is more.

Sometimes a series doesn't have to be a trilogy or more, having the first and then T2 would have been enough, in my opinion.
    Completely agree. T1 and T2 were more than enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    So they are doubling down on the wokeness for Dark Fate. Tim Miller is talking smack about fans. I will never watch this movie now out of principle. Congratulations, Tim Miller. You are an idiot!
    Definitely not a smart move by him. All he is doing now is instigating fans of the franchise and trolls to voice their problems with the movie.

My interest in this is below zero.

Zero would be I simply have no interest. Below zero interest indicates I hold some degree of active dislike, if not contempt.

I hold contempt for what has become of the Terminator movies because I was a fan of the original movie(s) to some nontrivial extent. I really liked the first one. Of course the second one is a great movie, nevermind a lesson on how sequels should be done. The third one was ... troubled, but alright. And I know this is not popular, but I actually like Terminator Salvation for what it is.

For all the flaws of Salvation and 3, they are still quantum leaps better than anything that has followed. Why? They are, at worst, flawed executions at what were decent stories. The rest since then? Inexcusable failures on every level. Not even a story to fail at, by comparison.

And so, you could say I've lost faith; the bridge has been burned, whatever. I have negative interest in the next Terminator movie; negative interest as in I'll go out of my way to be a bucket of cold water about it at every chance I get, sight unseen. Until or unless I discover it has any merit whatsoever, as in: it has bucked the trend that had taken hold of soul-less cashgrabs over the last decade or more.

*spits*
    Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor

The Scare is in the Glow! Scare Glow's Avatar
    Completely agree . . . Tim Miller just Terminated any remaining interest I had for this film.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Completely agree. T1 and T2 were more than enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely not a smart move by him. All he is doing now is instigating fans of the franchise and trolls to voice their problems with the movie.
    You agree that this franchise after T2 has been nothing but diminishing returns? i mean do you agree T2 was the end of the story after the chips were melted in the smelt and Sarah and John moved on?

This looks like it might bomb.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    You agree that this franchise after T2 has been nothing but diminishing returns? i mean do you agree T2 was the end of the story after the chips were melted in the smelt and Sarah and John moved on?

This looks like it might bomb.
    It definitely should have ended after T2. There was no need for more.

T2 ends the story perfectly. The franchise should have been a two film series. I dislike 3 but don't hate it. 4 I hate and 5? Well I still cant believe it's a Terminator film. That said since I'm a sucker and glutton for punishment will go see T6-or in this case "the real T3". I have a somewhat open mind being that Linda & James are back in but am proceeding with caution.

If the director is already blaming fans much like Rian Johnson and JJ Abrams do, well then I wont be expecting much from this.

Seriously though who thought making John Connor a cyborg in 5 was a good idea, or Jai Courtney had any screen presence to play ragged future warrior Kyle Reese. Embarrassingly bad choices. That actor that played John was too boyish looking and never felt like JC. The actor that portrayed JC for the 1-2 minutes in the T2 prologue was much more believable and all he did was stand there looking out on the battle. Sorry rant over :-)
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

Arnie should make another Conan...something the fans actually want.

You sure about that ?
    Arnie should make another Conan...something the fans actually want.

I liked the Arnie and Sly and the rest of the 90's action heroes in the Expendables movies, but I am not sure he could pull off an action movie like Conan now. I could be wrong though.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

Quote Originally Posted by Spikor1982 View Post
    T2 ends the story perfectly. The franchise should have been a two film series. I dislike 3 but don't hate it. 4 I hate and 5? Well I still cant believe it's a Terminator film. That said since I'm a sucker and glutton for punishment will go see T6-or in this case "the real T3". I have a somewhat open mind being that Linda & James are back in but am proceeding with caution.

If the director is already blaming fans much like Rian Johnson and JJ Abrams do, well then I wont be expecting much from this.

