Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IT Chapter 2 (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    I LOVE Stranger Things
    Then watch IT, I think you will enjoy it.

I also really like Strange Things, but I am only half way through season 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    My wife is not much of a horror fan but she went to see It and enjoyed it. It's definitely part of the "kids on bicycles" subgenre, which she likes, so that kind of won her over. One of the things that we discussed about the film which I think might make it more watchable is that it offers plenty of scenes that are genuinely funny and charming. The kids are funny and quite fun, so you'll get something terrifying, then some scenes with some comedic relief, then something terrifying, then some comedic relief again. It helps to make the film more enjoyable and less anxiety ridden.
    Do you also like other kids vs monster films like Monster Squad, The Gate etc.?
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    Do you also like other kids vs monster films like Monster Squad, The Gate etc.?
    Monster Squad is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    My wife is not much of a horror fan but she went to see It and enjoyed it. It's definitely part of the "kids on bicycles" subgenre, which she likes, so that kind of won her over. One of the things that we discussed about the film which I think might make it more watchable is that it offers plenty of scenes that are genuinely funny and charming. The kids are funny and quite fun, so you'll get something terrifying, then some scenes with some comedic relief, then something terrifying, then some comedic relief again. It helps to make the film more enjoyable and less anxiety ridden.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Monster Squad is awesome.
    Damn right and do you think this sequel might surpass part 1?

I remember when I saw Monster Squad in the theaters my brothers and I were the only people there.

I'm always amazed at how many people seem to like it these days.

I thought Jack Dylan Grazer was amazing as superhero enthusiast and sidekick Freddy Freeman in Shazam, but I'm afraid there's no way I could ever watch a horror movie.

In the trailer for the new Addams Family movie (something I CAN safely watch), Wednesday gives Morticia a balloon and Morticia says "Don't these usually come attached to psychotic murderous clowns..." or something like that.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    Damn right and do you think this sequel might surpass part 1?
    I am not too sure. I wasn't that impressed with the trailers for Part 1 snd didn't think I would like it.
    From what I recall of the book the second half will mostly focus on them as adults so it might not have too many light hearted or comedic moments.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amentep View Post
    I remember when I saw Monster Squad in the theaters my brothers and I were the only people there.

I'm always amazed at how many people seem to like it these days.
    I remember seeing it on TV one night really and I was allowed to stay up and watch it around summer 95/96.
    One dat in a shop,in 97, I was looking at the videos and seen it and gtrabbed it and bought it with my pocket money I had saved.
    I got Monster Squad on DVD a few years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I thought Jack Dylan Grazer was amazing as superhero enthusiast and sidekick Freddy Freeman in Shazam, but I'm afraid there's no way I could ever watch a horror movie.

In the trailer for the new Addams Family movie (something I CAN safely watch), Wednesday gives Morticia a balloon and Morticia says "Don't these usually come attached to psychotic murderous clowns..." or something like that.
    You should start, you are missing out on great films.
    It's not really a horror, more a thriller, but you should watch Misery.

You should start, you are missing out on great films.
    It's not really a horror, more a thriller, but you should watch Misery.
    I did sneak a peek at a horror movie my parents were watching on video when I was really young (I think it was the final scene of Happy Birthday To Me) and it freaked me out so much, I just couldn't go anywhere near the genre ever since. I'm not fond of gore and gross things.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

If you're interested in dipping a toe in horror but aren't that interested in gore, you could go back to much older films rather than trying modern stuff.

While shocking for their time, the Universal Horror films of the 30s, 40s, and 50s are more moody to a modern audience than explicit. That said if you're not a big watcher of older films, that can be a barrier as well, as these were, for the most part, B movies.

There are a number of films that rely on tension rather than gore as well, but the experience can still be intense. Robert Wise 1960s film THE HAUNTING is still effective, I've found in evoking scares.

But there's no reason to explore horror if you don't want to either.

If you're interested in dipping a toe in horror but aren't that interested in gore, you could go back to much older films rather than trying modern stuff.

While shocking for their time, the Universal Horror films of the 30s, 40s, and 50s are more moody to a modern audience than explicit. That said if you're not a big watcher of older films, that can be a barrier as well, as these were, for the most part, B movies.

There are a number of films that rely on tension rather than gore as well, but the experience can still be intense. Robert Wise 1960s film THE HAUNTING is still effective, I've found in evoking scares.

But there's no reason to explore horror if you don't want to either.
    Thanks Amentep, but I think I'll quite happily stay with my musicals, fantasy/science-fiction & DC superheroes, Disney, and other family-rated movies. Any combination of animation, live action, CGI & LEGO of course.

Thanks Amentep, but I think I'll quite happily stay with my musicals, fantasy/science-fiction & DC superheroes, Disney, and other family-rated movies. Any combination of animation, live action, CGI & LEGO of course.
    If you are going to be watching Melissa McCartney and James Corden in musicals you shouldn't be too worried about watching scary and gory horror movies.

If you are going to be watching Melissa McCartney and James Corden in musicals you shouldn't be too worried about watching scary and gory horror movies.
    I don't like Melissa McCarthy and I don't know who James Corden is.

Hotel Transylvania and Monsters vs Aliens films and shows then?

On another note, I'm surprised to see the hate for James Corden, he was the it guy for a bit. Was he really that bad in Into the Woods?

Hotel Transylvania and Monsters vs Aliens films and shows then?

On another note, I'm surprised to see the hate for James Corden, he was the it guy for a bit. Was he really that bad in Into the Woods?
    I am going to assume you don't live in the UK. He is most known for an awful sitcom called Gavin & Stacey. I always found him quite annoying and unfunny.

I mostly know him from the Dr Who episodes he was in and that he has a late night show in the US.

I mostly know him from the Dr Who episodes he was in and that he has a late night show in the US.
    Didn't know he was in Dr Who. Never really been a fan of the show. Tried getting into it but the newer stuff, 2004 to present, was awful.

I've been watching it since Peter Davison was the Doctor, but I've seen most of the existing shows excepting the last two of the most recent series. The stuff since Russell T Davies relaunched it is certainly different than what came before.

I have seen clips of his show, but I refuse to watch most late night programs. Too political for my tastes. He kind of seems like a goofball.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

I'm asleep before any late night programs come on. Gotta work in the morning.

I've seen clips of the carpool karaoke though.

I'm asleep before any late night programs come on. Gotta work in the morning.

I've seen clips of the carpool karaoke though.
    Me too, except I homeschool and my kids get up at the crack of dawn even though they could sleep in - LOL!

I saw the P!nk one because I like her.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

Home schooling sounds pretty cool.

Home schooling sounds pretty cool.
    It is pretty rad We really enjoy it as a family and we have a rather large HS community in our area.

So I asked my Mom tonight if she thought I should watch IT and she was like 'Are you nuts?' She loves horror, but she said I would not do well with it - LOL!

It is pretty rad We really enjoy it as a family and we have a rather large HS community in our area.

So I asked my Mom tonight if she thought I should watch IT and she was like 'Are you nuts?' She loves horror, but she said I would not do well with it - LOL!
    I am not sure if HS is allowed in the UK.

Has she seen the 2017 version? I personally thought the 2017 version was great and a far superior, updated?, version compared to the 90's version. Seems odd saying update when it's set in the late 80's LOL.

I finally finished season 3 of Stranger Things.

I am not sure if HS is allowed in the UK.

Has she seen the 2017 version? I personally thought the 2017 version was great and a far superior, updated?, version compared to the 90's version. Seems odd saying update when it's set in the late 80's LOL.

I finally finished season 3 of Stranger Things.
    What did you think of the original adaptation, the mini-series with Curry?

Me too, except I homeschool and my kids get up at the crack of dawn even though they could sleep in - LOL!

I saw the P!nk one because I like her.
    Haha, yeah homeschooling kids at the crack of dawn is also a good excuse for missing late night television (if you needed one!)

ObTopic: if creepy films aren't your jam, IT is probably a skip. I thought it a singularly effective film.