Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 117

Thread: The Star Wars Saga: Episodes I-IX General Discussion Thread

  1. #51
    Not my Tempo Fendi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    2,945
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Probalby not, but I can say I'm not the only one wearing them. Most of the Star Wars fans I know... even the really rabid EU ones agree that they're most upset about losing PARTS of the EU... and that there was a lot a junk in there too. They didn't want ALL of it... just their favorite parts.
    The Nostalgia runs strong where they also focus on the stuff they love and forget the crap too...




    That doesn't spell anything out... you're just repeating what you said earlier the exact same way you said it. I understand there are 3 generations of stories... but what's your point? I grew up with the OT that's a fact... but my parents don't prefer the PT or anything. The kids today do seem to love the new stuff... but you're analogy still doesn't work.
    Yeah, it just generations loving their favorite franchise's era. Same with James Bond movie, while I prefer Pierce Brosnan era of JB I'm sure my father loved Sean Connery and Roger Moore era, I don't beef my nephews on liking Sequel Trilogy but since I saw Prequel as a kid and watching PT and OT back to back, I have a preferable taste on Original Trilogy.

    NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

  2. #52
    The First Avenger Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Golden Age
    Posts
    5,005
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Probalby not, but I can say I'm not the only one wearing them. Most of the Star Wars fans I know... even the really rabid EU ones agree that they're most upset about losing PARTS of the EU... and that there was a lot a junk in there too. They didn't want ALL of it... just their favorite parts.
    The Nostalgia runs strong where they also focus on the stuff they love and forget the crap too...




    That doesn't spell anything out... you're just repeating what you said earlier the exact same way you said it. I understand there are 3 generations of stories... but what's your point? I grew up with the OT that's a fact... but my parents don't prefer the PT or anything. The kids today do seem to love the new stuff... but you're analogy still doesn't work.
    OK ONE more time:

    3 Different Trilogy 3 different TIMES I used the analog of TIME I don't know where you got what you got it from...

    Let me SLOW it down (again)

    Anakin Skywalker was the PT
    Luke Skywalker was the OT
    Rey/Ben Solo are the ST

    See 3 different GENERATIONS means 3 different takes on it with different TIMES like in your real life with your dad,you and your kids in different TIMES...I can't get any clearer than that...but argue on...

  3. #53
    Heroic Warrior wyldman11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,817
    Apparently comic has revealed that Luke had another Mentor in the use of the force

    https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-luke-s...kJIAetnMvkEK_Y
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

    There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

    Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

  4. #54
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    6,250
    Everyone is force-sensitive, and no one is ever really dead. Oh, how I love Disney Star Wars!

  5. #55
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Pit of Misery. Dilly dilly.
    Posts
    6,388
    sigh... Just twisting what was done in the orignial trilogy so no one is 'special' and everyone gets a force trophy.

    'Life creates it, makes it flow... it's energy surrounds us..binds us...'

    Nope, now everyone gets a force ability..

    smh..
    Respect is Earned. NOT Given, Away.

    Year Three. Trumps still doing fine...and CLEARED. have a NICE day ;o)

  6. #56
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    12,024
    The way the article is written makes me think the writer hasn’t read the entire series. Nothing in this comic or anything else really has ever gone against any actually established lore. Preconceived notions, certainly, but not anything from the films or any material that was ever established canon. (EU perhaps, but that was never really canon, per GL himself.)
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

    Instagram: Just_Thommy

  7. #57
    Heroic Warrior wyldman11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,817
    Can't comment if they have or haven't.

    On the comic itself, it's not the old EU but is fine in of itself. Most of it if had been done instead of the old EU people wouldn't have had a problem with it .

    The writer's problem here is something that, they mention to be big but not something you hear too much about outside sites etc more dedicated to Star Wars. I will even argue not all force sensitive individuals in the old EU were Jedi or Sith, even in The still established cannon there are those who aren't Clone Wars introduces us to a few.

    Even go so far as yes, anyone can use the force just some are going to have a higher potential for it.

