Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: She-Ra and the Princesses of Power REVIEWS Thread - Season 2 now on Netflix!

This is a nice rendition of the classic series as I have just said, but ok don't blame me it's totally cool they made a series tailored for the millenials / teenagers (my gosh I feel old now ) and the property needed this and I'm convinced Lou would be extremely happy with how things are going, but the character of She-Ra and the Horde deserves more serious/dramatic iterations for people in the late teens and adult fans as well, be it via a comic book (The Despara comics from the DC series was very 200xish for me) or hopefully a live action adaptation spin off from the 2020 Nee Bros movie. Sony should create a cinematic universe by doing a prequel film about Keldor and a spin off for She-Ra and the Rebellion

my 2 cents

this
    3890895c1ce4f748008cc78dcfa0db5e.jpg

pure genius!!
    du3jnl-d0edf031-b68d-457b-8db3-4f79d7fcea1f.jpg
    Last edited by Triklops 1; April 28, 2019 at 07:27pm.
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "LET THE POWER RETURNS....!"

Watched all of season 2... and the trend continues... lots of fun, some great throwbacks, & the amazing Catra... love her.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."

Totally Dyslexic
    I donīt like the show but iīm really trying.

Some reviewers said that this show is not She-Ra but a teenager story where the characters have the same names as the POP characters and i agree.

And this season 2 is clearly split up and the episodes were cut.

And to proof that: One of the artists promised us more of Netossa and we got even less than what we have seen of her in season 1. And there we only saw a few glimpses except for the final fight.

We were promised more character improvements and more story arcs but where was the story in season 2. They were random stories jumping from one point of time to the other. Fighting for the whispering woods, time jump to Entraptas castle, jump some time later again to a fortress, next jump we are weeks later in an icy environment and than jump back to the fright zone.

The other princess popped up or not and the only two people whos characters were more explored were Shadow Weaver and Micah. Both are not even princesses. The princesses are background characters and the new invented horde characters get more lines or screen time.

Bow says he is a soldier... in what army? What soldier training did he attend? He could have said that he is a warrior but no he said soldier and that is simply not true.

The writing is mediocre if you ask me and i wouldnīt watch if it wasnīt supposed to be POP. And hearing the original song as the end credit song made me miss the old style of art and designs even more.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Episode 7 "Roll with It" was awesome.
    The vintage looks were hillarious and appreciated.
    I think the best part was the Filmation music used in the end credits!
    Other wise...this season seemed a little "soft" to me.
    Like the whole Adora/Catra dynamic is already old.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post

We were promised more character improvements and more story arcs but where was the story in season 2. They were random stories jumping from one point of time to the other. Fighting for the whispering woods, time jump to Entraptas castle, jump some time later again to a fortress, next jump we are weeks later in an icy environment and than jump back to the fright zone.

Bow says he is a soldier... in what army? What soldier training did he attend? He could have said that he is a warrior but no he said soldier and that is simply not true.
    While it wasn't serialised fully I would say there was usualy a bit of character progression with each episode and most the episodes dis have the running subplot of Entrapta and Hordak.

Also wouldn't the fact that Bow is fighting in a war make him a soldier? I mean Amuro and most of the other Gundam protagonists get called soldiers, despite them having no formal training.

To a layperson warrior and soldier tend to become synonymous.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

"Bow says he is a soldier ....in what army? "

What army exactly . Where is any sort of rebel army ?

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    While it wasn't serialised fully I would say there was usualy a bit of character progression with each episode and most the episodes dis have the running subplot of Entrapta and Hordak.

Also wouldn't the fact that Bow is fighting in a war make him a soldier? I mean Amuro and most of the other Gundam protagonists get called soldiers, despite them having no formal training.
    Hordak has been shown with a little bit more of characterization. He is desperate to leave Etheria but Entrapta didnīt change. She only cares for science and isnīt interested in people or boundaries or rules. As long as she provides value people tolerate her. I really pity her at this point to be honest.

And than there is Scorpia....*sigh*
    Catra seems to be in love with Adora. Adora isnīt interested in her. Scorpia seems to be in love with Catra but she doesīt care for her. Maybe thatīs a theme for the show? Since Sea-Hawk is in love wit Mermista but she isnīt into him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    To a layperson warrior and soldier tend to become synonymous.
    But a writer should know the the difference. So either they donīt care or they donīt care enough to do some research...either one of those option doesīt feel right to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    "Bow says he is a soldier ....in what army? "

What army exactly . Where is any sort of rebel army ?
    Not even the bright moon guards helped them. Itīs these teenagers all alone and the only ally is a weird man child pirate with no special skills against an army of robots and troupers in armor.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I love the New She-Ra just as much as the original. I can't wait for more seasons and episodes.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Hordak has been shown with a little bit more of characterization. He is desperate to leave Etheria but Entrapta didnīt change. She only cares for science and isnīt interested in people or boundaries or rules. As long as she provides value people tolerate her. I really pity her at this point to be honest.

And than there is Scorpia....*sigh*
    Catra seems to be in love with Adora. Adora isnīt interested in her. Scorpia seems to be in love with Catra but she doesīt care for her. Maybe thatīs a theme for the show? Since Sea-Hawk is in love wit Mermista but she isnīt into him as well.

But a writer should know the the difference. So either they donīt care or they donīt care enough to do some research...either one of those option doesīt feel right to me.

Not even the bright moon guards helped them. Itīs these teenagers all alone and the only ally is a weird man child pirate with no special skills against an army of robots and troupers in armor.
    You said there were no running storylines even though I pointed them out. Catra's own storyline ends up being a direct consequence of the Hordak, Entrapta stuff. Catra finding out just how tough running the Horde army actualy was, geting more or less replaced as Horak's second in comand as quickly as she had gained the position and finding out just how bad it is to be on the recieving end of Horak's wrathe, sent her running back to Shadow Weaver and put her in a mental state that made her vulnrable to Shadow Weaver's manipulation.

As I said before I don't see why it's ok to call most the Gundam protagonists soldiers, but not Bow.

As for the whole Mermistat thing. I'm pretty sure she is into Seahawk, she's jus tsundere about it.

Totally Dyslexic
    You said there were no running storylines even though I pointed them out. Catra's own storyline ends up being a direct consequence of the Hordak, Entrapta stuff. Catra finding out just how tough running the Horde army actualy was, geting more or less replaced as Horak's second in comand as quickly as she had gained the position and finding out just how bad it is to be on the recieving end of Horak's wrathe, sent her running back to Shadow Weaver and put her in a mental state that made her vulnrable to Shadow Weaver's manipulation.

As I said before I don't see why it's ok to call most the Gundam protagonists soldiers, but not Bow.

As for the whole Mermistat thing. I'm pretty sure she is into Seahawk, she's jus tsundere about it.
    The original series had some continuing stories like Adoras and Sea Hawks developing relationship as well but there were no long term storylines. This She-Ra season has been the same but pretending itīs superior which it proofed with this season it is not.

Catra has been manipulated by Shadow Weaver her whole life and she still is. She is never satisfied and constantly jealous of others and she still is. Nothing new here if you ask me.

You keep mentioning Gundam and since i donīt watch that show i canīt get into a discussion about it with you.

We can talk about Bow and he simply is no soldier but a a warrior/fighter what ever you want to call him but a soldier he simply is not. Words have meanings and if you want to be taking serious you should know the proper names and terms. Writers should know what word to use. Words are their job. Things like that make me say that these writers are doing a mediocre job in my opinion.

The original series had some continuing stories like Adoras and Sea Hawks developing relationship as well but there were no long term storylines. This She-Ra season has been the same but pretending itīs superior which it proofed with this season it is not.

Catra has been manipulated by Shadow Weaver her whole life and she still is. She is never satisfied and constantly jealous of others and she still is. Nothing new here if you ask me.

You keep mentioning Gundam and since i donīt watch that show i canīt get into a discussion about it with you.

We can talk about Bow and he simply is no soldier but a a warrior/fighter what ever you want to call him but a soldier he simply is not. Words have meanings and if you want to be taking serious you should know the proper names and terms. Writers should know what word to use. Words are their job. Things like that make me say that these writers are doing a mediocre job in my opinion.
    Catra would have never have gone crawling back to Shadow Weaver if it wasn't for the issues she was dealing with throughout the season. She turned to Shadow Weaver because she was desperate. There was quite the recuring element of the Catra finding out just how tough Shadow Weaver's job actualy was, throughout those episodes.

For context on the Gundam thing. The plots of Gundam shows typicly revolve around wars being faught with giant robots, with a Gundam usualy being a super powerful one of a kind prototype. The main character is usualy a civilian (I say usualy because there are a few aceptions) who gets drawn into the conflict and ends up piloting the Gundam through circumstance.

Just finished Season 2 (Is there more on it's way? nly saw 7 episodes) and loved it just as much as Season 1. Really, really fun.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Does anyone else find Entrapta and Hordaks new relationship seriously disturbing ? I think Imp is about to be given the its not you its me speech .

Does anyone else find Entrapta and Hordaks new relationship seriously disturbing ? I think Imp is about to be given the its not you its me speech .
    He was in the background messing with each of the tools Entrapta was handling, pretty much scream "Look at me, I can do this too."

Entrapta may want to avoid any suspicious clippers or hair trimmers lying around.

But on a serious note, beyond the "evil overlord uses sweet, but naive princess to move his plan forward," what about the relationship seems disturbing? Granted he's using her and will probably abandon her when done, but that's Villainy 101.
    Last edited by Asher Tye; May 6, 2019 at 12:59pm.

Hordak the most dangerous monster in the fright zone is displaying an infinite amount of tolerance .

Entrapta whom I am pretty sure understands the concept of danger and life threatening situations is invading Hordaks personal space that defies sanity . She was jumping on his throne in the background .

This is way too out of character for both.

Unmotivated webcomicker KidTDragon's Avatar
    Hordak the most dangerous monster in the fright zone is displaying an infinite amount of tolerance .

Entrapta whom I am pretty sure understands the concept of danger and life threatening situations is invading Hordaks personal space that defies sanity . She was jumping on his throne in the background .

Not really. Entrapta's already been well established as a bit of a cloud-cuckoolander, and Hordak only became tolerant of her once he learned that she can give him what he wants.

--------------------------------------

So are we getting more episodes this season? Seems like there should be another six coming down the pike, considering that we got 13 eps the first season and episode 7 didn't feel like a "season-ender".
    Track your MotU collection at shmax.com!

Almost Comics: Occasionally updated. Occasionally funny.

XBL Gamertag: KidTDragon
    PSN User ID: KidTDragon
    Nintendo Network ID: KidTDragon
    Steam: KidTDragon

I'm not sure it's an infinite amount of tolerance so much as he finally found someone who's able to help him with his ultimate goal. I think that's something that makes him even scarier. The moment Entrapta outlives her usefulness he'll at best cut her loose or at worst actively dispose of her (possibly by using her as a test subject). Since we only has some idea of when that will be (He knows the science is sound, its forcing Etheria's tech level to work with him) its libel to be at some horrific time when he's actually gained her trust. Entrapta may know danger but that doesn't mean she pays attention to imminent peril. She called him her lab partner, but he's referring to her as an assistant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KidTDragon View Post
    So are we getting more episodes this season? Seems like there should be another six coming down the pike, considering that we got 13 eps the first season and episode 7 didn't feel like a "season-ender".
    Some seasons end on cliffhangers, especially if the showrunners think they're getting renewed. (Not always the smartest move, but you can't deny it has people chomping at the bit.)

Quote Originally Posted by KidTDragon View Post
    Not really. Entrapta's already been well established as a bit of a cloud-cuckoolander, and Hordak only became tolerant of her once he learned that she can give him what he wants.

--------------------------------------

There are 4 13 episode archs to this show, but they've decided to make some of the seasons shorter than 13. A "season" is however many episodes they are deciding to release at once.

So the better question is, what is their planned release cadence?

Between S01 and S02 there were roughly 6 months, should we anticipate a 3 month period now?
    Interested in the following loose Classics figures: Ram Man, Griffin, Mekaneck, 200x King Hisss and figure stands (prefer Snake Mountain stands)!

Contact me per PM or my razzerian@gmail.com

Looking to pre-order Snake Mountain? Check out this thread to see where you can do so! Found a new retailer selling it, drop a line in said thread to add it to the list.

Has Noelle Stevenson ever said why she didn't use Flutterina or Sweet Bee at all (or Netossa and Spinnerella for that matter)?

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Has Noelle Stevenson ever said why she didn't use Flutterina or Sweet Bee at all (or Netossa and Spinnerella for that matter)?
    Sweet Bee and Peekablue are mentioned in Season 1 (Princess Prom), we may see them yet.
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...

I've finished season 2 lately. It's still painful to look at this art style, especially at She-Ra. Body proportions are still inconsistent, changing from scene to scene. Why do characters have to scream all the time? It's getting on my nerves. I can barely stand Frosta, she's very annoying. There are only few characters I like, among them are Catra and Scorpia. The background music is too good for this show.
    I feel that the show is really trying hard to be a comedy, forgetting that they established in season 1 that the Horde ACTUALLY KILLED many people. On the other hand they allow She-Ra to use her sword against humans, but if she actually hits and cuts/kills?
    Anyway it's easier to root for villains in this series, they are more interesting and less annoying than princesses and their friends.
    Last edited by Chris85; May 9, 2019 at 06:16am.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
    I've finished season 2 lately. It's still painful to look at this art style, especially at She-Ra. Body proportions are still inconsistent, changing from scene to scene. Why do characters have to scream all the time? It's getting on my nerves. I can barely stand Frosta, she's very annoying. There are only few characters I like, among them are Catra and Scorpia. The background music is too good for this show.
    I feel that the show is really trying hard to be a comedy, forgetting that they established in season 1 that the Horde ACTUALLY KILLED many people. On the other hand they allow She-Ra to use her sword against humans, but if she actually hits and cuts/kills?
    Anyway it's easier to root for villains in this series, they are more interesting and less annoying than princesses and their friends.

I don't thin there's anything wrong with having those kinds of comedic episodes to be honest. I mean lots of shows jump between far greater exteams when it comes to the comedic and dark stuff.

My only real issue with it here is the fact that this is clearly being structured like season1 was (mostly light hearted first half, with a darker more dramatic turn in the second half) and that spliting this season in two, causes the first half to lean a bit to far towards the comedic side of things without the second half to balance it out.

I don't realy mind shouty voice acting because, I like heroes who are hot blooded.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Light spinner was easily the best episode of the season in my opinion and I can't help but feel the season as a whole was just half a season and I don't judt mean in terms of episode count. The way it was structured felt like the first half of a season rather. But then again that's probably what it was origionaly inted as.
    That's just because this so-called "season 2" actually is just the first half of the "real" second season. There is absolutely no question that it was originally that way, given that Noelle herself explained she conceived and developed four 13-episode arcs. But Netflix suddenly decided and announced they wouldn't be releasing the whole second season in one go and instead have kept its second half locked in their vault gathering dust for a few more months while the second story arc got split in two at a mid-season cliffhanger.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    Some seasons end on cliffhangers, especially if the showrunners think they're getting renewed. (Not always the smartest move, but you can't deny it has people chomping at the bit.)
    But this has nothing whatsoever to do with the producers playing with their chances of renewing or not renewing. We know for a fact the show is finished in full already, and it was almost finished by the time the first season got finally released. The whole of its 4 "true" seasons (storywise), however many "seasons" they finally become depending on Netflix's whims as to how many episodes to release at each release, are done and finalized by now, with the people involved having moved on to their next projects. Someone working directly in the show's production revealed that fact, I think it was through a Twitter or Facebook post, a couple or three months ago. So Netflix could decide to release the full series tomorrow if they so wanted. The problem is they don't, and instead they want to artificially stretch it out over several long years in order to keep people subscribed to their service so as to maximize their profits.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog