3 27.27%
  • Nosy Bears

0 0%
  • Darlin Dinos

1 9.09%
  • Smurfs

2 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Do you collect any more GIRLY toys from the 80s/90s?

Do you collect any more GIRLY toys from the 80s/90s?

I only know about more popular boy lines like GI Joe, He-Man, Transformers, Thundercats, Star Trek, etc. and I'd feel a little more at home if I knew there were other retro girly/plush toy collectors here.

Personally my favorites are MLP, Polly Pocket, Care Bears, Popples, Strawberry Shortcake, and Littlest Petshop.

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    I have to admit, I don't know if this counts as girly (maybe more pre-schooly), but I collected Glo-Friends by Hasbro as a kid, and got some ones I was missing a few years ago.

I also went back and got a few Care Bears and Care Bears Cousins plush stuffed animals my sister and I didn't have as a kid. At least as of a few years ago, 80's Care Bears plush don't go for a ton.

Also need to add, my parents discovered a baseball Cabbage Patch All-Star I got as a kid. He was missing some stuff, so I ended up getting missing pieces of his uniform, and also bought another team's doll too.

Last edited by The All American; April 16, 2019 at 02:13pm.

Care Bear plushies are usually worth $8-12 these days, $15ish if they're absolutely mint. Well, the US ones anyway. There are a few that are worth more, and then there are the $500+ UK exclusives.

In addition to Masters of the Universe, I also have a collection of all the Vintage She-Ra figures, except for Spinnerella of course lol. On top of that I also have a collection and do still collect Barbies, mainly ones of Pop Culture and Fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    In addition to Masters of the Universe, I also have a collection of all the Vintage She-Ra figures, except for Spinnerella of course lol. On top of that I also have a collection and do still collect Barbies, mainly ones of Pop Culture and Fantasy.
    I know very little about MotU/PoP toys. Why not Spinerella?

Heroic Warrior
    I never have collected anything girly but if I did it would be care bears.

Quote Originally Posted by Khoufu View Post
    She is the rarest of all the Vintage PoP figures and very hard to find. A loose figure could cost as much as $500 whereas one mint on card could go up to $2000.
    Last edited by depp76; April 17, 2019 at 01:14pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Khoufu View Post
    Welcome to the forums, by the way. Just curious, do you just not know much about the vintage toys or are you new to the property as well?

I don't collect any "girly" toys from the 1980s and 1990s. I actually don't own any vintage She-Ra items other than some books as they tend to be a bit pricier than I'm willing to pay and are hard to find complete and in decent shape. I'd love to have some, though. About 5 or 6 years I collected some of the modern MLP vinyl figures, though. My wife and I got into the show and I started collecting them while we were expecting our daughter. We made her nursery MLP and I guess collecting those was one of the ways I began trying to connect with her.

It turns out she loves MOTU nearly as much as me! It helps that her middle name is Adora!
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

I have some Care Bears and Popples. I never thought of stuffed animals as being “girly”. I think of them more as toys for younger kids. Although action figures are my main focus, I have plenty of other stuff in my collection. Care Bears, Popples, Teddy Ruxpin, Fisher Price Little People, etc.
    Last edited by FAKER II; April 17, 2019 at 12:58pm.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    Welcome to the forums, by the way. Just curious, do you just not know much about the vintage toys or are you new to the property as well?
    Just the toys, though my knowledge of the property is limited to the two classic shows, Princesses of Power, and the He-Man episode of The Toys That Made Us. Your daughter's name is Adora-ble! I enjoy modern MLP as well, especially Applejack and her family.

Thanks!

Applejack is my favorite, too!

Did the Toys that Made us Episode kind of reignite your passion for the property? I've hard from a lot of folks who saw it and got interested in MOTU again.

"We have a Ram-Man!"

It encouraged me to watch the old shows all the way through on Netflix, until they got removed before I could finish She-Ra. What encouraged me to join here, though, was a local toy shop getting in a bunch of He-Man toys and I bought my first few (Adam, Hordack, Battlecat, all naked and flawed), followed by a lucky Orko find at the flea market. None are in great shape but that's ok cuz I made felt replacements for Orko's hat and Adam's vest.

have vintage misfit dolls from jem and the holograms ( no stormer though too goody goody!).
    love the recent comic releases but the recent dolls are too expensive with international shipping and customs charges etc.
    avoided the recent movie though as soon as I found out how far from the original source it had become.
    Hoping for figures of: King Hsss slave girl, Major Header, Hans Hammerholder, Bubblor, Lady slither, Redeye, grr, Kayla, Gorgonne and the myp giants.

"everything will probably not be all right, but we have to try." V. Putin
    " sometimes it is necessary to be lonely in order to prove that you are right." V. Putin

Evil Sorcerer & Commander Zargon's Avatar
    How are Smurfs considered "girly"? For the longest time there was only 1 girl, Smurfette. Then eventually a few more....

I collected Smurfs & still have several... Just seems like an odd choice for girly.

*smurf-sized rant over*
    Last edited by Zargon; April 23, 2019 at 12:25pm.
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack, "new" characters as designed by Axor (Axel)

True they aren't really girly, I've just known a lot of girls who liked Smurfs because it was cute.

Unmotivated webcomicker KidTDragon's Avatar
    Just She-Ra for me. I had a couple of Cabbage Patch Kids back in the day (who didn't?) but not anymore.

I had to google Nosy Bears and Darlin' Dinos. I never heard of them before reading this thread.
    Track your MotU collection at shmax.com!

Almost Comics: Occasionally updated. Occasionally funny.

XBL Gamertag: KidTDragon
    PSN User ID: KidTDragon
    Nintendo Network ID: KidTDragon
    Steam: KidTDragon

Just wanted to pop in and say that I should be receiving in the mail today my first ever POP figures from the vintage line. I found a great storage unit sale that includes multiple complete figures including She-Ra, Kowl, Clawdeen, a crystal horse, and a complete Crystal Castle! Super excited as I've never owned anything from the vintage She-Ra line!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Very nice! I haven't even seen any She-Ra toys in person before. Maybe someday I can make a Cowl plush.