Thread: Jumping back into my favorite childhood hero, for work!! Need your help.

Widget

Jumping back into my favorite childhood hero, for work!! Need your help.

It's been a long time since I've thought about MOTU and how much time I spent playing with the toys and watching the show when I was a kid.

I'm a marketing and branding strategist for a creative agency and we're (re)launching our blog. The article I'm working on is on how to market a tech product like He-Man. What lessons can we learn from how He-Man got made and how the MOTU franchise got so huge? It's been super fun to research and I think I have a pretty solid piece.

One lesson I want to focus on is multi-channel marketing, for which I'm using the merchandising as an example. I would love to find a photos of a massive licensed-product collection (lunchboxes, bedsheets, happy-meal boxes, etc.) to put in the piece. I've seen some good ones on He-Man.org, but most of them are figures photos and I'm mostly looking for the "other" stuff. I also didn't want to just rip one off if I found one. I want to properly credit and link to the site as an example of a great resource.

So if anyone has a great collection photo, or can take one for me, I am happy to credit and link to you guys here.

Otherwise, I'm just super happy to have found this great resource and am thrilled to be here. I'll share a link to the article when it's up.

On behalf of He-Man.org's admin, staff, and moderators, allow me to extend an official Hello and welcome to He-Man.org, JetSmooth!!

We're glad to have you join our site and we hope you have a fun time discussing Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power here.

Please be sure to read over the rules for posting and interacting on He-Man.org. And if you have any questions, you are welcome to send me a PM for more information.

If you want to buy and trade you will need to upgrade your account to have access to the Marketplace. Please click here and read the section entitled "What are the limitations for users with Gmail/AOL/Yahoo accounts?" for more information. For details on how the upgrading system works click here.

Hello!! There's a great chance you can find some photos around here that will fill your needs, so good luck!! Sounds like your piece will be an interesting read, I can't wait to check it out!! We have the best He-Fans and She-Ravers around and as always, we have great ongoing MOTU and POP discussions, so feel free to join in the conversation!!

Enjoy your time here and welcome!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Widget
    Thanks! I'm super-excited! I also have a nine-year-old son and have been trying to get him into some of the classic series. MOTU is definitely up for him to get into.

Welcome aboard! Best of luck with your article! You'll find collection photo threads in the individual forums. Maybe you could contact members who posted there to get authorization to use their photos.

Widget
    Awesome. Thanks!

Still trying to figure out the lay of the land. Assuming discussions on licensed merch for the original series would be in the Vintage He-Man and She-Ra Forum, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by JetSmooth View Post
    Awesome. Thanks!

Still trying to figure out the lay of the land. Assuming discussions on licensed merch for the original series would be in the Vintage He-Man and She-Ra Forum, correct?
    You are correct, good sir.

Welcome to the forums! And good luck on your blog and getting contributions to its content.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page