    What I think Disney should do to explain all this, the Jedi had become corrupt initially serving the force but in the end serving the Republic as much as they did the force. The sith arose as the corruption of the Jedi became more and more apparent to those watching. What they should do is a series (comic, tv show whatever) that delves into that. As it stands it comes off to part of the fanbase as everyone gets a reward since no one is really special, except Rey she's super special.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

    There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

    Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

  8. #58
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,192
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    As it stands it comes off to part of the fanbase as everyone gets a reward since no one is really special, except Rey she's super special.
    I wonder if the rumours about Episode 9 about Rey are true. If so she will be the most powerful Jedi/Force user.

  9. #59
    Heroic Warrior IceyCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Castle Chill
    Posts
    2,933
    My You Tube is blown up with videos about Disney losing tons of money with the way in which they mishandled the SW franchise. On one hand it makes me happy that people are speaking with their wallets, on the other hand it makes me sad because I genuinely loved the original trilogy.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

  10. #60
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,192
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    My You Tube is blown up with videos about Disney losing tons of money with the way in which they mishandled the SW franchise. On one hand it makes me happy that people are speaking with their wallets, on the other hand it makes me sad because I genuinely loved the original trilogy.
    I am the same. I truly love the original films and characters. I don't agree with a lot of what Lucas did witht he sequels etc but Disney have destroyed it now thanks to Kathleen Kennedy, J. J. Abrams and Rian Johnson.

  11. #61
    The First Avenger Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Golden Age
    Posts
    5,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    The way the article is written makes me think the writer hasn’t read the entire series. Nothing in this comic or anything else really has ever gone against any actually established lore. Preconceived notions, certainly, but not anything from the films or any material that was ever established canon. (EU perhaps, but that was never really canon, per GL himself.)
    At least that was better than most of this new "original" Disney version of Star Wars crap....

  12. #62
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    12,024
    Is that how you feel about Disney-Era SW? I had no idea! Thank you so much for sharing your insight!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

    Instagram: Just_Thommy

  13. #63
    Heroic Warrior HarryCanyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Santa Ana, California
    Posts
    2,254
    https://www.inverse.com/article/5791...ease-unaltered

    https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...-box-set-2020/

    Looks like George has finally awaken after 2 decades and approved of the unaltered versions of Star Wars in theaters. I have a bootleg set of the despecialized editions on blu-ray of the classic trilogy which looks great from interpositives. I hope the original trilogy in it's unscrewed with theatrical cuts finally hit UltraHD 4K BD now that Lucas's inflated ego from the last 2 decades has finally deflated and learned from his mistakes.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

  14. #64
    The First Avenger Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Golden Age
    Posts
    5,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Is that how you feel about Disney-Era SW? I had no idea! Thank you so much for sharing your insight!
    Sorry but I'm not blind it's either rehashed or someone's agenda Solo was the best of the bunch..that's fact

    I don't see this with "Rose Colored" glasses just because it's Star Wars....

  15. #65
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    12,024
    It’s so adorable how some people think opinions and facts work.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

    Instagram: Just_Thommy

  16. #66
    The First Avenger Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Golden Age
    Posts
    5,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    It’s so adorable how some people think opinions and facts work.
    And it's also funny is that some people will like something no matter how bad it is because it's copied the original but will hate anything "new" as long as the name "Star Wars" is on it...

    Just like some people think just because the name "Star Wars" is on it it's either worth a small fortune or will be successful no matter how bad it is.... Which is not true...

    I love how most people think that copying the OT is OK but they crap on new ideas I guess that's what people like rehashes NOTHING original...

  17. #67
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    6,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post

    I love how most people think that copying the OT is OK but they crap on new ideas I guess that's what people like rehashes NOTHING original...
    By that standard/logic, you ought to love the newness, different directions, and subversion of The Last Jedi, and rail against anyone who dislikes it.
    Last edited by RockinHard; August 18, 2019 at 02:11pm.

  18. #68
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,192
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    By that standard/logic, you ought to love the newness, different directions, and subversion of The Last Jedi, and rail against anyone who dislikes it.
    But The Last Jedi wasnt that original. It was still a basic point for point remake of ESB...even the ending just ripped off Escape From New York.

