View Poll Results: The Munsters Or The Addams Family?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Munsters!!!

22 41.51%
  • The Addams Family!!!

29 54.72%
  • Other(please explain)!!!

2 3.77%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Munsters Or The Addams Family?

The Munsters Or The Addams Family?

The Munsters?

The Addams Family?

LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Addams Family. I don'tknow why but I never got into the munsters. I think the quirkiness of the addams family was more appealing than that of the munsters for me. I hardly ever watched the munsters but from what I have seen though they were monsters they were more 'normal' as a family, while The Addams were really odd, but despite that they were extremely upbeat! except for wednesday.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Munsters all the way. Fred Gwynne is a TV icon. His Herman Munster is among the top 10 best TV characters ever, IMO.

The Munsters for me. They were a sitcom version of the Universal Classic Monsters while The Addams Family was a safe version of Tim Burton's childhood. Monsters always beat goth imo.

JOIN THE GROUP...

The Munsters for me as well.

I love both shows, but The Munsters were such a big part of my childhood, I can't vote against them.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

The Munsters for me as well, although I liked them both. I liked that The Munsters were based on real monsters, whereas The Addams Family were just weirdos.

I remember watching both as a kid in reruns, but I couldn't honestly tell you which I watched or liked better.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    As much as I love the Munster family, I always wanted a Lurch or Cousin Itt to be in my family LOL
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

I like both and never saw any competition between them. Munsters was a family of monsters trying to live like normal people while Addams Family was mostly a human family going out of their way to be odd. Each was their own thing.

I did hate that 80s/90s Munsters remake TV show and the Addams Family movies. Both really failed to "get it". The TV show just messed things up and the movies turned Gomez into a European romance type, missing the whole point of the character. But I will give points to the Addams Family cartoon simply for having the good sense to get John Astin in the role again.
    It seems this forum is now filled with people who are more offended by the Star Wars movies than they are of the fact our president is a proven traitor or that the Supreme Court now has a certified rapist sitting on it.

He-Man & She-Ra would be ashamed of the alt-right influx into their fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    As much as I love the Munster family, I always wanted a Lurch or Cousin Itt to be in my family LOL
    I was going to say I would rather have a Marilyn in my family...

...but I guess being related to her would defeat the purpose.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Munsters by a landslide.

I remember as a child my 2 favorite rerun shows I watched religiously after school everyday were the Munsters and Batman. Which is probably why today I am such a huge DC Comics and Universal Monsters fan.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    Munsters was a family of monsters trying to live like normal people while Addams Family was mostly a human family going out of their way to be odd. Each was their own thing.
    While technically true, comparisons have been made between the 2 shows since they first aired much like they did with Bewitched & I Dream Of Jeanie. You're free to disagree but a rivalry has been in existence since before I was born.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Addams Family. I don'tknow why but I never got into the munsters. I think the quirkiness of the addams family was more appealing than that of the munsters for me. I hardly ever watched the munsters but from what I have seen though they were monsters they were more 'normal' as a family, while The Addams were really odd, but despite that they were extremely upbeat! except for wednesday.
    Bingo. I love Thing (the hand) and Morticia is gorgeous. I just loved their dark humour and how they kept blowing each other up for fun. They were so wacky, but even though they were off the wall and crazy, they deeply cared about their family.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

The Munsters cause they where alot funnier anyway. I never really cared much for Adam family.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

munsters all the way. never thought the adams family was funny. munsters is still funny today.

Heroic Warrior
    In Italy we've seen both them, and FOR ME "The Munster" is a pale copy of the "Addams family" 's black humor

Chas Addams has been a exceptional cartoonist, since '30, and MORE original.
    Gesù è venuto per salvarci dal peccato, ma continuo a vedere peccatori.
    Thor ci protegge dai demoni e dai giganti di ghiaccio, ed in effetti non ne vedo in giro.
    --------------------
    Gesù è nato da una coppia di fatto, con la fecondazione assistita
    --------------------
    Luca Bizzarri: "Non posso pensare bipartisan, io penso per i fa**i miei"

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    I can't decide!!! I love both equally.

The Munsters features classic Vaudeville comedy with iconic Universal-inspired monsters played by greats like Al Lewis, Fred Gwynne and Yvonne DeCarlo.

The Addams Family is subversive and darkly witty with characters from the demented imagination of Charles Addams. John Astin and Carolyn Jones are great!

I honestly can't pick one so I didn't vote.

I find it interesting that this matchup seems to have struck a nerve with more people than my other recent pop culture polls.

Samantha Or Jeannie?

Ginger Or Mary Ann?

Mad Or Cracked?

JOIN THE GROUP...

I went with The Addams Family. The Addams Family ran in syndication on a local channel in my town and I watched it quite a bit. I think Munsters was on TBS or another cable station, but I watched it rarely.

The Addams Family. I love both, but I find the Addams' to me so much funnier. Their dry, macabre humor and reactions to everyday life in the world, which they find odd, is funnier to me that simply looking like monsters but acting normal. Plus, I always thought Morticia was a babe.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    Addams Family was mostly a human family going out of their way to be odd.
    I don't think they went out of their way. They were just themselves and didn't have to try hard at all. Maybe that's another appeal... The Addams Family was a group of nonconformist (who didn't even realize they weren't conforming, as they seemed to have no idea of what normal folks would call normal) who still treated everyone nice and tried to get along, despite closed minded people constantly trying to bring them down for being different.

I liked the first movie, and still do well enough, but there are obviously some glaring points that poke at me. Mostly how the movie changed up the relationships. Making Fester Gomez' brother instead of Mortitia's uncle... Mama was Mortitia's mother in the movie, instead of being Gomez' mother... And I don't think they ever went into whether Itt was still Gomez' cousin. Sure, you could argue that the movie is going further back to the comics which were mostly one-offs with no clear sense of development, but the show is much more well known.

It's also possible that my opinion is skewed because Musnters has always been on in syndication, it seems, but for the longest time, I wanted to see Addams Family, but no stations played it around me, except as a Halloween Marathon. Of course, now I've got the series on DVD.
    Last edited by sonofblaine; January 22, 2011 at 09:32am.
    "I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-

Munsters. I liked Grandpa.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Oooooh. With my vote for 'The Munsters' it's dead even at 16 - 16.
    The Portal to the Terrible Dimension of Despondos
    "Either a certified genius or an authentic whacko"

RATTLOR FOR MOTUC!

Expendable Vintage Cherry Picker

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    The Addams Family is my vote! They're both good though.

Munsters all the way. When I was young my parents would let us go in the pool until noon. So during summer vacation my brother and I would pass the mornings indoors out of the sun watching The Munsters and The Price is Right. Also those same two shows got me through any illness where I stayed home from school. Good times.

Later on when I started working in the city I learned that Grandpa was the unofficial mayor of Rosevelt Island which is part of my turf working on the upper east side. Sadly I hadn’t gotten to meet him before he passed away. He was affectionately know as Grandpa on the little island in the east river.

Heroic Warrior
    Both were amazing and I watched them both all the time. Forced to choose, I have to say I find Addams Family to be wittier and a bit more clever as I've gotten older. But man... I love them both.