Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Super7 Taking forever to produce, much less deliver.

Widget
    If that's true, I wonder if Mattel plans to keep releasing the 5.5" Vintage line, or if they plan on giving it to someone who can actually meet quality standards. Either way it's the first I've heard of this, though it wouldn't be the first time Mattel has taken back a license. I'd like to know either way.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by whakojacko View Post
    http://battleramblog.com/errol-mccar...rdback-legend/
    Errol McCarthy mentions something about Mattel possibly taking back the rights in this interview. Just under the picture of “Fisto vs Jitsu”.
    I hope to god that’s not true. Super7 was just getting the ball rolling with this line, and it is shaping up to be awesome. The last thing we need is Mattel taking back over and dropping the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah Errol just kind of mentions it in a kind of “as of a matter of fact” way and nothing more than just that brief mention of it. At the same time he should sort of “be in know” since he’s been doing the cardbacks for S7. Maybe they told him they wouldn’t be needing him after the Shadow Weaver wave and told him Mattel reclaiming the rights was the reason. I hope for some better details soon.

In my opinion Super 7 doesn't deserve the license. All they did was put out extremely sub quality figures for top dollar prices, took forever to ship, and took re-using tooling to a new level. I mean really...do I need six versions of Filmation He-Man that don't stand on their own? Maybe the Gold one will have good leg joints, or the transforming one will have a good shield...I don't think so. I was so on board with this line based off the Three Terrors figures but since then Super 7 obviously switched to the LOWEST bidder of manufacturers. And it's very obvious that management at Super 7 thinks that's all we deserve...so, I won't lose any sleep over them not having the license. I truly hope Mattel will continue a vintage style line, just with a better company. Just my opinion guys

Court Magician
    Super7 needs to be schooled on underpromise, overdeliver. If they think something will be shipping in May for example, they should say shipping by July. That way it's far less likely for it to be late. And people get surprised & delighted early.

Agreed, that would be an excellent idea Sev, as I said to Super7 earlier in the forum, they need to deliver. Literally. I have read and heard about the factory thing. But it's just not good business. I hope they can turn this around. I would hate to see them lose it to some other company that has no love for the Filmation series.

This is a different type of industry though. Whether it's good or bad business, there is nowhere else to go for these figures. Remember we're not loyal to Super 7, we're loyal to MOTU. That's why people are going to Entertainment Earth for the Snake Mountain because they like that there is no down payment.

I've just gotten to the point where I'll order things from Super 7 and then put it out of my mind. I have plenty to do to keep me busy with a wife and 3 kids. I've said this so many times... ordering action figures online is not ideal for collectors it's only ideal for the companies. I've said for years that these things need to be in stores AND online but for some odd reason it apparently isn't ideal for companies only for the customer. If I get what I ordered in the mail, then awesome. If I don't, whatever. I wouldn't let it lapse for too long but we just have to go into these things knowing we aren't going to see anything for months.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzerian View Post
    And if something would occur, I’m sure they’d offer full refunds.
    That brings up a really good point. With the pay up front model Super 7 utilizes to be able to pay for production, what's the chance that customers start getting stiffed for refunds if the license does go back to Mattel? What's the chance Super 7 says that the money is already tied up in the production stage and will not honor cancelations, but won't guarantee deliveries either? I'm just wondering now that the rumor mill has started churning with talk of Mattel.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TAAO View Post
    That brings up a really good point. With the pay up front model Super 7 utilizes to be able to pay for production, what's the chance that customers start getting stiffed for refunds if the license does go back to Mattel? What's the chance Super 7 says that the money is already tied up in the production stage and will not honor cancelations, but won't guarantee deliveries either? I'm just wondering now that the rumor mill has started churning with talk of Mattel.
    I'd say the chance is pretty much 0. If they charge people hundreds of bucks and don't deliver anything they would face a lawsuit.

Heroic Warrior
    Even if Mattel changes the terms of their arrangement, Super7 will have/have had plenty of time to finish out what they’re working on. Just like when DC pulled the license from Mattel; they’re still producing a year-and-a-half later. Honestly, losing DC is probably why they needed MOTU back.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun Flaherty View Post
    Even if Mattel changes the terms of their arrangement, Super7 will have/have had plenty of time to finish out what they’re working on. Just like when DC pulled the license from Mattel; they’re still producing a year-and-a-half later. Honestly, losing DC is probably why they needed MOTU back.
    This post gave me hope for Classics.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!