  19. #69
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    6,250
    That movie ain't anything like ESB and to say so IN MY OPINION is an insult to that classic movie. As flawed as TLJ is (and I think you have to choose to look over obvious plot holes and needlessness of points in the movie) it tries new things.

  20. #70
    The First Avenger Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Golden Age
    Posts
    5,005
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    By that standard/logic, you ought to love the newness, different directions, and subversion of The Last Jedi, and rail against anyone who dislikes it.
    No that was bad and had an agenda different than what it was supposed to go....

    It seems like people HATE everything that was not the OT I get it the OT was a classic and always will be BUT you can't tell people because they are stuck in the 1970's and 1980's and that will never change...

    I bring up valid scenarios BUT people will not listen or even look at that because they are not open minded...

  21. #71
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,192
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    That movie ain't anything like ESB and to say so IN MY OPINION is an insult to that classic movie. As flawed as TLJ is (and I think you have to choose to look over obvious plot holes and needlessness of points in the movie) it tries new things.
    It tries new thing but here is a lot (far too many) of similarites to ESB.
    Jedi seeking Master to be trained.
    Jedi rushing off when they aren't ready.
    Jedi having vision in cave.
    Space chse.
    Heroes getting involved with rogue who betrays them.
    Battle with big army of imperial walkers.
    Rebels fleeing their base because the bad gut know where they are.
    Compare those story points between TEB and TLJ.

  22. #72
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    6,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    I bring up valid scenarios BUT people will not listen or even look at that because they are not open minded...

    We will strive to be like you.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    It tries new thing but here is a lot (far too many) of similarites to ESB.
    Jedi seeking Master to be trained.
    Jedi rushing off when they aren't ready.
    Jedi having vision in cave.
    Space chse.
    Heroes getting involved with rogue who betrays them.
    Battle with big army of imperial walkers.
    Rebels fleeing their base because the bad gut know where they are.
    Compare those story points between TEB and TLJ.
    All the Disney-related Star Wars movies take parts from the previous movies. Rogue One borrows some of the same tropes/elements/points, as does Force Awakens, Solo, and The Last Jedi. These movies are going in circles in a lot ways compared to the original movies.

  23. #73
    The First Avenger Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Golden Age
    Posts
    5,005
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    We will strive to be like you.

    - - - Updated - - -
    I expect that because people tend not to noticed things that they can't/won't understand or to keep beating the same dead horse...Because they don't like it because it's not EXACTLY like the First 3 Star Wars movies (Hence Clones....)That's why people hated the prequels because they were not "Clones" of the OT that's why...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

    All the Disney-related Star Wars movies take parts from the previous movies. Rogue One borrows some of the same tropes/elements/points, as does Force Awakens, Solo, and The Last Jedi. These movies are going in circles in a lot ways compared to the original movies.
    Rogue one was Dark Forces with a OT twist...
    Force Awakens a "Clone" of A New Hope
    Last Jedi (Who knows what kind of crap that was)
    Solo was the only film that seemed like it fit in with the Lucasfilm movies before Disney...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    It tries new thing but here is a lot (far too many) of similarites to ESB.
    Jedi seeking Master to be trained.
    Jedi rushing off when they aren't ready.
    Jedi having vision in cave.
    Space chse.
    Heroes getting involved with rogue who betrays them.
    Battle with big army of imperial walkers.
    Rebels fleeing their base because the bad gut know where they are.
    Compare those story points between TEB and TLJ.
    He doesn't get it man people would rather defend sub par material than have a "real" opinion

  24. #74
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    6,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    He doesn't get it man people would rather defend sub par material than have a "real" opinion
    I can only hope to be as enlightened as you one day.
    Last edited by RockinHard; August 19, 2019 at 06:23pm.

  25. #75
    The First Avenger Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Golden Age
    Posts
    5,005
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I can only hope to be as enlightened as you one day.
    That's gives you something to shoot for... goals

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •