Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IT Chapter 2 (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    What did you think of the original adaptation, the mini-series with Curry?
    I only watched it once or twice over ten years ago. Found it quite boring and not very scary. Liked Curry as Pennywise. I will have to watch it again sometime to see what I think of it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I only watched it once or twice over ten years ago. Found it quite boring and not very scary. Liked Curry as Pennywise. I will have to watch it again sometime to see what I think of it now.
    And you think the new movies improve on the miniseries as it actually has a budget and all? but do you think curry is the best thing about the miniseries even Harry Anderson and John Ritter and Jonathan Brendis and Seth Green?
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Anyone saw this? i'm going sunday afternoon as i watched part 1 last night.

I watched IT.

Not as good as the first one, especially that scene from the trailer with the granny. Way too CGI heavy to be scary. Still a fine movie, but felt as long as it is.
    I have seen what others have not seen!

Quote Originally Posted by AT-Man View Post
    I watched IT.
    Is there a big reveal of who he is really like in the original?

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Is there a big reveal of who he is really like in the original?

They explain its nature of being, but not in a manner that makes it a huge twist or anything.

I watched IT.
    Personally i always liked the adult part of the book better than the kids one and the adults are quite likable and yes it did went overboard on CGI at times when they could had used more practical effects but did had some Lovecraftian aspects.

Did

the naked old lady in the movie surprised anyone? some people were snickering in the theater and who thought her monster form looked like the librarian in Ghostbusters? and noticed that The Thing and the 1987 Japanese animated movie Wicked City had a reference?

and who else thought the hate crime in the opening was quite brutal?

i enjoyed it.. i think i liked the 1st one a little better.. Certainly not scary.. more action than anything..

Id be very interested in seeing them both edited together in that 6 hr cut they have been talking about w add'l scenes.
    Halloween is not just a holiday.. its a way of life!

SPOILER

So was he an alien,crab monster/spider etc.?

SPOILER

Yes, all of that.

I enjoyed it. Think part one was scarier, but I liked what they did with the book material overall.

I really enjoyed the first film. And vastly preferred it to the 1990 version.
    I have read the book and I prefer the stories of them as children.
    Personally I am not as keen on the stories of them as adults.
    One thing I really disliked about the book and the 1990 movie was how it kept going back wards and fords showing them as teens and as adults.
    I like how the 2017 movie just focussed on them as children.
    I haven't seen Part 2 yet but from what I hear there is too much comedy and it goes on too long.

Like I said I enjoyed the 2017 movie but I wasn't too keen on the 1990 version or the book in general. It goes on too long and honestly is a bit silly in some ways. Not one of King's best books by any means.

Hang in there, Bow! Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I haven't seen Part 2 yet but from what I hear there is too much comedy and it goes on too long.
    Comedy??? Not what I would have expected in such a film!

SPOILER
    -

I thought though the thing was It was really the light/energy of everything behind those forms, and not really those forms themselves just as they were.
    Welcome to The She-Ra Photo Museum! Thousands of screencaps from Filmation's classic 1980's toon! For the Honor of Grayskull!

Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Man's Minion View Post
    Comedy??? Not what I would have expected in such a film!
    I think it's more some what slightly comedic moments according to the reviews.

This was a new fake trailer parody from Friday's season premiere of "The Ellen Degeneres Show".

-

Welcome to The She-Ra Photo Museum! Thousands of screencaps from Filmation's classic 1980's toon! For the Honor of Grayskull!

Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

SPOILER
    Yeah, I guess.

But they didn't really have to destroy the lights to kill it. They just got extinguished as the clown's heart was crushed. Dunno lol.

Quote Originally Posted by H.A.L.9000 View Post
    i enjoyed it.. i think i liked the 1st one a little better.. Certainly not scary.. more action than anything..

Id be very interested in seeing them both edited together in that 6 hr cut they have been talking about w add'l scenes.

I really would be interested in that too. I do like that the newer films split things but I'd love to see an extended edit with a few extra scenes and a structure more like the book. Personally, I'd love to see the move edited into multiple "episodes" sort of like the Netflix extended version of The Hateful Eight. I think they could do something really cool with that rather than just a six hour movie. I'd love to see some more scenes discussing some of the incidents in Derry's past, such as the Bradley Gang Incident and the Black Spot disaster.

Overall, I really enjoyed Chapter 2. The casting was perfect. I really think this was some of the best casting I've seen in a film as the actors really felt like the kids grown up. Even Ben. While the adult and child versions of Ben looked so different, they had similar facial expressions and similar eyes. While this wasn't the "scariest" movie at all, I enjoyed it. It was a great story of good vs evil, friendship, growing up, and featured lots of fun creature effects and such. It was just an enjoyable film/s.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

I've watched it and I thought it was... "meh". It was ok, but quite predictable and I found chapter one 1 more attractive. Children were more vulnerable and seemed to be more courageous and capable of resolving things easier than their adult cpounterparts.
    Also, it was too long. A new Pennywise encounter story as a flashback for pretty much each of the Losers made it repetitve.
    And I haven't read the book, but ending seemed a little corny in the way that Pennywise if defeated.

Cast was on spot though, specially Bill Hader, he is truly a force of nature actor.

Movie did good, so people are talking about a prequel. I'd like someday see that deleted scene in which a terrified mother delivers her baby to Pennywise in exchange for her life
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    A new Pennywise encounter story as a flashback for pretty much each of the Losers made it repetitve.
    Interesting; I wonder if those are from the book? (I've seen neither movie nor read the book; only seen the 1990 mini-series)

Interesting; I wonder if those are from the book? (I've seen neither movie nor read the book; only seen the 1990 mini-series)
    From what I can remember, the Pennywise flashbacks were definitely related to things in the book. They definitely capture the feel and pacing of the book where once the Losers return as adults and meet up, they go off on their own to remember some of the things they had forgotten as kids.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    I've watched it and I thought it was... "meh". It was ok, but quite predictable and I found chapter one 1 more attractive. Children were more vulnerable and seemed to be more courageous and capable of resolving things easier than their adult cpounterparts.
    Also, it was too long. A new Pennywise encounter story as a flashback for pretty much each of the Losers made it repetitve.
    And I haven't read the book, but ending seemed a little corny in the way that Pennywise if defeated.

Cast was on spot though, specially Bill Hader, he is truly a force of nature actor.

Movie did good, so people are talking about a prequel. I'd like someday see that deleted scene in which a terrified mother delivers her baby to Pennywise in exchange for her life
    I haven't seen the movie yet but I didn't like the ending or the way he was defeated in the book.

I've been wanting to see the first one. I'll have to see if I can make that happen soon so I can check out this next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Palazzolor View Post
    I've been wanting to see the first one. I'll have to see if I can make that happen soon so I can check out this next one.
    You should definitely watch the 2017 version. It's a lot better than the 1990 version.

In the books, King kept it a bit ambiguous whether they actually managed to kill IT or not . A few hints have come up in later books that IT was still alive, after all. Of course, being what IT is in the book that is not surprising. Don't know if the film implies this or not.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"All you have is your fire, and the place you need to reach
    Don't you ever tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash"
    - Hozier, "Arsonist's Lullabye"

I was very disappointed in Chapter 2. I'll stick to my favourite It the miniseries. Tim Curry is the only Pennywise for me.