Seriously though who thought making John Connor a cyborg in 5 was a good idea, or Jai Courtney had any screen presence to play ragged future warrior Kyle Reese. Embarrassingly bad choices. That actor that played John was too boyish looking and never felt like JC. The actor that portrayed JC for the 1-2 minutes in the T2 prologue was much more believable and all he did was stand there looking out on the battle. Sorry rant over :-)
    I'm not a Terminator fan by any means but I do like Jai Courtney as Captain Boomerang in Suicide Squad.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

You sure about that ?
    There is more fan interest in another Conan than another Terminator.

the guys a piece of wood. SS isn't too violent ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I'm not a Terminator fan by any means but I do like Jai Courtney as Captain Boomerang in Suicide Squad.
    - - - Updated - - -

first time hearing about this, i knew King Conan or something had been thrown around some time ago, but never took any of it seriously.
    There is more fan interest in another Conan than another Terminator.

I am far more interested in Robocop Returns than T6 or a 3rd Conan film. Peter Weller fingers crossed.

the guys a piece of wood. SS isn't too violent ?

- - - Updated - - -

first time hearing about this, i knew King Conan or something had been thrown around some time ago, but never took any of it seriously.

I am far more interested in Robocop Returns than T6 or a 3rd Conan film. Peter Weller fingers crossed.
    I liked Robocop. Not so keen on the sequels. I also liked the live action and animated TV shows. Another Robocop might be good...but more interested in another Conan. I am also quite interested Rambo V.

I have a dark sense of humor, I have been laughing for the past few minutes over all of the ways in which people on You Tube have changed the title. Most of them I cannot post here, but things like: 'Wahminator: Dark Fate.

To me, nothing will ever recapture the vibe of the original film. They have felt over produced since then. This doesn’t look much better than the last one.

The Critical Drinker sums up Terminator: Dark Fate.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EN4yJLkYLs[/VIDEO]

Spoilers abound, so do NOT watch this if you do not want spoilers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw4GGcelWRc

Heroic Warrior
    Makes you wonder if Bruce Lee wouldve done Enter Dragon part 5

Arnold and Sly are getting old now , reminds me of Charles Bronson when he did Death Wish 5

For sure i want the evil Terminator back , like in T1.......Id like another TMNT '90 too but that will prolly never happen again (damn parents had to complain so that TMNT II & III were watered down

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Bread He-Man View Post
    Makes you wonder if Bruce Lee wouldve done Enter Dragon part 5

Arnold and Sly are getting old now , reminds me of Charles Bronson when he did Death Wish 5

For sure i want the evil Terminator back , like in T1.......Id like another TMNT '90 too but that will prolly never happen again (damn parents had to complain so that TMNT II & III were watered down
    T1 and T2 were unique. They can't recapture the vibe those films created. The story ended with T2. Now they just want more money.

I agree about TMNT II & TMNT III being watered down. TMNT '90 was a really great movie and quite faithful to the Eastman and Laird comics. Taking inspiration from the first issue and a few other different issues and merging them into one story to create a great movie.

Woah. Let's slow down here amigos. I'm a big Terminator fan and have read most (all?) of what Tim Miller has said. I don't think he's talking smack about fans. I'm not at all offended and tend to agree with everything he's said. Especially these comments where he's pointing fingers directly at people who can't deal with female leads.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

I'm not a Terminator fan, but as a staunch male feminist, I agree with Tim Miller that the world has way too many problems with people who can't accept a strong female lead who doesn't require a male around to help her.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

T1 and T2 are beloved by fans. And guess what they already had a strong female lead character the fans love.

This whole 'strong female lead' phrasing is so SJW. When the Aliens films or even T1/2 were in their prime we never referred to Sarah Connor OR Ellen Ripley as strong female leads. What they were/are is great characters. We don't need to shoehorn that phrase in there to remind everyone that this is a woman in the role. If the story is good that's what matters. They are amazingly powerful characters and that comes from their fantastic yet believable performances and the good writing that went into developing the characters.