Thread: Club Grayskull She-Ra Discussion Thread w/ Pixel Dan review

Club Grayskull She-Ra Discussion Thread w/ Pixel Dan review

What are your thoughts on Filmation She-Ra from Super7?

And here is a review by Pixel Dan of Super7's release of MOTUC Club Grayskull (Filmation) She-Ra!
    Check it out:

Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

I think this is one of the biggest disappointments from Super7. For me it’s the worst figure they have produced. I just can’t get passed how awful her face looks. There is no excuse for the way she turned out. Such a shame cause she had the potential of being one of the best figures. They really need to step their game up when it comes to the females face paint applications. We will probably never get another Filmation She-ra figure done in this style again.

I'm VERY disapointed, they really dropped the ball on She-Ra. I believe this is one of those situations where they need to (at the very least) get a new and vastly improved head sculpt out to the fans for free. It's She-Ra at the end of the day, fans have been telling them for a long time that the females need Matt painted faces. And the eye paint apps are not up to the standard that we expect for figures at this price. She-Ra is one of the MOTU trinity of key characters He-Man, Skeketor, She-Ra....to have this figure come to market with the issues it does is just not on!!! This is made worse when we see how great the other figures in the wave turned out. Super 7 went cheep at the end of the day and the fans have clapped back....they brought it on them selves. They were warned what would happen if they fell short of the mark on She-Ra. It should be made right and a new head offered with a future figure. After seeing the prototype and early market samples Super 7 HAVE let the customers down to allow the figure to come into the hands of the customers like it has done!
    Last edited by Angel-T; April 16, 2019 at 04:49am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

I was happy with mine, but it seems a bunch of folks were not. I wouldn’t have been happy if I received the one Pixel Dan received, however.

Overall, I thought it looked great, though maybe the eye app could have been slightly better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the review.
    I am very pleased with the She-ra figure I received. For 10 years we have been receiving awesome figures and as far as I can see we still are.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Still don't have mine in-hand but I am mostly pleased. I think the paint apps are in need of improvement, as is the articulation but overall I was bracing myself for worse. This is a relief.

Quote Originally Posted by angel-t View Post
    i'm very disapointed, they really dropped the ball on she-ra. I believe this is one of those situations where they need to (at the very least) get a new and vastly improved head sculpt out to the fans for free. It's she-ra at the end of the day, fans have been telling them for a long time that the females need matt painted faces. And the eye paint apps are not up to the standard that we expect for figures at this price. She-ra is one of the motu trinity of key characters he-man, skeketor, she-ra....to have this figure come to market with the issues of does it just not on. This is made worse when we see how great the other figures in the wave turned out. Super 7 went cheep at the end of the day and the fans have clapped back....they brought it on them selves. They were warned what would happen if they fell short of the mark on she-ra. It should be made right and a new head offered with a future figure. After seeing the prototype and early market samples super 7 have let the customers down to allow the figure to come into the hands of the customers like it has done!
    This......
    Last edited by depp76; April 15, 2019 at 04:15pm.

She isn't as disappointing as Teela or The Sorceress for me but the pattern remains. The female figures are not up to the quality of the male figures and it really needs to be fixed. Super7 has got to up their game as the fans did voice their concerns early on. I really think that for the prices that we are paying the quality has to be better. Although I will say this, as bad as She-Ra having a derpy eye is it pales in comparison with what Teela's face looks like. So here we are. Three heavily anticipated female characters and all of them disappointments.

The 5.5 vintage Teela, on the other hand, looks pretty decent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my She-Ra a few weeks back one of the eyes was not even completely painted. However, thanks to the incredable paint work of Alessandra, my She-Ra Ra finally looks like the princess of Power.
    Attachment 120204
    Attachment 120205
    Attachment 120206
    Attachment 120207
    Attachment 120208
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!