Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: The Star Wars Saga: Episodes I-IX General Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MJOLNIR View Post
    Lol, and didn’t pops WANT her to kill him? Soooooo why didn’t his plan come to fruition?
    Well she did strike him down and maybe he has become more powerful than anyone could possibly imagine ......
    Last edited by Lokus; February 11, 2020 at 07:59am.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Hey... it worked for Boba Fett! He was a sweet looking character... who stood around and did nothing, until he got suck death by a blind Han. Somehow still has a massive following.

I'm curious what the difference is now days... Back then, Fett was considered awesome... now? Same deal, but Phasma is considered 'wasted' and lame. I mean... I feel it too. Just not sure if it's the age talking or what...
    Fett wasn't planned to be so popular. People just happen to really like him. His suit, his gadgets, and presence were all pretty cool. His "death" was a silly comedic waste. But that was part of what Star Wars was.

Trying to re-create a Boba Fett by putting someone in fancy armor was never going to work.
    "...we can't defeat the most divisive President in modern American history by tearing down anybody who doesn't agree with us 100% of the time," - Pete Buttigieg

Phasma is in a way kind of the perfect example of what the new movies were

She was an attempt to recreate something from the original, and even the prequels, but when created the focus wasn't on the things that made the original work.

cool armor/design - check
    small amount of screen time - check
    almost comedic death/defeat - check
    some feeling of threat to the heroes -............
    some feeling of mystery - no more than most characters on screen

Hitting the obvious things doesn't work when you don't get the less obvious core things that made those things work in the original and prequels.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    Fett wasn't planned to be so popular. People just happen to really like him. His suit, his gadgets, and presence were all pretty cool. His "death" was a silly comedic waste. But that was part of what Star Wars was.

Trying to re-create a Boba Fett by putting someone in fancy armor was never going to work.
    Remember her:

See this is what Lucas did put something out there and the FANS wanted more and made that character popular...Phasma was made but forced on the fans which didn't work....

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I would go a step further and say that the original cast (and the characters that they portray) were disgraced and sloppily written out of the continuity to make way for a more "family friendly" and marketable set of characters, i.e. BB-8, Kylo Ren, and that awesomely awesome silver Storm Trooper!! Sweet!
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    This would be perfect if only it had Caravan of Courage and The Battle for Endoe included.
    Not being sarcastic, I do like those movies.
    The thing about those films though are that they don't really take anything away or ruin anything that was already established. They are self contained stories that are in no way connected to anything major in the Star Wars Universe and could happen in the world created by Lucas. We all saw Wicket after the Battle of Endor during the celebration, so he clearly could have gone on further adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    At least those Ewok movies were created by George (And they were meant for kids) funny thing is that the Droids & Ewoks cartoons have never been fully released on DVD/Blu-Ray or on Disney +
    George HATES the Droids and Ewok cartoons. He did not create them. They were his "cash grab" after ROTJ and were only made cause George had no intentions at that time to EVER do another Star Wars film again. With the addition of the prequels, the Droids cartoon is irrelevant now since ROTS established that the droids only had one master, Senator Organa, between Episodes III and IV. Ewoks...who knows? It had been reported though in the past that George hated the Duloks.

I still don't know why Disney though hasn't put them on Disney+. Unless they don't want fans to see them since they are EU. George has no real pull with Lucasfilm any more so whether he hates them or not should be immaterial when it comes to releasing them on Disney+.

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    See this is what Lucas did put something out there and the FANS wanted more and made that character popular...Phasma was made but forced on the fans which didn't work....
    This is pretty much exactly what I was going to say when reading this discussion earlier.

Phasma is literally just a shiny object for crying out loud...

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    The thing about those films though are that they don't really take anything away or ruin anything that was already established. They are self contained stories that are in no way connected to anything major in the Star Wars Universe and could happen in the world created by Lucas. We all saw Wicket after the Battle of Endor during the celebration, so he clearly could have gone on further adventures.
    That's why I like them. I remebr first seeing Caravan of Courage one day in school around '92 but aside from being and Ewoks movie I didn't know what it was called. A few years later in summer 96 in a video rental shop I found Battle for Endor and luckily enough the shop was selling a load of their old tapes so I bought it along with a few other tapes.

I adore those Ewok movies. Our little Hermione was very nearly named Cindel.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

I loved those those ewok movies too .

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    That's why I like them. I remebr first seeing Caravan of Courage one day in school around '92 but aside from being and Ewoks movie I didn't know what it was called. A few years later in summer 96 in a video rental shop I found Battle for Endor and luckily enough the shop was selling a load of their old tapes so I bought it along with a few other tapes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I adore those Ewok movies. Our little Hermione was very nearly named Cindel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    I loved those those ewok movies too .
    Me too. I used to have them on VHS that I taped off of the TV.

Did anyone notice on Mandalorion ep 1 , the lizard monster that was being ridden was the same one from Battle for Endor .